User Lists: 0

mmm? I like the old web shooters more

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Cool in liking it, I'm interested in the story more so than the gameplay. Set in the movie verse but it is it's own continuity. Hmmm, like that Pete is playable.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@geekbait said:

This looks and sounds really awesome. I hope they put Venom in it.

Are you for real dude?.....it's a movie universe game...what Venom...?!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PunyParker

@ninjablade09 said:

Cool in liking it, I'm interested in the story more so than the gameplay. Set in the movie verse but it is it's own continuity. Hmmm, like that Pete is playable.

Oh God,you guys are ALL OVER the place today........are you serious?!....the story will be average-mediocre because of the limitations of the movie.

The gameplay is the thing we MUST worry/care about.....please....Spider-Man 2's story was bellow average,but it's concidered the best Spider game ever...why..?......GAMEPLAY!!!......

Amazing Spider-Man Video Game was mediocricy at it's best(or worst).....i would really want to see some improvements......a perfect Spider-Man game,at last....please...

Also a happy piece of news, in the first game they didnt allow to show Peter's face,cause they didnt get Andrew to do the voice,so they didnt had the rights to use Peter Parker's appearance.......today we learnt that Peter may be playable,or at least we will see his face....so that leads a curious mind to the conclusion that...Andy's doing the voice!!

TIP:If Emma Stone is doing her character (Gwen Stacy) in the game,it will be her 2nd video game voice over job after last year's hit, "Sleeping Dogs".

Fair enough.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well no they said they are going along with the movie but they are expanding it and adding to it, kinda like if they put the first movies story into the first game plus what the game offered. I'm not worried about gameplay because ever since Spiderman 2 almost every Spiderman game has had great gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@punyparker: Well, it's not actually canon to the movie universe, just based on it. And wasn't the Venom symbiote in the first game?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: ever since Spiderman 2 almost every Spiderman game has had great gameplay.

You acually liked ASM's cloud swinging-robotic combat-close up cam?......am i the only one who hated close up camera and shitty-robotic-""we'll do it for ya" web rush?!......Spider-Man 3 had better swinging-combat system...

And yeah,Treyarch and Shaba games did preety well on the gameplay aspect.......beenox partly too,on the other 2 levelbased games....

@geekbait said:

@punyparker: Well, it's not actually canon to the movie universe, just based on it. And wasn't the Venom symbiote in the first game?

Wha- no!

There wasnt any grand villian in the first game!....Movie-based = No major villians.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: I liked the close cam, not so much the web swinging and web rush but I enjoyed the close cam.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I dont know,normal 3rd person games cam worked great on Spider-Man....he's a more "free-flow" character and needs freedom in movement....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: The camera angle doesn't really effect how I feel.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: The camera angle doesn't really effect how I feel.

While swinging it's better to see the enviroment.....you cant argue with that.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Not for me, I feel the closer the camera the more I feel like Spidey.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@punyparker: Not for me, I feel the closer the camera the more I feel like Spidey.

A first person Spider-Man game would be absolutely exhilarating if it somehow worked.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Mega_spidey01

awesome !

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ninjablade09

@deranged_midget: Well Beenox tweeted they actually tested the idea but felt people would miss seeing Spidey.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget: Well Beenox tweeted they actually tested the idea but felt people would miss seeing Spidey.

Eh, I would love it but only if it made sense. I wouldn't want a gimmicky, cheap toss off for web-swinging. It's safe to say that's why they stick with third person.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

A first person Spider-Man game would be absolutely exhilarating if it somehow worked.

Have you played "Mirror's Edge"?.....it's 1st person Spider-Man game without webs......no,i would miss Spider-Man too.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By PunyParker

FINALLY......some REAL Peter gameplay....

Also....

"The second game brings with it an expanded fictional Manhattan, some light RPG elements and tweaked combat and web-slinging. It will also feature a new "Hero or Menace" mechanic that either rewards or penalizes players depending on how well they keep up with crime."

RPG elements....(?!)

"Some people complained that the webs didn't attach to the buildings and they're going to do that now," he said.

Here ya go....

Players will now use the right and left triggers to control the web-slinging as they zip through town. And where the first game had a scaled-down version of Manhattan to explore, this one is much more detailed, Baker said.

"You'll be a reporter minimally, but it is an aspect of what Peter is doing," Baker said. "You are Spider-Man for a vast majority of the game though."

source

I'm on a verge of being excited.

@ninjablade09

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Very, very nice find! I'm glad they're going down a more RPG route as they did with Web of Shadows when it came to combat and levelling up. And now we have the confirmation and we simply have to wait for the proof!

By the way, yes I did play Mirror's Edge and it was brilliant but it doesn't even tread in the same universe as Spider-Man would. It's a good representation but it'd be ridiculously harder.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know how to copy tweets but I was just reading their twitter page and they confirmed that there will be different web fluids for combat and navigation!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Love open world games :)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

By the way, yes I did play Mirror's Edge and it was brilliant but it doesn't even tread in the same universe as Spider-Man would. It's a good representation but it'd be ridiculously harder.

Υeah,i meant the general idea,of a freeroam free running first person game.....and c'mon...it's Spider-Man...we have to see him do what he does!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget said:

@punyparker:

Υeah,i meant the general idea,of a freeroam free running first person game.....and c'mon...it's Spider-Man...we have to see him do what he does!

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all my friend, but just think about it! Jumping forty feet straight in the air, crawling upside down or alongside a building thirty stories up only to jump off, and at the last second, swing straight back up into the air... all in first person. I can't even fathom how much of an adrenaline rush that would be!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:
@deranged_midget said:

@punyparker:

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all my friend, but just think about it! Jumping forty feet straight in the air, crawling upside down or alongside a building thirty stories up only to jump off, and at the last second, swing straight back up into the air... all in first person. I can't even fathom how much of an adrenaline rush that would be!

I dont want to dissapoint you but....yeah it would be great,with GTA V's graphics.....not Beenox's.....
And also they could make it a mode or a choice to go 1st person.Not force it.That would be cool.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont want to dissapoint you but....yeah it would be great,with GTA V's graphics.....not Beenox's.....

And also they could make it a mode or a choice to go 1st person.Not force it.That would be cool.

What's wrong with Beenox's engine? They choose a different artistic and technical scheme. The two games are almost completely incomparable. Additionally, Rockstar's engine (aside from Red Dead Redemption) excels in developing and producing such a populated world. The graphics aren't that great nor do they attempt to be.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

What's wrong with Beenox's engine? They choose a different artistic and technical scheme. The two games are almost completely incomparable. Additionally, Rockstar's engine (aside from Red Dead Redemption) excels in developing and producing such a populated world. The graphics aren't that great nor do they attempt to be.

For example ASM's graphics are supposedly worse than Edge Of Time's....EoT's are more detailed,and with the PS4/XboXone versions coming,i am afraid that the current gen's graphics may be left like they were......and i want better stuff.I really want an awsome Spider-Man game guys.....and with the Peter stuff announced,i am slightly possitive.....i say slightly cause i am compeletelly dissapointed with ASM.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For example ASM's graphics are supposedly worse than Edge Of Time's....EoT's are more detailed,and with the PS4/XboXone versions coming,i am afraid that the current gen's graphics may be left like they were......and i want better stuff.I really want an awsome Spider-Man game guys.....and with the Peter stuff announced,i am slightly possitive.....i say slightly cause i am compeletelly dissapointed with ASM.

Edge of Time is a linear beat-em-up. If there is a reason why it might have looked better, it's because there's literally a fraction of content on screen compared to an open world game like The Amazing Spider-Man which allowed you to traverse the entire island of Manhattan without a single load screen. Same thing when comparing an open world game like GTA to The Last of Us or The Witcher 2 for example. Both of the latter games absolutely MURDER GTA in terms of technical and artistic quality but that's because they only have a fraction of the content available.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is evidently still in the early stages mate, relax a little bit.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

Edge of Time is a linear beat-em-up. If there is a reason why it might have looked better, it's because there's literally a fraction of content on screen compared to an open world game like The Amazing Spider-Man which allowed you to traverse the entire island of Manhattan without a single load screen. Same thing when comparing an open world game like GTA to The Last of Us or The Witcher 2 for example. Both of the latter games absolutely MURDER GTA in terms of technical and artistic quality but that's because they only have a fraction of the content available.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is evidently still in the early stages mate, relax a little bit.

Yeah i know,check out Beenox's twitter...alot of questions answered.

I asked 'bout the graphics and they said that they will improve everything cause the game is in development....

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I asked 'bout the graphics and they said that they will improve everything cause the game is in development....

Well yeah, the original game didn't have bad graphics either. If anything, they were rushed to release the game and it still looked quite impressive on PS3, 360 and PC. They've already said they'll be putting more focus on making their "fictional" Manhattan more alive and to better match Peter's powers.

Personally, I hope they make the city larger and more to scale. Ultimate Spider-Man did this perfectly IMO!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yep.

And another good piece of news,as that you can walk as Peter Parker WHENEVER.THE F*CK.YOU WANT!!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'm liking this new, walking around as Peter when ever you want, using BOTH triggers to web swing is something I've always wanted never understood why the made him only swing using 1 hand in one way.

@punyparker said:

Well yeah, the original game didn't have bad graphics either. If anything, they were rushed to release the game and it still looked quite impressive on PS3, 360 and PC. They've already said they'll be putting more focus on making their "fictional" Manhattan more alive and to better match Peter's powers.

Personally, I hope they make the city larger and more to scale. Ultimate Spider-Man did this perfectly IMO!

I do too, I timed it, and it only takes about a minute and a half to get from one end to the other, in Ultimate Spider-Man and Web of Shadows it took me about 4 minutes. I always like the map for Ultimate because you could go to Queens aw well as Manhattan.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Yeah, I feel like Ultimate Spider-Man had the best representation of the city and only improved on the swinging of Spider-Man 2 but I felt that Web of Shadows had it best, but sadly it never stuck to anything. Glad that they're reintroducing it here!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Haha, nice find! Basically confirms my thoughts as to why they wouldn't go that route unfortunately :(

I really hope they get Josh Keaton back on board or at least Garfield!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

I really hope they get Josh Keaton back on board or at least Garfield!

Yep.Either of those two would be excellent.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#88  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I thought TASM1 game was pretty great, the only issue was the lack of anything to do after you beat it. So if they do make a sequel alongside the movie, I would really like some side-missions to do even after you beat the main story, or at least have it where you can stop random criminals on the street like in ever other Spider-Man game.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PunyParker

@war_killer: Only i was dissapointed?....GOD!...

They were saying it's the best Spider-game to date,and it was a really dissapointing let down .....

You have games like Ultimate, SM2, and WoS out,and you call this the best?!....ok,the boys at Beenox did what they could,and they are trying to do better this time,cuz i see some feedback on the first game,and that's great,but Activision.....c'mon.....they make Spidey games since 2000 and they call THIS the best?!.....

No.Just no.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were saying it's the best Spider-game to date,and it was a really dissapointing let down .....

You have games like Ultimate, SM2, and WoS out,and you call this the best?!....ok,the boys at Beenox did what they could,and they are trying to do better this time,cuz i see some feedback on the first game,and that's great,but Activision.....c'mon.....they make Spidey games since 2000 and they call THIS the best?!.....

No.Just no.

I didn't think it was that bad, it wasn't anywhere near the best Spider-Man game, that much is true. Though compared to the more recent Spider-Man games we've had, it was was a big improvement in terms of storyline and bringing Spider-Man back to the grounds of reality like we saw in the Spider-Man 2 game. Really the game was actually much bigger than the movie in terms of the scale of the threat and how Peter went about dealing with said threat. My biggest issues with the game were the lack of actual combat, little to nothing in terms of replay value (personally I like in previous games where you can just swing around and find random thugs that just spawn at random), and the lack of fleshing out the actual villains such as Rhino, Scorpion, Black Cat, etc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm liking this news. Maybe this will produce a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2. Though I hear Shattered Dimensions was good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

No.Just no.

I didn't think it was that bad, it wasn't anywhere near the best Spider-Man game, that much is true. Though compared to the more recent Spider-Man games we've had, it was was a big improvement in terms of storyline and bringing Spider-Man back to the grounds of reality like we saw in the Spider-Man 2 game. Really the game was actually much bigger than the movie in terms of the scale of the threat and how Peter went about dealing with said threat. My biggest issues with the game were the lack of actual combat, little to nothing in terms of replay value (personally I like in previous games where you can just swing around and find random thugs that just spawn at random), and the lack of fleshing out the actual villains such as Rhino, Scorpion, Black Cat, etc.

Dude.......there were zombie apocalypses,and giant killer robots......come on!....

And the game was an "improvement" on the recent,cause it was a sandbox.....the other were lvl based......that's the only improvement.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

No.Just no.

Dude.......there were zombie apocalypses,and giant killer robots......come on!....

And the game was an "improvement" on the recent,cause it was a sandbox.....the other were lvl based......that's the only improvement.

Well still, I don't think it was that bad of a game. If you didn't like it ok, that's cool, but I disagree. Hopefully the second game will improve on things.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'm liking this news. Maybe this will produce a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2. Though I hear Shattered Dimensions was good.

I thoroughly enjoyed Shattered Dimensions, its my second favorite Spidey game. It was fun to play as 4 different Spider-Man with each having a different playing style. The best thing about the game was probably the voice acting,bringing in the past cartoon Spider-Man voices.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PunyParker

@war_killer: I never said i didnt like it......i said that it was overselled,and incorrectly advertised.Didnt live up to the potential.

It was an ok game.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Yeah that's my appeal with the game too although nothing beats Spider-Man 2 for sheer nostalgia and web swinging gameplay :P

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't know, have you played Web Of Shadows, that game has some great gameplay mechanics. The only bad thing was the webs attached to the sky. :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I heard a lot of bad reviews about Web of Shadows actually. Critically it wasn't received well and that put me off it. The reviews picked out a lot of flaws with the game.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: There were a lot of problems with the game such as the voice cast being god awful, except Steve Blum as Logan, the camera was pretty wonky at times, and it was very repetitive, but in my opinion in made up for it in the combat. The fighting in the game is nice and fluid, and switching between costumes really adds the thousands of combos you can do. It seamlessly switched between fighting in the air on ground and up walls. It's a fun game to play, and based on what I've seen been praised by most fans.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: In relation to the combat, it was often said to be mostly button mashing with not much skill or flair required. That supposedly demeaned its action gameplay appeal.