Should spiderman be with Mary Jane or black cat?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Let's look at it this way. MJ has been portrayed as being a damsel in distress for years, same as Lois for Superman. However, while Lois has a reason to be in perilous situations due to her profession, MJ doesn't. She was always kidnapped for whatever reason, even if the villain didn't know her connection to Spider-Man, and even when she wasn't she was always shown worrying about Peter when they would cut back to her in the comic. I understand that she's worried about her, then, husband out doing something extremely dangerous, but if all she's going to do is worry whenever you have her in his life as a girlfriend or wife then what's the point?!?!? I say at this point in time, yes Peter is better off with Felecia. She's got the looks, the skills, and the sheer ability to keep up with his life as a hero AND unlike MJ can actually help him!!

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Pater and MJ are good togeter. Give Black Cat to Scarlet Spider (Kaine).

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By AllNewOverseer

@Dernman said:

Gwen Stacy first love. Mary Jane true love.

I like this best, though with Black Cat as a past romance

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Ms Marvel would be interesting.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#55  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
 Gwen Stacy
 Gwen Stacy
Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Skyfire

Oh MJ without a doubt.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Strider1992

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Give Black Cat to Scarlet Spider (Kaine).

I just want them to meet first lol and yeah that would be an interesting pairing. Unlike Pete, Kaine wouldn't take any of her crap!

@Pwok21 said:

Captain Marvel.

There was so much tension between the two and it just disappeared...

You might be in luck DeCornnick (Captain Marvel writer) actually said she liked where Brian had been heading with the couple and wouldn't be opposed to it if she could do it properly. Carol is appearing in Avenging Spider-man 9 and 10 (both written by DeCornnick) and Spider-man is also in the first 1 or 2 issues of Captain Marvel. Maybe something is up O.O

Can't make up my mind about that pairing but i'd be interested to see if its attmepted.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Strider92 said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Give Black Cat to Scarlet Spider (Kaine).

I just want them to meet first lol and yeah that would be an interesting pairing. Unlike Pete, Kaine wouldn't take any of her crap!

@Pwok21 said:

Captain Marvel.

There was so much tension between the two and it just disappeared...

You might be in luck DeCornnick (Captain Marvel writer) actually said she liked where Brian had been heading with the couple and wouldn't be opposed to it if she could do it properly. Carol is appearing in Avenging Spider-man 9 and 10 (both written by DeCornnick) and Spider-man is also in the first 1 or 2 issues of Captain Marvel. Maybe something is up O.O

Can't make up my mind about that pairing but i'd be interested to see if its attmepted.

Kaine should get with Abigail and opposites attract so maybe we will see Spidey with Carol?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By Strider1992

@Pwok21 said:

Kaine should get with Abigail and opposites attract so maybe we will see Spidey with Carol?

According to DeCornnick its a possibility but its not going to be an instant thing if it does happen they'll be some build up to make sure Cap Marvel takes off (no pun intended) but her being in Avenging Spider-man and Spider-man training Carol in Captain Marvel 1 could be a hint. We'll have to wait and see.

Acestar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Acestar101

im just going to say it.... Gwen Stacey

DoctorOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DoctorOctopus

Peter will always have a soft spot for his first love (Gwen), but the Mary Jane dynamic is tops.

DH1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DH1986

I'm a Gwen fan, but out of the two? Definitely Mary Jane, Black cat steals stuff, and Spidey always has to wear a mask when they make whoopie, cause she can't stand to look at Parker.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I have always been a Spidey and MJ fan

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Madame_Mist

MJ. Though I do like seeing Black Cat branching out.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By primebonnick

i thought he was doing a thing with ms marvel (captain marvel) i wanna see where that goes, but if i had to pick between these two i pick Felicia

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By thespideyguy

black cat

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By mewmdude77

@Strider92 said:

@Pwok21 said:

According to DeCornnick its a possibility but its not going to be an instant thing if it does happen they'll be some build up to make sure Cap Marvel takes off (no pun intended) but her being in Avenging Spider-man and Spider-man training Carol in Captain Marvel 1 could be a hint. We'll have to wait and see.

I really hope so. I like Peter and Carol together. They just seem like a perfect fit to me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By PunyParker

Ι want Pete and Felicia to be together just to see how will it go....they are now grown up,both of em,.....id like to see what happens.....(in "evel that men do" they seemed to have wonderfull chemistry!)

And.....this....

No Caption Provided
JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@PunyParker: theres a what if issue with it. it ended badly. mj always. hit that jackpot tiger.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PunyParker

@JohnnyWalker said:

mj always. hit that jackpot tiger.

I cant argue with that..... :)

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By darthfury78

For now: Neither one. The best option is The Black Widow/Spider-Man and Betty Brant/Peter Parker!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78 said:

For now: Neither one. The best option is The Black Widow/Spider-Man and Betty Brant/Peter Parker!!!

WHATS WITH THE BLACK WIDOW ALL OF A SUDDEN??

I really dont understand how she developed to be the most popular female character in Marvel U......

I mean Felicia,MJ,Sable.....after the Avengers movie she became VERY famous.....DAMN YOU SCARLETT.....you would have been the perfect Black Cat....damn....

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By darthfury78

@PunyParker: The Black Widow was the first heroine to notice Spider-Man back in Amazing Spider-Man #86. And her iconic costume and the wrist bands was the inspiration that came from Spider-Man. She battled to him to test herself. But I felt that there was a missed opportunity to incorporate her in some of Spider-Man's early storylines in the 1970's to the 1980's. Had the Spider-Writers at that time had used the Black Widow as a frequent guest, she might have been as popular then as she is now because some of the stories within Spider-Man could have used her to help us understand some of the characters background. I think that Spider-Man x Black Widow could have been more than just friends if they actually got to know each other. The same could have been allied to Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers as well.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PunyParker

@darthfury78: Yeah,bro,i know the amount of popularity of Widow....(because i read comics)....others that saw the Avengers and flipped,they think Widow IS the most popular female character in Marvel U....only cause of the film....when i think of MJ i dont imagine Kirsten Dunst....so when i think of Widow,i dont imagine Scarlett....

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PaperDemon

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Let's look at it this way. MJ has been portrayed as being a damsel in distress for years, same as Lois for Superman. However, while Lois has a reason to be in perilous situations due to her profession, MJ doesn't. She was always kidnapped for whatever reason, even if the villain didn't know her connection to Spider-Man, and even when she wasn't she was always shown worrying about Peter when they would cut back to her in the comic. I understand that she's worried about her, then, husband out doing something extremely dangerous, but if all she's going to do is worry whenever you have her in his life as a girlfriend or wife then what's the point?!?!? I say at this point in time, yes Peter is better off with Felecia. She's got the looks, the skills, and the sheer ability to keep up with his life as a hero AND unlike MJ can actually help him!!

BINGO! Perfect response. My thoughts exactly.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PunyParker

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for both that would be awesome.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By darthfury78

No need for Spidey to be in a relationship. Good for him to stay single for the foreseeable future. A courtship with no one is idea because we could finally see Peter get a chance to finally establish a mutual relationship with, in addition to Silver Sable and Ms. Marvel:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@KainScion: Peter for president, son!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Mary-Jane

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LoganX360

,,mary jane , when i read spiderman comics , mary jane was the conundrum puzzle the genius peter parker could never solve , she was his meaning to come back from almost death to try to solve that puzzle the fuel to his fighting tactic jokes before Rob Liefeld ever created deadpool , She was that part of his memory before he became spiderman his only remedy to live a normal life ..., besides blackcat is cornball .

:)

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mutant God

third option, mary jane with black cat

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#84  Edited By dernman

Mary-Jane Watson Parker

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Mercy_ said:

By that logic Spider-Man should be with Cyclops over Mary Jane.

Cyclops is taken duh! Wolverine and him are just going through a rough patch!

Now! Tony/Peter! There's a romance that can't be taken away!

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Spider-Man gave up his marriage to Mephisto in One More Day so there relationship has run its corse. Now its Black Cats turn.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By darthfury78

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Spider-Man gave up his marriage to Mephisto in One More Day so there relationship has run its corse. Now its Black Cats turn.

Nah. I think that Black Cat's out of the picture. Peter should be with no one. The only alternate are Betty Brant, The Black Widow, and Spider-Woman.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By PunyParker

@TheCrowbar said:

@Mercy_ said:

By that logic Spider-Man should be with Cyclops over Mary Jane.

Cyclops is taken duh! Wolverine and him are just going through a rough patch!

Now! Tony/Peter! There's a romance that can't be taken away!

HEEEEEEEY!!!

Not everyone is gay here!! RELAX.....(cyclops is kinda ho...NOOOOOOO STOP....feliciahardyfeliciahardyfeliciahardy.....ok im straight again :P )

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Mutant God

others are Madame Web, Silver Sable (if shes still alive), Carlie Cooper, Glory Grant, Carol Danvers, Shadowcat

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@darthfury78 said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Nah. I think that Black Cat's out of the picture. Peter should be with no one. The only alternate are Betty Brant, The Black Widow, and Spider-Woman.

Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. I like it.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By darthfury78

@Mutant God said:

others are Madame Web, Silver Sable (if shes still alive), Carlie Cooper, Glory Grant, Carol Danvers, Shadowcat

I am glad that Glory Grant is no where near Peter's mess. He just broke up Carlie Cooper; thus that relationship is unlikely to be revived. In addition, I think that the ship has sailed when it comes to a possible relationship between Peter x Julia. Since Julia has a kid, Marvel won't go in that direction. Especially since they won't do a Peter Parker x Liz Allan relationship because she's a single mother as well.

I do like Silver Sable and Ms. Marvel. But it would be cool to see Black Widow and Spider-Woman, along with Psylocke and She-Hulk.

But I am quite surprise that Betty Brant is forgotten as Peter's past lovers. I think that Joe Quesada decided to replace her for Carlie Cooper.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By primebonnick

can't he just have the harem and be with them both, because i love them both. Still the chemistry with him and black cat is awesome

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 rogueshadow  Moderator

Mary Jane.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mary Jane over anyone.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aunt May

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

While I do like Black Cat I've got to go with MJ. Felicia is more or less a fling. And for those of you who say MJ can't take care of herself. I'd like to remind you she beat the Chameleon.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go with Black Cat. Sorry Mary Jane fans. She sucks.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By spider11211

While I do like Black Cat I've got to go with MJ. Felicia is more or less a fling. And for those of you who say MJ can't take care of herself. I'd like to remind you she beat the Chameleon.

She may be a fling but she would be worth it.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would say Mary Jane, they have history, she can keep him grounded and he can have as close as a normal life as he can with her, good for a long term relationship, while Black Cat is the fun adventurous type, unpredictable, good for the short term but on shaky ground on a long term relationship.

But in all honesty, I would have to to say my actual support would have to go to Silver Sable, because I see her as a mixture of the two. She has the serious but impulsive side of Mary Jane and the adventurous and look after oneself confidence of Black Cat. Dire when ever I read an issue where Spider-man & Silver Sable teamed up I always felt that she had more than a romantic interest in him and the interaction between them felt more than your average conversing and looking out for ones team-mate, it was even made more evident during ASM #679 & ASM #685, and it was played with in the last three pages of What If...? #21 - What if the Amazing Spider-Man had Married the Black Cat?

What if #21-1
What if #21-1
What if #21-2
What if #21-2
What if #21-3
What if #21-3
ASM 679
ASM 679
ASM 685
ASM 685
ASM 685
ASM 685

Just a quick FYI, you might have heard she died at the end of the Ends of the Earth arc, but according to Julia Carpenter she is actually still alive and her story is far from over, also her body was never found.