How would you fix Spider-Mans whole history?

Avatar image for thegenericmister
thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this is probably a widely over beaten dead horse on this forum.

But if you had the ability to change and retcon certain parts of spider-mans history what would you change/explain/retcon?

I find that everything in Spider-mans history and mythos is too hard to follow I'd make changes. A hell of a lot of changes.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Gwen's affair with Norman Osborne needs to go. 2. Everything OMD needs to go. 3. Everything Superior Spider man needs to stop. Those are a few that come to mind.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Ninjablade09

Honestly I would retcon having Spidey unmask during the Civil War. That solves all the problems of OMD. I would keep Horizon Labs though. And the Gwen Norman thing would have to go as well. Oh screw just changing those I would change Joe Quasada and Dan Slott ever getting hired by Marvel.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By PunyParker

Oh,i dont know....probably,OCK NOT BECOMING SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!

But no,i cant deside.....there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Only things I would change would be whipping the whole Osborn and Stacy relationship out of existences, and of course undoing everything that happened past Amazing Spider-Man 697.

How would I fix it. Doc Ock and Mary Jane get together and Mephisto is like nope we had a deal and changes the past a bit so that Gwen never did stuff with Osborn and that causes Peter to have a harder time moving on after her death so that MJ and Peter got divorced but the marriage still happened, and after the divorced Spidey was a little more hard core and just killed Ock in end of the earth. Honestly though I don't care about the how.

thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'm being serious here I think us duders on the forum should make a list

1.Sins Past

2.Most of One More Days deal with Mephisto

3.The Civil War Unmasking

4.Superior.....if he can't be undone with another brain wave swap at least make him likable

5 Condensing The Clone Saga. The amount of time that event took over the books is too long it needs to shortened

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Only things I would change would be whipping the whole Osborn and Stacy relationship out of existences, and of course undoing everything that happened past Amazing Spider-Man 697.

How would I fix it. Doc Ock and Mary Jane get together and Mephisto is like nope we had a deal and changes the past a bit so that Gwen never did stuff with Osborn and that causes Peter to have a harder time moving on after her death so that MJ and Peter got divorced but the marriage still happened, and after the divorced Spidey was a little more hard core and just killed Ock in end of the earth. Honestly though I don't care about the how.

Damn, man. You seriously need to take over for Slott on Spider-man. I mean that would be a great story line. I think a lot of fans would be pleased too.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PunyParker

@thegenericmister: I dont have problems with Sins Past.....(i'm gonna die for that...)

I like Clone Saga....cause i like Reilly and i thank God for what Kaine have become.

The Civil War Unmasking and OMD,yes....these are bad,yes.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

Damn, man. You seriously need to take over for Slott on Spider-man. I mean that would be a great story line. I think a lot of fans would be pleased too.

:) Thanks. Although I find my self at a lost for how exactly this would effect the civil war. :P I guess it could be easy to say Peter didn't reveal himself for the sake of his family. Which was honestly the smarter thing to do. Never mind I just remembered how one more day worked with the memory whipping. :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ninjablade09

@teerack said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

:) Thanks. Although I find my self at a lost for how exactly this would effect the civil war. :P I guess it could be easy to say Peter didn't reveal himself for the sake of his family. Which was honestly the smarter thing to do. Never mind I just remembered how one more day worked with the memory whipping. :P

No problem. :) Before you edited I was going to say that you can keep One Moment In Time where Doc Strange put the mental block thing on Peter so no one could figure out who he is.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd change Spider-Man's role in Civil War almost entirely, thus cancelling the whole OMD thing altogether. Regardless as to how great I think CW was, I found it unbelievable that Spider-Man would side with the SHRA.

thegenericmister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to make a video blog post about this soon

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Undo OMD, keep Civil War. Aunt May and Mary Jane can live safely in Avengers tower and live off of Peters nice big Avengers pay check.

I'm also okay with the Doc Ock body switch. ALTHOUGH... Jackal does have the tendency to make spidey clones. Perhaps Peter can get his brain into one of those.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JimTheSurfer

Honestly I would retcon having Spidey unmask during the Civil War. That solves all the problems of OMD. I would keep Horizon Labs though. And the Gwen Norman thing would have to go as well. Oh screw just changing those I would change Joe Quasada and Dan Slott ever getting hired by Marvel.

But then we wouldn't have Back in Black. There could be a better solution.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

1. Gwen's affair with Norman Osborne needs to go. 2. Everything OMD needs to go. 3. Everything Superior Spider man needs to stop. Those are a few that come to mind.

This.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

But then we wouldn't have Back in Black. There could be a better solution.

There is, this one,

@teerack said:

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teerack

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

No problem. :) Before you edited I was going to say that you can keep One Moment In Time where Doc Strange put the mental block thing on Peter so no one could figure out who he is.

And with this story Mephisto would get Doc Ock's soul, so he might call it even with Spider-man and leave them alone forever allowing MJ and Peter to still be a possibility.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@teerack said:

And with this story Mephisto would get Doc Ock's soul, so he might call it even with Spider-man and leave them alone forever allowing MJ and Peter to still be a possibility.

Dude, like someone at Marvel needs to see these posts and replace Slott with you. You would boost Spider-man sales higher than they have been in like 10 years. You could start up this storyline and then someone who wont kill Spidey, like Yost, to take over when your done.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By consolemaster001

I would erase carlie cooper, OMD and sins past from history

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Strider1992

Assassinate Quesada! Just like an evil curse breaking as soon as that was accomplished everything would go back to being fine!

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By muhabba

I mentioned in another thread that I took the Sins Past differently than most so I would have Gwen's one night with Norman be Norman taking advantage of Gwen's vulnerable emotional state just to mess with Peter. Spider-Man still unmasks for the Civil War cuz he's deep into the hero worship of Tony Stark but after the war Stark is feeling guilty so he gets Reed and Doc Strange to use the Sentry's mind wiping device to erase everybody's memory of the unmasking. And since Marvel (for some reason after twenty years of it working) hated Pete and MJ's marriage than how about they suddenly divorce and MJ and May move to Cali. but they don't tell anyone why because MJ is pregnant and neither one of them thought Spidy having a daughter would ever be safe enough. So no more OMD or continuity holes.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gwen and Norman, him being unmasked during civil war was okay with me, but they didn't need the Mephisto thing, they could have skipped that and found another solution, how about the reed dr strange stark technology magic memory erasing bubble. Mephisto was like the middle man, or come to think of it marvel realized the mephisto thing sucked, then came up with a better solution but by that time it was too late.