Marvel: Peter isn't Peter??

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you think the rest of the Marvel superheroes have been dumbed down to not find out that Peter Parker is basically possessed? I know the Marvel heroes lack a detective like Batman or even a telepath like Martian Manhunter. I find it a guilty pleasure to see Doc Oct succeed in his ruse as Spider-Man. But how long will it go on? And yes I know it has been addressed that the Avengers suspected for a while, but they quickly (and conveniently) gave up on it? So pretty much this makes all the Marvel heroes kind of inept. SHIELD, The Avengers, the FF, the Punisher, Daredevil, the XMen, Wolverine and even many of the villains. Your thoughts?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@blackdog2009: Real Nick Fury would've figured this s**t out in an hour.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: True. Also Mr. Fantastic ... I'm not sure if he's even come across doc oct Spidey.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: True. Also Mr. Fantastic ... I'm not sure if he's even come across doc oct Spidey.

he has not he is off traveling other universes. And by the time they get back in age of ultron it seems there were more important things to worry about.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Yes they have been dumbed down.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah. Completly dumbed down. I can't even read a comic that he's guest starring in because I can't get past the fact that nobodies pointing at Spidy & shouting, "Why does he have claws, a different costume, no sense of humour, a disregard of everyhing we ever knew about him & a complete loss of wit?".

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's messed up... Marvel heroes so easily fooled with a super villain as a member basically

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By frozenedge2

They probably just think he's trying to reinvent himself. Hell, Carol did it by becoming Captain Marvel and a few other heroes have done it. And other heroes usually have more things to worry about than Peter's personality change that seems to have made him a better hero than he was before

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Reed,Tony,Fury,Cap,Widow,.......Aunt May,Mary Jane,Carlie,Horizon stuff............

ALL of them have the minimun intelligence to figure this out in a 15 min. meeting with SpOck.It's not happening to help the story progress.

It's Peter we're talking about....if MJ or his practically "mother" cant figure this out,when something so obvious has changed with her ex-husband&loveofherlife/nephew....then what to discuss about?....

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What ...Peter is not Spider-man!

photo original-2.gif

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

This is definitely the reason why Marvel has been eliminating Nick Fury over the past few years and replacing him with his "son/counter part." Nick would have figured this out within the hour just like @joshmightbe said!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@arturocalakayvee: Don't even get me started on Fury Jr. I have no problem with him being black its the fact that we're just supposed to accept that he's awesome based on who his dad is. At least the Ultimate and animated versions of Samuel L. Fury give you the impression that they earned their places but not Jr.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

There's been like 50 different Spider-mans and everyone else is busy with the world ending all the time in Hickman's Avengers or being lost in space like the FF.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They must be crappy friends and family to not figure this out yet.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

Doc Oct made sure to have all of Peter’s memories for any predicaments. Spiderman is known to be chaotic so it is difficult to figure him out. Peter known to be avoiding people a lot which makes have difficult to know him. His identity has been erased due to magic from One More Day and One Moment in Time. Peter has been out of character before a few times. Spiderman kind of made it easy for identity theft other then the super powers which Spidey-Oct has.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Doc Oct made sure to have all of Peter’s memories for any predicaments. Spiderman is known to be chaotic so it is difficult to figure him out. Peter known to be avoiding people a lot which makes have difficult to know him. His identity has been erased due to magic from One More Day and One Moment in Time. Peter has been out of character before a few times. Spiderman kind of made it easy for identity theft other then the super powers which Spidey-Oct has.

Let me make some counter arguments. 1. Otto has essentially erased those memories and this was said by the writer himself so that's out. 2. Kaine is a Clone so he has Peter's memories and should know what the guy is like.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I guess dumbed down is the right term. Fury, Widow, Cap, MJ, Aunt May all should have figured that something is at least clearly very, very wrong. At least. I'd say its just short of insulting their characters really. Even his recent run in with Kaine. Kaine has never "idolized" Peter, but he has always (since making his turn around at least) respected Peter's morality and righteousness. He noticed something was wrong, but why would Peter who suggested his new lease on life start calling him a "disgusting, failed clone"?

I just accept all of it as PiS for Superior to work, otherwise it would have been handled in 5 or 6 issues.

I wonder how dumbed down Flash Thompson will be when they collide.