How would you handle the Spider-Man franchise after TASM2?

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Valkeerie

Give creative direction to Marvel and allow Sony to handle production and distribution. Sony already has the know-how to Spider-Man and his rogue gallery in terms of models and effects, so all that's in need is good writing.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Hand it to Marvel.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Reboot that sh!t franchise.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erase the last 2 and make #4

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't handle it to Marvel. They make bland and sh*tty movies with a mass-produced feel.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the main thing they need to do is make the movie focused on the main plot like spiderman 1 and 2 and also ASM1. what was ASM2 even about? Were they going for the Spiderman 3 direction of many subplots with no main plot? it was a pathetic movie clearly destroyed by so many business men putting their two cents in where its not needed.

I would love to see Marvel's version of a spidey movie, but i still have faith in sony. im sure they are ashamed of ASM2 and want to get things back on track.

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valkeerie

I forgot to add that I'd prefer Mysterio and Kraven to be handled next.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Put Spider-Man in college.

2) Kraven's Last Hunt 'trilogy', with 'Defenders' Netflix tie in for the middle part while Spider-Man is 'dead' and Kraven is pretending to be him.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Forget about Spiderman being popular.

2. Stop Spiderman being good looking.

3. Forget Raimi trilogy ever happened.

4. Get a good writer, if it made Tranformers it means i made a bad job.

5. Dont cast flavour of the month people.

6. Make the movies about Spiderman growing up.

7. Cut the romantic subplot.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Sell it to Marvel and call it a day. Oh and I'd also bring in Mysterio at some point.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hand it over to Marvel.

Stop portraying teenage Parker - switch to adult Peter, and actually take some inspiration from storylines like Kraven's Last Hunt, No One Dies, Spider-Island, Grim Hunt, Big Time, The Other (basically JMS' run), etc.

I would also portray Peter as he currently is in the comics - the supergenius who heads Parker Industries.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hand it over to Marvel.

Stop portraying teenage Parker - switch to adult Peter, and actually take some inspiration from storylines like Kraven's Last Hunt, No One Dies, Spider-Island, Grim Hunt, Big Time, The Other (basically JMS' run), etc.

I would also portray Peter as he currently is in the comics - the supergenius who heads Parker Industries.

Tony Stark Wannabe should never be in the movies, heck he should had never be a thing in the comics.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Make him grow up (at least in college)

2) Have a decent Green Goblin

3) Keep the romance to a minimum

4) If MJ is being used, can we show her badass side, please???

5) Spend 2 minutes on the origin... everyone knows it...

6) Don't focus too much on his past and his beginnings... Show them in flashbacks or 5 minutes cut footage or something...

7) Don't pick a model to act him...

and finally, Hand it over to Marvel... Sony you have had two attempts at it... Maybe it is someone else's turn...

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackspidey2099

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@blackspidey2099 said:

Hand it over to Marvel.

Tony Stark Wannabe should never be in the movies, heck he should had never be a thing in the comics.

Well, I know that Tony Stark is totally a wannabe, and it makes complete sense for Peter to start a scientific business of some sort, as he is one of the smartest characters in the Marvel Universe - totally smarter than the aforementioned wannabe. I think it couldn't have come later - I mean, how long could Marvel keep trying to convince that a supergenius like Parker can't get past a newspaper job? His web fluid and spider-tracers were made as a young teen - he could easily build much more complex inventions when he is in his mid-twenties and an adult.

Or are you one of those Ultimate Spider-Man TV Show (or movie-only) type fans who is attached to the notion that Parker should be a perennial teenager?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure, I really liked the original trilogy and was kind of disappointed to find out they were rebooting it and I haven't like the new ones as much as the old ones. I would say reboot again and see what happens, but people are probably getting tired of that by now.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Taking that Wannabe Tony Stark Peter, its a teen fantasy, i want his life go where it was going before he take all his character development to the trash.

Growing Up, actually growing up, isnt the direction they are going, they are going into the illusion of change.

Its a gimmick.

Mary Jane didn’t ruin Spider-Man; too many writers or editors who refused to grow up did. Rather than find difficult solutions to long term problems, too many in the business act like passive observers of a cycle which they help perpetuate, which cannot endure as it is forever.

That isnt going to change, until they get Peter back at the point where he had any development.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Taking that Wannabe Tony Stark Peter, its a teen fantasy, i want his life go where it was going before he take all his character delvelopment to the trash.

Growing Up, actually growing up, isnt the direction they are going, they are going into the illusion of change.

Ok, you sound like one of those fans who still is butthurt over OMD.

Grow up please. It happened, and Marvel won't change. Yes, that event was complete crap - one of the worst things Marvel has ever done, but now that it's done, leave it be. In the new continuity, I think it is great that Peter has a chance to finally show off his full potential, rather than always being the dude who always fails to get his due out of life.

In fact, if you just read the first 50-ish issues or so of Spider-Man, one would certainly think that Peter would go on to become a leading scientist in the world as he ages - it is in the middle that his character is pulled down a bad path and gets stuck in the limbo of being a poor photographer/teacher who compulsively fails to achieve his potential.

I like Spider-Man after Big Time more than the 'also ran' Parker of earlier stories.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@blackspidey2099: Taking that Wannabe Tony Stark Peter, its a teen fantasy, i want his life go where it was going before he take all his character delvelopment to the trash.

Grow up please. It happened, and Marvel won't change. Yes, that event was complete crap - one of the worst things Marvel has ever done, but now that it's done, leave it be. In the new continuity, I think it is great that Peter has a chance to finally show off his full potential, rather than always being the dude who always fails to get his due out of life.

In fact, if you just read the first 50-ish issues or so of Spider-Man, one would certainly think that Peter would go on to become a leading scientist in the world as he ages - it is in the middle that his character is pulled down a bad path and gets stuck in the limbo of being a poor photographer/teacher who compulsively fails to achieve his potential.

I like Spider-Man after Big Time more than the 'also ran' Parker of earlier stories.

See you in a year, when they take out all of this, make Peter poor again and be living in a worst place he was before being Tony Stark 2.0.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackspidey2099

@blackspidey2099 said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

See you in a year, when they take out all of this, make Peter poor again and be living in a worst place he was before being Tony Stark 2.0.

Considering this has been on for almost 5 years, I'd hope Marvel isn't dumb enough to undo this.