Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Yes.

The real questions are.

When?

And will it be in a way that's satisfactory or not?

Given how bad ASM has been the last couple of years anyway, I'm really doubting it'll be any good. It'll probably be something as cliched as Peter and Ock now sharing a body and Peter slowly winning out. That would be lame.

Or worse, Peter will get a new body, and now we'll have Peter and Ock both as Spider-Men (as well as Kaine). Marvel will probably go this route as it has the most short-term marketing potential. That seems to be how Marvel makes all their decisions.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

Of course but they first need a little development for Doc Ock and then they will bring him back.

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gridde

Also depends on the sales of SSM. I seriously doubt the title will tank (as people have said, it will sell well purely by merit of having 'Spider-Man' in the title), but if the drops in sales are big enough, I assume Marvel would rethink their strategy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

So Otto still knows who he is but has Peters personality and now wants to be a hero after all the time wasted? Sounds like Peter with a different name to me and even that wont be much since everyone will be calling him peter anyways.I just dont see the point of this. I think this will be one of thsoe things quickly ignored and pretend it never happened. It doesn't seem to change anything except for "Peter" knowing he is really Otto Octavious. Its almost as iff both are kind of in the body since Peters personality grafted to his (which just sounds like a twist to Dr Octopus' original problem having the arms grafted to him) and he has all of Peters previous thoughts, feelings, and memories.

Philosophically speaking, if people switch bodies but when they switch they still have all the memories, feelings, thoughts and personality of the original person did they really even switch?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

@DEGRAAF said:

So Otto still knows who he is but has Peters personality and now wants to be a hero after all the time wasted? Sounds like Peter with a different name to me and even that wont be much since everyone will be calling him peter anyways.I just dont see the point of this. I think this will be one of thsoe things quickly ignored and pretend it never happened. It doesn't seem to change anything except for "Peter" knowing he is really Otto Octavious. Its almost as iff both are kind of in the body since Peters personality grafted to his (which just sounds like a twist to Dr Octopus' original problem having the arms grafted to him) and he has all of Peters previous thoughts, feelings, and memories.

Philosophically speaking, if people switch bodies but when they switch they still have all the memories, feelings, thoughts and personality of the original person did they really even switch?

he doesn't have his personality...he has his memories....and is now trying to prove that he can be a better Spider-man than Peter was....he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

LastOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LastOblivion

They will, without a doubt. Probably after one or two years.

It doesn't matter what they say, we all know he'll be back.

@TDK_1997 said:

Of course but they first need a little development for Doc Ock and then they will bring him back.

Basically this.

Jean199999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Jean199999

I don't think so, I know so.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I give them 12 months or less.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

@danhimself said:

@DEGRAAF said:

he doesn't have his personality...he has his memories....and is now trying to prove that he can be a better Spider-man than Peter was....he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

thanks. Spidermans page says Doc Ock was grafted with Peters personality after Peter showing him all the time he wasted.

I give them til #750 or 800 depending of course on who takes over writing along that time

Avatar image for supacheeseman22
supacheeseman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By supacheeseman22

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Peter Parker but I think marvel should wait a bit so it's not so un cool

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Magian

Well of course he is going to be back. Do you really think that Marvel is going to send away one of its flagship characters? Always depending on the success of the book, sooner or later he is going to back.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

@DEGRAAF said:

@danhimself said:

@DEGRAAF said:

thanks. Spidermans page says Doc Ock was grafted with Peters personality after Peter showing him all the time he wasted.

I give them til #750 or 800 depending of course on who takes over writing along that time

yeah that's wrong....Ock had all of Peter's memories from the get go but at the last second Peter made Ock relive all of the horrible moments of Peter's life and it made Ock realize just how much Peter has been through and made him decide to be a hero

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Aiden Cross

Sure, when the next Spidey movie is coming out :p

slopoke36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slopoke36

^^^

Agreed and good point.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@danhimself said:

he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

Couldn't have said it better myself. Doc Ock is a classic VILLAIN!!! He formed the Sinister Six!! He's nearly killed Peter, and his friends and family, numerous times!!!

I've lost some of my initial rage over this and will be reading Superior Spider-Man because I am curious as to how this fiasco of an idea unfolds. At this point it's kinda like a train wreck for me. I know I should look away, but I can't

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By jwalser3

I give it a year. Year and a half tops before they bring him back.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iaconpoint

Seriously? You can ask one question and it was this one? Jean Grey, Steve Rogers, Jean Grey, Johnny Storm, Jean Grey, Jean Grey, and Jean Grey have taught you nothing?

mariioow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mariioow

@iaconpoint: Jean please stop dying and if they don't bring Peter back can they at least give us a comic with him? I don't care if it's Noir, another Ultimate, (Not sure if 1602 is still going either), I hope they just give us a universe where Peter Parker isn't dead and has a on going series.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By BR_Havoc

Nah he will be back and I think sooner rather then later. Reason I say that is since the title comes out twice a month and the story will unfold faster. I think if Otto was Peter for more then a year (24.....26 issues? if it comes out every 2 weeks) then people will start to lose interest. This story line is better for a mini series not an ongoing.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 14NC3

@jwalser3:

A year??

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hope they bring back Ben Reilly instead.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Hazlenaut

Am I the only one who feels like Plucky Duck with the javelin around here? I say they stick with it. Spiderman was going to end as a folk hero and he was willing to accept it. Let this be rehabilitation for doc oct who now has to wear the spider-man mantle. The baton pass was going happen remember scarlet spider-man. Anyone interested to seeing Peter Paker afterlife being in heaven because we already scene from hell from several other characters

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27  Edited By x_29

Marvel never brings back dead popular characters to life.

Agent_Murdoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent_Murdoch

Peter Parker is a household name, he'll be back

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jwalser3

@14NC3:Yeah, is that a crazy guess? I don't think they're just going to have him dead for 6 months and bring him back.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerHerc

Of course they will.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PowerHerc

It's only a matter of time.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Earth616

@x_29 said:

Marvel never brings back dead popular characters to life.

HE'S COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll see, YOU'LL SEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap was pretty popular, and HE did!!!!!!!!!!!

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By trebean

Peter's death here is the lowest of what Marvel could have given to him, it wasn't like Ultimate Peter who died battling almost all of his Villains.

No they made Peter feel look like an asshat, nobody who loved knew he died except the dead ones.

A conspiracy nut I knew made this conclusions

That Marvel is now trying to ruin Spider-Man's integrity so that Sony will try to sell the movie rights back to them.

Of course that is only a theory, a bad one indeed, but it's all I've got.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Earth616

@trebean: I agree with you- I can't picture a worse way for Pete to die... It was so... un-eventful and un-mourned that it doesn't really seem like he's dead at all... Does anyone else feel like that???

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

He'll be back. Superman and Batman came back to life and Peter Parker is pretty popular as Spider man.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By 14NC3

@jwalser3:

idk, are there any other story arcs that has been under this situation? And if so how long did it go on for?

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Earth616

^ ^ ^ Ya, I have been wondering the same thing- Is it more than just another story arc, since it has changed names? And HAS it ever happened before?????????????????????????????????

Avatar image for matchesmalone2012
MatchesMalone2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe in 2020 :)

InfinityAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By InfinityAce

No.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By animehunter

Everyone, I managed to come across a copy of the first issue Superior Spider-Man #1 , please don't ask me how. and please DO NOT ask or expect me to put spoilers, images of clips from the book. But I felt I had to say something after reading it, and only after staring at the issue for hours deciding whether or not to read it.

Dan Slott has definitely redeemed himself, maybe not fully but enough for me to reconsider reading future books.

BAUagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By BAUagent

It is a must that Peter Parker be brought back to life. Besides some one like Otto will always be evil.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By PaperDemon

Ultimate: Not likely

Other: Probably.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#43  Edited By PunyParker

just did

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By .Ajax.

Without a doubt. Peter Parker and Spiderman is one of Marvel's staple characters.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By karrob

@Mercy_ said:

Of course they will.

@Moonchilde said:

Yes.

The real questions are.

When?

And will it be in a way that's satisfactory or not?

Given how bad ASM has been the last couple of years anyway, I'm really doubting it'll be any good. It'll probably be something as cliched as Peter and Ock now sharing a body and Peter slowly winning out. That would be lame.

Or worse, Peter will get a new body, and now we'll have Peter and Ock both as Spider-Men (as well as Kaine). Marvel will probably go this route as it has the most short-term marketing potential. That seems to be how Marvel makes all their decisions.

Yep!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46  Edited By Pyrogram

@PaperDemon said:

Ultimate: Not likely

Other: Probably.

They will never bring ultimate alive

infectedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By infectedhero

Yes they will.

InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By InfamousFish

Read Superior Spider-Man #1 and you will find your answer.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@infamousfish: Well, after reading SSM #9, do you still believe he's coming back? To be honest, I think he will come back one day, but I don't know if it'll be "sooner" or "later"...

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yes and hopefully Mary Jane doesn't find out that she's been kissing doc oc instead of peter