#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i'm confused ? On Shang-Chi's page it saids Supername Shang-Chi real name None ? How can he not have a name ?

#2 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

At least I think that's his name?

#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmm... Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho ? Your kidding right ?

#4 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok About the name Shang-Chi. Is it one word or two ? Like first name Shang last name Chi ?

#5 Posted by The Poet (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ok About the name Shang-Chi. Is it one word or two ? Like first name Shang last name Chi ?

it says "none" because no one has put a name in the slot.

#6 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

Ummmm... Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho ? Your kidding right ?

Of course. It's an in joke from a movie a few users here will get.

#7 Posted by Maverick74 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang Chi is his first and middle name. It means "the rising and advancing of a spirit". In traditional Chinese, the family name comes first, followed by the given name. Technically, his family name is Fu. According to traditional Chinese custom, his name would be Fu Shang Chi. That is the character's real name.

While I'm not certain what exactly a Supername is, I'd guess that is for characters with an alias or secret identity. Shang Chi is simply the Master of Kung Fu.

#8 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i'm confused ? On Shang-Chi's page it saids Supername Shang-Chi real name None ? How can he not have a name ?

This is due to how comicvine works. They want characters to be searchable by their most widely known name (e.g., "Batman" not "Bruce Wayne"). So, that's the field that is required for the database. When you have a character without a superhero moniker, you still need to put their name in that field so the database will work properly.