Edited 9 months, 7 days ago

Poll: Doc Ock As Spider-man Or Peter Parker As Spider-man (45 votes)

Doc Ock 13%
Peter Parker 87%
#1 Posted by angelalfonso (1108 posts) - - Show Bio

do you even have to ask?

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock isn't Spider-man. Peter Parker is Spider-man. That was just a chapter in Spider-man's saga. Nothing more nothing less.

#3 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter wins this easily.

#4 Posted by Sprayer1218 (19 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18773 posts) - - Show Bio

whoever voted for Ock:

#6 Posted by Opunaya (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr said:

Doc Ock isn't Spider-man. Peter Parker is Spider-man. That was just a chapter in Spider-man's saga. Nothing more nothing less.

This. This. This. Peter Parker any day, forever. Doc Ock was never Spider-Man, he was a coward, a thief and a psychotic murderer.

#7 Posted by Cloakx14 (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

parker.

#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

i did like ock as spidey it was a fresh take but when i comes down to it i have to go with peter

#10 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superior Spider-Man was a great and fun ride, but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man and Doc-Ock will always be Doc-Ock.

#11 Posted by ianh (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: The Superior Spider-Man was a great and fun ride, but Peter Parker will always be Spider-Man and Doc-Ock will always be Doc-Ock.

Yeah, I agree with you as much as I did like SpOck. Peter Parker is Spider-man and always should be.

Doesn't mean we can't have real character development. Even for a villain. I think this should have some effect on Ock the next time we see him. He was actually trying to be a hero. In his own way. SpOck's gadgets and equipment were really cool. Peter should create some more stuff. Running his own company may give him the opportunity to do this.

If Peter had access to Ock's knowledge as well as his own. That would make him pretty formidable, not likely to happen. Peter will return with his life upside down, but he will also have his own company and a Doctorate.

I voted for Ock, because I knew most would go with Peter. I can't betray the fact that I have loved reading Superior Spider-man.

#12 Posted by Ascended (549 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of question is this? And why hasn't the thread been locked yet?

#13 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@ianh: I want to see Doc-Ock get a body and go off on his own ala Ben Reilly. He doesn't always have to be a good guy, but I definitely want to see him continue down the path that he started down when the Superior Spider-Man storyline began.

#14 Posted by ianh (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@ianh: I want to see Doc-Ock get a body and go off on his own ala Ben Reilly. He doesn't always have to be a good guy, but I definitely want to see him continue down the path that he started down when the Superior Spider-Man storyline began.

I'd be interested to see that. Maybe the up coming Spider-Verse event will have SpOck doing his thing.

#15 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope doc ock gets a spin off series

#16 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18344 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by gumflabica (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

I think peter, but I was a fan of SpOck's laced morals and expanded options for powers and gear. Not being afraid to bust a few heads is what spidey needs, and I'll be sad to see that go. But as long as Otto isn't spidey anymore, I'm fine

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (12376 posts) - - Show Bio

i did like ock as spidey it was a fresh take but when i comes down to it i have to go with peter

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker. Even Otto said so.

#20 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know... ock did do somethings better like the spider-bots and he did get his personal life better, he just sucked as spider-man

#21 Posted by Tohoma (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter

#22 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

peter

but otto should have his own series

#23 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

they should make a what if? superior spider-man where ock stays as spidey

#24 Posted by averywetfrog (375 posts) - - Show Bio

they should make a what if? superior spider-man where ock stays as spidey

that would be awesome. I would want it to be done by slott or not at all. the series is just to good to let it go