clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Seriously.

For me: My first exposure to the webhead was Spider-Man (2000) on the Playstation 1. Prior to that, I didn't know anything about Spider-Man or comics in general, but the game got me really interested. Spider-Man was cool and confident, and seemed like he was having fun while he saved the day. From then on, I wanted to learn more about Spidey and his life, so I jumped into the comics at the clone saga.

So how did you all get into Spider-Man comics, and what was your jumping on point?

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard by a friend of mine that Peter Parker had been replaced by dock ock and I had never read a comic, ever before, and I thought this is so stupid, but it sounds awesome, so I started reading older of Spidey's comics and I'm angry that Peter isn't back yet.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

When I was like 4 I found an old pin with Spider-man on it and asked my mom who it was and she said Spider-man, and then after that I started getting Spider-man toys and stuff but didn't really know too much about him until a few months later when Spider-Man (1994 TV series) came out.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nintendork666
mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The animated series from the 90's.

My gateway into characters like Batman, Superman, X-Men, and members of the Justice League as well. Damn cartoons were the best 90's.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I think it was the animated series in the 90's. I remember my grandmother also bought me Spider-man comics back in the 90's but I honestly can't remember whether it was the comics or the series I saw first.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Veshark

I feel like I've always known him since I was a kid - I can't really put a finger on when. As a kid, the three main superheroes to me were Superman, Batman, Spider-Man. They were just pop culture characters that everyone knew.

It could've been from merchandise that I had as a kid - shirts or toys, that sort of stuff. But other major influences include the 90s animated series, and the original PC game. But my full appreciation of Spider-Man didn't come around until I found the first five Essential volumes of the Lee-Ditko run in my school library.

I still have great memories of reading those thick black-and-white books, following Spidey as he jumped from one iconic adventure to the next. It thrilled me as a kid. His fight with Doc Ock, the death of Gwen Stacy, the Sinister Six. Twas a magical time.

XIIXIIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the old STAS show was i think the first time i saw spidey...ahh i love comics

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure exactly when I first heard of him, but I know it was the first film that sparked my interest in his comics, and later the rest of the Marvel universe.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonesaga2099 said:

For me: My first exposure to the webhead was Spider-Man (2000) on the Playstation 1.....I wanted to learn more about Spidey and his life, so I jumped into the comics at the clone saga.

Does not compute.

Fot me it was the 90's animated series. However I first started reading comics around early 00s.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was a child I use to watch Muppet babies, at the end of the ep there was a logo with a 3d render of the web head on it. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

I am actually surprised I found it considering this was in 1989 hah!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3874643117/in/faves-23617135@N08/

when the 90's animated version came out i watched that, but it wasn't until i took control of him in the marvel super heroes arcade game that he became my fave super hero.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For me I was 2 and I saw one of those "Spider-man Classics" by Toy-Biz on the shelf. Started watching the 90's show after that, and the Rami movies, and I was hooked. Started reading comics over the next few years and became very familiar with the character and most of his background.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 90s animated series

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read Adam Troy Castro's amazing book: Spider-man: Secret of The Sinister Six.

Anyone who hasn't read it should pick it up if they can. That series is in my top 5 favorite Spider-man stories of all time.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

1996 TV-series.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the 90s cartoon.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

2002 movie and the Ultimate comic series.

JimPicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JimPicken

When I was just a wee little lad I was taking a vacation to New York with my Dad, We were in the Hilton and Some dude left a suitcase in the lobby, I checked through it and found an Issue of The Amazing Spider-man. I became an Instant fan, I bought action figures, clothing, movies and more. It was an amazing relationship. I then started to read comic books in 2010 with Spider-man: Noir, really interested I started reading the amazing spider-man and I'm currently reading Superior/Avenging Spider-man, Venom, Scarlet Spider, Daredevil, Uncanny Avengers...but Mostly Superior Spider-man!

No Caption Provided

Plus my current pair of shoes are these!
<--------------

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember, I go way back with Spider-man. Like 3 years old I suppose. He used to be my favorite until I found being a nerdy guy less appealing and decied to follow the dark knight. Story of my life.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Well, I was first exposed to him by seeing an episode of the old 90's show, but I wouldn't fully get to know Spider-Man until I saw the first live action movie.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I've known spidey since birth....no joke, my cousins got me a spider-man plush toy on the day of my birth !

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really remember... I think first time I heard about him was, when kids were talking about him at kindergarten. First time I really saw him was the first Spider-man (2002) movie.

The first Spidey comic I read was Amazing Spider-man #639, I guess? But then I didn't liked it, lol.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First was a coloring book at the doctors office and then I got my first Spider-Man comic in Marvel Tales Feat. Spider-Man Jan 1987. From there I started collection Amazing Spider-Man and finding back issues of Marvel Tales.

WebHead32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first exposure was when my older brother had a weird spider-man on a motorcycle toy that he would constantly play with and refused to share with me. That, and the animated series in the 90's.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oof..let's see...like most people, I grew up watching the cartoons throughout the 90's. My parents also bought bought me toys for him as a child and I think a plush doll as a baby. I remember having a regular Spider-Man figure and the same version of the toy but instead of red on the suit, it was silver. So I used to pretend that was "Super Spider-Man." Always loved Spidey and Parker. Might be because we share the same first name. Only started reading his comics in early 2012 though, but have been reading old stories ever since as well so I can live through his history instead of just reading a synopsis of it.

This is the closest thing I could find to the Silver Spider-Man (it might even be it, it's been so long since I've seen it) http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/1/9/3/9/7/webimg/4617392.jpg

Was this ever a Spidey suit or was it just for toys?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Spiderman VHS from my pops

Spidermeat101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spidermeat101

When I was 3,I saw a Spiderman poster my dad brought.I asked my dad who he was.He said Spiderman.A few later by the time I was 6, I saw Spider Man comic he had.Since I was curious,I looked into it,I liked it.From then on,I asked for Spider-Man toys,blankets,and later on comics.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

It may actually have been the ps1 games for me too...I'd almost forgotten (despite how great they are). But I'm pretty sure I played those before I ever picked up a Spidey comic (when I did, it was Ultimate Spider-Man 1).

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: That was a real Spider-suit. It's called the Spider-Armor, which made him completely bullet proof. He only got to wear it once though, it got melted by acid if I remember correctly. It also appeared in the PS1 game as a power-up to give you more health. It was a cool suit, just a shame it didn't appear more.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ninjablade09
kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kidchipotle
SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really remember where I first met Spider-Man. I mean, the character's always been everywhere, so it's a little hard to tell where I first saw him. I do remember the 90's animated series, the PS1 games and other stuff, but I'm not sure if that's where I first met him. The first Spider-Man comic book I ever bought (and where I started to regularly read Spider-Man) was Amazing Spider-Man #28.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ninjablade09

@arturocalakayvee: Ya it is my 3nd favorite Spidey costume right after the red and blue, and the symbiote. Best thing about Shattered Dimensions you could use the it for Spidey 2099.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

The cartoon

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Saw the first movie in as a kid in the cinema (I still remember that day very clearly), after checking out the X-men films and really getting into Marvel movies my Dad bought me a copy of "Astonishing Spider-Man #140 (a UK reprint containing the first two parts of Mark Millar's Venomous). From there I was hooked.

Reaperzero420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was kid like about 4 n i watch on the tv about spiderman movie classic in 80's part1 n 2 smile i am glad watch it good show

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"He walked to me and siad,you're mah guy on the street,son.....now keep walking.."....

-Jamie Foxx!

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

The early 90's cartoon.

But the most impactful? Tobey Maguire in Spider-man. Still the best.

Impy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Impy

Not really sure when I first learned about Spider-Man, but I got into the comics with the very beginning!

Got into the more recent comics at - of all places - ASM 700. LOL. I have since read a lot of the preceeding issues...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impy: Ah....the year 2003....when accually Spider-Man comics were good....

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kostisfire

When i was younger Jetix or Fox kids or whatever it was called used to air the 90s Spidey series. A couple of year later i picked up Ultimate Spider man and then got into the comic book world in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

The 90s action figure line... I wasn't even aware of the cartoon until later.

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

The 90s cartoon series. That show, Batman TAS, and X-Men TAS are what got me interested in comics in the first place. Cartoons were awesome back then...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Well I saw the first movie in 2001 and I got interested.So I bought a book and then started watching the animated series from the 90's.

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90's show, Spider-Man 2000, Maximum Carnage for the SNES & Spider-Man: The Movie were my first encounters with Spidey. I believe that the first Spidey story I've read was Maximum Carnage.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90s cartoon series. After that I started getting my hands on any toy, backpack, etc that was Spidey related. Didn't actually read a comic from him until a few years ago though.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 90s cartoon. It has IMO the best intro of any cartoon.

Avatar image for austinmrkieross
austinmrkieross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the 90`s started my manly love for peter parker