• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 7 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Comic Vine Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Movie (378 votes)

Spider-Man 11%
Spider-Man 2 40%
Spider-Man 3 3%
The Amazing Spider-Man 14%
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 31%

Spider-Man month continues! Last week, we asked the Comic Vine community what the top Spider-Man animated show is (spoiler alert: Spider-Man The Animated Series took the prize) and, this week, we want to know what your favorite Spider-Man movie is! Will something from Sam Raimi's trilogy earn your love? Or will one of Marc Webb's films receive your support? So, what'll it be, Viners? Make Uncle Ben proud and give this one some proper thought before voting, okay?

Want to re-watch a few of these movies before voting? Well, you definitely have time to do so. Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). That should give you more than enough time to dive back into these movies and truly make up your mind before picking a favorite. Or maybe you already know what you're going to vote for? If so, feel free vote right now. After picking a #1 movie, don't forget to go into the comments and say why its your top choice. Make your post awesome enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in the updated feature.

Check the homepage this Thursday for a new article with the results and more!

#1 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM2. Better Spidey. Better love interest. Better action. Better acting performances.

Only problem is some of the music...

#2 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18813 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

ASM2. Better Spidey. Better love interest. Better action. Better acting performances.

it wasn't that bad, man.

#3 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

it wasn't that bad man.

Yes it was.

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4983 posts) - - Show Bio

I will wait after I have seen ASM2.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18813 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

it wasn't that bad man.

Yes it was.

NOOOP.

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

it wasn't that bad man.

Yes it was.

NOOOP.

I win the argument. I can't even listen to the whole thing its such crap.

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

---- errr

who voted for SM3?

misvote?

#9 Posted by YoungDoctor (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man 2. Even though the train fight in Spider-Man 2 is still my favourite live action Spidey fight.

#10 Posted by UltimaStarkiller (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably going to lose my Spider-Man Fan Club card over this, but I'm going with the wonderfully awful Spider-Man 3. If we were talking "best" Spider-Man movie, then no way it wins. But favorite? Yeah, out of all the movies, SM3 is the one I had the most fun watching, even if it did horribly misuse characters like Gwen Stacy and Venom. I can't help but enjoy goofy shlock, especially by Sam Raimi. Sorry folks, gotta go with what the heart truly loves!

#11 Posted by DrellAssassin (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? ASM2 people?

#12 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably going to lose my Spider-Man Fan Club card over this, but I'm going with the wonderfully awful Spider-Man 3. If we were talking "best" Spider-Man movie, then no way it wins. But favorite? Yeah, out of all the movies, SM3 is the one I had the most fun watching, even if it did horribly misuse characters like Gwen Stacy and Venom. I can't help but enjoy goofy shlock, especially by Sam Raimi. Sorry folks, gotta go with what the heart truly loves!

consider your card taken.

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by UltimaStarkiller (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: It's alright, I think it was about to expire anyway. I'll renew it later if I haven't already been blacklisted.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18813 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by UltimaStarkiller (33 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by JohnnyConstantine (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 got my vote because it was the ONLY film out of five to truly encompass the feeling of the comics. The costume was perfect, Peter was funny, Gwen was someone you could actually care about (UNLIKE MJ IN THE OLD FILMS WHO HAD TWO MODES, OBNOXIOUS BITCHING AND OBNOXIOUS SCREAMING). The story was a little convoluted setting up for the Spidey universe, but despite that it had more emotional pull than any of the other films. Especially the scene everyone knew was coming. I enjoyed every moment of it, and it is the only comic book movie I have ever seen to make my girlfriend leave the theatre (and the girlfriends/mothers of other people) crying.

#19 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM2

#20 Posted by bob808 (6785 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

#21 Edited by buttersdaman000 (10576 posts) - - Show Bio

@drellassassin said:

Seriously? ASM2 people?

Exactly lol maybe they're still under the 'new film hype' spell. I just saw it again and it certainly doesn't have as much value the second time around.

I gotta go with Spider-Man 2 for this. The movie had better acting, a less twilight romance, a better story, and a better Peter Parker. The only advantages TASM2 have over the film are a more faithful Spider-Man persona, and better fights...but thats mostly because of the technology of today.

#22 Edited by silent_bomber (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Spider-Man fan

Amazing Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 2.1 > Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3

As a Movie Fan

Spider-Man 2.1 > Amazing Spider-Man 2 > Amazing Spider-Man > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18813 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager: How did you win? I honestly didn't mind that song.

ah, we come to the real problem

your ears are broken.

Riiiiiiiight, MY ears are broken, that's it.

OR..OR, I didn't think the music was crap, how about that?

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 got my vote because it was the ONLY film out of five to truly encompass the feeling of the comics. The costume was perfect, Peter was funny, Gwen was someone you could actually care about (UNLIKE MJ IN THE OLD FILMS WHO HAD TWO MODES, OBNOXIOUS BITCHING AND OBNOXIOUS SCREAMING). The story was a little convoluted setting up for the Spidey universe, but despite that it had more emotional pull than any of the other films. Especially the scene everyone knew was coming. I enjoyed every moment of it, and it is the only comic book movie I have ever seen to make my girlfriend leave the theatre (and the girlfriends/mothers of other people) crying.

lol. Followed.

#26 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager: How did you win? I honestly didn't mind that song.

ah, we come to the real problem

your ears are broken.

Riiiiiiiight, MY ears are broken, that's it.

OR..OR, I didn't think the music was crap, how about that?

Your brain is broken too!

#27 Posted by The Stegman (26078 posts) - - Show Bio

Toss up between Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 2

On the one hand, Spider-Man 2 had the better script, it was less cluttered...but ASM2 has a better cast, visuals, humor and Electro to me was just as good as Doc Ock. So, at the end of the day, I'm going with ASM2.

#28 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised ASM1 is getting so many votes given how polarized it is. Almost Man of Steel levels, frankly.

#29 Posted by spidershamrock (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever voted for SM3 needs to feel shame, even if it was a misclick

#30 Posted by BeaconofStrength (6835 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2 is easily my favorite.

#31 Posted by Paste_Pot_Pete (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman 2, without a doubt.

#32 Posted by DaltonMunnal (169 posts) - - Show Bio

TASM2 > TASM > SM2 > SM > SM3.

Best acting by far. Most emotionally invested story. Feels the most like a comic book on screen I've ever seen (possibly more so than The Avengers). I have mixed feelings on the soundtrack. I'll have to reserve that for a second viewing. Others have complaints that it spends too much time setting up the future instead of being it's own movie, but from my perspective it doesn't get any more comic book than that. Until recently I had recalled SM1&2 still being great movies despite my preferring TASM and hating Tobey and Dunst, but I just rewatched them last week and realized that it was nostalgia talking and SM was awful, and SM2 was a good deal better but still loaded with problems and has reached the point of not quite holding up anymore.

#33 Posted by Krypton-115 (477 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously... Who clicked on Spider-Man 3?

#35 Posted by GraniteSoldier (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2, and even though I prefer Garfield to McGuire as Peter, Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite Spider-Man movie. Its undertone of do powers make the hero really resonates and Doc Ock is a great villain.

As long as Spider-Man or Spider-Man 3 don't win.

#36 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, a lot of votes for Spider-Man 2. That was one of my least favorite.

ASM for me.

#37 Posted by GodOfMischief (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 for me.

#38 Edited by TheBlackHood (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to like Amazing Spiderman two and I did to an extent. However, the villains were absolutely horrible. The German torture doctor had possibly the worst accent since Nicolas Cage in Captain Corelli's Mandolin. It was like they had a completely separate director for the protagonists and antagonists. Maybe Ed Wood possessed the director whenever it was time to give the villains direction. Just laughably bad.

#39 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik said:

Seriously... Who clicked on Spider-Man 3?

I all ready took the Spider-Man fan card of 1 dude. But 3% of 77 is 2.3.

Someone else is getting hunted down.

#40 Posted by RustyRoy (14010 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2

#41 Edited by Dstick88 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to vote Spider-man three just to troll lol i wont tho

#42 Posted by NukeA6 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man 2 had the best fight scene of every Spidey film. Peter Parker may not have been accurate to the comics but everything else is great.

#43 Edited by AmazingWebHead (4489 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, still haven't seen ASM2!

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (14983 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I like TAS more than the sequel...

#47 Posted by nickzambuto (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@theacidskull said:

@fallschirmjager said:

it wasn't that bad man.

Yes it was.

NOOOP.

I win the argument. I can't even listen to the whole thing its such crap.

I like that song.

Let's fight.

#48 Edited by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I wish I could vote twice. If so, I'd vote for Spider-Man 2 AND Amazing Spider-Man 2. Instead, I have to give it to the good ol' Spider-Man 2. It was just the better movie, in my opinion. Better villain, better acting, Peter Parker was getting his butt kicked from every possible angle, in suit and out. Fantastic. Ock was awesome, Alfred Molina nailed the role, the arms looked awesome, and the whole 'tragic villain' thing was great in all respects. Peter losing his powers and having to relearn what it means to be a hero to return to being Spider-Man was... I'm running out of positive words to describe all the awesome parts of this movie. Maybe it's the nostalgia goggles talking, but this was the best movie out of all the Spider-Man films.

Now that said.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the best SPIDER-MAN movie. Every comic book movie series hopefully has one movie where they nail the character perfectly, regardless of how the rest of the movie is, the portrayal of the character is so spot on that it shines. And in this regard, ASM2 is the victor. Spider-Man's a wise cracking smarta**, who'll throw out a joke as often as he shoots his webs. His fighting style is extremely acrobatic, making full use of his webs giving him amazing air control when around other objects. He's insanely smart, but driven by a lot of guilt. ASM2 has problems, large ones that run through the entire movie. Electro's cool, but he's nothing on Ock. Goblin's also cool, but like Venom before him, has too little time. He makes the best of that time, but the film needed more of him. However, Spider-Man himself is EXACTLY how he should be. Cracking jokes, making full advantage of his webs and striking poses as he swings through the city, using his brain to take on an enemy he's outmatched against... Perfect. The beautiful costume doesn't hurt either.

While Spider-Man 2 was my favorite film of them all, hence why it gets my vote, ASM2 has the best Spider-Man, and given that that's the name of the film, that's going to put it a lot higher on my list than it probably deserves.

#49 Edited by leokearon (1785 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going for Spider-man 2, it has Doc Ock in it, but then I remembered Kristen Dunst terrible MJ, so I went for Azaming 2 instead, Emma Stone is great as Gwen, hope she returns for Amazing 3 (I can already think of 3 ways Emma can return)

#50 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: I don't really know how SM2 gets a better acting vote when Kirsten Dunst is in it.

The complete and utter butchering of Mary Jane in every possible aspect will never be forgiven by me. Stone as Stacey on the other hand is quite possible the best female ever written in CBM history. She's smoking hot, she's smart, she's strong, she's likable...

DeHaan is miles better than Franco as well.

And the scene with Peter/Auny May in the bedroom is also one of the best acted scenes I've ever seen in a CBM. Seriously rivals some of Joker's scenes imo.