except spawn ,i know a villian dfinite can beat silver surfer 

Archangel  Zadkiel 
Angel of Vengeance 

ANYONE ELSE?
#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: 

he would lose  

if it's classic he could lose to other heralds superman, majestic, Thor or beta ray bill could beat him curent they would probably all be defeated
#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

the eraser.

#5 Posted by bloodvice (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus  
Thanos 
Anti-Monitor 
Dr. Doom
Lex Luthor 
Solaris 
Red Hulk 
and many, many more. 

I just always keep in mind, just because SS is arguably one of the top five most powerful superheroes in comicbook history, that doesn't make him undefeatable. The above characters I've mentioned all stand a good chance against surfer or have beaten him before, for various reasons, such as greater cosmic awareness, superior intellect, more raw power, or just one of those "over-powered' villains. 
#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8858 posts) - - Show Bio

That list would take forever so I'll just give a sample:
-Darkseid
-Spectre
-Any of the Endless
-Lucifer Morningstar
-Micheal Demiurgos
-The Darkness entity (not Jackie Estacado, the real Darkness)
-The Angelus (again, the entity)
-The Weave
-Galactus
-Doctor Solar
-Nabu Doctor Fate
-Classic Doctor Strange

#7 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Manhattan
Mr.Mxy

possibly in the right conditions
Beta Ray Bill
Thor
Superman

#8 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

...a very old joke, but still amuses me.
#9 Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@bloodvice said:
"Galactus  Thanos Anti-Monitor Dr. DoomLex Luthor Solaris Red Hulk and many, many more.  I just always keep in mind, just because SS is arguably one of the top five most powerful superheroes in comicbook history, that doesn't make him undefeatable. The above characters I've mentioned all stand a good chance against surfer or have beaten him before, for various reasons, such as greater cosmic awareness, superior intellect, more raw power, or just one of those "over-powered' villains.  "
#10 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@bloodvice: Rulk doesn't even stand a chance at all.  
=]
#11 Posted by Blackestnight (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombie Hulk bit off his head.  So Zombie Hulk. 
Red Hulk does have a chance because he can drain cosmic energy he did it to surfer once and stole his board form him.
Galactus can destroy him 
Sentry maybe 
Molecule man (if he had first strike)
Thanos with the gauntlet
Thor when he had Odin's power might have some magic that could do it. 
Maybe Professure X could get him to kill himself... nah
Dark Phoenix? 
Nova the other herald?
With enough prep Batman Bruce Wayne
With enough prep Reed Richards or Dr. Doom
Morgan Le Fey (Marvels) maybe via time travel

#12 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

um doom? red hulk lol now theres a easier way to beat surfer
#13 Posted by MrDirector786 (43554 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid
SA Superman
Black Adam
Galactus
Insane Genis-Vel
Odinforce Thor
Rune King Thor
Zoom
Odin
Mr. Majestic
And more

#14 Posted by nemesis77 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN from TAS

NEMESIS

SPORTSMASTER VICTOR GOVER! He's a master of any American sport!!!

And me, Damian Dean!!!!
#15 Edited by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

zadkiel can't beat surfer. anyway current herc sure can 
and of course batman :)

#16 Edited by ownsin (142 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Superman can beat him, if he unleashes all his powers to maximum capacity!, also New Son Gambit can kill him easy...

#17 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

superman could with phantom zone projector doom could by draining the cosmic so could red hulk.

#18 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly the Surfer is not much of a fighter. You could probably increase the list.

#19 Edited by Drax516 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

"The oldest living entity in the universe and, in fact, the first  "   
 "Galactus has appointed a number of beings to act as his Herald, with each bestowed with a small fraction of the Power Cosmic. "    

Should be obvious, from the last 75 years it's not about who's the most powerful, but what the... 

#20 Posted by baron2011 (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

ion
superboy prime

#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
@baron2011
ion
superboy prime
I don't see how, unless they got rid of those pesky weaknesses to radiation
#22 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"
"
who is this?
#23 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer is a top tier A lister and would rank next to Pre Crisis characters

Lex Luthor !? NEVER

Thor maybe if he has he Odin Force but I'm not sure...today he jobs a lot

Rulk, he fought a weakened Surfer from the past timeline and the win was PIS

Sentry? Only if Bendis writes while smoking his crackpipe

Zoom!? WTF yes he is fast but he is a one trick pony and got his ass kicked by Liberty Bell and Wonder Woman...Surfer kills this lamo

Darkseid? Post Crisis is sometimes a really pathetic jobber, even when he does have a respectable showing he can barley win against Superman.

Black Adam - not happening

Beta Ray Bill - already lost, badly

Dr Manhattan - NEVER

Nova - NEVER

Emo Prime maybe...he's really tuff, can be a plot device when an idiot like Johns writes but he is slow, vulnerable to red sun and weak against a mind fuck

Majestic yes he might take the majority

Ion yes even retcon wins, he is more powerful

Pre Crisis Darksied - yes, easy win

Doom with prep - yes

Phoenix, yes very easy
Mxy, yes easy

Squirell Girl, well she's beast everyone else...so....

#24 Edited by bee14ish (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula: No to Dr. Manhattan

#25 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy Merc said:

^^^^

Majestic is awfully close. There are a handful of others. Classic Strange. Dr Fate.

Thing with the Surfer is he so FRICKIN' fast, it's ridiculous. He reminds of Supes a bit, because he rarely, if ever utilizes his powers to their full extent and tanks a lot of shots he could simply avoid. But he is certainly way up there on the power scale.

#26 Posted by Supreme_Maj (291 posts) - - Show Bio

And don't forget that he's from a utopian society which main philosophy is peace that is why he always hold back if he was not doing so i don't see anyone with prep time or not beat him down and don't forget he's also a scientist from his home world. So He will beat

Superman

Thor

Lex Luthor & Batman (i don't even know why people brought them)

Supreme

and coe only Mr MXY, Darkseid pre-crisis or the new Thanos( Thanos Imperative). Thor Odinforce boosted

and Majestic could beat him

#27 Posted by Teerack (6327 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor used to be able to.

#28 Edited by liongoldrock (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The way i see it a lot of characters can beat silver surfer but not too many can kill or destroy him however surfer can kill a lot of characters

#29 Edited by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

regular savage hulk could....come on really no one mentions the hulk? hulk would tear him in half if he wanted to

#30 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the power cosmic really watered down that badly?

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Any of the other Heralds has a fair shot at beating Surfer, also Galactus can just remove his power and just let him die in space.

#32 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly?

#33 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for starters, it should be someone who can move at least fast enough to move from one point in time to the next. Obviously, someone slower than this is gonna get smacked....unless, we are talking characters so powerful that speed is only a secondary consideration if at all. Thanos and Odin come to mind. However, The Runner has beaten him, not on speed, but on strength alone (see SS3vo2). I would also say Zoom II...but...I have to wonder how he would bring permanent damage to Norrin who can go intangible. Zoom II is certainly faster (the fastest character in all of comics as far as I'm aware...), but again Norrin's intangibility presents a problem for Zoom II, who lacks a DC speedsters mastery of the speed force and can do cool things like bring a character out of their intangible state. Also, Dr Strange should be able to take him as long as he has the protective shield of Cytorrak up, he should be good to go.

#34 Posted by StudentOfJorEl (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman cannot beat Silver surfer unless if he had a Phantom Zone or if it's Silver age superman.

Thanos can, Thor definitely, Mr. Mxy, Dr. Manhattan would die!, Red Hulk cannot, the red hulk beating surfer was bad writing. Onslaught possible,

#35 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

regular savage hulk could....come on really no one mentions the hulk? hulk would tear him in half if he wanted to

No, no, no! Have you ever done any research on Hulk v SS encounters? Hulk has like one lucky win in the Planet Hulk story where he needed the help of his warbound friends to take down a severely weakened Surfer who was without the power cosmic, which is his USP and the equivalent of removing Hulks ability to get stronger as he gets angrier. Even in this condition, the Surfer was proving too tough for Hulk until he got help. Hulk then surprise attacked the Surfer after he had stopped fighting and smashed him repeatedly. The Surfer got up a short while later with no visible marks on him! Most times they have met, the Surfer has just removed Hulks gamma powers, tis simple. I wish Hulk fans would stop over-estimating their character's abilities against far more powerful opponents! Thor is capable of stopping Hulk due to mjolnir, but Hulk doesn't have the ammunition, sorry.

#36 Posted by LordGalactus (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel:

One Above All

Living Tribunal

Phoenix

Galactus

Eternity

Death

Morg

Mad Jim Jaspers

Any Celestial

Shuma-Gorath

Franklin Richards

Thanos

Onslaught

Blackheart

Mephisto

Gaea

Odin

Set

Chthon

Oshtur

Hoggoth

Agamotto

Nemesis

Genesis

Alien Entity

Infinity

Abraxas

Grandmaster

Ymir

Surtur

Zeus

Beyonder

Molecule Man

Rune King Thor

Divine Spawn

Tenebrous

Aegis

Uatu

Dr. Strange

Mikaboshi

DC:

Presence

Elaine Belloc

Great Evil Beast

Lucifer

Michael

The Fenris Wolf

Emperor Joker

Superman Prime

Trigon

Anti-Monitor

Imperiex

Source

Mandrakk

Kismet

Ultimator

Qwsp

Mxyzptlk

Ion

Spectre

Parallax

Just a TINY fraction of entities who could beat the crap out of Surfer.

#37 Posted by THORSON (2397 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR has.

#38 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: only pre-annihilation plot device warrior madness Thor with the power gem

#39 Posted by Bezza (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

..and yes Superman could. I think Surfer would probably win the majority of their encounters, but Superman is probably stronger, very very fast and has superb combat speed. If he managed to move quick enough to avoid a cosmic blast and get in a hit, he could win. Equally, on other occasions, Surfer has the ability to do a real number on Supers. There are a number of characters who could beat SS, but equally SS would beat the majority of characters..