#1 Edited by csanders984 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

After deciding to use the Marvel Now initiative as an excuse to get back into comic books, I fell in love with the Superior Spider-man title. It's got everything I love except one thing... Peter Parker. The real Peter Parker. As a child of the 90's I loved the Fox Kids animated series and when I read the books back in the day I always imagined the character with that vocal inflection, something Toby Miguire can never take away from me.

Beyond that though, I found myself just enjoying the character of Peter just as much as Spider-man. But this new Spider-Man, the Superior one makes it difficult for me to hold the same level of fanfare. Don't get me wrong, the writing is excellent, but I've come to both adore and detest the edgier Spider-man. As such I was inspired to make a video in which I argued with myself on this very subject.

I thought it'd be a fun way to engage others and ultimately ask, which Spider-man is truly superior? One with a firm balance or one that's efficient but deadly?

Let's discuss.

#2 Posted by HumanRocket (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Spock refer to himself as inferior by the end of issue 19 made me smile so imma go with Peter.

#3 Posted by jcolesamuels (25 posts) - - Show Bio

goin with peter on this. it stands to reason that peter's inventions are his solutions to his problems. so it would stand to believe now that he had a job and resources available that he could do with what he had wanted with that he could have made any of the improvements that otto himself had. so i can't really pass any of otto's achievements on the tec. but his spider henchmen and his spider tanks are the exception. getting help is the only thing otto has done that peter apparently never thought of. and considering that he was a hero in their eye before he died. and could have asked the police for help maybe otto's only true win.

#4 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter. No Peter, no spidey for me. Couldn't put it more simple.

#5 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is a lot better. I.M.O

#6 Posted by csanders984 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Wana know something interesting, so far you guys are the first ones to say this. Most people that I've shown this video too have gone with Otto, where as I still root for Peter because I enjoyed him as a person.

#7 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Here in comic vine, we're mostly Peter-centered, haha

#8 Edited by PunyParker (12194 posts) - - Show Bio

@csanders984:

@phaedrusgr said:

@phaedrusgr said:

Here in comic vine, we're mostly Peter-centered, haha

@master_of_suprise said:

Peter is a lot better. I.M.O

Pete is Spider-Man,superior Spider-Man is just a story of the many in Peter Parker's lore.That's the way it is.That's the way it should be handeled.

BTW : The polar bear being the one supporting Superior is totally wrong.... :P

#9 Posted by frogdog (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter

Otto will be forgotten after superior is finished

#10 Posted by PunyParker (12194 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Peter

The question now is how will they "revive" Ock....Peter will return,ok...but how will Ock return?!

#11 Edited by JasonHawke (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by frogdog (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Peter

The question now is how will they "revive" Ock....Peter will return,ok...but how will Ock return?!

They will bring back female doc ock and have otto do a last min mind swap.

#13 Edited by joshmightbe (25003 posts) - - Show Bio

@csanders984: of course they went for Otto. Younger fans don't care that he murdered a real hero to get where he is they just want edgy for the sake of being edgy.

#14 Posted by PunyParker (12194 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@punyparker said:

@frogdog said:

Peter

They will bring back female doc ock and have otto do a last min mind swap.

Yeah,this will probably become a "thing" now......Smythe tried it on Ock,remember?! :P

#15 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this even a debate?

#17 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this even a debate?

Given the sales and apparent popularity on this guy's video for Ock, it unfortunately is :(

#18 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

Is this even a debate?

Given the sales and apparent popularity on this guy's video for Ock, it unfortunately is :(

*facepalm*

#19 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

i just wish there was a way to keep both. i love all of the spider titles right now i just wish we had a peter one as well.

#20 Edited by darthfury78 (926 posts) - - Show Bio

i just wish there was a way to keep both. i love all of the spider titles right now i just wish we had a peter one as well.

If Peter was still around, would Superior Spider-Man even exist? For SSM to work, Slott needed to kill off Peter and replace him with Dr. Ock...Otherwise, the sales figure wouldn't be as high as it is now. Had Kelly Sue applied this formula to Captain Marvel, the title would not need another reluanch; would it?

#21 Posted by ComicStooge (13730 posts) - - Show Bio

...I kinda like Otto.

Minus his love life, though.