• 77 results
#51 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I like Bendis's work...most of it....sorry people don't hit me.

#52 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I like Bendis's work...most of it....sorry people don't hit me.

I enjoy his USM stuff. And maybe Dark Avengers. But everything Avengers, X-Men, and rest of the UU stuff he does just leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth

#53 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back.

His "best" story the Spider Island arc was mediocre at best.

Personally i don't judge him only for his superior spiderman

but his mishandling of characters to suit his needs.

I wouldn't hate superior if it wasn't such a bad read. Slott completely humiliate Peter to write his Fan-Fiction.

I personally didn't like Spider-Island that much. I think his one-off stories and Grim Hunt are some of his best. Plus the twist with ASM #700 was all-time awesome.

#54 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Shall I name more and movies?

Just for fun..Thor

Daredevil

The Skrull invasion...the list goes on

The closest one is the Skrull Invasion. Even that isn't all that close because the hero's weren't dead. Peter's dead, that's what makes the story unique to me.

#55 Posted by Squalleon (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: yeah grim hunt is better but for some weird and twisted reason Spider Island was so hyped and everyone was so excited etc.
I am not only talking about the end of #700 i am talking about how Slott made Ock beat Peter again in his own mind in SSM # 9. About making Peter, the most selfless character in comics, risk a little girl's life to save himself, about the mishandling of The Queen and killing characters when he feels like just to make his weak storylines better. I could go on but i think i gave you an idea why Slott's run was bad even before SSM.

#56 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher:

yeah grim hunt is better but for some weird and twisted reason Spider Island was so hyped and everyone was so excited etc.

I am not only talking about the end of #700 i am talking about how Slott made

Ock beat Peter again in his own mind in SSM # 9.

About making Peter, the most selfless character in comics,

risk a little girl's life to save himself,

about the

mishandling of The Queen

and

killing characters when he feels like just to make his weak storylines better.

I could go on but i think i gave you an idea why Slott's run was bad even before SSM.

A matter of opinion I guess. I believe worse sins have been made by who some consider better writers. But overall I like Slott and what he's doing.

#57 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

Captain America

@spider11211 said:

Just for fun..Thor

Daredevil

The closest one is the Skrull Invasion. Even that isn't all that close because the hero's weren't dead. Peter's dead, that's what makes the story unique to me.

Cap was considered dead (and he was replaced by Bucky), Thor was considered dead (he was replaced by Eric Masterson).

This is nothing new.

#58 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

Captain America

@spider11211 said:

Just for fun..Thor

Daredevil

Cap was considered dead (and he was replaced by Bucky), Thor was considered dead (he was replaced by Eric Masterson).

This is nothing new.

Cap was considered dead and replaced by another HERO, Thor was considered dead and again, replaced by another HERO. The villain actually won with Slott AND took over for the hero. That's what separates this story from those.

#59 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: You are splitting hairs.

Also Daredevil.... How about the movie face off..

This is nothing new. To say otherwise is to deny reality.

#60 Edited by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher: You are splitting hairs.

Also Daredevil....

This is nothing new.

No I'm not. You're trying to fit square pegs in round holes. I've seen plenty of stories were the hero "dies" and is replaced. Superman, Batman, Quasar etc. This story is different because the hero is killed and replaced by the same villain. If Red Skull killed Cap and then started masquerading around as Cap then you'd be right. But this is different. Similar true, but different.

#61 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull has masqueraded as Cap...

Not much different.

Mysterio has went around as Spider-Man...once again nothing new.

#62 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Not much different.

But not killing them. Yes we've seen heroes die. Yes we've seen villains masquerading as heroes. Yes we've seen villains and heroes mind swap. We haven't seen a villain mind swap with a hero with the villain's terminal body. We haven't seen a villain take over a hero's entire life including relationships and actually try to improve on them in his own twisted way. It's a new version of an old trick. It's like saying Mass Effect is the same as Star Trek. They're similar, but completely different at the same time.

#63 Posted by PaperDemon (611 posts) - - Show Bio

yost

#64 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

Not much different.

But not killing them. Yes we've seen heroes die. Yes we've seen villains masquerading as heroes. Yes we've seen villains and heroes mind swap. We haven't seen a villain mind swap with a hero with the villain's terminal body. We haven't seen a villain take over a hero's entire life including relationships and actually try to improve on them in his own twisted way. It's a new version of an old trick. It's like saying Mass Effect is the same as Star Trek. They're similar, but completely different at the same time.

And this response is like saying it is green it is a color but it is so different from dark green.

It really is a tired story.

#65 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

Not much different.

And this response is like saying it is green it is a color but it is so different from dark green.

No, this response is like saying the Neon Green and Pine Green are both Green but, so different that they aren't very similar.

#66 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

Not much different.

No, this response is like saying the Neon Green and Pine Green are both Green but, so different that they aren't very similar.

NO...just no.

photo tumblr_m9trkfsXos1rxlmf0o1_500.gif

#67 Edited by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

...There are actually people who like Slott?

#68 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back. The fact is: Peter's coming back eventually. Right now Doc Ock is Spider-Man and it's a fun read. We all got knocked for a loop with ASM #700 and we can't say we've been fooled like that in a very long time. With that said the awesomeness of Peter's demise has me really excited for how awesome his return is going to be.

Unique story...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Challenge: Name a story like it with a character this high profile.

Batman Knightfall, Invasion of the body snatcher's, Captain Ginyu, and John Carpenters the thing.

#69 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back. The fact is: Peter's coming back eventually. Right now Doc Ock is Spider-Man and it's a fun read. We all got knocked for a loop with ASM #700 and we can't say we've been fooled like that in a very long time. With that said the awesomeness of Peter's demise has me really excited for how awesome his return is going to be.

Batman Knightfall, Invasion of the body snatcher's, Captain Ginyu, and John Carpenters the thing.

Yup but now since the name was not Peter it will not be close enough to count. I think at this point he refuses to see anything past what he committed to.

#70 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@master_of_suprise said:

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

Yup but now since the name was not Peter it will not be close enough to count. I think at this point he refuses to see anything past what he committed to.

All of the stories mentioned have elements that are similar but are not just like Superior. A lot of the stories you guys listed are really just stories were the hero dies and is replaced, or the hero gets mind controlled. There's thousands of stories like that. That one thing similar doesn't make the story just the same.

#71 Edited by frogdog (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing spiderman 602 to 604 shows that Slott is a hack.

You would have to be stupid to think superior spider-man is an original idea.

#72 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogdog said:

Amazing spiderman 602 to 604 shows that Slott is hack.

You would have to be stupid to think superior spider-man is an original.

So many people are legitimately stupid. They can't work out that just because they enjoy something that doesn't mean it's good. Their egos are so insane that if something impresses them, then it has to be amazing.

Idiots.

#73 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211 said:

@master_of_suprise said:

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

All of the stories mentioned have elements that are similar but are not just like Superior. A lot of the stories you guys listed are really just stories were the hero dies and is replaced, or the hero gets mind controlled. There's thousands of stories like that. That one thing similar doesn't make the story just the same.

Just FYI that was not intended to sound rude I apologize if it sounds harsh, I just think you have your view and you will not move from it no mater what.

#74 Posted by frogdog (3252 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: that's my reaction to every star wars thread, that has somebody defending the prequels.

#75 Posted by PunyParker (11148 posts) - - Show Bio

#76 Posted by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

@master_of_suprise said:

@night_thrasher said:

@spider11211 said:

@night_thrasher said:

Just FYI that was not intended to sound rude I apologize if it sounds harsh, I just think you have your view and you will not move from it no mater what.

No need, it's cool. I'm not inflexible but the stories you mention are similar. That much I'll give you, but not the same. There are key elements that separate Superior from the other stories. To me Batman R.I.P. and Captain America: Reborn are almost the exact same story. But both are different from Superior because the villain isn't becoming the hero. Darkseid or Red Skull didn't put on the Batman or Captain America mask and say "I'm going to do this better". Kraven's Last Hunt and Knightfall are almost the same story. But they aren't quite like Superior because of the same reason. There are similar elements, but they are different enough for me to say they aren't the same.

#77 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by Night Thrasher (3690 posts) - - Show Bio