How strong is current Spiderman?

Darksideous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How strong is current Spiderman? (103 votes)

10 tons 11%
20 tons 17%
30 tons 15%
40 tons 18%
50-100 tons 39%

Making my first poll, really interested in what the community think.

• 
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

When he is just goofing off, about 30 tons. When he needs to get serious, at least 50 ish tons, maybe even up to 80 or 90 at max (about base Hulk strength at his absolute max).

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

40-50

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

When he is just goofing off, about 30 tons. When he needs to get serious, at least 50 ish tons, maybe even up to 80 or 90 at max (about base Hulk strength at his absolute max).

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His current "base" strength is 40 tons, though with adrenaline, anger, determination etc, he can easily top 70+ tons.

Darksideous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow 40 tons is his base?

Damn that's awesome.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His current "base" strength is 40 tons, though with adrenaline, anger, determination etc, he can easily top 70+ tons.

@rpgesus said:

40-50

Woah, when did this happen? I haven't read spiderman in a while, can you lot post scans showing his increased strength?

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chuckwolf

The Train car one is the one I use to establish current strength level, not only does he do it with relative ease (he's only mildly ticked off here) it's one of the things you can look up to find the actual weight of and a New York Subway car weighs 85,200 lbs empty or 42.6 tons.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: Yeah, also I like what he's saying, that he's sick of holding back and doesn't want to be seen as a loser

@rpgesus:Thanks

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is between 10 to 15 tons

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 40 Tons

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're talking the 616 version.. the ~28 year old peter parker who has gotten a lot stronger in the past 12+ years of marvel time (53 years real time), not the 15 year old ultimate version.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By angelalfonso

@chuckwolf:

Ultimate Peter (and 15 year old 616 Peter) were able to lift 5 to 6 tons, adult Peter is able to lift 15 tons max, maybe 20 in a adrenaline rush. when he had the other his maximum strength was 30 tons.

you can ask @punyparker if you don't believe me.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: did you not see the feats I posted showing him being way above thay

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso said:

We're talking the 616 version.. the ~28 year old peter parker who has gotten a lot stronger in the past 12+ years of marvel time (53 years real time), not the 15 year old ultimate version.

it's not his fault. Guides and bio's keep putting him at that strength level. but he keeps doing thing clearly WAYYYYYYYYYY above that, like supporting the weight of an airplane while it lands, or tanking an armored car being thrown at him and stopping it on impact

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: i have been reading spidey for over 24 years so i know what i'm talking about.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rpgesus
w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chuckwolf

Here are the actual images in question:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The train car feat alone is a 40+ ton feat from what I understand.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: obviously you don't. Spidey hasn't been so weak since the 60s or 70s. I think the Carbonadium feat is especially impressive as Carbonadium is often compared with adamantium in strength and is said to be almost as strong but more flexible. For Spidey to be able to break it means that his strength is FAR FAR beyond a mere 15 tons level. The other feats serve to reaffirm this fact.

It's annoying people like you who always keep Spidey down as a character and never let him improve. Thinking he's 15 tons when there were a wealth of pictures right above which show you otherwise. Pssht.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chuckwolf

@angelalfonso: obviously you don't. Spidey hasn't been so weak since the 60s or 70s. I think the Carbonadium feat is especially impressive as Carbonadium is often compared with adamantium in strength and is said to be almost as strong but more flexible. For Spidey to be able to break it means that his strength is FAR FAR beyond a mere 15 tons level. The other feats serve to reaffirm this fact.

It's annoying people like you who always keep Spidey down as a character and never let him improve. Thinking he's 15 tons when there were a wealth of pictures right above which show you otherwise. Pssht.

It's nothing new with comic characters. when the golden age superman first appeared his upper limit was maybe 10 tons,.. a few years later he could move and shatter planets.

Ben Grimm was a 15 tonner when he first became the Thing, that steadily increased to 85, and later 100+ tons, same with She-hulk and 50, 75, and 100+ tons respectively. so why not Spider-man.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skyleat

Then his enemies also grew stronger to keep up with him, hasn't they ?

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyleat said:

Then his enemies also grew stronger to keep up with him, hasn't they ?

Nope most of them remained at the same strength levels. Scorpion was always a 15 tonner, Rhino was an 80 tonner. Venom is an unusual exception, Contrary to popular belief the symbiote never enhanced Parker's strength level, It did however for some reason boost his confidence level so he used more of his own potential. What it did was copy his abilities and give any later host an equivalent strength level and agility reflexes in proportion to the maximum the hosts body could preform. This is why Eddie Brock was slightly stronger than Parker was at that time... Brock was a workout freak, able to lift 700 lbs overhead before he encountered the symbiote.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: So he can easily defeat the Green Goblin now ?

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyleat said:

@chuckwolf: So he can easily defeat the Green Goblin now ?

He always could... the only advantage Goblin had over Spider-man was a gas he used that could negate Spider-sense. Also Later versions of the goblin had superhuman strength on the 7~10 ton level himself depending on which version of the goblin formula Norman, or Harry took at that time

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skyleat
oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By oldwasher

I'd say his strength his 10-15 tons minimum, 20-25 tons on average, and about 40-50 tons maximum.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldwasher: I think this is very accurate. I will grant that in most of these scenarios that the higher level weights are mostly applied pressure rather than say a moving target and Peter did struggle it's still well beyond the description of what the Marvel Wikipedia says.

The fact is Peter is shown demonstrating his true strength in almost every Spider-Man media whether it's the movies, the cartoons or the comics. It just seems like it seems a little off.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuckwolf: To be fair it was shown that Peter was stronger than the Green Goblin when Peter attempted to beat him to death after killing Gwen Stacy. Osborn seemed surprised at how strong Peter's punches actually were and started laughing that he was going to die. It seems like Peter doesn't use his full strength even against super powered enemies unless they've greatly angered him.

Another good example was when he attempted to beat the hell out of the Hulk on nothing but adrenaline it would've been very familiar to the Fire Lord fight (Peter speed blitzing the hell out of Hulk) until he released his hands were bleeding and both decided to stop the fight. Angry Peter has also smashed one of Iron Man's suits to a pulp.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I think of the feats like the bugle lift or when he got himself off tons of debris, I see this strength through adrenaline or extreme willpower. So these feats proves the maximum he could lift, but not the average strength he has. Like someone who has normal strength but can lift an entire car in extreme necessity to protect his relatives.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Something between 10-30 ton at least and 100 ton at max.

chuckwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyleat said:

When I think of the feats like the bugle lift or when he got himself off tons of debris, I see this strength through adrenaline or extreme willpower. So these feats proves the maximum he could lift, but not the average strength he has. Like someone who has normal strength but can lift an entire car in extreme necessity to protect his relatives.

That's why I rate his current "Base" strength level at 40 tons, because of the Train car lifting feat, it's an established and proven weight and he lifts it with relative ease while fairly calm... OK he was miffed but he wasn't bloodlusted or in a state of duress IE Trying to save hundreds of people. So that's his "base" to me other greater strength feats such as the plane, holding up the Bugle, etc were adrenaline fueled.

Oh and I should note: I have a theory as to why Parker is able to call upon such strength reserves.

It was never mentioned what type of radiation the spider that bit Peter was exposed to... I think it was gamma radiation, but because the amount was so small and diluted by the spider, peter didn't become a gamma monster, but he has semi-dormant gamma-powered adrenal glands.

Skyleat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I should note: I have a theory as to why Parker is able to call upon such strength reserves.

It was never mentioned what type of radiation the spider that bit Peter was exposed to... I think it was gamma radiation, but because the amount was so small and diluted by the spider, peter didn't become a gamma monster, but he has semi-dormant gamma-powered adrenal glands.

Makes sense. I have read in the wiki of the Leader that gamma rays effects were influenced by someone's desires. It could be applied to Peter who was jealous of athletic characters like Flash. And it explains why Spidey grew 10 time strong in thirteen years without intensive training when normal humans struggle to be 5 time stronger.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..trouble is, when did he last have a lifting feat of note in a recent Spiderman comic?

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I'd say the last feat of strength Peter showed that I can remember was punching Mac Gargan's (The Scorpion) jaw clean off because Sp0ck used Super Punch on him. See when Peter fights he pulls his punches because they can kill a regular human (as it killed Charle Magne) and it's implied that he does this even against Super Powered foes as well as Norman Osborn didn't seem to realise the full extent of Peter's strength until he was beating the ever loving hell out of him when he killed Gwen Stacy.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

25-35 tons

When pushed he can do more, but not normally or consistently.

Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

616 has lifted up the DAILY BUGLE!!!!!!!, so that's saying something. (Sorry, can't find the pic.)

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@crazyspideyfan said:

616 has lifted up the DAILY BUGLE!!!!!!!, so that's saying something. (Sorry, can't find the pic.)

You mean this from Peter Parker: Spiderman 098?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He was in extreme fatigue after lifting it. It's not his base strength.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

right now he is listed as 20 tons on the wiki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a332d1e0e124
deactivated-5a332d1e0e124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: bruh, are you serious or trolling. 616 Spidey was never as low as 5 tons. He was always superior to his Ultimate counterpart in every way.

As for the thread, he started off at 10 tons, but by feats is now more 50-60 tons

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Alexander505

50 tonner