• 70 results
Posted by PunyParker (9822 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Peter Parker OR Otto Octavious as Spider-Man (112 votes)

Peter 79%
Otto 21%

Let's see how many fans of Superior and how many of ,"my mom's and dad's", Amazing are out there.....on CV at least.

#51 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: Haha! Best comparison, even if I don't agree with it. You guys do realize that the "superior" is just how Otto sees it, right? One of my favorite parts of the story is Otto teetering on the brink of utter megalomania and if his ego or his sense of duty as Spider-man wins out. Anyway, love Dr. Spiderpus, but can't wait for Parker to return at the same time.

#52 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

this poll is retarded to try and justify hating superior. If you don't love peter you don't love spider-man. I like to think that peter is dead. his book is over. he isn't coming back soon. this is just another new spider book like scarlet spider or venom. where's the kaine vs parker poll? or the flash vs peter? don't get me wrong I really miss peter but superior is a good book and otto isn't going anywhere

#53 Posted by CyberWarrior (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefool said:

@frogdog: Haha! Best comparison, even if I don't agree with it. You guys do realize that the "superior" is just how Otto sees it, right? One of my favorite parts of the story is Otto teetering on the brink of utter megalomania and if his ego or his sense of duty as Spider-man wins out. Anyway, love Dr. Spiderpus, but can't wait for Parker to return at the same time.

Yeah... This is starting to look like senile maracmus.

#54 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Otto...............Ya I'm the Ultimate Troll

#55 Edited by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

If there's one thing Superior has taught me, it's that fans are ludicrously easy to troll.

If it took you up until Superior to realize that then i'd like to know what your thought process was for OMD.

#56 Posted by kcjr (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter. I've enjoyed ock as SM, but only as a character piece for doc ock. I have always loved SM because he is a SUPERHERO! His heart and unbreakable nobility are his best traits. It is interesting to watch what he could accomplish if he didn't value every single life, but if I wanted that kind of character I'd read Punisher. I love Spidey because he is the purest type of hero, one that sacrifices his own happiness for the good of others.

#57 Posted by slade_wilson (448 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of question is this?

#58 Posted by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Otto goes hard

#59 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123 said:

If there's one thing Superior has taught me, it's that fans are ludicrously easy to troll.

If it took you up until Superior to realize that then i'd like to know what your thought process was for OMD.

I tend to forget OMD even happened most of the time.

#60 Posted by BigTimeSpider (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that Peter Parker has personal problems while he is Spider-Man. Slott has just turned Otto into the biggest Mary Sue.

#61 Posted by Spideysense44 (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker is iconic Otto is nothing compared to the original Peter parker was a part of just abot everyones life at one point dc fan or marvel

#62 Posted by CyberWarrior (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

@kriminal said:

this poll is retarded to try and justify hating superior. If you don't love peter you don't love spider-man. I like to think that peter is dead. his book is over. he isn't coming back soon. this is just another new spider book like scarlet spider or venom. where's the kaine vs parker poll? or the flash vs peter? don't get me wrong I really miss peter but superior is a good book and otto isn't going anywhere

Well... They didn't kill him...

However from the other hand, I do understand what you mean. "Superior" SM actualy is sort of another spider book, but the thing is, it replaced the Amazing SM...

#63 Posted by ComicStooge (12564 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Otto really entertaining, from what I've read of him.

#64 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

If he's a permanent replacement then...Oh dear God no! Peter will always be THE Spider-man. I understand it keeps the characters fresh and adds for more original, interesting stories, but Peter will return, and will have to face the consequences of whatever happened in his leave. Reminds me of when Nightwing took up the Bat-mantle after Bruce Wayne's "death".

#65 Posted by Waveslasher (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Im starting to miss spider mans jokes

#66 Posted by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

Parker but can we Have Superior be His nemesis.

-m3th.O.D.-

#67 Posted by dbatdog (539 posts) - - Show Bio

bring back parker :(

#68 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@dbatdog said:

bring back parker :(

Superior Spider-Man is just a long story arc. No reason to be upset about it really imo.

This thread was basically made to become a bash SSM/Dan Slott party btw

#69 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th: I thought of that, but don't you think we have too many spider-related enemies? I can't say I dislike the idea. Just being sceptic.

#70 Edited by M3th (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: Just for a year though, then Otto will revert back to his Doc Ock persona. You know like how Gargan was Venom for a year or two.

-m3th.O.D.-