#151 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Wishful thinking...still, Scorpion & Rhino were cool in the 1st game.

Scorpion was acheap immitation,and Rhino.......was a B-list villian...like,always....

Plus they said it was a grounded story,so a Goblin,or Venom,wouldn't be in the game,if it was a "grounded" story.....

#152 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Heck, really? Only person I can really think of then is Kraven.

#153 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Heck, really? Only person I can really think of then is Kraven.

And Kingpin......we had Fisk Tower in the trailer.

#154 Edited by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: That's actually pretty cool.

Grounded story - Crime lord .

Makes absolute sense.

#156 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Grounded story...spider powers...

Don't go there......grounded story in this world.

#158 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Yesterday Beenox said they had seen the final version of the trailer on their twitter, and that it's coming soon, so I'm hoping by the end of the month.

#159 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Yesterday Beenox said they had seen the final version of the trailer on their twitter, and that it's coming soon, so I'm hoping by the end of the month.

"Blame the holiday for the delay,not us.."

Well......that's a dick-ish response....
Don't be a dick to holidays,Beenox....

#160 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Well they are affected by it, they have to close down during the holiday season.

#161 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Well they are affected by it, they have to close down during the holiday season.

Any guess when we're getting it?!.

#162 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 said:

Any guess when we're getting it?!.

Like I said probably before the end of the month, if not no latter than a week after the super bowl.

#163 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09:

Ain't that a bummer.
But Beenox is up for questions,if you don't have a Tw.account, tell me and i'll ask em.

#164 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I hope we can at least swing around as Peter Parker in a similar fashion that was seen in Ultimate Spider-Man, even if it is limited :P

#165 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Man, I hope we can at least swing around as Peter Parker in a similar fashion that was seen in Ultimate Spider-Man, even if it is limited :P

I'll ask,bro!
EDIT:DONE!

#166 Edited by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I'll ask,bro!

Cool dude, appreciate it :D

OH and ask them if side missions will be continuous even after story completion or if they have an end point like the original game.

#167 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I think they said it in the Q&A months ago that unlimited crime will be a thing.

But they already answered a couple of questions,so i hope they're answering.
Will post informative Tweets asap.

#168 Edited by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I think they said it in the Q&A months ago that unlimited crime will be a thing.

But they already answered a couple of questions,so i hope they're answering.

Will post informative Tweets asap.

Oh well if that's true then ASM2 is definitely one of my most anticipated titles of the year! Just the thought of webbing attaching to buildings for the first time since Ult Spider-Man has me beyond excited! :D

#169 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Some of you guys get excited easily.......im pesimistic after the mediocre ASM.....

#170 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Some of you guys get excited easily.......im pesimistic after the mediocre ASM.....

I like being optimistic because I just find it boring and a waste of energy to be so pessimistic :P

ASM wasn't the best Spider-Man game but I liked a lot of the directions it took. Web-Rush was wicked, I liked the closer camera on Spider-Man when swinging, the collectible comics were awesome and it had probably the best alternate costume selection since Spider-Man back on PS1 and N64!

If they just refine the gameplay, better tune the combo's, making webbing more prominent and liven up the city, I'm the happiest camper! Web of Shadows was basically the perfect Spidey game for me.

#171 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

I like being optimistic because I just find it boring and a waste of energy to be so pessimistic :P

ASM wasn't the best Spider-Man game but I liked a lot of the directions it took. Web-Rush was wicked, I liked the closer camera on Spider-Man when swinging, the collectible comics were awesome and it had probably the best alternate costume selection since Spider-Man back on PS1 and N64!

If they just refine the gameplay, better tune the combo's, making webbing more prominent and liven up the city, I'm the happiest camper! Web of Shadows was basically the perfect Spidey game for me.

Costumes=agreed
Comics=agreed

Web-rush was "tell me what to do,and i'll do it myself" and that's always bad for a game......you have to feel you've done something.

Close up cam wasn't my thing.....when you're playing as Spider-man you have to feel the city.....the cams in the other games were just fine....
But it's just an opinion :)

Yeah,i liked WoS very much, too.

#172 Edited by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

Costumes=agreed

Comics=agreed

Web-rush was "tell me what to do,and i'll do it myself" and that's always bad for a game......you have to feel you've done something.

Close up cam wasn't my thing.....when you're playing as Spider-man you have to feel the city.....the cams in the other games were just fine....

But it's just an opinion :)

Yeah,i liked WoS very much, too.

Yeah I feel you on the web-rush doing a lot of work but it was interesting to use it in combat as it gave you a split second to analyze your situation kind of like how spider-sense would work, almost like a pre-cog.

I liked the close-up cam primarily for web-swinging as it gave me a more intense and adrenaline feel to experience.

#173 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Can you ask if they have a date for the trailer drop?

#174 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio
#175 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

#176 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I really hope Josh Keaton is voicing Spider-Man.

#177 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

#179 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

A bigger, better New York City and interchangeable webbing!? I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! :D

#180 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Kinda disappointed it isn't Garfield voicing the character. It's going to be weird seeing Peter Parker in the same universe voiced by someone else, Spidey you can get away with but with Peter it makes it seem off, especially if they have Garfield's likeness in game.

#181 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Kinda disappointed it isn't Garfield voicing the character. It's going to be weird seeing Peter Parker in the same universe voiced by someone else, Spidey you can get away with but with Peter it makes it seem off, especially if they have Garfield's likeness in game.

There is a game out,called The Amazing Spider-Man.......you never had a voice problem with it.....

And btw i'd hote to know it's this Donatello guy again.....i want Keaton.

#182 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 said:

There is a game out,called The Amazing Spider-Man.......you never had a voice problem with it.....

Read the underline.

#183 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read the underline.

Okay....

#184 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling Josh is going to be the voice actor and I REALLY hope it's him.

#185 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read the underline.

Okay....

If the Peter Parker looks like Peter, and doesn't try to make it look like Garfield I'm totally fine and happy it's Keaton he is perfect for a teenage Spidey. If not it will take me out of the experience a little.

#186 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read the underline.

Okay....

If the Peter Parker looks like Peter, and doesn't try to make it look like Garfield I'm totally fine and happy it's Keaton he is perfect for a teenage Spidey. If not it will take me out of the experience a little.

He's awesome for a 616 Peter too......Edge of Time proved that.

But it's the movie,so they'll make him look Garfield-ish.
It happened before,in the Iron Man 2 game,Tony looked like RDJ,but he was voiced from the guy who does him in the cartoons.

#187 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

I have a feeling Josh is going to be the voice actor and I REALLY hope it's him.

It's weird,i have that feeling too.....

#188 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read the underline.

Okay....

It happened before,in the Iron Man 2 game,Tony looked like RDJ,but he was voiced from the guy who does him in the cartoons.

Ya and I didn't like that.

#189 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

Read the underline.

Okay....

Ya and I didn't like that.

Me neither.

#190 Edited by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh Keaton as Spider-Man. That's all I ask.

#191 Posted by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio

Box Art For THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Released

Cool.

#192 Edited by tomlikesfries (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope they keep the web slinging mechanics, but change the combat ones. Hated their attempt to copy the Arkham trilogy in that matter.

#193 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Saw that on Twitter. Their latest tweet suggests to stay tuned tomorrow. I'm hoping it's the trailer.

Hope they keep the web slinging mechanics, but change the combat ones. Hated their attempt to copy the Arkham trilogy in that matter.

The swinging mechanics of TASM? They confirmed that webs will now attach to buildings, objects etc so I doubt it'll be the same as the first game. I wish the combat were more like Web of Shadows. Best combo system, most fluidity.

#194 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, hopefully a trailer soon.

@tomlikesfries said:

The swinging mechanics of TASM? They confirmed that webs will now attach to buildings, objects etc so I doubt it'll be the same as the first game. I wish the combat were more like Web of Shadows. Best combo system, most fluidity.

If this game had combat system like Web of Shadow it would be really hard for this game to not be fun to play. Especially with them saying they are utilizing almost every button on the controller and most of them for the swinging.

#195 Edited by PunyParker (11982 posts) - - Show Bio
#196 Edited by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Box art is really cool. Getting pretty excited for this game. Even if it's not that good I'm sure it'll be pretty good, like the 1st was.

#197 Posted by _Nexus_ (804 posts) - - Show Bio

I been needing a Spider-Man fix recently so I've been playing Web of Shadows, which I had my old copy of Ultimate Spider-Man (because that game was awesome) and it makes me hate the movies because now that they are out every spider-man game will be AMS2 AMS3 and so on and so forth. I want a Spider-Man game that is not based off the movies, Andrew Garfield, or anything along those lines.

I want an original Spider-man story for a game or one that is adapted from the comics. I want a Peter Parker to look like Peter from the comics. I want to see villains that the movies game can't include and not see Electro in a damn hoodie.

#198 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: @punyparker: @geekbait: The trailer has dropped my friends! Game play is very similar to ASM, it looks like ASM in a sense the way he movies and stands especially. No word on voice actor but the trailer has a very familiar face voicing over.

p.s @punyparker they may have taken your web yo-yo suggestion, or it was part of the original plan.

#199 Posted by GeekBait (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#200 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3175 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, it doesn't look as good as I thought it might be. Just the look alone feels very ASMish and that bothers me. The Peter Parker is literally a re-skin of the vigilante suit from the first game with a new head so that bothers me. I think Spidey looks way to lanky, he looks fine in a neutral position but when he is swinging he looks weird. What bothers me the most though is that it looks like they are trying to put stealth as a primary function again. That's a huge mistake and one of the biggest problem with ASM. They didn't really give you a choice to either be stealthy or all out fight. But the gameplay looks fluid and doesn't bother me to much that it's an updated version of the first games. The city looks and feels bigger. Hopefully it's more realistic as well like adding more landmarks that are in NY such as Grand Central. I kinda wish they showed more of the web mechanics they have been taking about. How it looks and how it's different.

Edit: Also I like that Oscorp looks like it did in the movie unlike the first game. For some reason I had a huge problem with that. Plus if we get the first movie suit(no belt), which we should, I hope now that we are in next gen we can have the lights on the web shooters light up.