If Peter Parker applied himself

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Where do you guys think Peter would be if he had applied himself at an early age?

And not in the way Slott wrote it, having SpOck manage to start his own company and then have Peter have no clue what to do with it.

If Peter had applied himself in the field of science, came up with a much more efficient way to do the whole 'Spider-Man' thing, do you think he'd be at Stark, Richards or Pym level intelligence? Do you think he'd be a much more effective superhero?

And while we're at it, what if Peter had decided to get serious with his powers, much in the same way of Assassin Spider-Man from What If? Spider-Man Vs Wolverine. Do you think he'd be one of the most formidable fighters in the MU?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So, right now he is ahead of Stark and other single-field (or few field) geniuses, but the least smart of all the polymaths such as Banner, Reed, Pym and Doom. If he applied himself, I'd say he could surely go above Banner, and maybe Pym.

If he decided to get serious with his powers, he would be a powerhouse - able to face people like Captain Marvel, etc.

If both were combined, I can see him being more powerful than Thor or Hulk.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking, much in the same way Batman is able to go toe-to-toe with modern day Gods.

Peter's already somewhat proficient in preparation, the suits he builds and sparse gadgets he prepares for the Sinister Six. And now he's trying to develop ways of dealing with superhuman threats in recent issues of ASM, so clearly there's potential there. It's fun when he kind of deals with things on the fly, but every now and then it'd be awesome to see him with a game plan.

He should have the kind of reputation Batman has, maybe not to such a degree but he shouldn't be regarded as a joke by some of his peers and enemies.

@punyparker: How about in the physical combat department? He's already an extremely dangerous fighter when he gets serious, with the right amount of focus and discipline, he could theoretically be almost untouchable in most confrontations.

Avatar image for sensationalspiderman
SensationalSpiderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's an amazing fighter due to his WOTS training. The only thing he does is that he holds back a lot. If he uses his WOTS in full effect with his powers without holding back, that'd be real scary. Something I'd love to see.

And about him being successful as Stark and the rest. Yes, he has the potential to be much more. But I'd want him to be written well first. Slott is sloppy at writing him. I did like the recent thing he was doing with his company, etc. curing Electro.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would be one of the greats. Even Reed gave him credit back in the day. I am getting tired of his 1 step forward 2 steps back self loathing

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sensationalspiderman: You're one hundred percent right, but I haven't seen him use Way of the Spider in forever. It's like, now that Superior has come and gone, he's just forgot about it.

I agree that Slott writes a sloppy Spider-Man, it's part of the reason I'm excited for the upcoming 16.1 etc issues with Gerry Conway. Dude can write Spidey like it's nobody's business :P

And Spidey should be a major game changer when it comes to street-level organized crime, stories with Punisher and Daredevil and stuff. Fighting Kingpin is one thing but if they face a threat way too big to handle, Spidey should be their secret weapon. It's one of the great things about Peter, he's not strictly street-level, his power-set is diverse and broad enough that he can take on anything from purse snatchers to the freaking Hulk.

@w0nd: I'm with you there, man. I get that Spidey's supposed to have the odds stacked against him and be in a difficult position most of the time, but for once, for freaking once, I'd love Spidey to be the one in control. Parts of Superior were extremely satisfying because Otto did not mess around, he was aware of what a joke people thought Peter was and upped the anti. Like with Blackout, he messed that demon up and terrified the crap out of him, very reminiscent of something Batman could do. When the Carrion virus had been infecting superheroes, Spider-Man was the first to detect it and deal with the threat. The Avengers were all 'oh, Spider-Man, you're just being a jerk and stuff'.

With all the stuff he's done, Peter should be one of the most well-respected heroes in the Marvel Universe, period. Teenagers should look up to him like he's their Cap, but even they find him creepy and just a complete joke. Just gets on my nerves :/