Is superior spider-man, the best marvel series?

• 71 results
Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No.

That is my opinion, sorry if you do not agree.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Absolutely not. The characters act like morons. Otto's an unlikable unsympathetic hypocrite. The Story moves at a snail's place and there's obvious character assassination moments.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spider11211

@master_of_suprise said:

Absolutely not. The characters act like morons. Otto's an unlikable unsympathetic hypocrite. The Story moves at a snail's place and there's obvious character assassination moments.

Should we be surprised by your response?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You forgot this part (the minions)

No Caption Provided

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Scarlet Spider is the best series and they've cancelled it.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good but it's not the best that title belongs to Thor God of Thunder

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spider11211

@z3ro180: Why Thor...?

What am I missing?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet is the best spider book and its shame they are cancelling it, “all new x-men” is pretty good, not as good as scarlet but is my second favorite marvel book right now.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spider11211
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

Should be be surprised by your response?

No you should not.

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kostisfire

It's up there. I really enjoy hickman's new avengers though the story moves, much, much slower than Superior. Is Ock a douche? Yeah. Do i like his supporting cast (anna maria, lamaze, etc)? Hell no. These new characters are boring. Is he doing some awesome stuff as Spider-Man (meaning his gadgets and stuff)? Sure. Do i want to see Peter get back and kick his ass? Abso-fucking-lutely. So i come back every other week to see what happens even though whith each issue, Ock becomes more of a douche and less of a hero with each issue.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: the new thor series doesnt disappoint in any way. its art is fantastic and the story is amazing. gorr is one of the best villains ever (id love to see him in a movie). its action packed funny and emotional. my only complaint is im not a fan of year long arcs but its paced well. also the new arc looks great and its a great way to introduce new thor readers to maleketh the thor 2 movie villain. issue 13 was a great single issue which really made u care for thor. i was never a big thor fan fan but this series has really made me give thor another look

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: the new thor series doesnt disappoint in any way. its art is fantastic and the story is amazing. gorr is one of the best villains ever (id love to see him in a movie). its action packed funny and emotional. my only complaint is im not a fan of year long arcs but its paced well. also the new arc looks great and its a great way to introduce new thor readers to maleketh the thor 2 movie villain. issue 13 was a great single issue which really made u care for thor. i was never a big thor fan fan but this series has really made me give thor another look

Thank you, I appreciate the update. I will have to flip through them.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I hear Thor and Hawkeye are masterpieces......unfortunatelly i dont read any of em,so i dont know how to answer this one.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do yourself a favour and buy every Scarlet Spider (Kaine) comic book. You'll probably love it. Give it a try.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthfury78

Well, Superior Spider-Man is the brain child of Dan Slott as these are the type of stories that he's wanted to write about. With the success of the series, it might go up to issue #100 with Superior Spider-Man team-up going to issue # 50+. The reason why Scarlet Spider and Agent Venom were cancelled was because the books didn't produce the numbers of issues sold in comparison to Superior Spider-Man. Therefore, success or failure of a comic book series rests on the writer's ability to engage the readers to his stories in ways that will hold their interest.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I do not think the book will go that long, I think it will change at least by the next movie. If you notice Marvel likes to line these things up. The movie may attract new readers and they will be lost if it is the way it is now.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By impossibilly

Superior Spider-Man is towards the top, but I would say Hawkguy is Marvel's best book right now.

Speaking of which, I am going through serious Hawkguy withdrawal right now.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Spider-Man is towards the top, but I would say Hawkguy is Marvel's best book right now.

Speaking of which, I am going through serious Hawkguy withdrawal right now.

I am curious since you think Superior is towards the top what are your top books?

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spider11211: My favorite Marvel titles being published right now are Hawkeye, Uncanny Avengers, Daredevil, Avengers Arena, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Men and Young Avengers.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spider11211

@impossibilly:

I love the Uncanny Avengers book, I do not understand why so many people cannot see how that book relates to the classic original team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man >>> Superior Spider-Man. It's sad that UCSM only comes out once a month and SSM comes out twice a month, although I guess the anticipation for the next issue adds to the excitement.

Avatar image for captain_oblivious
captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which story moves at a snail's pace? The return of Parker or Ock realizing he won't be "superior"? SpOck feels rushed in some areas like amassing his henchmen and creating a viable headquarters on the Raft. It's slow in Carlie gathering evidence without SpOck knowing someone is investigating him. There's only 2 "character assassinations" which bother me. MJ for not realizing Parker is different. She could have been sent to model in Paris while this story is going on. And Jameson's 180 turnaround in becoming a Spidey fan. I'm chalking Jameson's turn as part of the rush to get SpOck involved in blackmail and his own headquarters.

The gripe about the stupid-heroes I agree in part but what are they going to do? Let's go to the show "Breaking Bad". In the first season Walt got a second phone and lied about where he went for a weekend. Skylar didn't time him up and force him to confess that he was creating a meth empire. If she did we wouldn't have 5 seasons of awesome television. The super-heroes can see there's something different but nothing criminal has been done (remember, they are all essentially vigilantes, answerable only to themselves). Massacre being killed is a consequence of a crime in progress and SpOck acting to protect innocents. Jester and Screwball have harassed and assaulted others. What SpOck did wasn't nice but wasn't enough for super-heroes to arrest him. SpOck having henchmen? A lot of heroes have henchmen, no reason for that to be suspicious. They have methods for checking for impersonations or external influence and SpOck passed. When Parker comes back, I'm sure they'll look into how to improve it.

I'm guessing a lot of the complaints about how SpOck was able to get past everyone will be part of the storyline when Parker comes back.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jasonhawke

AHAHHAHHAHAA!!!

The BEST??? I dont think so.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_oblivious: "What SpOck did wasn't nice but wasn't enough for super-heroes to arrest "

Yes it was. The supporting characters have all been reduced to idiots, and that was a mistake.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

Which story moves at a snail's pace? The return of Parker or Ock realizing he won't be "superior"? SpOck feels rushed in some areas like amassing his henchmen and creating a viable headquarters on the Raft. It's slow in Carlie gathering evidence without SpOck knowing someone is investigating him. There's only 2 "character assassinations" which bother me. MJ for not realizing Parker is different. She could have been sent to model in Paris while this story is going on. And Jameson's 180 turnaround in becoming a Spidey fan. I'm chalking Jameson's turn as part of the rush to get SpOck involved in blackmail and his own headquarters.

The gripe about the stupid-heroes I agree in part but what are they going to do? Let's go to the show "Breaking Bad". In the first season Walt got a second phone and lied about where he went for a weekend. Skylar didn't time him up and force him to confess that he was creating a meth empire. If she did we wouldn't have 5 seasons of awesome television. The super-heroes can see there's something different but nothing criminal has been done (remember, they are all essentially vigilantes, answerable only to themselves). Massacre being killed is a consequence of a crime in progress and SpOck acting to protect innocents. Jester and Screwball have harassed and assaulted others. What SpOck did wasn't nice but wasn't enough for super-heroes to arrest him. SpOck having henchmen? A lot of heroes have henchmen, no reason for that to be suspicious. They have methods for checking for impersonations or external influence and SpOck passed. When Parker comes back, I'm sure they'll look into how to improve it.

I'm guessing a lot of the complaints about how SpOck was able to get past everyone will be part of the storyline when Parker comes back.

Okay first of all I've never seen breaking bad. Secondly I don't recall any Superheroes having Henchman. The MJ thing bother's me to no end as does Issue 9. I don't put much stock in the other heroes realizing what's happened. More likely they'll all think it was him. So they can reset him back to being an outcast again. They're stretching the no one noticing thing with Daredevil and Wolverine who have been shown to know when people are lying to them. Then there's Kaine. He's a clone with Peter's memories up to the point he was created. But he can't tell the difference?

captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay first of all I've never seen breaking bad. Secondly I don't recall any Superheroes having Henchman. The MJ thing bother's me to no end as does Issue 9. I don't put much stock in the other heroes realizing what's happened. More likely they'll all think it was him. So they can reset him back to being an outcast again. They're stretching the no one noticing thing with Daredevil and Wolverine who have been shown to know when people are lying to them. Then there's Kaine. He's a clone with Peter's memories up to the point he was created. But he can't tell the difference?

My bad. I was mixing up henchmen with sidekicks. Daredevil and Wolverine won't know there's a lie because what has SpOck lied about? He is Parker, has the same heartbeat, scent, brain, memories (at the time they met). Rachel Summers would have noticed if she didn't come down with her rare case of ethics when Wolverine told her to read SpOck's mind. Have Kaine and Parker been on the best of terms? They worked together in Grim Hunt and briefly in Spider-Island. When all's said and done, they prefer to keep their distance it seems. SpOck is still a hero and is fighting crime. It's obvious it's not the Chameleon impersonating him and off hand can't think of other villains of Spidey with mind swap/impersonation abilities.

If you want to talk about Spidey behaving out of sorts, what about him being a team player? In our time, for over 40 years he's been on his own. Now he's not just on the Avengers, he's on multiple Avengers teams. And the FF. He's giving his civilian ID to just about every super-hero. For the longest time only Daredevil, Wolverine and Green Goblin knew Spidey was Parker and it's because they found out, not because he revealed himself to them. Human Torch is his best friend but even he didn't know who Spidey was (when Torch and Mr Fantastic helped remove the symbiote, Spidey hid his face). If they (Slott or whichever writer is on board when Parker comes back) resets Parker to being an outcast, that will be Parker/Spidey being normal again.

(And watch Breaking Bad, it's awesome. Yes, I'm one of those fanboys of the show)

captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_oblivious: "What SpOck did wasn't nice but wasn't enough for super-heroes to arrest "

Yes it was. The supporting characters have all been reduced to idiots, and that was a mistake.

He went after Screwball and Jester to arrest them and they fought back. I agree it was excessive but when has a super-hero been put on trial and given jail time when apprehending someone? When have the Avengers turned over a hero to the raft for assault? Was that enough to get him kicked off the team? Unlikely with teammates such as Wolverine who does far worse. A temporary suspension? I could buy that. Probation? That's what he was given.

During the Civil War, some of the underground Avengers actually brought in the Punisher to help them out. What does he do? Kill a couple of villains. The response? Essentially "we're kicking you out of our club" "that was a naughty thing you did". When the Civil War was over, did any Avengers engage in any mission to capture the Punisher after witnessing him kill a couple of people in front of them? Not to my recollection. The Avengers being reduced to idiots is nothing new. The characters reduced to idiots for the sake of the storyline are MJ and Jameson. And even if MJ was suspicious, what could she do without making her a target? There is no evidence of a mind swap and the Avengers do have a system (though needs improving) of detecting impersonations. And Jameson seems to have been modified to expedite the storyline for SpOck to get the Raft as headquarters.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Nah, it's not the best Marvel series nor is the best Spider-Man series either, both Ultimate Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider take that cake. But Superior isn't bad, it has its moments and personally, I think there's just a tad bit too much overreaction going on.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

I think it's alright Otto is really unlikable, but the story with Hobgoblin I enjoyed a lot and at the minute I'm enjoying it, but I wouldn't say it's the best, most controversial would be more accurate.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

My bad. I was mixing up henchmen with sidekicks. Daredevil and Wolverine won't know there's a lie because what has SpOck lied about? He is Parker, has the same heartbeat, scent, brain, memories (at the time they met). Rachel Summers would have noticed if she didn't come down with her rare case of ethics when Wolverine told her to read SpOck's mind. Have Kaine and Parker been on the best of terms? They worked together in Grim Hunt and briefly in Spider-Island. When all's said and done, they prefer to keep their distance it seems. SpOck is still a hero and is fighting crime. It's obvious it's not the Chameleon impersonating him and off hand can't think of other villains of Spidey with mind swap/impersonation abilities.

If you want to talk about Spidey behaving out of sorts, what about him being a team player? In our time, for over 40 years he's been on his own. Now he's not just on the Avengers, he's on multiple Avengers teams. And the FF. He's giving his civilian ID to just about every super-hero. For the longest time only Daredevil, Wolverine and Green Goblin knew Spidey was Parker and it's because they found out, not because he revealed himself to them. Human Torch is his best friend but even he didn't know who Spidey was (when Torch and Mr Fantastic helped remove the symbiote, Spidey hid his face). If they (Slott or whichever writer is on board when Parker comes back) resets Parker to being an outcast, that will be Parker/Spidey being normal again.

(And watch Breaking Bad, it's awesome. Yes, I'm one of those fanboys of the show)

1. He is not Parker so unless Otto is under some delusion that he actually is Parker or if it's Peter thinking it's Otto though I seriously doubt that he is lying. 2.Kaine has his memories up to the time he was cloned. So from my understanding he knows how Peter is. 3.He tried to attack a Gwen Stacy Clone. Something that should've made it obvious since Peter freaked out over the death of one of the Gwen Stacy clones before. 4.The whole spidey becoming an outcast again bugs me because it isn't a progression it's a regression. 5. I'll see if I can find it on Hulu.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: it is just awsome, i picked up one issue last week and im hooked, i dont even like Thor that much.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior hate behind, it's probably the worst Spidey book going, in my opinion. I enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man, Scarlett Spider, and Superior Team-Up more than the main book.

captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise:

1. He is Parker. It's Parker's heartbeat and scent Wolverine and Daredevil will pick up. The Avengers' machine picked up Parker's brain waves. If anything forcing Ock to live Parker's memories in ASM 700 helps SpOck pass as Parker. If Parker didn't do that, Ock probably would have been discovered sooner.

2. The memory thing is troublesome. Some things SpOck could remember and some he'll not know because of the memory wipe and we, the reader, won't know unless it's stated to us. And part of it I'll blame on the writing (more in 3)

3. SpOck in Superior Team-Up and Scarlett Spider doesn't behave like in SSM and I'll put that on Yost's shoulders. The first Superior Team Up has SpOck saying he'll sacrifice an innocent to get Carrion. SpOck is aware Gwen is under control of the Jackal so there may not be a person capable of independent thought so attacking her would be no different than disabling a robot. Also, I don't see any reason why SpOck would look down clones. Yes, that should be a big reason for Kaine to suspect something off but that's Yost writing not Slott.

4. The Parker luck. Parker won't ever succeed, at least permanently. Something will always go wrong. He'll always be short of money. He'll always have problems meeting Aunt May, MJ, or other friends for get togethers. He'll always have a problem maintaining a job. Parker is always self-sacrificing and why he is always in the tops for favorite hero. Even if Ock didn't "kill" him, something would have happened where Parker would have lost the Horizons job. It'll be a regression in terms of being an outcast but why will be different (I think). I'm in the camp where Parker didn't die and Ock just imprinted his brain waves on to Parker. Spidey will have to deal with whether he killed Massacre, Ock controlling him, his subconscious. He'll have to deal with his friends and fellow heroes accepting his actions as somewhat tolerable. Spidey isn't Wolverine so while Wolverine smacking smart aleck kids wouldn't be a shocker, Spidey doing it should set off red flags Parker would think (this is my guess which would lead to more of the angst Parker is known for). I think punyparker or someone posted a comment from Slott that part of the hero's journey is rising up again after insurmountable odds (something like that). That's what this story arc reads to me. Knock the hero down, have him/her rise up wash rinse repeat. How much gets knocked down and how much the hero rises varies on the author.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you kidding me??

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close

Avatar image for miley_cyrus_is_the_best_singer
Miley_Cyrus_is_the_best_singer_EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one of my top favorites

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By spider11211

@angelalfonso: My goal was not to be mean, it was a simple little joke...but it does make one wonder.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise:

1. He is Parker. It's Parker's heartbeat and scent Wolverine and Daredevil will pick up. The Avengers' machine picked up Parker's brain waves. If anything forcing Ock to live Parker's memories in ASM 700 helps SpOck pass as Parker. If Parker didn't do that, Ock probably would have been discovered sooner.

2. The memory thing is troublesome. Some things SpOck could remember and some he'll not know because of the memory wipe and we, the reader, won't know unless it's stated to us. And part of it I'll blame on the writing (more in 3)

3. SpOck in Superior Team-Up and Scarlett Spider doesn't behave like in SSM and I'll put that on Yost's shoulders. The first Superior Team Up has SpOck saying he'll sacrifice an innocent to get Carrion. SpOck is aware Gwen is under control of the Jackal so there may not be a person capable of independent thought so attacking her would be no different than disabling a robot. Also, I don't see any reason why SpOck would look down clones. Yes, that should be a big reason for Kaine to suspect something off but that's Yost writing not Slott.

4. The Parker luck. Parker won't ever succeed, at least permanently. Something will always go wrong. He'll always be short of money. He'll always have problems meeting Aunt May, MJ, or other friends for get togethers. He'll always have a problem maintaining a job. Parker is always self-sacrificing and why he is always in the tops for favorite hero. Even if Ock didn't "kill" him, something would have happened where Parker would have lost the Horizons job. It'll be a regression in terms of being an outcast but why will be different (I think). I'm in the camp where Parker didn't die and Ock just imprinted his brain waves on to Parker. Spidey will have to deal with whether he killed Massacre, Ock controlling him, his subconscious. He'll have to deal with his friends and fellow heroes accepting his actions as somewhat tolerable. Spidey isn't Wolverine so while Wolverine smacking smart aleck kids wouldn't be a shocker, Spidey doing it should set off red flags Parker would think (this is my guess which would lead to more of the angst Parker is known for). I think punyparker or someone posted a comment from Slott that part of the hero's journey is rising up again after insurmountable odds (something like that). That's what this story arc reads to me. Knock the hero down, have him/her rise up wash rinse repeat. How much gets knocked down and how much the hero rises varies on the author.

1. The scent thing I can buy but the way he acts is a dead give away that it's not the same besides which Wolverine has dealt with clones before. 2. I guess I have to grant you this as it doesn't tell us which memories he accessed. 3. I'll grant you this one too may simply be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. 4. See the last time they did this we got OMD and I can go into a list of reasons why I hate that story. 5. I propose this question to your theory. If this is in fact Peter thinking he's Otto then what was up with the soul scene?

Avatar image for miley_cyrus_is_the_best_singer
Miley_Cyrus_is_the_best_singer_EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The scent thing I can buy but the way he acts is a dead give away that it's not the same besides which Wolverine has dealt with clones before. 2. I guess I have to grant you this as it doesn't tell us which memories he accessed. 3. I'll grant you this one too may simply be a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. 4. See the last time they did this we got OMD and I can go into a list of reasons why I hate that story. 5. I propose this question to your theory. If this is in fact Peter thinking he's Otto then what was up with the soul scene?

I think it's some sort subconscious/jimminy cricket type thing. Parker believes he is now Doc Ock and this is his way of "removing" the Parker essence. This would allow for Doc Ock to "defeat" him in SSM 9 as there is really no way for Doc Ock to win. There was no anomaly in the Avengers' scan. It was just something SpOck created or imagined in order reinforce he is Ock with nothing left of Parker.

And you reminded me of the X-Men/Spider-man miniseries. In one issue it's Parker, the next issue it's Reilly, the next issue it's Parker explaining how the previous Spider-Man was someone else and they never really met before. Wolverine met Scarlett Spider and knows he's a clone. Mr Fantastic met Kaine and knows Parker has a clone. What if SpOck comes right out and admits he is not the same Spider-Man but is a clone. The original Spider-Man decided to go on walk the earth (like Caine in Kung-Fu) and meditate because the death of Doc Ock really got to him. It's not like Parker has given up being Spider-Man for a while. I didn't follow the Reilly period too closely so I don't remember how the other heroes behaved to this other Spider-Man. I'm sure people won't like it but what could other super-heroes do? Every test shows it's the same person, the "clone" explains why there's a change in behavior, the "clone" is still a super-hero doing good. If Parker wishes privacy, should the Avengers waste manpower looking for him?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By HumanRocket

No. All New X-Men and Scarlet Spiderman are better. I also have heard great reviews from Thor God of Thunder so I'm thinking of starting on that series since the last arc just ended I believe.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers