• 77 results
#1 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the Spiderman writers of recent times, aside those two, who has done it best, and where are they now?

#2 Edited by frogdog (2998 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Kelly

JMS

Rodger Stern

Matt Fraction

Slott is far the best spider-man

#3 Posted by Ninjablade09 (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost, currently doing Superior Spider-man Team-up.

#4 Posted by 8008S (298 posts) - - Show Bio

JMS ftw!

#5 Posted by wrthreeh (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost and JMS

* U *

#6 Edited by spider11211 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost and JMS

#7 Posted by Mucklefluga (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

Yooooosssstttt.

#8 Edited by VeganDiet (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost, JMS, technically Stern, and Fraction's single issue was better than Slott's whole run.

Also-Waid and Wells.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27419 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee

#10 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by spider11211 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee is the man!

#12 Posted by PunyParker (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Yost.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27419 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

JMS>Bendis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Slott.

Stern is great but I wouldn't call him recent.

#15 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

JMS.

#16 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

JMS's run was garbage

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP must be high to say Slott and Bendis wrote the best. Surely.

I like Joe Kelly's Spidey stuff. That's always fun.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (16058 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP must be high to say Slott and Bendis wrote the best. Surely.

I like Joe Kelly's Spidey stuff. That's always fun.

If you say Kelly's Spider-Man stuff is good, that's high praise indeed. He's my second favourite writer after Morrison but I've been going back and forth on buying some of his Spider-Man. With your endorsement, that's changed certainly. I need to get some well written Peter Parker stories to wash out Slott's bad taste.

#19 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost hands down he understands everything that makes spider-man great

#20 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

Recent

1. JMS
  2. Slott
  3. Kelly
  4. Millar
  5. Yost

All time

1. Lee
  2. DeMatties
  3. Stern
  4. JMS
  5. Conway
#21 Edited by QueenCorp15 (987 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt fractions annual was better than anybody besides bendis' ultimate run this decade

#22 Posted by Strider92 (15268 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost.

And Slott is not one of the best!!!!!!

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

wait..slott and bendis the best? heh....ehehe....AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA !PFFFFFFAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!

*dies of laughter*

#24 Posted by ColonelRunAway (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Part of me wants to argue DeMatties as recent just on the backups in Grim Hunt and 700, but I'm fine with giving it to Yost.

#25 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

wait..slott and bendis the best? heh....ehehe....AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA !PFFFFFFAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!

*dies of laughter*

Requiescat en pace. Slott sends his regards, and Bendis left flowers. Guess they got the last laugh. :P

#26 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan the Man.

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:
@theacidskull said:

*dies of laughter*

Requiescat en pace. Slott sends his regards, and Bendis left flowers. Guess they got the last laugh. :P

They are no where near the best. sorry.

YOST IS THE MAN! joe kelly too!

#28 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:
@theacidskull said:

*dies of laughter*

They are no where near the best. sorry.

YOST IS THE MAN! joe kelly too!

I can't say much, I haven't really read anything other than what Slott has written. Perhaps that's why I like it so much. I've read a little bit of Scarlet Spider, and I thought it was decent at best, but he wasn't good enough to keep me from dropping the series (budget restrains, wouldn't have dropped it if I didn't have to). The thing about with Slott and Superior, is that I'm literally wonder just what is going to happen next.

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: what's gonna happen next is that slott is gonna butcher more of the spider-man's Mythos.

#30 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what's going to happen next when someone pulls a gun on me, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Hurmph.

Pouts about Superior fans

#31 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like everything spider-related that Yost writes.

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

@theacidskull: That's the fun part *evil smiles*

so Slott destroying 50 years worth of work is fun?

#34 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

yost is pretty good. kelly is fun. bendis is good, on ultimate spider-man, not 616. slott can f*** off.

#35 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: In a way yes, because imagine the stories that could be told from the aftermath. Destruction creates great potential for new things.

Though to be honest, and all bull aside some stuff has worn on me with the title. Like Smythe trying the exact same thing that Ock did. Now that I felt was lazy. Also if Slott hurts Felicia in anyway, I will be sorely pissed.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

@theacidskull: In a way yes, because imagine the stories that could be told from the aftermath. Destruction creates great potential for new things.

Though to be honest, and all bull aside some stuff has worn on me with the title. Like Smythe trying the exact same thing that Ock did. Now that I felt was lazy. Also if Slott hurts Felicia in anyway, I will be sorely pissed.

well then guess you are in it more for the story, I love peter and ock can go f*ck himself.

#37 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

well then guess you are in it more for the story, I love peter and ock can go f*ck himself.

Then what are you in it for?

#38 Edited by TheAcidSkull (15947 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

@theacidskull said:

@delphic said:

Then what are you in it for?

i don't read it anymore, i hate it.

#39 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

If you're only interested in the aftermath it shows how bad the story is because you're not actually enjoying the story that's being told.

That's one of the problems I have with Slott's stuff and how it's suppose to appeal to Pete fans as just another thing to screw over Spider-Man's life.

That and how Ock is portrayed as better than Pete instead of being obviously arrogant like he actually is.

Oh and how no one noticed that Spider-Man doesn't make jokes anymore despite that being a fundamental part of his character.

Oh and ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

But you enjoy what you want.

#40 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic said:

If you're only interested in the aftermath it shows how bad the story is because you're not actually enjoying the story that's being told.

That's one of the problems I have with Slott's stuff and how it's suppose to appeal to Pete fans as just another thing to screw over Spider-Man's life.

That and how Ock is portrayed as better than Pete instead of being obviously arrogant like he actually is.

Oh and how no one noticed that Spider-Man doesn't make jokes anymore despite that being a fundamental part of his character.

Oh and ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

But you enjoy what you want.

Thank you, and I will continue to attempt to enjoy and like I said I do have some issues with it. I don't think it's perfect at all. What I enjoy is not just the potential though. I enjoy seeing the path that things take. I don't entirely enjoy what's happening though just to clear that up. That will make it all the sweeter when Pete does come back. Those moments when the good guys finally triumph in a shitstorm of darkness is one of the greatest things I live for as a reader. Those moments when you're on the edge of your seat and going "oh no, oh no no no!" and then "Boom, good guy sweeps in saves the day, and delivers the backhand that sends the evil guy sailing across the continent" Those moments that make me jump up and scream "HELL YEAH! KICK HIS ASS!" are the best moments in comics.

Also as you know the story is written from SpOck's POV. He's always going to think he's better than Pete, but we the audience know that he's an arrogant prick.

I do think things will eventually get better, and maybe everyone is right. It probably won't happen, and we won't get that "Heck yeah!" moment till Slott is off the book. Most things work that way.

#41 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: With regards to the "better" thing, I mean he is shown handling crime "better" and is treated more like a hero for despite being less of one.

But yeah if you like it I'm not going to stop you from readin' it or anything. :)

#42 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

Yost or Kelly.Those guys both have made some great stories and seem to understand Spidey perfectly.

And how can you say that Slott is even a good Spidey writer,he ruined Spider-Man.

#43 Edited by Squalleon (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

Slott isn't even close to the best! I see him as the Scott Snyder of MARVEL (with the only difference that Snyder has talent). He was just overhyped and people were hypnotized to believe he is good.

JMS(until Sin's Past) and DeMatteis had great runs.
Yost is making a name for himself lately and Kelly had a good run too.

#44 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back. The fact is: Peter's coming back eventually. Right now Doc Ock is Spider-Man and it's a fun read. We all got knocked for a loop with ASM #700 and we can't say we've been fooled like that in a very long time. With that said the awesomeness of Peter's demise has me really excited for how awesome his return is going to be.

#45 Posted by spider11211 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back. The fact is: Peter's coming back eventually. Right now Doc Ock is Spider-Man and it's a fun read. We all got knocked for a loop with ASM #700 and we can't say we've been fooled like that in a very long time. With that said the awesomeness of Peter's demise has me really excited for how awesome his return is going to be.

Unique story...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tumblr_m9trliI2kZ1rxlmf0o1_400.gif

#46 Posted by Night Thrasher (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

Unique story...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Challenge: Name a story like it with a character this high profile.

#47 Posted by Squalleon (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what's up with all the Slott bashing? He's telling a unique story that everyone knows is going to end eventually. Right now I'm loving Superior Spider-Man and can't wait to see how we get Peter back.

His "best" story the Spider Island arc was mediocre at best.
Personally i don't judge him only for his superior spiderman but his mishandling of characters to suit his needs.
I wouldn't hate superior if it wasn't such a bad read. Slott completely humiliate Peter to write his Fan-Fiction.

#48 Posted by spider11211 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

Shall I name more and movies?

#49 Edited by spider11211 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for fun..Thor

Daredevil

The Skrull invasion...the list goes on

photo birthday-party.gif

#50 Posted by Veshark (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis might be referring to his USM run....which is pretty awesome.