#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: As if erasing Peter Parker isn't bad enough, he has to crow about what he's doing. Slott is now on my writer's blacklist forever.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: As if erasing Peter Parker isn't bad enough, he has to crow about what he's doing. Slott is now on my writer's blacklist forever.

-___-

#4 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the guy put in charge of Spider-man?

#5 Posted by animehunter (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

even further salt added to the our wounds

#6 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Slott even with #9 I mean I liked him less but I liked the other stuff he did and most writers make bad decisions at some point but after this! I don't know way to rub it in and look like a jerk.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

even further salt added to the our wounds

Slott's produced enough salt to rub on us Peter Parker fans' wounds to fill an ocean. What he's done to Peter is abominable.

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's reeling us all in for something great.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Slott just hates Peter Parker and that was his plan from the start but from the way he is saying it I feel like Peter is going to return one way or another.

#10 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74

I agree, but I'm still not buying until that point comes around.

#11 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

go fuck yourself. who agrees that this should become a meme?.

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

@evilvegeta74

I agree, but I'm still not buying until that point comes around.

I will do the same, I tell you this whole story will be one of the greatest TP in years though.

#13 Posted by inkBot (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Either he's trying to be funny and failing hard, or he's intentionally being a jerk to the people that don't like what he's doing.

In either case, he can go rot.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you are all being way to mellow dramatic about the whole Peter Parker thing.

#15 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

I just lost what was left of "well not respect, but something similar" that I had left for Dan Slott

And Slott says ghost pete was here to tell " Everything will be OK I will be back " For god sake, you even have to keep hope away from us.

#16 Posted by clonesaga2099 (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about what Dan Slott has to say! I can get better stories from the Clone Saga and Scarlet Spider. Although, this event did have potential to be game-changing and exciting; Slott has failed to do that and instead made it just angering for a lot of readers. His aggressive attitude with the fans doesn't help matters either. The concept is interesting, but he never focuses on the important parts. For example: why hasn't he made a deal of the murder of Massacre. Spider-Man has killed someone, you'd think that there would be all kinds of new and compelling stories from that. It's the same thing as when Peter had unmasked in Civil War. They had a HUGE chance to tell all sorts of new stories about a Public Peter Parker, but because they didn't want to do that we got a retcon instead. I will read Superior again once Slott decides to bring up the fact Spider-Man has become a murderer. The friendly neighborhood Spider-Man just become a vigilante who gets to decide who lives and who dies, and we're just supposed to say "Ehh okay." He should be having fallout with a whole bunch of people! Mary Jane and JJJ are way out of character. JJJ is now just a loudmouth who promotes brutality, which is really odd for him since it's earlier been established that deep down he's a good guy. MJ should say something after seeing her Tiger EMPTY A CLIP INTO SOMEONE'S FACE! He's murdered a character with history: Dr. Kafka and took Scorpion's jaw for mere shock value. The new status quo instead is going nowhere fast and isn't as exciting as it should be. Every issue can be summed up as Ock is doing some crime fighting, Ock is brutal, Ock or more likely Slott tells the reader how "Superior" he is. He's gone as far as to defame Peter's character to sell us on the new status quo. It's insulting to the fans, if Ock is so cool he shouldn't have to make Peter look bad or tell us he's better we'd come up with that ourselves. Slott did this to open a chance for exciting stories, and while his stories have been alright if not enjoyable he's not done anything incredibly exciting with this promising premise he has.

Short Version: Slott shouldn't be so proud of what he's done, since he refuses to fully exploit the new status quo, and I'd appreciate it if he'd stop trolling the Spider-Fans.

#17 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks like a fat version of Gollum.

#18 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to say anything bad, because the whole series might turn around next issue. The last nine didn't have much to keep me interested, but now Osborn is returning!

#19 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

don't you drag matt fraction into the creative crap that you alone made. f you slott. f you.

#20 Posted by animehunter (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

He just keeps shovelling in more salt doesn't he

#21 Posted by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually found these videos slightly funny how he was so cynical about this. Still hate what he's done, and hope that he somehow fixes it. That would be funny for people who now hate him to go thank you but why hurt us?

#23 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought so. I thought it was ridiculous that they started SSM by seemingly walking back the death of Parker. And the fact that we lose ghost Pete makes it seem silly, like we're back where we started. They should have stuck with the original pitch.

#24 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. No one is EVER allowed to ask me to give this man the benefit of the doubt again.

No amount of good writing in his past makes up for the glee he has for what he's doing to people.

#25 Edited by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@inkbot said:

Either he's trying to be funny and failing hard, or he's intentionally being a jerk to the people that don't like what he's doing.

In either case, he can go rot.

Nailed it!

#26 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people hate on Slott so much, it's rather sad really. I absolutely love the book, and am glad to have some new potential story avenues. Slott is a good sport when it comes to the hate he gets, but really people should stop being so upset about this, Peter will be back eventually and then we can all go back to having the same old stories told over and over. In the meantime let us fans of the book enjoy the ride.

#27 Edited by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how people hate on Slott so much, it's rather sad really. I absolutely love the book, and am glad to have some new potential story avenues. Slott is a good sport when it comes to the hate he gets, but really people should stop being so upset about this, Peter will be back eventually and then we can all go back to having the same old stories told over and over. In the meantime let us fans of the book enjoy the ride.

What's new about freaky friday take #1337. We know that peter will be back but, these series of books are s**ting on the character just to make Doc Ock look good.

#28 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Spock is the most interesting thing from Marvel in a long time. I actually hope this goes on for awhile.

#29 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

What's new about freaky friday take #1337. We know that peter will be back but, these series of books are s**ting on the character just to make Doc Ock look good.

Yea, it's to the point where Slott's Doc Ock is as ridiculous as Loeb's Rulk. Can we please start referring to Slott Ock as the Slottforce now?

#30 Edited by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Yea, it's to the point where Slott's Doc Ock is as ridiculous as Loeb's Rulk. Can we please start referring to Slott Ock as the Slottforce now?

Slottforce could be NSFW if spelt incorrectly.

#31 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Slott is funny.

#32 Posted by dscythe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

really enjoying superior spider-man actually, slott is definitely just trying to get a rise out of the readers, petey will be back in time

#33 Posted by Tohoma (1517 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated his decision for getting rid of Peter but even then I still respected him. Because it does take balls to screw the status quo despite the raging fan base. But they way he responds to the raging fan base is unprofessional. I mean this guy was arguing with fans over twitter and now this. You don't see Bendis making videos like this when he killed Ult. Spidey and you don't see Loeb saying 'take it like a man' in response of Ultimatum. Honestly I lost all respect for the Slott and I won't be picking up his books anymore.

#34 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma said:

I hated his decision for getting rid of Peter but even then I still respected him. Because it does take balls to screw the status quo despite the raging fan base. But they way he responds to the raging fan base is unprofessional. I mean this guy was arguing with fans over twitter and now this. You don't see Bendis making videos like this when he killed Ult. Spidey and you don't see Loeb saying 'take it like a man' in response of Ultimatum. Honestly I lost all respect for the Slott and I won't be picking up his books anymore.

This.

I hate what Dennis Hopeless is doing in his book even more than I hate what Slott's doing in his, but even he hasn't sunk this low. It scares me that I am able to respect Hopeless more than someone else at Marvel right now.

#35 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda didn't see anything wrong with the video -- and really, this is simply a story-line which will play itself out and Peter will be back.

He's a writer -- judge him on his writing. He was talking about the book. I don't like where he's taken Spider-Man but as for losing all respect for him etc, etc -- I just don't see it.

Just me.

#36 Posted by djluongo (19 posts) - - Show Bio

So I have to ask, where are all the people who threaten to shove a pencil in this guy's eye? Bc I feel like he deserves SO much more then that right now!!

#37 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

THATS how MJ should be written Slott....

#38 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

That goes to you Mr. Slott.....(at 4:08)

It's from 2005