inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

FX is optioning another show for a series, and that show will be based off of Jason Aaron and Jason Latour's book, SOUTHERN BASTARDS. According to Deadline, Aaron and Latour will serve as executive producers on the show,

The book is a crime drama about the son of a former sheriff in Craw County, Alabama who comes home to find his town under the control by a criminal and the head coach of the high school football team. SOUTHERN BASTARDS will join The Strain as the 2nd comic book adapted television show on the FX network.

Jason Latour tweeted about the announcement and he and Jason's involvement with the series:

No news yet on when the series will come out, but we'll keep you updated as more develops.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just read this months issue and it's only getting better. Hopefully this will happen. I don't wanna see it too censored tho.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Makes sense

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah, seems fit for TV.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this book

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the absolute best comics being published right now. This is great news, but I don't want to see this hit airwaves for at least two years, needs more issues out first.

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this series so excited. Has anybody read Jason Aaron's Scalp I was wondering if it was similar to this series?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@spideyfan3160: Yes, both are gritty crime-thrillers. If you like Southern Bastards, then you'll definitely enjoy Scalped.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By J_HickmanIsGod

can we get Scalped instead? or both...im fine with both

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I'm excited but I'm not a fan of comics getting TV shows before they are even finished

EX: Lazarus, Sex Criminals, Outcast etc.

~MiB

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave up after earl got killed off, was totally gutted.....

kevinwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most comic shows arent good.........they should leave this book alone

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

This book is already so fantastic in its medium, and gloriously cinematic on the page. I can see why it would be appealing as a television show -- and you'd better believe I'll watch it if it happens -- but this is one of those cases where I feel like media don't need to aspire to grow into other media.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I don't know why I like this book, there isn't a single character to root for but I still have to read it. It does seem like a book made for television but it's only on issue 9 so there isn't much to work with yet.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101: Thanks for the free spoiler, there's a spoiler tag when for comments like this, no need to be a dumb*ss.

ComicReaderGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do some people feel the need to spoil comics, tv, and movies?? I've been with this book since #1 so the Earl thing doesn't spoil me. It just irritates me that these people exist. I want people to enjoy this as much as I did, but now anyone that grabs the first TPB and sees this guys comment up above is completely spoiled on the WHOLE FIRST ARC!!! Ignorance is no excuse these days, its just jerks being jerks.

ComicReaderGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman404: I know right?! after the first arc you hate one character for what he does, but then after the next part of the story you kind of "get it", but still wouldn't nessecarily root for the guy. Its weird, but engaging and I love it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicreaderguy said:

@batman404: I know right?! after the first arc you hate one character for what he does, but then after the next part of the story you kind of "get it", but still wouldn't nessecarily root for the guy. Its weird, but engaging and I love it.

I love it. There's no clearly defined hero or villain(yet), just people and all their complexities. It's entirely up to the reader to decide who's right, wrong, good, bad and so on.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great comic, and FX should be a good fit for it.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jas0:okay okay pr*ck, cool your jets! im new to the site and didn't know.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101: It's not about being new to the site, you just ruined the first arc for me. Think before you do something.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well its on volume 3 already so you must really be in a hurry to read it- issue 1 was published 30th April 2014- a loooong time ago so you couldn't be hyped really surely. If it had just come out etc like Avengers 2 id understand but like I explained, my genuine mistake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cdw101: What if he just found out about it? Earl died in issue 4, which came out in September of 2014(less than a year ago). That's hardly enough time to justify spoilers like that. Hey, we all make mistakes, but you should at least consider editing your first post.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Very Fair comment if he has just found out about it.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jas0

@cdw101: Not everyone lives in the USA, I have to pay at least the double you'd pay, plus I have to pay the shipping. Yes, I'm hyped, but I'm not the richest guy in the world and it's tough to buy all the comics I want, so I have to wait a while to buy them.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jas0: No worries, im the same, in fact I need to shorten my pull list. ( Im from Warrington, England not USA )

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By eliottsworld

I wonder if the first arc would be its own season and the second arc be its own season. These would be set up kinda like individual mini-series'. I'm reading in trade, so I don't know how the third arc is going, but that would make sense to me. They would only be working off four issues each, but I think a short season (maybe like 6 hour-long episodes) would work. That way they wouldn't catch up to the books as fast, too. This book seemed destined for TV since it came out.