• 63 results
#1 Edited by animehunter (2122 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of the Spectacuar Spider-Man Season 3 petitions.....did they accomplish anything?...no!

The ONLY solution is NOT to buy the book.

#3 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

It reminds me of the Spectacuar Spider-Man Season 3 petitions.....did they accomplish anything?...no!

Agreed

#4 Posted by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

If people really want make difference, then they should look at the gaming communtiy response to the XBOX one's original rules.

#5 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

If people really want make difference, then they should look at the gaming communtiy response to the XBOX one's original rules.

Good point!

#6 Posted by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

I am afraid this will have no results... However, I can proudly say that I haven't bought one single issue of """Spectacular""" Spider-man!

#7 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Slott does not deserve your time and money. He is attacking me in the marvel forum right now falsely accusing me of being another forum member. This guy has no shame.

#8 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

That too, but you can never lose hope!

#9 Posted by Ryagan (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Petitions hardly ever work. And if you've read Marvel's fan mail in any of the issues of Superior Spider-Man, they're quite aware of how pissed off some people are, but regardless of all these criticisms, they pretty much say, "Tough. Doc Ock's here to stay."

I, for one, am enjoying Superior Spider-Man, so I can't say I support the petitions to begin with.

#10 Posted by Perethorn (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooner or later i see Pete coming back. I remember a time in the 90s when Ben Reilly took his place and he returned to be Spidey.

#11 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Yeah, but comic fans are a buncha softies. We're talking about people who spend over $4 a month on a mediocre book on a continual basis, hanging onto some fleeting hope that their letter to the Marvel's editors will actually be read and listened to. These people will cry about creative decisions all day long, but they're not willing to stop buying the book. They're like whiny junkies.

Video game fans on the other hand, have absolutely no loyalty, or feelings for that matter. They're also the most self-entitled people you'll ever meet. They will bombard your site with hate if you do something to piss them off. They will pass out propaganda on reddit that will embarrass you as a company. And most importantly, they will stop buying your sh** if you displease them.

#12 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no reason why we can't sign and not buy the book.

#13 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

I see no reason why we can't sign and not buy the book.

I see no reason too,but i had to point that out.

#14 Posted by Bokkie (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't like SpOck, but it can only turn out good once Pete does come back. And I still read the issue's hoping to read some clue's of the return of Pete. On the other hand when Pete does come back I think most friends and enemy's will know by then that Ock is in Pete's body. And it will be good to see him come back then. Bringing him back this soon will not do us any good, let Ock fuck up a bit more ;)

#15 Edited by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Yeah, but comic fans are a buncha softies. We're talking about people who spend over $4 a month on a mediocre book on a continual basis, hanging onto some fleeting hope that their letter to the Marvel's editors will actually be read and listened to. These people will cry about creative decisions all day long, but they're not willing to stop buying the book. They're like whiny junkies.

Video game fans on the other hand, have absolutely no loyalty, or feelings for that matter. They're also the most self-entitled people you'll ever meet. They will bombard your site with hate if you do something to piss them off. They will pass out propaganda on reddit that will embarrass you as a company. And most importantly, they will stop buying your sh** if you displease them.

Some video game franchises have loyalty if the company doesn't screw their fans.

#16 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Could someone please explain this? I'm not an avid Spidey reader. (No offense! I just never get around to it!) I did read a forum though, I vaguely remember something like "Spectacular Spiderman" or something around there. I didn't realize they replace Peter.

Could someone enlighten me?

#18 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

Could someone please explain this? I'm not an avid Spidey reader. (No offense! I just never get around to it!) I did read a forum though, I vaguely remember something like "Spectacular Spiderman" or something around there. I didn't realize they replace Peter.

Could someone enlighten me?

Dock Ock switched bodies with Peter and while he did it,he killed Ock's body with Peter's mind in it.....literally he killed Pete.Now he is(Ock) running around as Spider-Man trying to prove he can be better than Peter ever was.And noone has realised that Peter's behaviour is slightly(sarcasm) changed....

#19 Posted by OmniBeast (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: That... Is just so... I don't know.. stupid? Yeah stupid. Stupid sounds right.

#20 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@omnibeast:

It is what it is.

That is rather sad. It seems to me like Slott put himself in Spider-Mans body and is writing like he is Spider-man. Look at the similarities between Slott and Ock....hmmmm

Fat guy in a little suit....fat guy in a little suit..

#21 Posted by wrthreeh (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Oi

>:I

#22 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: That... Is just so... I don't know.. stupid? Yeah stupid. Stupid sounds right.

And imagine us who are following this for months....

Fat guy in a little suit....fat guy in a little suit..

Hypothetical High Five. I just made this gif because I was bored.... hope you enjoy!.

#23 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the only thing that will work. And it isn't actually working with sales for the title in the mid 80,000s. More than solid enough sales to justify keeping SpOck in Marvel's warped eyes.

#25 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@wrthreeh said:

@reignmaker said:

Oi

>:I

I play video games myself. :3

#26 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

But the data shows that sales are declining and it is possible that the next issue or the one after will be in the 70s not 80s.

There is a trend here and the decline is more steep than a good amount of other titles. Could it be that:

The hype is wearing off?

People are tired of waiting for Peter to return?

They do not like the character?

They do not like the story?

or other?

Peoples comic con reaction also show insight on this.

#27 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Will not accomplish anything

#28 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the people that actually enjoy the series?

#29 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

This is the only thing that will work. And it isn't actually working with sales for the title in the mid 80,000s. More than solid enough sales to justify keeping SpOck in Marvel's warped eyes.

How will it work?....Marvel will erase the E-Mail and nothing will happen!

#31 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: That's the case with a lot of books though. Sometimes drops are large but in Superior's case, they're small and fluctuate. I doubt a Spider-Man title will reach 7000s anytime soon. And what insights were found from this year's comic con on Slott's Superior run?

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

But you said that's the only solution to show discontent with the series.

#32 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise:

To be fair they exists.

I know I'm one of them. I make this point whenever a "petition" to cancel a well-selling series comes around.

#33 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

You may be surprised based on the average fall per issue it is very possible to see the sales hit those numbers we will see when the sales distribution numbers come out. I think we will see it on issue 13 or 14.

Granted this is based on Fuzzballs predictions, not mine. I will say he has been right so far.

As for the Con I heard that there were a very vocal crowd for Peter, I was not there so you may want to look into that to verify it for yourself.

#34 Edited by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: 13 is the start of a new arc which tends to bring a surge in sales. Not to mention that Miguel is coming in an upcoming storyline so Miguel fans and other interested in the story may check the series out.

#35 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Good point, we shall see if that gives it another temporary boost.

#36 Posted by angelalfonso (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m just going to come out and say it but first let me make it clear I HATE THE SUPERIOR SPIDER MAN.

Now that I say that, I can say that the stories on the book are not that bad, but they are not spiderman stories, if the book was about some other character (not related to spiderman in ANY WAY) i would like them but they are about spiderman there for I HATE them.

#37 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m just going to come out and say it but first let me make it clear I HATE THE SUPERIOR SPIDER MAN.

Now that I say that, I can say that the stories on the book are not that bad, but they are not spiderman stories, if the book was about some other character (not related to spiderman in ANY WAY) i would like them but they are about spiderman there for I HATE them.

Wow you used caps...you are making a strong statement:)

#38 Edited by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@spider11211: That's the case with a lot of books though. Sometimes drops are large but in Superior's case, they're small and fluctuate. I doubt a Spider-Man title will reach 7000s anytime soon. And what insights were found from this year's comic con on Slott's Superior run?

@punyparker said:

@lvenger said:

@punyparker said:

But you said that's the only solution to show discontent with the series.

No,i am seriously asking how this thing works?...with a simple e-mail with people saying they(we) want Peter back?.....

I presented as the only solution sot buying the book....the fact they're saying "dont lose this issue" or "that issue" is suspicious.....they want readers.

#39 Edited by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@spider11211: 13 is the start of a new arc which tends to bring a surge in sales. Not to mention that Miguel is coming in an upcoming storyline so Miguel fans and other interested in the story may check the series out.

They use huge guest-stars to attract people...i remember Peter never encountered Flash or Miguel....maybe Kaine a little....but this will end someday,they will run out of "surprise stories" and you'll see......in ASM we remember "a day in the life" issues and we liked em!.... i dont think this will be the case with a dislike-able character like Ock.

#40 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

They keep using shock marketing and telling readers that something big will happen to generate sales. This is pretty common marketing tactics.

#41 Edited by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: ....if the sales doesnt help.....a product needs commercial when it doesnt sell....

#42 Posted by Lvenger (20677 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

They use huge guest-stars to attract people...i remember Peter never encountered Flash or Miguel....maybe Kaine a little....but this will end someday,they will run out of "surprise stories" and you'll see......in ASM we remember "a day in the life" issues and we liked em!.... i dont think this will be the case with a dislike-able character like Ock.

Exactly, Slott's use of guest stars in his title doesn't say much about his own writing ability to be honest.

#43 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Online petitions

A: Do not work.

B: Are hilarious acts of desperation.

#44 Posted by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I checked those petitions and they have a very very small amount of signatures, might as well just wait u til they switch it back to Peter Parker.

#45 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker will always be Spider-man it's not like this is the Ultimate universe. SpOck is just a gimmick and actually a really good one. I always like to see something new in comics.

#46 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

These threads are ridiculous. These are fictional characters made to create interesting stories. Not real human beings. Peter parker is still spider-man to the masses and he always will be. He's been replaced in the comics before and he'll be replaced once again in the future but he'll always come back. You guys need to come down and realize if you don't want Spock don't buy the book. If everyone who complained about him truly didn't buy any issues Peter would already be back.

#47 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

These threads are ridiculous. These are fictional characters made to create interesting stories. Not real human beings. Peter parker is still spider-man to the masses and he always will be. He's been replaced in the comics before and he'll be replaced once again in the future but he'll always come back. You guys need to come down and realize if you don't want Spock don't buy the book. If everyone who complained about him truly didn't buy any issues Peter would already be back.

Exacly.

#48 Edited by frogdog (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read the leaked copies on the internet, so I'm already doing my part.

#49 Posted by PunyParker (11966 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: I think we all are....just we need to wait.

#50 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

If people to create petitions and/or sign them to make their voices heard, so be it. Cynicism aside, Slott is aware of what readers are saying -- good and bad --- he's a writer, he can't help himself. So are other people up in Marvel. To say it works, not works -- who knows, if everyone were to base everything on past efforts nothing would happen. In this instance (my opinion), Superior Spiderman is pretty successful and whether it's because of character loyalty (meaning Peter) or a genuine enjoyment of the series -- it's having its run and it's unabated.

There is nothing wrong with voicing opinions and petitions are one way to do it. People criticize others for complaining and doing nothing about it -- or criticize complaining itself but this is a product with a loyal consumer base and they are well within their rights to complain.criticize.enjoy.love whatever is being pumped out.