PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker: How is it a poor story premise? It's not like it's following the movie like the past movie games. It's telling it's own story with the events of the film happening as well.

Yea yeah,okay,im just frustrated they can't make a comicbook game with an indipendent story...

As of now they don't have the rights, and Disney probably wont put out any games for awhile.

But when they do,i am 100% certain it will be a comicbook one.......(Spidey game)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By SmashBrawler

@punyparker said:

Parker runs into Harry Osborn, and they begin to talk. Players can choose between several dialog options.

This sounds so unnecessary and out of place.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Parker runs into Harry Osborn, and they begin to talk. Players can choose between several dialog options.

It so does....
What is this,Sly Cooper in disguise?!....(hope you get the reference :P )

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@smashbrawler said:

@punyparker said:

It so does....

What I mean is, this is a Spider-Man game, not an RPG. It's like they let you choose what Batman says in the Arkham games. I don't want to choose between nice, sarcastic and mean options, I want to hear what Peter Parker would say. I'm not even sure what were they thinking when they put this in the game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@smashbrawler said:

@punyparker said:

It so does....

What I mean is, this is a Spider-Man game, not an RPG. It's like they let you choose what Batman says in the Arkham games. I don't want to choose between nice, sarcastic and mean options, I want to hear what Peter Parker would say. I'm not even sure what were they thinking when they put this in the game.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By nightwing817

The game sounds great and I love the fact that the implemented a dodge feature. The only thing that worries me is the swinging. I understand we have to use both triggers for both hands, but the way they describe it doesn't sound very good. Also I want to know if spidey will actually SPRINT this time around. That is part of what made spider-man 2 so fun, and he seemed kind of slow in the last game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game sounds great and I love the fact that the implemented a dodge feature. The only thing that worries me is the swinging. I understand we have to use both triggers for both hands, but the way they describe it doesn't sound very good. Also I want to know if spidey will actually SPRINT this time around. That is part of what made spider-man 2 so fun, and he seemed kind of slow in the last game.

Sprint was over since Spidey 3.
Beenox won't have it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
  • Looks surprisingly alright.
  • Camera is more distant.....yay and thank you.
  • There ARE some momments where you ask "from where did he connect the web?!...."
  • He moves a bit smoother....

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By nightwing817

@punyparker: this looks pretty good.. Wish we got more of a straightforward gameplay video instead of it being chopped up like that. Anyways, the game looks solid but there's one thing that kind of irks me. It looks like it's just spider-man: arkham city instead of being the amazing spider-man. What I mean is that they are taking so much from that game I think it's taking away from who spider-man actually is. I mean the brute=Titan monster new fighting mechanics almost copy arkhams to a T, and the lady with the swords? Come on that's almost copy and paste from the game. I also don't like the stealth in this game. I'm not the spidey enthusiast so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he does stealth like that all the time. If people have guns and threaten to shoot him, I'm pretty sure he just goes at them and dodges te bullets.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: this looks pretty good.. Wish we got more of a straightforward gameplay video instead of it being chopped up like that. Anyways, the game looks solid but there's one thing that kind of irks me. It looks like it's just spider-man: arkham city instead of being the amazing spider-man. What I mean is that they are taking so much from that game I think it's taking away from who spider-man actually is. I mean the brute=Titan monster new fighting mechanics almost copy arkhams to a T, and the lady with the swords? Come on that's almost copy and paste from the game. I also don't like the stealth in this game. I'm not the spidey enthusiast so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he does stealth like that all the time. If people have guns and threaten to shoot him, I'm pretty sure he just goes at them and dodges te bullets.

Exacly.....and they did it witht he firast one too,and it didn't work!!...
Hope this is good.....picking it up ,along with Arkham Knight,on Christmas!! :P
I'd get for PS3 but i'll get a PS4 next X-Mas and Batman......Spidey 2 will be like 20 bucks then...

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker I think Beenox has forgotten that Spider-man actually has superpowers. I mean I understand that there has to be different enemy types for him to go up against in combat but seriously no ordinary human should be stronger OR faster than him. If they have upgraded DNA or tech then I understand but spider-man shouldn't have any trouble punching a brute in the face and knocking him out, or moving fast than the sword lady. Instead of just taking stuff from AC and remodeling it, they should have incorporated different stuff into his arsenal of combat. Make him go up against enemy types that actually justify him having trouble.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker I think Beenox has forgotten that Spider-man actually has superpowers. I mean I understand that there has to be different enemy types for him to go up against in combat but seriously no ordinary human should be stronger OR faster than him. If they have upgraded DNA or tech then I understand but spider-man shouldn't have any trouble punching a brute in the face and knocking him out, or moving fast than the sword lady. Instead of just taking stuff from AC and remodeling it, they should have incorporated different stuff into his arsenal of combat. Make him go up against enemy types that actually justify him having trouble.

Exacly.
I literally have nothing to add.

The Arkham games are awesome,because they're the perfect environment for Batman......Spider-Man needs something different.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker I think it would be cool for spider-man to not be tied to any movies, and not really have an overarching plot to his story. Just give us an open world with a whole bunch of random missions to take part in. I mean any random mission you could think of. Burning buildings, car chases, muggings, bank robberies, and at some random moments you encounter super villains to take down. I think that would better serve a spider-man game than the one they're trying to adapt now. I think that is more of what spider-man is. The replay value would be incredible because there would just be endless crimes for you to partake in. Maybe there could be an overarching plot, but I think the things I listed should still be in the game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker I think it would be cool for spider-man to not be tied to any movies, and not really have an overarching plot to his story. Just give us an open world with a whole bunch of random missions to take part in. I mean any random mission you could think of. Burning buildings, car chases, muggings, bank robberies, and at some random moments you encounter super villains to take down. I think that would better serve a spider-man game than the one they're trying to adapt now. I think that is more of what spider-man is. The replay value would be incredible because there would just be endless crimes for you to partake in. Maybe there could be an overarching plot, but I think the things I listed should still be in the game.

Spider-Man needs a decent,free-roam comicbook game.The last one was in 2008 (WoS)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not gonna say much don't have enough to judge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Miles' suit I see? :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

Is that Miles' suit I see? :)

Yes.

Not gonna say much don't have enough to judge.

No Caption Provided

:P ;)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turtleblizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By turtleblizzard

This is one of the few upcoming games I have any interest in, but I'm starting to think this won't be THAT game either. Like many I loved SM2 and felt like they could build the perfect SM game on that, but it hasn't happened yet.

To me that perfect SM game needs the next 3 things:

1) New York. NY is the home and perfect setting for Spiderman. The environment has already been almost perfected in SM2, 3 and TASM. There could however be more flashy ads, realistic traffic and better sense of congestion.

2) Spiderman's abilities. Spiderman can crawl on walls, swing on webs, fire web balls, use web like slingshot, hang on web and do all sorts of things with it. He can also jump, dodge, fight and generally move around magically. These things have also been nearly perfect since SM2.

3) Other characters. Spiderman alone gets only so far. Aunt May, Mary Jane, J.Jonah are important characters, but in a video game they aren't enough. A good action game needs villains. Open SM games have had them, but they've been pretty lackluster. If a spiderman game can have the entire NY and entire Spidey moveset why can't it have the entire villain gallery? I think this is where they have to improve. Villains should also appear in random crime missions even after the plot is completed. Green Goblin, Doc Ock and the others have a habit of coming back again and again. I don't want to play the scripted story over and over just to fight them again. And of course they need to work on the villains as well. Doc Ock is pretty boring when he is just hopelessly trying to catch up to you so he can maul you with his tentacles, when he could be throwing cars, mailboxes and other junk he often does in comics, tv shows or such.

The plots in SM2 and 3 were terribly disconnected and unimmersive so the first thing they should do is to make it one linear plot instead of having mission markers littered all around the city long distance from each other. In beginning the game introduces villains and pits Spiderman against them one by one while varying up the gameplay. In one segment Spidey fights Scorpion around the town, in other he tracks down Lizard, in third he has to deduct who Chameleon is disguised as, in fourth he has to use his athelticsm and puzzle solving to overcome Mysterio's hall of traps... Eventually villains start to communicate with each other and the plot thickens. The Playstation 1 games were pretty good at this.

I don't really care about the early story details atleast yet, but here's what I'd vision the things to end like, just to give the basic idea of where the game should lead:

##################

...The defeated villains gather at Kingpin's office. Kingpin proposes that they work together to smoke Spiderman out.

Peter is spending night with Mary Jane when he starts he hear loud noises outside and instantly goes to check it out as Spiderman. He immediately sees explosions around the city, giant Mysterio illusions illuminating in the dark night sky, heavily armed mercs and doombots running on the lit streets and other villains like Sandman, Rhino, Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Venom, Scorpion, Beetle and Big Wheel wreacking havoc around the city smashing and throwing cars, killing people and destroying other property.

Once Spiderman has defeated any three of the villains, Hobgoblin appears on his glider, but soon Captain America's shield flies on screen and knocks him off his glider. Screen turns and shows Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Daredevil, Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm approaching. They talk about how things have gotten out of hand and say that Peter should go meet Kingpin while they deal with the other villains.

Spidey manages to enter Kingpin's heavily fortified and guarded headquarters. The 2 fight and when Kingpin is defeated Spiderman checks the data and realizes Kingpin couldn't have managed this all on his own. He sees something and rushes towards Baxter Building.

In Baxter Building Spidey sees Fantastic Four defeated and Doctor Doom standing in the middle. Doom notices him, talks about how surprisingly resourceful he is, talks a bit about his plans and attacks. Spidey defeats him inside the building, which causes Doom to unleash a powerful blast that crumbles the floor. Spidey escapes but Doom is flying right behind to the streets below. Doom unleashes all sorts of beams, missiles and radial blasts at Spidey. Iron Man approaches, but Doom shoots him down. Cyclops shoots a beam at Doom, but he doesn't even flinch and just strikes back with his own blast knocking Cyclops out. Hulk leaps at Doom, but Doom hits him with a powerful uppercut launching Hulk high in air out of the area. Spiderman is able to survive because of his ability to evade Doom's attacks and returning a quick jab here and there. Ultimately Doom goes down.

And once the game is over you can still occassionally bump into Mysterio, Carnage, Hammerhead, Electro etc. So on top of the rather boring thug robberies and hostage situations the real villains enter to spice up the random missions.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Eh, I don't really care about anything Greg says. Most of the guys over at IGN are biased anyway.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Eh, I don't really care about anything Greg says. Most of the guys over at IGN are biased anyway.

I like the dude!....and he's a Spidey fan!
And his reviews are incredibly honest.......ASM was a 7.....and as i hear,he's not too excited about this one too.....like me.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: IMO the only thing good about that game was it gave you multiple choices in that game and you could switch in between costumes.Atleast for me the game was very very reptitive,Im downloading AMS I heard it has some stealth elements hope its good.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Nah, Greg overhypes most things, that and it seems he was let down by the fact that they are using a X-box 360 for the marketing which is pretty stupid.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he was let down by the fact that they are using a X-box 360 for the marketing which is pretty stupid.

It so totally is,but he said they were concentrating on this version more,so......

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

he was let down by the fact that they are using a X-box 360 for the marketing which is pretty stupid.

It so totally is,but he said they were concentrating on this version more,so......

I mean it's a stupid reason to be let down. I think it's great because that's the console I want to buy it on, so plus for me.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

I mean it's a stupid reason to be let down. I think it's great because that's the console I want to buy it on, so plus for me.

And now im wondering...if they were concentrating on the "old-gen" more,then the PS4 release is an old-school cash grab,right?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

And now im wondering...if they were concentrating on the "old-gen" more,then the PS4 release is an old-school cash grab,right?

I wouldn't say so because the "old-gen" is $10 cheaper so I look at it as getting a discount. The PS4 will probably look the better. Plus it's probably easier to run gameplay and such on "older-gen" because of video capture and stuff. Taking a screen shot is one thing but running an all in game trailer and gameplay is different.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

I wouldn't say so because the "old-gen" is $10 cheaper so I look at it as getting a discount. The PS4 will probably look the better. Plus it's probably easier to run gameplay and such on "older-gen" because of video capture and stuff. Taking a screen shot is one thing but running an all in game trailer and gameplay is different.

Yeah,exacly.....Rocksteady has shown us what the "current-gen" is really capable of,so now noone can fool us with mediocre,"just-a-little-bit" better graphics games.....

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By flameboy298

I just played the First one The Amazing Spiderman and its probably the best spiderman game I've ever played and the graphics are pretty good too on PC

Avatar image for theblackpeterparker
TheBlackPeterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackpeterparker: This and Spider-Man Web of Shadows are the only Spider-man game's I've ever played.Maybe its just me but this game really made feel like I was Spider-Man swinging around in New York and the combat is flawless I just loved it.

Avatar image for theblackpeterparker
TheBlackPeterParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackpeterparker: This and Spider-Man Web of Shadows are the only Spider-man game's I've ever played.Maybe its just me but this game really made feel like I was Spider-Man swinging around in New York and the combat is flawless I just loved it.

Haha, you def need to play Spider-Man 2 for Playstaion 2/Gamecube/Xbox then. It blows TASM out of the water. (Well, combat isn't as good but it's still one of the best games I've ever played)

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

What if they go all arkham on us and gives us the spider-mobile!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if they go all arkham on us and gives us the spider-mobile!!!

BEST
THING
EVER!!!!!!

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/27/the-amazing-spider-man-2-ps4-video-walkthrough/

Developer Walkthrough Trailer

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/27/the-amazing-spider-man-2-ps4-video-walkthrough/

Developer Walkthrough Trailer

Loading Video...

@ninjablade09

• Swinging indeed feels smoth as silk.
  • Acrobatics.Good.
  • "Hop on the train and go to May's house"....is it only me,who screams QUEENS!!!!!!!?
  • Peter looks nothing like Garfield.Good.
  • In Pete's room there's a poster that says "Parkour" .......an homage to the pun "Peter Parkour" ... :P
  • The "open areas" are a cop-out of the Arkham Series.
  • Superior Spider-Man. (!!)
  • You fight the fvcking Kingpin in a warehouse.............................................................
  • We STILL don't know who's voicing the damn Spider-Man...

Looks like ASM1 with tweaks.......i guess it'll be a good 20$ purchase,next Christmas...

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Game looks amazing! Im blown away,I hope the story will be interesting aswell,I dont know what im more pumped for this or Arkham Knight.

Just Wow!!! Definitely going to have to get this

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont know what im more pumped for this or Arkham Knight.

Seriously?......You don't know?.....really?....are you serious with this?........

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well this game does look pretty awesome man for a Spider man game.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "open areas" are a cop-out of the Arkham Series.

This makes no sense at all. Like in any way you say, it still wont make sense. Do you know what cop-out means?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: Well this game does look pretty awesome man for a Spider man game.

Well,yueah,but it won't be any different than ASM.....and Arkham Knight is a guarantee GOTY.....so,no comparison.

@punyparker said:

This makes no sense at all. Like in any way you say, it still wont make sense. Do you know what cop-out means?

Cop-Out = a direct copy.

You mean the thing i said doesn't make sense,or how i said it?

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: WON'T BE ANY DIFFERENT.....OMG............

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

how are open areas a cop out?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cop-Out = a direct copy.

You mean the thing i said doesn't make sense,or how i said it?

No a cop-out is taking the easy way out, a direct copy is a rip-off. What I'm saying is both the sentence is wrong, and what you're saying is wrong.

How is an open area levels a rip-off of the Arkham games? They have been around forever, and have been in Spider-Man games before.It's a week argument.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By flameboy298

Maybe I am the only person in this thread overly excited about this game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09: I have read that a cop-out is "cop(copy) - out(taking out off) " that's why im insisting.....

A room full of armed people who you need to take out silently,was used first in the Arkham games as a superhero game format.That's why im saying it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this looks great, and is probably the game I'm most excited for. Playing a Peter looks fun, and the fact we can go to the Parker household is awesome. Swinging looks smooth, and it actually looks like New York.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I have read that a cop-out is "cop(copy) - out(taking out off) " that's why im insisting.....

A room full of armed people who you need to take out silently,was used first in the Arkham games as a format.That's why im saying it.

That is wrong on so many levels.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Yeah it looks awesome!Did you play the first?What did you think about it?