Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@deranged_midget: Dang, made private. Okay, it will probably be shown again tomorrow so I'll update my post. Thanks for letting me know.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Dang, made private. Okay, it will probably be shown again tomorrow so I'll update my post. Thanks for letting me know.

It's all good bruh, thanks though!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Ninjablade09

@deranged_midget said:

@ninjablade09 said:

It's all good bruh, thanks though!

No problem. There are some stills in this vid if you want to get an idea of what it looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1JtXJUHgIE but it does tell you what the trailer is about though. Probably better to watch the official release.

Edit: Original post updated with a public vid,for now at least lol

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@deranged_midget: @punyparker: @geekbait: The trailer has dropped my friends! Game play is very similar to ASM, it looks like ASM in a sense the way he movies and stands especially. No word on voice actor but the trailer has a very familiar face voicing over.

Loading Video...

p.s @punyparker they may have taken your web yo-yo suggestion, or it was part of the original plan.

Wow...really?......wow....

I see ASM until now.....and if you think i can't judge the gameplay,and that i am bashing the game before-hand and ALL this stuff you've been blaming on me,okay.
Story-wise.Kraven.....teaching Peter to be a hunter.......ok,uh....no.

I see ASM,will slightly better graphics.....seriously.
And what's all this secrecy about the voice actor?!....WHY!?....they did the same wit hthe Riegel guy!...why guys!??

3 months......for this?!.....wow.I'm in awe.In a negative way.

@geekbait said:

@ninjablade09: THIS LOOKS SICK!!

No it doesn't.

Personally, it doesn't look as good as I thought it might be. Just the look alone feels very ASMish and that bothers me. The Peter Parker is literally a re-skin of the vigilante suit from the first game with a new head so that bothers me. I think Spidey looks way to lanky, he looks fine in a neutral position but when he is swinging he looks weird. What bothers me the most though is that it looks like they are trying to put stealth as a primary function again. That's a huge mistake and one of the biggest problem with ASM. They didn't really give you a choice to either be stealthy or all out fight. But the gameplay looks fluid and doesn't bother me to much that it's an updated version of the first games. The city looks and feels bigger. Hopefully it's more realistic as well like adding more landmarks that are in NY such as Grand Central. I kinda wish they showed more of the web mechanics they have been taking about. How it looks and how it's different.

Edit: Also I like that Oscorp looks like it did in the movie unlike the first game. For some reason I had a huge problem with that. Plus if we get the first movie suit(no belt), which we should, I hope now that we are in next gen we can have the lights on the web shooters light up.

Graphics are low quality and it seems they can do nothing about it.......Spider-Man 3 looked better.

I'm dissapointed.
And mainly i agree with ya.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Actually, the graphics are nice and clean for some parts. Some of the actual gameplay looks good and fluid. I think it looks like that for a read, as by the looks of it, the engine they are running it on is a combo of the ASM one and one they might have used for a comic book style game. To say that Spider-Man 3 looked better is just bashing for the sake of it. You even just said it looks like ASM but slightly better, well that's because it's the same engine.

About the voice actor they will announce it soon. They said the dude has worked with the before most games don't announce a full cast for awhile, if at all.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wherefore art thou, Web of Shadows 2? How I yearn for thee...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, looking basically as I expected. I was hoping to see a more detailed look of the web-swinging though. The new costume looks pretty great, the city definitely has a larger look to it (which corrects one of my problems with the original). It's hard to judge this trailer because it's just a lot of cinematic actions quickly cut together. I'm reserving any further thoughts for a closer look or at least a more in-depth walkthrough.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker: Actually, the graphics are nice and clean for some parts. Some of the actual gameplay looks good and fluid. I think it looks like that for a read, as by the looks of it, the engine they are running it on is a combo of the ASM one and one they might have used for a comic book style game. To say that Spider-Man 3 looked better is just bashing for the sake of it. You even just said it looks like ASM but slightly better, well that's because it's the same engine.

About the voice actor they will announce it soon. They said the dude has worked with them before most games don't announce a full cast for awhile, if at all.

No.They said the dude has voiced Spider-Man before.....not that he worked with them.

And look at the webs!!...they are comicbooky/PS1 SM game-ish......at least SM3 had nice looking webs....
And Spidey looked neat.

But i give you that.....OsCorp tower and the first 10 secs in the game look preety cool.Spidey looks cool.As always.
I still have high hopes for this.....i just judge by what i see.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahem....

Kraven Stalks The First Trailer For The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game

Cunning, resourceful and deadly, spiders are some of nature's most perfect predators. Movie universe Peter Parker has potential, but he's going to need help to hone his abilities. Enter Kraven the Hunter, teaching stalking 101 in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game. P

Kraven the Hunter is one of Spider-Man's most memorable villains, largely thanks to the spectacular "Kraven's Last Hunt" story that ran in the webslingers' various comic book titles in the late 80s. In it obsessed hunter Segei Kravinoff's finally captures and seemingly kills the ultimate game — Spider-Man himself. Kraven then dons Spider-Man's costume and goes on a brutal crime-fighting spree, proving himself a "superior" version of the hero decades before Doctor Octopus took his turn. The "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline famously ended with the villain committing suicide — I still remember the chill I felt reading the issue. Powerful stuff, which would have been even more powerful had they not resurrected him several times since. Comics. Hmph. P

I doubt the version of Kraven we see and hear narrating this first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game will go out with quite as profound a bang. If anything he seems like a teacher to Peter Parker, instructing him in the art of the hunt.

Still the obsessive hunter, of course, but a bit more realistic, in keeping with the movie universe. No lion faces on his pecs, sadly. Maybe we'll get some special costume DLC to fix that.

The rest of what we're seeing in the trailer looks a great deal like the game tie-in for the first Amazing Spider-Man film. That same borderline-nauseating close-up web-swinging camera, the gymnastic combat take-downs — I'm not seeing much in the way of advancement, really, but it's still early days. P

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game from Activision and developer Beenox should be arriving on every console imaginable in time for the second movie's May 2 release.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ninjablade09 said:

About the voice actor they will announce it soon. They said the dude has worked with them before most games don't announce a full cast for awhile, if at all.

No.They said the dude has voiced Spider-Man before.....not that he worked with them.

And look at the webs!!...they are comicbooky/PS1 SM game-ish......at least SM3 had nice looking webs....

And Spidey looked neat.

But i give you that.....OsCorp tower and the first 10 secs in the game look preety cool.Spidey looks cool.As always.

That's what I meant.

Totally, the webs definitely need to be fixed.

The stills look nice. But while I think the looks of the suit, looks exactly the movie, but he is too lanky.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

And Spidey looked neat.

That's what I meant.

Totally, the webs definitely need to be fixed.

The stills look nice. But while I think the looks of the suit, looks exactly the movie, but he is too lanky.

Good.

They wont,and you know it...

No,no Spidey's always skinny-like.....(well except Bagley's 90s Spider-Man who was a bodybuilder)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Eh, I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. I don't think the game will suck; it will probably be at least pretty decent like the 1st was.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: It's not the skinny I have the problem with, it's the skinny/height proportions I don't care for that much. He is tall but really skinny and it looks off. If they were to beef him up slightly then that would be fine. I think the model they are using for this game would work better with the ASM suit, and the build from the last game would look better for this.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Eh, I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. I don't think the game will suck; it will probably be at least pretty decent like the 1st was.

It's be decent.
The thing is we need a fantastic game....the world is full of mediocre Spider-Man games....

@punyparker: It's not the skinny I have the problem with, it's the skinny/height proportions I don't care for that much. He is tall but really skinny and it looks off. If they were to beef him up slightly then that would be fine. I think the model they are using for this game would work better with the ASM suit, and the build from the last game would look better for this.

ASM Spider-Man was taller than Lizard and it was VERY off.....hope they even remotely fix it.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: True that! But from what I've heard/seen, it seems like it'll be pretty good. Hopefully the story mode is a little longer, though. I felt like the 1st game was too short.

I really wish they'd make an enhanced remake of the 2000 PS1/N64 game...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I think that was more with the Lizard's character model, they tried to give him the height of comic book Lizard.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: True that! But from what I've heard/seen, it seems like it'll be pretty good. Hopefully the story mode is a little longer, though. I felt like the 1st game was too short.

I really wish they'd make an enhanced remake of the 2000 PS1/N64 game...

It wont be longer....unfortunatelly ASM was the best they could do.....they said it themselves.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I think that was more with the Lizard's character model, they tried to give him the height of comic book Lizard.

In the movie he was like 2-3 feet taller than Pete......it was very annoying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Damn. Then Manhattan should be a little livelier with more stuff to do (they said it was going to be, didn't they?). After beating the 1st there was really nothing to do but swing around. That was fun for a while, but it got boring quick.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Damn. Then Manhattan should be a little livelier with more stuff to do (they said it was going to be, didn't they?). After beating the 1st there was really nothing to do but swing around. That was fun for a while, but it got boring quick.

It will be...i hope.

ASM was a mediocre Spider-Man game.Didn't like it much.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if the black webbing at 1:08 has anything to do with the hero or menace system. Also if you pay attention in that same scene, you will notice the plaza sign disappears. Plus the end of the monolog by Kraven reminds me of Batman Begins. "Never forget what you do defines who you are." "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman games are a hit or miss. This one looks decent so lets hope for the best. The graphics look iffy sometimes though

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Building a Better Playground

+ Posted by Stephane Gravel // Executive Producer, Beenox

Spider-Man is pretty incredible among super heroes. Rather than hide away from the world when confronted with the death of a loved one, he uses that very personal loss as motivation to invest even greater in society. Spider-Man can tango with street thugs, mutant hybrids, and mechanical monstrosities, but he’s not above your everyday cat-in-tree rescue. He doesn’t have a secret lair or concealed base of operations; he’s just a guy in bright blue and red tights doing mid-air somersaults down Fifth Avenue. He wants to be seen. He enjoys this.

We had a few core goals for The Amazing Spider-Man 2: invigorate the experience with greater variety in play, more focused storytelling, and more natural pacing; deliver a world worth protecting; and finally, give you all the tools you need to make it fun to do so. It means improving and refining on what came before with fresh content, to be certain, but it also means staying true to that unique personality, using it to inform every decision we make.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

We’ve added a few new things to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to achieve that end. First and foremost, we think sandboxes work best when the player’s actions (or inaction) impact the game experience, so we’re introducing the Hero or Menace system, which rewards players who save citizens and keep crime rates down through side activities — with some potentially meaningful consequences for those who shirk Spider-Man’s responsibilities. And to make it more interesting, we’ve added new crimes to thwart, like arson and hostage rescue crises, while further developing the existing ones from the first game.

Equally important is getting the “neighborhood” part of “friendly neighborhood Spider-Man” right, and creating a more diverse New York City that’s fun to spend time in. That starts with revising our Manhattan, getting it closer to the look and feel of the real thing, complete with more varied buildings and architecture, distinct districts, more realistic street sizes, and more reasons to explore.

This design philosophy of focusing on Manhattan is about more than just mixing up the aesthetics; we want the city to be your playground, which means treating it as more than a hub for going off to other, more confined places. More missions and side activities take place within the city, and many progress dynamically (e.g., you fight some thugs in the streets, their leader takes off in a car, and you chase him down). This also means getting away from the constraints of what typically defines a “level” in Spidey games, opening them up in a way that offers far more variety.

Underlying all these additions and revisions is ensuring that Spider-Man himself is still a joy to play. Web Rush — a great mechanic introduced in The Amazing Spider-Man that offers movement and action choices on-the-fly — is back, along with new abilities like dodges, rolls, and critical strikes. There are also new upgrades and special powers.

Web-swinging works a bit differently this time around, and if it’s always bothered you that Spidey can somehow soar above the city, shooting webbing into thin air rather than swinging through it, you’ll be pleased to learn the web-head now attaches to actual objects in the environment.

Moreover, by opting for more open spaces, we can offer players greater choice in tackling combat encounters — most notably by drastically increasing the number of opportunities for viable stealth solutions, as well as increasing Spidey’s prowess when striking from the shadows.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

If that’s not your thing, new enemy countertypes add greater depth and challenge to combat brawls, discouraging button-mashing and incentivizing you to use your whole arsenal. We’re also changing up the pace of upgrades so that they’re something you acquire appreciably throughout the adventure.

That improved sense of pacing also applies to the story, which we’ve been crafting closely with Marvel with great attention to character. Taking place alongside the events of the movie this time (rather than after-the-fact), it takes on a more personal tone for both Spider-Man, on the hunt for Uncle Ben’s killer, and Peter Parker himself, who will have his own role to play in the narrative outside of the costume (which I’m personally excited for).

The game’s impressive cast of villains will also get their due, playing a more central role throughout the plot while providing some memorable boss showdowns.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 lands this spring on PS4 and PS3.

source

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Interesting, city definiatly feels and looks more immersive and bigger. I like it.

Also in that first still he is swinging from two desperate webs. It's nice that being able to do that is returning, makes swinging more realistic.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Interesting, city definiatly feels and looks more immersive and bigger. I like it.

Also in that first still he is swinging from two desperate webs. It's nice that being able to do that is returning, makes swinging more realistic.

I admit i was in awe with the City.....it looks very lively.
Bravo.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Dang, two days before the movie releases for me here in the states. Luckily for you it comes out after the movie has been released. Well I'll pick it up eventually. Won't be an opening day thing like I did with the first. Get it after I see the movie.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Dang, two days before the movie releases for me here in the states. Luckily for you it comes out after the movie has been released. Well I'll pick it up eventually. Won't be an opening day thing like I did with the first. Get it after I see the movie.

I'll get it after the movie..

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By PunyParker
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Oh! I thought all of Europe gets the movie early?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: Oh! I thought all of Europe gets the movie early?

Nope.
Most of the movies come out at the American dates,here.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well that's good. I won't be tempted to ask you for spoilers, cause we both know you would give me them. :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well that's good. I won't be tempted to ask you for spoilers, cause we both know you would give me them. :P

I'd give it to you,without you even asking.Just to irritate you. :)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Trailer incase no-one has seen this.

looks cool really like the Kraven factor i.e. he being a mentor to peter

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By PunyParker

BIG news.

There ya go.
April 29 'merica
May 2 Europe.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: Nice, so what do you think of the pre-order bonuses? I think it sucks that the most iconic costumes are DLC.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: I think it sucks that the most iconic costumes are DLC.

Exacly.
So what costumes will you get in-game?!...Superior,classic(that's not needed since the ASM2 is THE classic) and.....that.
I can't believe you won't be able to get in-game the Symbiote!!......how dare they?!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

Exacly.

So what costumes will you get in-game?!...Superior,classic(that's not needed since the ASM2 is THE classic) and.....that.

I can't believe you won't be able to get in-game the Symbiote!!......how dare they?!

I don't know. Probably the movie costumes again.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Exacly.

That sucks a$$.

So,Superior Mark1 and 2,Kaine,Raimi Trilogy,ASM1,FF.......well...that's it. (as of the cool ones)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Exacly.

That sucks a$$.

So,Superior Mark1 and 2,Kaine,Raimi Trilogy,ASM1,FF.......well...that's it. (as of the cool ones)

Eh, I trust Beenox to choose good costumes, it just sucks that the more iconic ones have to be add-ons. F**king Activision! Well at least each costumes has special upgrades.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Exacly.

That sucks a$$.

Eh, I trust Beenox to choose good costumes, it just sucks that the more iconic ones have to be add-ons. F**king Activision! Well at least each costumes has special upgrades.

Wha-?......you trust Beenox but "F$%% Activision?!" ...why?!

And i'm just bummed that we're not getting the Symbiote in-game...

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Exacly.

That sucks a$$.

Wha-?......you trust Beenox but "F$%% Activision?!" ...why?!

And i'm just bummed that we're not getting the Symbiote in-game...

Because Beenox actually listens to fans, and are trying to put out the best game they can. Plus in past games all the costumes they picked have looked pretty sweet. F**k Activision because the game comes out in a month and there has been like no marketing for the game. It took the over a month to release the trailer even though it was finished, and they still haven't released the walkthrough trailer. Actvision can a sh** publisher most of the time because the only games they care about is Call of Duty.

Ya I am too, I also sad Noir isn't in-game, at least I dont think it is. I hope they aren't pulling an Arkham Origins.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Beenox actually listens to fans, and are trying to put out the best game they can. Plus in past games all the costumes they picked have looked pretty sweet. F**k Activision because the game comes out in a month and there has been like no marketing for the game. It took the over a month to release the trailer even though it was finished, and they still haven't released the walkthrough trailer. Actvision can a sh** publisher most of the time because the only games they care about is Call of Duty.

Ya I am too, I also sad Noir isn't in-game, at least I dont think it is. I hope they aren't pulling an Arkham Origins.

Fair enough.Agreen on all points then.

I don't care for Noir that much....didn't dig the comic too.I'm sad about the Symbiote and the Iron Spider suits.....Iron Spider is one of my top 5 favs for Spider-Man.....damn it.

EDIT: OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE FOR THE WT TRAILER BY BEENOX!!!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers