• 109 results
#51 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11303 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they don't cancel the book. I look forward to this book more than most Marvel titles. I really like Yost on Spider titles.

#52 Posted by PunyParker (9397 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker:

superior scarlet spider?

Τhat would be ridiculous.

@punyparker said:

@strider92 said:

@danhimself said:

it's still in all of the solicitations up until November so if it is getting cancelled then it's after November

Stegman posted an image from December's issue which is apparently the beginning of a new arc doesn't sound like its getting canned.

Strong rumours about it.....all titles that doesnt have Superior on/in them are getting cancelled....(Morbious,Venom)

Maybe it's just a re-launch.....or maybe it's not cancelled and we are talking bullsh*t here!!...that would be pleasent.

If it they do get canceled it's because they're all selling like crap. I doubt Marvel has some conspiracy to weed out everything not in the superior brand

Truth be told,it's not selling well buddy....

#53 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Scarlet Spider? Yeah I know. I don't think it made the top 100 last month

#54 Posted by PunyParker (9397 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Scarlet Spider? Yeah I know. I don't think it made the top 100 last month

Sadly....

#55 Posted by M3th (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: The outrage can come from whoever. The ones that are to be blamed for having a series get canceled is the fans who buy "crap" and not the "good" series.

-m3th.O.D.-

#56 Posted by angelalfonso (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@angelalfonso said:

@punyparker:

superior scarlet spider?

Τhat would be ridiculous.

@peppeyhare said:

@punyparker said:

@strider92 said:

@danhimself said:

it's still in all of the solicitations up until November so if it is getting cancelled then it's after November

Stegman posted an image from December's issue which is apparently the beginning of a new arc doesn't sound like its getting canned.

Strong rumours about it.....all titles that doesnt have Superior on/in them are getting cancelled....(Morbious,Venom)

Maybe it's just a re-launch.....or maybe it's not cancelled and we are talking bullsh*t here!!...that would be pleasent.

If it they do get canceled it's because they're all selling like crap. I doubt Marvel has some conspiracy to weed out everything not in the superior brand

Truth be told,it's not selling well buddy....

Yes I know, it was a joke

#57 Posted by MixMastaMicah5 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Well that's true lol

The part that infuriates me is that these guys don't appreciate the gift they've been given, in being able to write comics. They do it only to fellate their own egos. Makes me sick.

I mean look at that. That is just too stupid for words. Remender is completely without talent, and has a job that tens of thousands of far better writers would kill for. Doesn't appreciate it. Doesn't care.

C'mon dude really? Remender is one of my favorite writers, saying that just boggles my mind. Fear Agent and Uncanny X-Force are both seminal works that will be evergreen runs in the future. Uncanny Avengers is superb, currently one of the best books in Marvel's renown (thanks to Marvel NOW) stable and also launched the longest serialized Venom series. The man has talent.

#58 Edited by MixMastaMicah5 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the subject at hand, the downfall of these books ARE the rumors themselves. While there may be an inkling of truth to this, the fact that it gets negative publicity like this furthers us (the fans of the series) from hoping to revive and will this series to continue. I love this book to bits, it actually was a top 20 title when it was first conceived (rightfully so) but where Marvel make their mistakes on titles like this is that they don't stick with it. The art, while serviceable, could be better. I would kill for Bagley to be on this book because he's not some A-lister who needs to be on a high profile project (not saying he doesn't deserve it) but it's not someone that they'd have to pull from a high selling book. I don't think the Fantastic Four series lights up the sales charts and I'm sure most of that is the fact that a big name like Fraction is attached to it. My point is that the art has truthfully been a bit lackluster of late even thought the scripting and plot are out of this world. I just wish our voices would be heard.

My suggestion is to vehemently scream out to the world how good this book is every chance you get (on ign, cbr, newsaram, blogs, to friends) and continue buying your copy to hope we can ride this out. Crazier things have happened.

Worst case scenario is that if it does get cancelled we can all rally and make our voices heard for the book to be relaunched in a Marvel NOW wave 2. If only he were on one of the Avengers teams...

#59 Posted by Wolverine08 (40556 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

@mixmastamicah5: You've sort of dug your own grave saying that Remander has talent now. Fade hates his writing and the guy himself and if he decides to respond to this, you only have yourself to blame. Being on Fade's wrong side isn't something I envy you for :P

#61 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@mixmastamicah5: You've sort of dug your own grave saying that Remander has talent now. Fade hates his writing and the guy himself and if he decides to respond to this, you only have yourself to blame. Being on Fade's wrong side isn't something I envy you for :P

Please, arguing with Fade is easy as long as you don't flinch. He feeds off fear after all.

#62 Posted by Lvenger (19052 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Please, arguing with Fade is easy as long as you don't flinch. He feeds off fear after all.

True but the infidel has dared claim that Remander has talent. That is not an offence the mighty Fade can let slide :P

#63 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@decoyelite said:

@lvenger said:

True but the infidel has dared claim that Remander has talent. That is not an offence the mighty Fade can let slide :P

Well he can just say more and more bizarre stuff until Fade just gives up. Just tell how great Death-Sentry and all that.

#64 Posted by dondave (35929 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in the Scarlet Spider forum?

#65 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Edited by k4tzm4n (38829 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU (yeah, you) have the power to prevent this. Tell your friends why its awesome. Hell, let them borrow an issue or two to prove it. SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF KAINE! If this book gets canceled, we only have ourselves to blame.

Staff Online
#67 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

buy 2 issues and lend one to a friend or leave it on the bus, that way sales go up from us buying 2 copies and hopefully some new readers jump on board

#68 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

YOU (yeah, you) have the power to prevent this. Tell your friends why its awesome. Hell, let them borrow an issue or two to prove it. SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF KAINE! If this book gets canceled, we only have ourselves to blame.

#69 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

@fadetoblackbolt: Man you are so edgy, would you like me to make a thread about how smart you are? Do you have your Ph. D.? If so, can you help me out with my Physics homework? I have a particle moving along a quadratic function, with it's velocity vector <1, sec(t)>; what is the particles position vector, acceleration vector and speed? Also, I am having trouble with understanding why UTF-8 encoding is compatible with UTF-16 encoding, and why it can ignore endian's; can you help out?

I almost have one I am ABD.

#70 Edited by Dman1366 (554 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I am researching the impact of political affiliation on student outcomes with a concentration on the impact on business theories and success.

#72 Posted by Dman1366 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: that sounds awesome! are you close to proving your thesis

#73 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: Sadly no, I have been too busy to put in the time to have this completed. I would say that I am around 50% complete. I am currently collecting income earning potential for several fields to compare the data with political stances. I will say that so far even with the data not fully complete I am seeing some clear trends.

To be clear I am measuring success primarily on income.

I will be acquiring help from a friend soon to help me with this.

#74 Posted by MixMastaMicah5 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@decoyelite said:

@lvenger said:

Well he can just say more and more bizarre stuff until Fade just gives up. Just tell how great Death-Sentry and all that.

Yeah why should writers at all try to redeem characters that are considered one-note, uninteresting, and/or unlikable? (see Damien Wayne, Superior Spider Foes, Kaine hisself, Prophet by Image, Next Wave, etc.). There truly is no such thing as a "bad" character. Not sure why you think my comment is so "bizarre". Remender has delivered the goods time and time again, but I guess that's just an attempt to get a clever chide in while I'm stuck with the 5 comments a day rule. More power to you, I was actually a previous member from a while ago and was hoping to rejoin the community after iFanboy shutting down operations.

#75 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@mixmastamicah5: I was calling your comment bizarre I was saying that saying bizarre things is how you get Fade to leave ya alone. I was making a joke.

Also yay someone else who's read Prophet! Can't wait for the 3rd trade.

#76 Posted by MixMastaMicah5 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: do'h, the overprotective "new guy" side of me strikes again lol and I agree man, wish more people were reading it like this very book the thread is about. There's just so many damn good comics out nowadays!

#77 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@mixmastamicah5: Lol, all the best comics are the ones not enough people read.

#78 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

Why won't this thread die?

( + )

#79 Posted by MixMastaMicah5 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: exactly, it's sickening. But hey, we live in an imperfect world.

#80 Edited by Hanson724 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the sales figures for July . Not too many more than Venom. Hopefully more people will read this and get sales up around 30,000 . Unfortunately that's not likely.

109 Scarlet Spider 19 $2.99 Marvel 22,499

121 Venom 37 $2.99 Marvel 20,872

#81 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Jup, its cancelled. The solicits for december say Final Issue. Oh, well... one of my top three books gone. The only Spider book I have cared for since 2004, I guess?

#82 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Jup, its cancelled. The solicits for december say Final Issue. Oh, well... one of my top three books gone. The only Spider book I have cared for since 2004, I guess?

Only thing to do at this news...

On the plus side, I'm done with both Marvel and DC

#83 Edited by k4tzm4n (38829 posts) - - Show Bio

LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!

• It’s over. Kaine did his best to be a hero. He failed.

• What about Houston?! Who lives? Who dies? Is there a place for the Scarlet Spider in this world? The answers will surprise you.

• Two years and 25 issues have led to THIS! Guest starring: MEXICO!

Staff Online
#84 Posted by Wolverine08 (40556 posts) - - Show Bio

#85 Edited by 8008S (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!

• What about Houston?! Who lives? Who dies? Is there a place for the Scarlet Spider in this world? The answers will surprise you.

That does it.

*Jumps off skyscraper*

#86 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!

Cancelling the series is one thing, but making kaine go back to being a villian?

#87 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Yeah, its really sad. I really loved Kaine. The saddest part is,Ionly started reading last week, with the first trades, because K4tzm4n's constant raving about it finally made me pick it up.

I still have a lot of DC and Marvel books I am very much enjoying,like Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Avengers, Thor, Daredevil and a few others. Still, its sad that I finally chose to pick up one of the smaller titles and as soon as I am halfway caught up,its getting cancelled. Oh man.

I hope they finish strong and find a good place for Kaine. Maybe in the Thunderbolts team? It would fit, since its also my only source for Venom and Frank Castle, who I both miss dearly solo.

#88 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

@shallbecomeabattoo: At the very least you managed to pick up book, and discover kaine's jounery being a hero. (anti-hero)

Good things dies young as they say.

#89 Posted by angelalfonso (994 posts) - - Show Bio

How come no one put this one yet?

Seriously I’m sad….. marvel has left me with nothing I really care

#90 Posted by PunyParker (9397 posts) - - Show Bio

Any solicit for December you ask?!
Here ya go i tell you!

CHRIS YOST (W)

DAVID BALDEON (A)

Cover by Ryan Stegman

LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!

#91 Edited by PunyParker (9397 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.It;s cancelled December 2013.That's it.

If you'll excuse me,im gonna go and cry in the shower.

#92 Posted by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thats it i'm done with Marvel......

#93 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (921 posts) - - Show Bio
#94 Edited by angelalfonso (994 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Edited by PunyParker (9397 posts) - - Show Bio
#96 Edited by Wyldsong (5320 posts) - - Show Bio

Well thats it i'm done with Marvel......

Pretty much this right here...it will especially seal the deal if Kaine goes back to villain status. It's a damn shame about the sales, this was honestly the most entertaining book Marvel had to offer=(

#97 Edited by JetiiMitra (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

#98 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

The solicit said that he tried being a hero, but failed. I think he will go back to being his old self in a new ongoing titled Kaine.

#99 Posted by PaperDemon (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus... WHY????? They ruined Spidey with SpOck and now kaine is going too? F this marvel.

#100 Edited by Red_Lion1989 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Man it's such a shame but I'm thankful we got as many issues as we have done. Thank you Yost for a great ride, hopefully it's not the last we see of Kaine.