#1 Edited by Acro808 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading through the Amazing Spider-Man and got to the Clone Saga. Ben is saying that he is actually the real Peter Parker and the one married to Mary Jane is the clone. Getting confused as to who is the real Peter Parker.

#2 Edited by HumanRocket (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is not a clone hes the real Peter. Both Kaine and Ben are the clones. Norman Osborn set up the to where Peter would question if it he was real or a clone.

#3 Posted by angelalfonso (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@acro808:

WTF, No offence but how old are you?

#4 Posted by SonOfHellstorm (230 posts) - - Show Bio

@acro808

Keep reading, it gets resolved.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people ask questions about something before they finish it? It's so dumb

#6 Edited by PunyParker (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

I HAD THE SAME F*CKING QUESTION?!!!

And the fun part is that you get the answer,if you ask!!!....why read the book then?!

#7 Edited by Jimmie_Hudson_ (295 posts) - - Show Bio

i think they made it very clear that ben reilly is the clone

#8 Posted by JasonHawke (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda like how people keep asking about Peter Parker coming back or not before they finish SSM.

On Topic: Ben Reily is more real than Peter Parker right now. ;P

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben is the real one.

#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by angelalfonso (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be cool after all the crap Otto said about clones:

If the real Ben was kidnap and put in to stasis by Norman and the one that died was yet another clone a fresh one (explaining why he turned into a big pile goo)

And somehow wakes up finding out he is the real Peter after all, discover Inferior spider man “secret” beats the crap out of him, the tells him he failed that the Peter he “killed” was a clone.

#12 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

God the spider-man comics suck now. Iron Fist is my favorite character and I am sad that he is not around but then I see this and I think to myself: "it can always get worse".

#13 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be cool after all the crap Otto said about clones:

If the real Ben was kidnap and put in to stasis by Norman and the one that died was yet another clone a fresh one (explaining why he turned into a big pile goo)

And somehow wakes up finding out he is the real Peter after all, discover Inferior spider man “secret” beats the crap out of him, the tells him he failed that the Peter he “killed” was a clone.

All I can say is that would be confusing as hell.

#14 Edited by w0nd (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

Kinda like how people keep asking about Peter Parker coming back or not before they finish SSM.

On Topic: Ben Reily is more real than Peter Parker right now. ;P

huge difference. One is over and done with and has been for years now so you coudl very well just read it or google it, the other isn't done and theres no idea when it will be done

#15 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35015 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben was meant to be the real one but fans moaned and Marvel sh!t a brick so had to reverse the decision which in turn lead to One More Day which in turn led to Superior Spider-Man so really, it's all your own damn fault.

#16 Posted by frogdog (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben was meant to be the real one

LOL there are people still defending this crap?

#17 Edited by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Ben was meant to be the real one

LOL there are people still defending this crap?

Remember you can't fix stupid.(the idea of the story not the poster)

#18 Posted by frogdog (3537 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog: LOL, I almost spit out my beverage.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35015 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

It was more of a joke, no harm was intended. I am sorry if I came off rude. (I meant the idea was stupid not the poster)

#22 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben was meant to be the real one but fans moaned and Marvel sh!t a brick so had to reverse the decision which in turn lead to One More Day which in turn led to Superior Spider-Man so really, it's all your own damn fault.

I don't get how those things are connected. Like, at all.

#23 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: I do not see the connection either.

#24 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: Maybe it's because I'm still waking up, but if that was a joke it completely flew over my head.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35015 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: @mitran: The whole "Ben is the real Peter Parker" came about when Marvel decided that Peter wasn't relatable any more since he was getting married and MJ was going to be having a baby, so instead they tried to reset the status quo by replacing Pete with Ben and say he was the real Spider-Man the whole time, this didn't sit well with fans so Marvel had to scrap the idea, later Marvel tried to do it again and so came up with OMD, scrap Spider-Man's relationship with MJ and show him as once again a single more relatable character. Now With SSM Marvel isdoing the whole hog, not just have they dissolved all of Petes relationships but they are also destroying his reputation so when Peter finally does come back he'll be a young single guy that the police hate and the public distrusts, just like Spider-Man orginally was.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@spider11211: @mitran: The whole "Ben is the real Peter Parker" came about when Marvel decided that Peter wasn't relatable any more since he was getting married and MJ was going to be having a baby, so instead they tried to reset the status quo by replacing Pete with Ben and say he was the real Spider-Man the whole time, this didn't sit well with fans so Marvel had to scrap the idea, later Marvel tried to do it again and so came up with OMD, scrap Spider-Man's relationship with MJ and show him as once again a single more relatable character. Now With SSM Marvel isdoing the whole hog, not just have they dissolved all of Petes relationships but they are also destroying his reputation so when Peter finally does come back he'll be a young single guy that the police hate and the public distrusts, just like Spider-Man orginally was.

Oh, okay. I didn't know Ben was supposed to make Spider-man more relatable, I thought he was just supposed to spark more interest by being new. I don't think that's a direct cause of OMD and SSM, but I see where you're coming from. If anyone's to blame, it's Marvel.

#28 Edited by frogdog (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

This is problem isn't Peter Parker being relatable, it's that Marvel themselves have no clue what to with Spider-man since the 90's. Ask yourself, has any of these changes you listed that Marvel has to done Peter, made him more relatable? Hell no, it peter put in the worst case of status quo for any mainstream.

Any comic book company in the world would have just let peter and mary jane carry on with their lives, because people getting married happens in real life, than body swaping, marriage steal devils, or whatever bull**** story arc that comes from modern spider-man.

#29 Posted by spider11211 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

Good point, but it clearly did not work. Once again my comment was a joke and I did not mean any ill will.