#1 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Another theory, not necessarily about Peter's return, but about Otto's undoing. I remember hearing about a Teen Titans comic where Donna Troy came back to life (again) but this time she was based on Wally West's memory of her. Maybe Ghost Peter was Otto's memory of Peter. This memory of Otto's sort of gained consciousness because of Peter's leftover memories. He defeated Ghost Peter because Ghost Peter represented who Otto believes Peter was, inferior. However there might be an undoing in destroying his own memory in the process of deleting Peter's. Maybe he will have trouble in school, in the process of getting Peter's doctorate. His brain will slowly drain sort of like Tony Stark in siege or like with Doom and Dr.Banner. Losing his "superiority" in the process.

This could lead to Peter's return some how but that's another story. What do you all think?

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad. But I really want Peter to return triumphant. He must defeat somehow Otto.

#3 Posted by PunyParker (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: WHO CARES???

I want Peter to sit down and eat popcorn while Ock's midget girl is serving him beer,and watch Dock Strange beat the snot out of Ock's spirit...then put him in another body and,then, all the Avengers and Xmen together are beating him to death.

I dont care how he comes back.....as long as he accually returnes.....which seems unlikely for the time being.

#4 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: I think Otto will probably defeat himself. Switching minds can't be a harmless process.

#5 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2: That sounds nice and interesting!

#6 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Oc chokes while eating a potato chip, while he has a lack of oxygen he weakens his minds defenses and Peter fights his way back. Peter then finds Dan Slott and slaps him for his silly story.

(No real harm or threat intended to Dan Slott from this post).

#7 Edited by PunyParker (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

(No real harm or threat intended to Dan Slott from this post).

Damn!...

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16729 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

@phaedrusgr: I think Otto will probably defeat himself. Switching minds can't be a harmless process.

What we have to remember here is that all Ock has done is transfer his memories over to Peter's body. Otto Octavius himself is dead. Memories are just chemicals in our brains and Ock just put copies of his inside Peter's mind. Suffice to say we are not following Otto Octavius as Spider-man we are in fact following a brainwashed Peter Parker who thinks he is Doc Ock. Because there was no magic involved there is no literal body swap.

He's basically been implanted with a life (Otto's) he thinks he's lived when all it is, is that Otto has placed his memories in Peter's body. We're just following a brainwashed Peter Parker right now nothing more.

#9 Posted by PunyParker (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

What we have to remember here is that all Ock has done is transfer his memories over to Peter's body. Otto Octavius himself is dead. Memories are just chemicals in our brains and Ock just put copies of his inside Peter's mind. Suffice to say we are not following Otto Octavius as Spider-man we are in fact following a brainwashed Peter Parker who thinks he is Doc Ock. Because there was no magic involved there is no literal body swap.

He's basically been implanted with a life (Otto's) he thinks he's lived when all it is, is that Otto has placed his memories in Peter's body. We're just following a brainwashed Peter Parker right now nothing more.

All these theories are useless.....Slott minds his own bussiness,and doesnt give a crap.

#10 Posted by Spideysense44 (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

great thread and i hope so

#11 Posted by 8008S (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: Sounds like the easiest way out of it, but I think that this is a case of "what you see is what you get"; plus there are things that wouldn't make sense, like why was Ghost Peter there without Otto knowing about it in the first second? If he were a fictional image of Peter Otto created to feel better about himself, how can he be completely oblivious of his existence for a while?

#12 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I do hope that you're right. That would make more sense to me and it would be more...dramatic, if I may say so. But, I'm not quite sure...

This Spiderman will be the cause of something really "evil"! I don't think Marvel would be so sick to connect somehow Peter Parker to the death of many (All the lives...). D..n you, Slott.

#13 Posted by w0nd (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@soduh2 said:

All these theories are useless.....Slott minds his own bussiness,and doesnt give a crap.

pretty much this. A brain washed peter Parker.

#14 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

What if that is Peter was a clone and that was fail safe to make sure the clone thinks like he or she is Peter. The scientist Jackal who made the clones was insane. We never bother found out who was the real Peter Parker we just roll with it because we got tired of that too long arc.

#15 Posted by Ryagan (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

Dan Slott did plant some evidence that Peter will be back eventually, even though issue #9 assured us it wouldn't be for a while. Keep in mind that Black Widow still has that drawing from Peter, and Carlie Cooper still knows the truth.

#16 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan: Hey, could you remind me when did this (Black Widow/drawing) happen? I remember reading it, I can't remember when/where exactly.

#17 Posted by PunyParker (11983 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is another ghost theory:

Otto makes a Dan Slott fart (a big nasty one that lingers and makes you sick) and releases the ghost of Peter. Peter goes up Otto's nose and the stench of such a nasty fart weakens Otto and Peter takes over again.

#19 Posted by Ryagan (1215 posts) - - Show Bio

@phaedrusgr: It's in issue 8, I believe. Peter took over his body temporarily and was able to draw a picture of Spider-Man's head and a picture that was supposed to represent Doc Ock, but Black Widow said something to the extent of, "Wow, that's a really bad picture of a spider."

#20 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@spider11211: lol, man...that was disgusting, still better than Slott's writing though, haha...