#3 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably.

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they will.

#5 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

The real questions are.

When?

And will it be in a way that's satisfactory or not?

Given how bad ASM has been the last couple of years anyway, I'm really doubting it'll be any good. It'll probably be something as cliched as Peter and Ock now sharing a body and Peter slowly winning out. That would be lame.

Or worse, Peter will get a new body, and now we'll have Peter and Ock both as Spider-Men (as well as Kaine). Marvel will probably go this route as it has the most short-term marketing potential. That seems to be how Marvel makes all their decisions.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14451 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course but they first need a little development for Doc Ock and then they will bring him back.

#7 Posted by gridde (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Also depends on the sales of SSM. I seriously doubt the title will tank (as people have said, it will sell well purely by merit of having 'Spider-Man' in the title), but if the drops in sales are big enough, I assume Marvel would rethink their strategy.

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

So Otto still knows who he is but has Peters personality and now wants to be a hero after all the time wasted? Sounds like Peter with a different name to me and even that wont be much since everyone will be calling him peter anyways.I just dont see the point of this. I think this will be one of thsoe things quickly ignored and pretend it never happened. It doesn't seem to change anything except for "Peter" knowing he is really Otto Octavious. Its almost as iff both are kind of in the body since Peters personality grafted to his (which just sounds like a twist to Dr Octopus' original problem having the arms grafted to him) and he has all of Peters previous thoughts, feelings, and memories.

Philosophically speaking, if people switch bodies but when they switch they still have all the memories, feelings, thoughts and personality of the original person did they really even switch?

#9 Posted by danhimself (22218 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

So Otto still knows who he is but has Peters personality and now wants to be a hero after all the time wasted? Sounds like Peter with a different name to me and even that wont be much since everyone will be calling him peter anyways.I just dont see the point of this. I think this will be one of thsoe things quickly ignored and pretend it never happened. It doesn't seem to change anything except for "Peter" knowing he is really Otto Octavious. Its almost as iff both are kind of in the body since Peters personality grafted to his (which just sounds like a twist to Dr Octopus' original problem having the arms grafted to him) and he has all of Peters previous thoughts, feelings, and memories.

Philosophically speaking, if people switch bodies but when they switch they still have all the memories, feelings, thoughts and personality of the original person did they really even switch?

he doesn't have his personality...he has his memories....and is now trying to prove that he can be a better Spider-man than Peter was....he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

#10 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

They will, without a doubt. Probably after one or two years.

It doesn't matter what they say, we all know he'll be back.

@TDK_1997 said:

Of course but they first need a little development for Doc Ock and then they will bring him back.

Basically this.

#11 Posted by Jean199999 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so, I know so.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (22779 posts) - - Show Bio

I give them 12 months or less.

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@DEGRAAF said:

he doesn't have his personality...he has his memories....and is now trying to prove that he can be a better Spider-man than Peter was....he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

thanks. Spidermans page says Doc Ock was grafted with Peters personality after Peter showing him all the time he wasted.

I give them til #750 or 800 depending of course on who takes over writing along that time

#14 Posted by supacheeseman22 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Peter Parker but I think marvel should wait a bit so it's not so un cool

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Well of course he is going to be back. Do you really think that Marvel is going to send away one of its flagship characters? Always depending on the success of the book, sooner or later he is going to back.

#16 Posted by danhimself (22218 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@danhimself said:

@DEGRAAF said:

thanks. Spidermans page says Doc Ock was grafted with Peters personality after Peter showing him all the time he wasted.

I give them til #750 or 800 depending of course on who takes over writing along that time

yeah that's wrong....Ock had all of Peter's memories from the get go but at the last second Peter made Ock relive all of the horrible moments of Peter's life and it made Ock realize just how much Peter has been through and made him decide to be a hero

#17 Posted by Aiden Cross (15561 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, when the next Spidey movie is coming out :p

#18 Posted by slopoke36 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^

Agreed and good point.

#19 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2591 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

he's still an egomaniac and a huge douche

Couldn't have said it better myself. Doc Ock is a classic VILLAIN!!! He formed the Sinister Six!! He's nearly killed Peter, and his friends and family, numerous times!!!

I've lost some of my initial rage over this and will be reading Superior Spider-Man because I am curious as to how this fiasco of an idea unfolds. At this point it's kinda like a train wreck for me. I know I should look away, but I can't

#20 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it a year. Year and a half tops before they bring him back.

#21 Edited by iaconpoint (1243 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? You can ask one question and it was this one? Jean Grey, Steve Rogers, Jean Grey, Johnny Storm, Jean Grey, Jean Grey, and Jean Grey have taught you nothing?

#22 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@iaconpoint: Jean please stop dying and if they don't bring Peter back can they at least give us a comic with him? I don't care if it's Noir, another Ultimate, (Not sure if 1602 is still going either), I hope they just give us a universe where Peter Parker isn't dead and has a on going series.

#23 Posted by BR_Havoc (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah he will be back and I think sooner rather then later. Reason I say that is since the title comes out twice a month and the story will unfold faster. I think if Otto was Peter for more then a year (24.....26 issues? if it comes out every 2 weeks) then people will start to lose interest. This story line is better for a mini series not an ongoing.

#24 Posted by 14NC3 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3:

A year??

#25 Posted by fesak (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope they bring back Ben Reilly instead.

#26 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who feels like Plucky Duck with the javelin around here? I say they stick with it. Spiderman was going to end as a folk hero and he was willing to accept it. Let this be rehabilitation for doc oct who now has to wear the spider-man mantle. The baton pass was going happen remember scarlet spider-man. Anyone interested to seeing Peter Paker afterlife being in heaven because we already scene from hell from several other characters

#27 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel never brings back dead popular characters to life.

#28 Posted by Agent_Murdoch (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker is a household name, he'll be back

#29 Posted by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

@14NC3:Yeah, is that a crazy guess? I don't think they're just going to have him dead for 6 months and bring him back.

#30 Posted by PowerHerc (80778 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course they will.

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (80778 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only a matter of time.

#32 Edited by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Marvel never brings back dead popular characters to life.

HE'S COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll see, YOU'LL SEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cap was pretty popular, and HE did!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by trebean (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter's death here is the lowest of what Marvel could have given to him, it wasn't like Ultimate Peter who died battling almost all of his Villains.

No they made Peter feel look like an asshat, nobody who loved knew he died except the dead ones.

A conspiracy nut I knew made this conclusions

That Marvel is now trying to ruin Spider-Man's integrity so that Sony will try to sell the movie rights back to them.

Of course that is only a theory, a bad one indeed, but it's all I've got.

#34 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean: I agree with you- I can't picture a worse way for Pete to die... It was so... un-eventful and un-mourned that it doesn't really seem like he's dead at all... Does anyone else feel like that???

#35 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5768 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be back. Superman and Batman came back to life and Peter Parker is pretty popular as Spider man.

#36 Posted by 14NC3 (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3:

idk, are there any other story arcs that has been under this situation? And if so how long did it go on for?

#37 Posted by Earth616 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

^ ^ ^ Ya, I have been wondering the same thing- Is it more than just another story arc, since it has changed names? And HAS it ever happened before?????????????????????????????????

#38 Posted by MatchesMalone2012 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe in 2020 :)

#39 Posted by InfinityAce (110 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#40 Edited by animehunter (1751 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone, I managed to come across a copy of the first issue Superior Spider-Man #1 , please don't ask me how. and please DO NOT ask or expect me to put spoilers, images of clips from the book. But I felt I had to say something after reading it, and only after staring at the issue for hours deciding whether or not to read it.

Dan Slott has definitely redeemed himself, maybe not fully but enough for me to reconsider reading future books.

#41 Posted by BAUagent (26 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a must that Peter Parker be brought back to life. Besides some one like Otto will always be evil.

#42 Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate: Not likely

Other: Probably.

#43 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

just did

#44 Posted by .Ajax. (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

Without a doubt. Peter Parker and Spiderman is one of Marvel's staple characters.

#45 Posted by karrob (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Of course they will.

@Moonchilde said:

Yes.

The real questions are.

When?

And will it be in a way that's satisfactory or not?

Given how bad ASM has been the last couple of years anyway, I'm really doubting it'll be any good. It'll probably be something as cliched as Peter and Ock now sharing a body and Peter slowly winning out. That would be lame.

Or worse, Peter will get a new body, and now we'll have Peter and Ock both as Spider-Men (as well as Kaine). Marvel will probably go this route as it has the most short-term marketing potential. That seems to be how Marvel makes all their decisions.

Yep!

#46 Posted by Pyrogram (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperDemon said:

Ultimate: Not likely

Other: Probably.

They will never bring ultimate alive

#47 Posted by infectedhero (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes they will.

#48 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Read Superior Spider-Man #1 and you will find your answer.

#49 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1662 posts) - - Show Bio

@infamousfish: Well, after reading SSM #9, do you still believe he's coming back? To be honest, I think he will come back one day, but I don't know if it'll be "sooner" or "later"...

#50 Posted by Darkseid011 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and hopefully Mary Jane doesn't find out that she's been kissing doc oc instead of peter