How the heck did he beat Firelord and Masterson Thor ?

• 53 results
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mv
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
He was trying to avoid Firelord's hits, and tire him for nearly two issues. In the meantime, Firelord sustained two different explosions, and came out unharmed by both. In the end, Spider-man just punched him to unconsciousness. PIS, bad writing, whatever you want to call it, but that is how it happened, despite not making sense.  There was no other way for Spider-man to win.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
BarryWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BarryWest

Marvel's posterboy. But, I cant say that wasnt fun to read haha, 

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wanonalake

@morpheus_: I think firelord was really surprized that spiderman started attacking him cinsidering he had been running away for 2 issues.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Webhead_99

He beat Thor?!

How much weaker was Masterson Thor compared to regular Thor anyway?

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is my favorite, I have over 1000 various SM comics in my collection. However him beating up Firelord was absolute PIS.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

PIS for Firelord and he never beat Masterson. He just speed blitzed him with his superior speed, agility and reactions. Which to be honest is in keeping with Thor's slow combat speed and sluggish reactions compared to most other powerhouses.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Oh, that makes sense I guess. I'd seen Masterson stunning Thanos before so Spidey defeating him sounded just wrong.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hehe, I remember reading this issue. I have to agree with everyone major PIS, but that was a smart way for Spidey to beat Firelord. Well Kind of.

hawkblade9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He won because he's Spiderman

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masterson was a rookie (he also had around 75% of the power of Thor).

...And Marvel loved Spider-man at that time:)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He beat them with the great help of PIS to the maximum.

Cam712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cam712

Well if I may....according to the wiki Firelord can lift around 50 tons, and I believe Spider-man's usual limit is 30 tons. When boosted by the symbiotic as I assume he is now I'm guessing that doubles or something. As for how he could have punched him out, Spiderman often holds back when fighting villains so as not to kill them, just knock them out or web them up. If he hit at full strength then it's plausible that even if Firelord is stronger than him that he's still vulnerable to blunt force trauma to the head or something.

I mean we've seen a version of the silver surfer get his head bitten off by the Hulk after not getting scratched by Wolverine's adamantium claws-and if you ask me THAT is bad writing right there. The heralds clearly aren't invincible and have their limits, but it's also possible that due to this comic being older Firelord was simply dumbed down compared to the bad ass he presently is. Simply made to be another villain for Spidey to clobber and move on.

As for Masterson...um...never read or heard of that one, so I'm afraid I can't comment.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morpheus summed it up perfectly. Firelord took two pretty epic explosions with seemingly no effect, and then Peter went nuts. When he loses it, he's basically unhittable and with his power and spider-sense.... well, you get this. An iconic moment for Marvel's top hero and a large piece of humble pie for the Jason Todd of Galactus heralds.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Because Spider-Man's invincible :P

TitoStarmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TitoStarmaster

Why are people so incredulous at this? According to the logic of the skeptical, I'm currently posting this from one of the 13 Colonies using an IBM mainframe.

Yeahright76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of my all time favorite Spiderman stories I grew up with. I, for one, do not believe this was PIS. Everyone knows that when even an average human being can become super strong with a good dose of adrenaline. We have heard the stories of mothers performing amazing feats of strength while saving their child. So adrenaline is a multiplier of strength turning the ordinary into the extraordinary. For those doubters, what do you think that a huge adrenaline rush would do to a Spider-man cutting loose? And we do not really know how many times he hit Firelord with that barrage? Even though he possesses a ton of internal energy Firelord, does not have Hulk like strength or even close to it. One punch from Hercules in the follow up Avengers issue floors Firelord and I would think Herc was holding back. Look at Dr. Strange, he is one of the most powerful Marvel Superheroes yet he lacks the physical strength and stamina to into physical combat with Spiderman. So raw power does not always equate to physical stamina or endurance.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PIS, PIS AND MOAR PIS!!!
PIS, PIS AND MOAR PIS!!!
This is what Spidey thinks

Ask Batman how he does what he does.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's Spiderman.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No shock you just had to obsessively bring up Batman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

No shock you just had to obsessively bring up Batman.

No shock you cant understand a joke.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's spiderman

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, there have been moments of extreme stress where Spidey's strength have jumped much higher than he usually can do.

He held up the daily bugle, did that thing while he was getting that isotope for aunt may, and many more. I'm not saying it's not PIS, but I am saying that it's been done.

x5emc5x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Gizmorino

He is the amazing web-ball of spectacular awesomeness

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

I think these battle forums and feat comparisons have tainted people's perceptions when it comes to fights in comics. Writers absolutely do not care about that stuff, all they care about is writing a compelling story, as they should. In the case of the "FireLord" story, they did just that. All this stuff of "waaa he shouldn't beat firelord, it's PIS" is pure childish nerd stuff, and it's because of stuff like this that I stopped frequenting the battle forum, because users there are like leeches, and they suck the fun out of any fight. The story being told in this fight is, even though Spidey is clearly outmatched by FL, he still stood up to him and through pure will power managed to come out on top and defeat the vastly superior foe, it's not "plot induced stupidity", it's an inspirational plot about standing up against insurmountable odds. That's the plot and it's not stupid.

FUKUTORA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FUKUTORA

I can agree to one thing here in Spiderman's favor, and that is that you actually spend much more energy firing with being-energy than you spend avoiding being-energy fired at you.

A boxing match: if the attacker tries to hit you and you dodge every attack the attacker is loosing physically and mentally (seeing that he is failing).

What's the point of having a nuclear weapon pointed at a F-32 airplane, you can have even 200 and won;t make a difference.

Avatar image for mitchellronald13
mitchellronald13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people don't realise who spiderman really is a mean ok fire lord is something but spiderman has so many fans and is also known to be the best marvel character there is he's the best known but that's not what it is all about he is known for his powers like his strength his spider sense which dodges bullets which is pretty amazing and in my opinion I think spiderman could possibly beat anyone in the marvel universe if he was always at his true ability and most likely is when he needs to be that's why he's the Amazing spiderman

Corduroyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fukutora: If you have 200 nuclear weapons fired at a jet, then that jet is completely gone. You cannot dodge nuclear weapons. Even if you could dodge 200 blasts somehow, the radiation is light, so you are turned into a ball of cancer. You also cannot dodge 200 nuclear explosions.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more like, how did firelord and masterson thor even last a second against spidey

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

more like, how did firelord and masterson thor even last a second against spidey

because he's not Batgod. :p

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Battle123axe

A lot of people don't realise who spiderman really is a mean ok fire lord is something but spiderman has so many fans and is also known to be the best marvel character there is he's the best known but that's not what it is all about he is known for his powers like his strength his spider sense which dodges bullets which is pretty amazing and in my opinion I think spiderman could possibly beat anyone in the marvel universe if he was always at his true ability and most likely is when he needs to be that's why he's the Amazing spiderman

yes. Surrrre buddy, let's go back home

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes even as one of the weaker heralds FireLord should be able to defeat nearly any hero not cosmic tier.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: good thing hes not bat"god"

if he were, hed have to become a loser without powers and be forced to train 8 year olds in booty shorts. and he doesnt train them to fight...

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because he's spiderman

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@anjales: I think these battle forums and feat comparisons have tainted people's perceptions when it comes to fights in comics. Writers absolutely do not care about that stuff, all they care about is writing a compelling story, as they should. In the case of the "FireLord" story, they did just that. All this stuff of "waaa he shouldn't beat firelord, it's PIS" is pure childish nerd stuff, and it's because of stuff like this that I stopped frequenting the battle forum, because users there are like leeches, and they suck the fun out of any fight. The story being told in this fight is, even though Spidey is clearly outmatched by FL, he still stood up to him and through pure will power managed to come out on top and defeat the vastly superior foe, it's not "plot induced stupidity", it's an inspirational plot about standing up against insurmountable odds. That's the plot and it's not stupid.

^^^^^ Basically This.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey does have the symbiote on as well which should give him a bit of an advantage too

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

PIS

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He beat them by doing whatever a spider can. He can spin a web that's any size and catch criminals (and posers) like they're flies so look out! Here comes spiderman.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He tapped into the Yat-Force

Avatar image for mitchellronald13
mitchellronald13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle123axe: you think am kidding get looking at some of his feats he even pretty much beat thor hulk and a lot others

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Battle123axe

His feats are good, but when you can provide a solid argument as to how he beats thor or hulk, or any other person that is a high tier, then we can talk.