How did this happen? (Spoilers for ASM 13)

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By darklordx123

How was it that Kaine was able to easily kill Solus, then die so easily by Morlun? I know he'll probably be revived or something, but I really just don't understand how this happened.

Morlun was so easily bested by The Other when Peter had it, so how did he beat Kaine's, when Kaine looked like he was on Steroids? If anyone understands how this happened, please explain to me.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The powers of the Inheritors have been incredibly vague and inconsistent since Morlun first even appeared, and often downright contradictory.

As such, they are as strong or as weak as they need to be for the story at the time. I don't think there's anything to be gained by trying to make sense of it.

Superior Spider-Man killed Daemos in a straight-up fight a few issues ago, and though he has no noticeable advantage over the other Spider-Men, none of the others (bar Kaine, obviously) have come even close to damaging an Inheritor since.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kaine_17

I can't believe Kaine died. Im bout to bust out in tears.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderfan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sensationalspiderman
SensationalSpiderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Kaine is dead. If Kaine is dead then Ben Reilly died for NOTHING! :'(

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

A few theories. If Someone said.

First and foremost, it has been stated many times that Kaine, The Other, is the only one truly capable of damaging the Inheritors. It's not about brute strength. It seems that the Inheritors are somehow vulnerable to the mystical nature of the Other. Superior Spider-Man did not defeat Daemos in a straight up fight, as Otto would later state, it was Kaine who caused most of the damage, weakening Daemos, and giving Superior the chance to finish him off. It was again shown during his encounter with Jennix. Jennix, who is significantly weaker than Daemos, shurgged off Ben Reilly and Black Widow's attacks yet Kaine managed have a back and forth fight with him, and while he did struggle, Kaine did manage to kill him at one point. All thisand Kaine still has not unleashed the full power of the Other.

Enter Lord Solus. While he was strong enough to consume Captain Universe's cosmic powers, he spent all that power on Leopadron and was presumably weakened. Though he stated otherwise, Solus did not seem capable of producing the same amount of cosmic powers later on. Also, the cosmic essence apparently is seen by the Inheritors as pure lifeforce, and doesn't seem to faze them too much. We also saw this with Morlun when he easily consumed Captain Mar-Vell. It seems only Jennix, who is the weakest, is not capable of handling cosmic powers as seen when he was killed by Cap Universe. The reason I state all is is because the reason Lord Solus defeated Cosmic Spider-Man wasn't because of brute force or because he was a cosmic level strength, it's simply because all the energy that Cosmic Spidey was exuding wasn't harmful to him, it was pure life force which Solus fed on, made him stronger and eventually he spent all that power.

Enter Kaine again where he fully transformed into the giant spider monster, where we can assume it at least tripled his strength, and with Solus possibly being weakened, Kaine with his new found power managed to kill him. As for how Morlun beat him, it seemed mostly because Morlun used his own arms against him while he was busy fending off Daemos. It should be noted that it's not confirmed whether or not Kaine is dead.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

How was it that Kaine was able to easily kill Solus, then die so easily by Morlun?

Slott.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklordx123 said:

How was it that Kaine was able to easily kill Solus, then die so easily by Morlun?

Slott.

Slott ruins all.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

@punyparker said:

@darklordx123 said:

Slott.

Slott ruins all.

He's a fun writer,but he run his course on the book.
Like,back in 2012.....Ok,Superior was fun.He shoulda left after SSM ended.

_Redacted_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole story is sloppy and forced at major points.

The worst moment was when I saw Karn, a character that has spent four hundred years killing about two spider totems a day, for FOUR HUNDRED YEARS, suddenly growing a conscience and turning on his family to help the spider totems within minutes. And the fact the spider's were also so willing to forgive him for it... I mean he murdered alternate versions of themselves in front of some of them. Think about it. He basically put a mirror in front of a electric chair and made them watch him flip the switch while they died.

And they not only ask for help from this guy, but even say they'll feed him...?

and trust him to take only a little...? Keeping in mind he was seconds from killing another totem (that was an old woman) when they arrived, and probably just got back from killing another.

The fck.

_Redacted_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

@punyparker said:

@darklordx123 said:

Slott.

Slott ruins all.

Cosigned. SSM got me back into reading SM books.

This was too big fr him though I think. Seems like he panicked in the last stretch.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@pizzaman said:

@punyparker said:

@darklordx123 said:

Slott.

Slott ruins all.

Cosigned. SSM got me back into reading SM books.

This was too big fr him though I think. Seems like he panicked in the last stretch.

Yep.Anti climactic ending,and ASM is boring.....

_Redacted_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: It is. You know a character is on his last two legs, when the only way to keep him relevant, is by taking away his personality altogether and putting in another :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: It is. You know a character is on his last two legs, when the only way to keep him relevant, is by taking away his personality altogether and putting in another :P

:P

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: actually there is an explanation, while Solus was very powerful he was weakened by cosmic spider man, after he left that world the cosmic power left him as well (cosmic Peter said that that power was bounded to his world). Also it was stated that the other powers were harmful for Morlum family.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: actually there is an explanation, while Solus was very powerful he was weakened by cosmic spider man, after he left that world the cosmic power left him as well (cosmic Peter said that that power was bounded to his world). Also it was stated that the other powers were harmful for Morlum family.

What are you talking about?.......

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By angelalfonso

@punyparker:

from the beginning it was shown that the other could kill Morlum and his kind.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

from the beginning it was shown that the other could kill Morlum and his kind.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Yeah,ok, i never posted anything about it,here, and you randomly replied to me!
That's why i'm confused.

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LastOblivion

Yeah, kinda got lost too.

Killing Solus is ok, because The Other is a multiversal entity, so I suppose it's a very powerful one. Specially since now it's in it full form, I guess. And then Morlun, who Solus implied that could not beat Captain Universe while he shitstomped him, manages to easily beat him? Wat.

It's strange, it has so much attack force but it can get killed that easily? lulz.

But maybe he can keep coming back. Pretty sure Kaine isn't out yet, and we all remember The Other origin right? He only appears when a spider dies. :p (... what happens when the spider dies again?! I suppose we'll find out...)

Also to be fair, when Peter killed morlun, not only this mystical stuff is his weakness, but he was also in feeding mode (What happened to that and Morlun's reptile skin, anyway?), which makes him even weaker. Daemos took a full attack from Kaine and didn't even move (although it did good damage).

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_redacted_: Tell me about. Slott should have played up that part of the character more.

Beata

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fight was complete and utter bullcrap. Cosmic spidey only needed ONE punch to send Solus into orbit. Fight is simply over just like that. He shouldnt have had the chance to drain him. Hell he could have turned him into a cupcake and then ate him for irony's sake.

Friv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Friv

@segamarvel: This^

When the Inheritors entered Earth-13, Cosmic Spidey was like 'yeah, I've got this'. I was so ready to see him just destroy them, I mean just decimate the crap out of them.

And you're right, the fight should have been over before it even began. Solus didn't show anything beforehand even remotely capable of taking on something as powerful as Cosmic Spidey, then boom. He just consumes him, it's like Cosmic Spidey just gave up as soon as Solus lay a hand on him.

Like you said, one punch, that's all it would've taken. And bam, straight to the Moon.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It was a mess of an event, so who knows.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friv: Finally someone else noticed. Thanks. I mean come on Cosmic spidey can control matter/energy. That means he could have easily just emitted lots of toxic radiation and the inheritors wouldnt even be able to get near him like some kind of walking kyptonite.

darklordx123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@the_waffle: it was expected. Most of Slott's run has been disappointing (although I ejoyed SSM a bit, and Big Time was decent).

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By The_Waffle
Crazyspideyfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@angelalfonso: how didn't he die?!?!?! We all saw him die

In the conclusion to Spider-Verse, a hand pops out of Kain's cocoon.