SInestro Corps Recruit Natu

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

I missed the news on Friday that there is going to be a new ongoing Sinestro series. After reading all of the Johns run on both Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps (pre-new 52) I also started off in the new 52 reading the Green Lantern associated titles as well. Then I stopped reading Green Lantern Corps because I couldn't handle Guy Gardner, then I stopped reading Red Lanterns because of the plot veering off to somewhat ridiculousness. Soon I was reading only New Guardians, and then even not then, my interest in cosmic DC waning after an initial interest.

No Caption Provided

There are a few problems with the new 52 as a whole, and both of these affected the space as I knew it from before. One of the most difficult is that it uses companion titles for mini crossovers which are thereafter impossible to read alone. Cosmic DC did this with both the Third Army and the First Lantern which made following the story line a four issue per month dedication, which I was hesitant about, especially after dropping GLC because of really not liking the characters at all. The other main problem with the new 52 is the departure from older casts for the characters, as well as the disappearance of some characters. AS those who know my comics tastes will know, one of the biggest departures has been Soranik Natu, and the prominent role that she had in GLC before the reboot.

No Caption Provided

This is where the Sinestro series comes in. There are those who think that Sinestro is the greatest GL ever, or that just think that he is an amazing villain, but with the announcement of this series, it is the first time in the new 52 that something has really caught my attention about cosmic DC. It could be that as comic writers are apt to run out of ideas that the relationship between Sinestro and his daughter is re-explored, and perhaps seeing as he is trying to rebuild both Korugar and his own corps, that maybe she would be a desired recruit for him. I am not predicting that it will happen, only that with Sinestro headlining a series that there is a strong chance of a more prominent role for my favourite GL, and especially to explore some aspects of her character which were never looked at.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'm somewhat torn. I like her from what I've read of her and am convinced that she deserves more prominence than she has gotten in the new 52 but I would also hate to rob the GLC of one of the few members I actually care about.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Well said. I am onboard for the hate and fear aspect of it. I hope it goes into some dark places.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz

@avenging_x_bolt: Well the revelation that Sinestro is her true father came close to the end of the earlier GLC, was barely mentioned again, and then in the new 52 she was relegated to secondary character. I expect this will come up in the new series though, maybe not with her joining the Sinestro Corps, but at least in some way.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Thank you for being a fan of Sora, she too is one of my favorite GLs and the fact she -and the rest of the pre-52 GLC cast- hasn't really been shown in recent years is really upsetting. I don't know how I'd feel about her leaving the corps for Sinestro's team -since they're usually deemed as evil- but if it gets her some limelight then I'd be all for it. In a perfect world they would start highlighting the old cast of GLC because they were such a good and interesting crew.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz

@arturocalakayvee: I think that the fall from good/redemption line in the cosmic corps is an established story line though, would be interesting to see with her.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I think that the fall from good/redemption line in the cosmic corps is an established story line though, would be interesting to see with her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Saren

Nrama interview with Bunn:

Nrama: Will we see Soranik Natu play a part in Sinestro's life?

Bunn: Soranik Natu will be very present in the book. She has an important — and surprising — role to play in the series.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i like natu shes sexy and a strong woman.

comicboy19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Future's End Natu

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points