#1 Edited by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just wondering because I rewatched Spider man 2 and he stops a train from going in the water.In another scene I believe he holds a building from falling over MJ or half a building.

I mean how strong is he exactly? If he just stopped holding back and had no morals?

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8807 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there's a difference between movie Spider-man and 616 comics version. For comics, he's 20-30 tons, and in the movies probably 10-15 (I don't remember much from the movies though).

#3 Posted by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

He can casually lift 10 tons in a completely calm and effortless state.

Gradually his strength grows depending on his emotional state, up to 20, 30, 40 and above.

He has feats that would require him to support over 100 tons.

#4 Edited by cameron83 (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

Gradually his strength grows depending on his emotional state, up to 20, 30, 40 and above.

He does?!

#5 Edited by Wolverine08 (45156 posts) - - Show Bio

25 tonner.

#6 Edited by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

He does?!

Yes, he replaced a support column on a skyscraper and landed a jet on his shoulders.

#7 Edited by cameron83 (7630 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@sheenlantern said:

He does?!

Yes, he replaced a support column on a skyscraper and landed a jet on his shoulders.

But I think that Jet feat was only 60 tons more or less,but with the Skycraper column feat,I may give you that...

#8 Edited by Monarch_Chronicle (910 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: @wolverine08: If we go by what marvel says about him he is in the 20-30 ton class.

Feats say very differently tho. Even outside of PIS. (fore the most part)

#9 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: So do you think if he wanted too he could take down Heavy Hitters like Captain America or The Thing possibly??I was reading Venom Vol. 1 and Spider-man through The Thing off F4 building

#10 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2413 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: He took down Firelord once, so I'm sure those two wouldn't be a problem.

#11 Edited by SheenLantern (6860 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: Spider-Man would crush Captain America if he wanted to. He could also beat the Thing but it wouldn't be easy.

#12 Edited by PunyParker (12256 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298 said:

Im just wondering because I rewatched Spider man 2 and he stops a train from going in the water.In another scene I believe he holds a building from falling over MJ or half a building.

I mean how strong is he exactly? If he just stopped holding back and had no morals?

Strength level

"With one arm, Peter can lift an automobile. With two arms, he can throw an automobile tens of feet, or lift a small bus. The pincers on his arms are capable of gripping with a force of 175 pounds per square inch, sufficient to deform any object made of a thin-walled substance less durable than steel. The pincers can, for instance, crush a handgun. By combining the intrinsic strength of both his tentacles and the pincers, Peter Parker can perform such feats as tearing steel doors off bank vaults."

(because of the Superior stuff happening they changed the names ,in some parts, from Peter to Otto....i concidered it tight to change it back to "Peter".....)

Marvel Wiki

#13 Edited by spiritbreaker3 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

well his spoozda have the proportionat strength of a spider wich i think is bout 10 tyms his weight bt marvel doesnt follow tht :/ ......hes strength is one of those......oh shit the wall is falliing......den suddenly hes strong enough to keep the wall frm falling.......so i donno hes true limits bt hes caught a helicopter b4 withought efort wich meens i think he has alot of potential

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18363 posts) - - Show Bio

25 tonner.

Anyone who says 100 should really get their facts straight. seriously.

#15 Posted by angelalfonso (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298: Peter is far far stronger than capitan america

#16 Edited by Dalwih (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Pete is stated to be a 10 tonner but... O: wasn't that when he was a teen?? Wouldn't it have grown?

#17 Edited by nickzambuto (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: So do you think if he wanted too he could take down Heavy Hitters like Captain America or The Thing possibly??I was reading Venom Vol. 1 and Spider-man through The Thing off F4 building

Captain America is a heavy hitter?

#18 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably about a 50-70tonner if he's under duress.

#19 Posted by NICK31898 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

He can lift about 10-15 tons.

Heavy hitters like captain america? Captain america is a weakling compared to Spidey.

And yes, he could beat the thing.

#20 Posted by NICK31898 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@flameboy298 said:

He can lift about 10-15 tons.

That is in a calm state. Like Sheen Lantern said, he can lift more in duress.

#21 Posted by angelalfonso (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Yes he is stronger (far stronger) than Cap, but no he can't beat Ben Grimm

#22 Posted by NICK31898 (2181 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick31898: Yes he is stronger (far stronger) than Cap, but no he can't beat Ben Grimm

Not if he tries to head to head in a strength battle. But, Grimm is no hulk. Spider-man has some BIG advantages over Ben.

1-Speed. Spider-man is much faster.

2-Agile & Flexibility- Spider-man is much more agile and flexible than Ben. This combined with his speed, Ben isn't laying a finger on spider-man.

3-Webs- Why try to take him on head to head, when you have a distance attack. Spider-man's web bullets may not hurt him, but they could distract him. He could even web the things face, blinding him for a few moments. Heck, he could even web the thing's body, to hold him for a few seconds.

4- Spidey sense- Along with his speed, flexibility, and agility, adding spidey sense, Grimm isn't landing a hit easily. Even if he does land a hit, it isn't going to be a strong hit.

Look I'm not saying spider-man wins 10/10 times, or even the majority of the time. The thing's endurance, and strength over power spider-man. BUT, I am saying that spider-man has a CHANCE to win maybe ONE or TWO battles. It is possible. Especially if thing did something to make him mad. REALLY mad.

#23 Posted by patrat18 (10702 posts) - - Show Bio

25 tonner sounds about right.