Question about brand new day

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

when brand new day happened time reversed and things changed in the spidey universe, but all the other books stayed unchanged. Does spidey stuff happen in an alternative universe now or did something else happen which I am not aware off?

@punyparker do you know?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also did spidey or mj ever remember anything about their past life and marriage?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By angelalfonso

@amazingspiderman15: everything happened the same, only they never got married.

the only thing that changed for sure is that Harry didn't die and MJ never got pregnant thereforer May was never born and Norman didn't kill her

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker since tags in OP don't work.

Thanks.

when brand new day happened time reversed and things changed in the spidey universe, but all the other books stayed unchanged. Does spidey stuff happen in an alternative universe now or did something else happen which I am not aware off?

@punyparker do you know?

If you mean "in other books" like Avengers,Iron Man etc. then everything changed about Spider-Man.The Avengers forgot he's Peter Parker.Everyone did.
That's the only change.And that's how other books were affected.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And none of Spidey's villains that knew his identity before Brand New Day remembered that Peter was Spidey, even though it was Norman Osborn's major motivation for, like, 20 years and Venom was attached to his face.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba:

but somehow the jackal did remember Spider Man's identity, maybe because he did study Peter's body up to the tiniest cheek hair.

but venom was part of that same cheek hair and he didn't remember.

oh, yes everyone forgot spider man identity, but at the same time everyone remember knowing his identity

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba:

but somehow the jackal did remember Spider Man's identity, maybe because he did study Peter's body up to the tiniest cheek hair.

but venom was part of that same cheek hair and he didn't remember.

oh, yes everyone forgot spider man identity, but at the same time everyone remember knowing his identity

That's still stupid. Norman had documented evidence and reports of who spider-man was and they all mysteriously vanished. the whole jackal thing was unexplained and they never bothered to. I believe it was also said people remember the unmasking but don't remember who it was, and don't have the urge to care and don't worry about it . Why venom would forget but jackal wouldn't is beyond me. He got screwed over with that devil deal if you ask me

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

every documented evidence of Pete being spider man was supposedly destroyed after brand new day, remember it wasn't really Mephisto but the illuminati who did it, using the same technology that they used to erase Sentry from the world.

if you remember Peter went to the microverse with the F4 where the five of them were worshiped as gods and have monuments of them but the only one that had been deteriorated beyond recognition was the spiderman statue.

i'm not saying it makes sense, because it doesn't, i'm just saying that it has been explained up to some point.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

every documented evidence of Pete being spider man was supposedly destroyed after brand new day, remember it wasn't really Mephisto but the illuminati who did it, using the same technology that they used to erase Sentry from the world.

if you remember Peter went to the microverse with the F4 where the five of them were worshiped as gods and have monuments of them but the only one that had been deteriorated beyond recognition was the spiderman statue.

i'm not saying it makes sense, because it doesn't, i'm just saying that it has been explained up to some point.

yes i know, but jackal still remembered with no explanation, that's what I was calling stupid. Every other thing on earth AND off earth related to peter was destroyed or people forgot, people remembered the unmasking but they don't remember or don't care who it was. And the Mephisto and Illuminati thing is still being argued today. Some could argue that mephisto orchestrated real time events so that the Illuminati did it. Others say that marvel realized how stupid it was and realized their mistake and tried to forget about the mephisto thing and went with reed stark and tony. But the deal was made with mephisto, and i dont know many instances where he backed out of deals. there were also flash back stories to fill in the gaps of why MJ and pete didnt get married. and a red bird was on ever page that caused something wrong to happen in order for him to miss the wedding. Part of the deal was they give up their love. This is something that marvel just didn't talk about , like MJ's kidnapped baby.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until the deal is undone, yes, it's an alternative universe everyone is trapped in and Peter and MJ no longer act in-character because part of their souls were sacrificed to Mephisto.

On the bright side, the daily newspaper comic revealed the whole thing was a bad dream anyway and Peter's still married to MJ

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By angelalfonso

@w0nd: Mephisto didn't care for Peter's soul (or MJ's), he took away his marriage nothing more nothing else.

like a say before he clone Peter so he knows every single cell in Peter's body (but so did venom and he didn't remember, i know it's stupid), the same thing could apply to Kaine in theory he shouldn't remember and yet he does.

Yes, "BND" was stupid, and no they're not in a different dimension they are in 616.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: huh how come you are quoting me? I never said he took their soul. Part of the deal was everyone forgot who they were in exchange for their love, (marriage) Was that quote for me?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zarius

@angelalfonso said:

@w0nd: Mephisto didn't care for Peter's soul (or MJ's), he took away his marriage nothing more nothing else.

like a say before he clone Peter so he knows every single cell in Peter's body (but so did venom and he didn't remember, i know it's stupid), the same thing could apply to Kaine in theory he shouldn't remember and yet he does.

Yes, "BND" was stupid, and no they're not in a different dimension they are in 616.

Hardly matters does it? House of M's reality was also the state of 616 at one point. Same thing with this. Same universe, altered state of reality. It's not the proper timeline and never will be.

Mephisto also said a small part of Peter and MJ's souls would remember the marraige,, and they would be screaming forever. So you're wrong there. He has their unconditional love, Joe Quesada even said they sacrificed their love to save May so they can't care for each other quite the same way they used to until the deal is undone. Mephisto has their love and thus part of their souls

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:

@angelalfonso said:

Hardly matters does it? House of M's reality was also the state of 616 at one point. Same thing with this. Same universe, altered state of reality. It's not the proper timeline and never will be.

Mephisto also said a small part of Peter and MJ's souls would remember the marraige,, and they would be screaming forever. So you're wrong there. He has their unconditional love, Joe Quesada even said they sacrificed their love to save May so they can't care for each other quite the same way they used to until the deal is undone. Mephisto has their love and thus part of their souls

that soul thing could be argued. Mephisto himself said he didn't want someone's soul if it was based off a good deed. It tastes like poison to him or something. I just try not to think about it too much. Makes my head hurt

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@zarius said:

@angelalfonso said:

that soul thing could be argued. Mephisto himself said he didn't want someone's soul if it was based off a good deed. It tastes like poison to him or something. I just try not to think about it too much. Makes my head hurt

Yes. As long as you don't have to think about it, it makes sense. Which is why people think comics are stupid and don't make sense.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@muhabba: It's all storytelling/imagination.......and considering that the story's forced,it's a bad use of imagination......or wrong,i dont know.