Is Silk better than Spider-Man?

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

can she beat him? ik she is faster but i want to hear people opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is clearly stated she is faster and has a better spider sense, and she can do more stuff with her webs, like an organic, precise control of them. Peter said he's a little stronger than her but yeah I'd say she beats him.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too early to say yet. His experience dwarfs her and his intelligence when the writers bother to use those facts into the plot. Sadly he is writing like an idiot for the time being.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kramotz

Nope. Pete wins due to this superior intellect and strength.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slott is setting her up to be better than spider-man. Superior abilities, but not as strong or smart. I've loved all of Slott's stories but this tie-in is annoying me. Ever since JMS left, Pete hasn't been as strong. He was developing into a top tier hero, which I would love to see again. Creating Silk, a superior spider hero, is like knocking peter down again. However, Slott has done a great job of showing off Pete's intellect.

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devinwifi:

I think she could. She's faster, heightened spider-sense..Peter might be a little more stronger than her but I say she could beat him.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog: Slott has really been focusing on Pete's intelligence as of late. I wouldn't be surprised if Silk simply becomes a tool for Slott so that he can show that Peter's 'true' power is his intellect and that he doesn't need monstrous strength or agility to beat his enemies if his superior intellect is intact and functional.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

, she does appear to be the "Superior Spider"...if you excuse the pun.

I agree that Pete appears to have been nerfed. I like the Slott comics, but there is next to nothing in terms of "feats". No wonder people think Batman could beat Spiderman in the various reader polls that take place...

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't Peter know Martial Arts, I say that makes up for silks advantages in speed and agility in comparison to Peter's. Plus Spidey is more unpredictable in battle, he can just use his cunning and savvy tatics with his head plus the jokes.

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silk is new. And like most new characters writers must boast them up to make them look bad @$$. So that means experience and establish heroes (like Peter) must job...kinda like when Red Hulk stepped on the scene. Give it some time and Silk will be established as a 2nd tier character

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't buy that at all. Silk hasn't done a single thing to impress me. So she's "a little" faster then Spidey. Big deal. But just how does she have a better spider-sense? Peter's average spider-sense is complicated as it is. I don't see how she can have a noticeably better one unless she can see directly into the future.

Spider-man's spider-sense is far more complex than just a danger warning sense and its full potential is often overlooked or largely unknown in battle thread in particular. His Spider-sense does not just warn him about the impending danger but actually forces him to avoid it. If it was a simple warning of danger it would not differ from DareDevil's radar sense but it does work differently.

I'll use DD's radar sense as the example to illustrate the difference as the two have been compared quite a bit. If someone points a gun at DareDevil he can tell via his radar sense when the man is going to fire and when to avoid the danger. So in a sequence it would go something like this:

Trigger is about to be pulled> DD senses it> thinks about moving to avoid> his body responds to the information collected by his brain and moves

Or more simplified:

Danger> Danger warning> Think about moving> Move

Now Spider-sense works differently in 1 respect and that difference makes it phenomenally different. That difference is that Spider-man does not need to think about moving. When his danger sense goes off it forces him to move automatically and without need for conscious thought or decision to do so. So in Spider-man's case:

Trigger is about to be pulled> Spider-man senses it> His body reflexively responds

Or:

Danger> Danger warning> Move

Now this may seem only a small difference but the effect is very very big. Whereas most people have to make a conscious decision to react Spider-man does not his body automatically chooses the optimum way to avoid getting hurt without having to think. So to put it simply his spider-sense can and does react faster than his enemies or even himself can think. Now you can really see how fast his reactions are when using his Spider-sense and that it is not a simple warning of danger.

Like I said this Spider-sense is the ultimate advantage in a fight. If only he didn't ignore it as much even if it did keep him from hurting his enemies to much.

If He is constantly fighting his instincts because being aware of everything and acting on autopilot could hurt someone. Whenever he listens to his spider-sense fully, he's untouchable.

If he keeps it on he would end up hurting people on instinct just for coming near him.

static.comicvine.com/uploads/o…

dcomixologyssl.sslcs.cdngc.net…

www.hypergeeky.com/wp-content/…

lounge.moviecodec.com/images/a…

Spider-sense is also capable of predicting your every move and acting like a radar just like Daredevil.

Spider-sense pretty much gives the same feeling of showing the world with a colored aura. And it allows Spider-man to avoid bad scenarios in a fight. He thinks of Ideas and it tells him what's a bad strategy and a good one.

Spider-sense also tells him if he's being bluffed in poker. In other words, He's a lie detector.

arousinggrammardotcom.files.wo…

his spider-sense tells him how many fingers your holding up.

There I think I covered most of that. His spider-sense is undoubtably one of the most useful and versatile superpower. That one power alone takes a lot of time to explain (precognition is complicated after all). Unless Silk can see into the future I don't believe her senses can just be better than spidey's in a specific way.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Strider1992

No. Currently Silk would't beat Pete. She could potentially do it in the future though.

@bezza said:

, she does appear to be the "Superior Spider"...if you excuse the pun.

I agree that Pete appears to have been nerfed. I like the Slott comics, but there is next to nothing in terms of "feats". No wonder people think Batman could beat Spiderman in the various reader polls that take place...

Actually Slott's Spider-man has two of the strongest feats Parker has ever performed. Holding up a plane and ripping through six, 1 metre thick carbonadium tentacles at the same time. Heck during the Superior run he decked (an arguably weakened) Namor and managed to get both Thor and Hulk to notice his strength when they restrained him.

So actually Slott's Spider-man in terms of feats is the strongest. Especially if you throw in his martial arts training.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: he has had some great feats, but i am of the mindset that pre OMD spidey would beat current spidey with ease. JMS had added the organic webbing, the stingers in his arms, he was stronger, faster, and more powerful all around. he was also developing on the mystical side of his abilities. its not that he isnt powerful right now, but with jms he was quickly developing into one of the most powerful heroes. i know some are glad those powers are gone, but i loved it. hopefully if and when mephisto's illusion is broken he will get these powers back

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Silk's only fully appeared in like 2 issues and some cameos. It's too early to say

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Bezza

@strider92:

Cool! I just haven't collected those Slott issues yet I guess. I am gradually buying them up but the ones I have bought so far haven't really had any feats to speak of.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

character wise: No

Experience: No

Powers: Yes

Spider-man - 2

Silk - 1

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Oh God, I hate that character. She's clearly written as a replacement for Black Cat, and a PISS poor one at that. Please reboot Spidey, it's the only way to save the character at this point.

Enrique90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Enrique90

@segamarvel: lol great explanation of the spider sense but I would say its more like

danger warning > move > danger

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darthfury78

Oh God, I hate that character. She's clearly written as a replacement for Black Cat, and a PISS poor one at that. Please reboot Spidey, it's the only way to save the character at this point.

Silk is the repackaged version of Ultimate Universe Jessica Drew; meaning that Peter is making love to himself.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By donmeca2020

Silk is just another Spider-woman.... i like the fact we have a new character in the spider world, but how can someone who's been stuck in a sealed up building for however many years top peter???

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mightus

I don't see how she is another Jessica Drew when her personality and power differ greatly from Jessica..

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

According to the current book,yeah.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is a Poochie so yes

Thanks to the power of poor writing.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Slott's Spider-man has two of the strongest feats Parker has ever performed. Holding up a plane and ripping through six, 1 metre thick carbonadium tentacles at the same time. Heck during the Superior run he decked (an arguably weakened) Namor and managed to get both Thor and Hulk to notice his strength when they restrained him.

So actually Slott's Spider-man in terms of feats is the strongest. Especially if you throw in his martial arts training.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Well, in comics she is saving Spider-man, winning fights Spider-man is losing. Maybe in the future the opposite will happen. Until then, it's pretty clear the writer is trying to make her look more powerful here.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

As of now maybe.

Black Cat is still hotter by far!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, in comics she is saving Spider-man, winning fights Spider-man is losing. Maybe in the future the opposite will happen. Until then, it's pretty clear the writer is trying to make her look more powerful here.

Slott's been promoting Silk since her first appearance. The first six issues was to showcase Silk rather than Spider-Man or the Black Cat.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LastOblivion

In a fight? On pure abilities, not counting experience and stuff, I think so.

I'd say Spider-man speed and spider-sense are more important (not sure that's the right word) than his strength, and since Silk's are superior, so...

Then again Spidey has waaaaaaay more experience, way of the spider (this can balance silk's advantage), and he's also stronger. Oh, and smarter, too.

Who knows, but it would be a good fight.

As a hero? HELL NO!

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes......TO THE EXTREME! And don't forget how much better Carlie Cooper is than Mary Jane! She's one outrageous chick
!