#1 Posted by Bezza (3364 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand spiders can grow back limbs and other body parts, so am wondering why the Amazing Spiderman hasn't done this in any of his stories. If anyone should have a healing factor it should be him!

#2 Edited by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza

They won't do that because a lot of people don't know that, and he'll be accused of ripping off Wolverine and Deadpool. If they gave Spider-Man a regenerative power, it could end up like Wolverine: getting completely out of control.

#3 Edited by 8008S (394 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes the character too OP to genuinely care about his safety. Dodging practically every lethal hit thrown at him and recovering from severed limbs/organs?

That being said though his "rapid healing" works for me, given people who break multiple bones and sustain heavy injuries regularly wouldn't go unnoticed by their family/friends.

#4 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe that's only certain breeds of spider, and not the kind he was bitten by.

#5 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't he grow his eye back back in the other? i know kaine did something similar in his book , if he suffered heavy damage he would be cocooned and healed up . given he became a bloodthirsty monster for a bit but something close to that extent would be ok i guess. but nothing like deadpool or wolverine where he just waits a few minute and his limbs are grown back .

#6 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa: Not exactly the same thing compared to the "Other". I don't think that every time Peter or Kaine could heal up like this. The gifts of the "Other" are offered once in a lifetime to a Spider-person (or at least that's what I think, after reading Stracz. and Yost's relative comic books).

#7 Posted by SheenLantern (6199 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie is bad enough without limbs flying around.

#9 Edited by Black_Katana (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... growing back limbs? I think it depends on what species of spider, then again he is radioactive. Personally, I like that he can't. Makes him more human in a sense, no need to complicate things with him having an almost immortality factor.

#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: That's a good question, but the answer is probably no, cause the "Other" has chosen Kaine, who seems to be a better "host" for that "creature" (Scarlet Spider 13 - 15). Nevertheless, we're talking about comic book stories, anything can happen again and again and again.

#11 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5803 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume already reminds me a little of Deadpool. Imagine what the healing factor would do...Though it does make sense.