inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Yet another SECRET WARS book is coming and this time it plays off of the 2010 Marvel event SIEGE. Writer Kieron Gillen talked to Marvel.com about this upcoming book and some of his favorite aspects about the book.

Gillen explains that this book is a "spiritual sequel" to his 2010 S.W.O.R.D. series. It involves the Shield that separates the north and south of the Warzones.

“I just started extrapolating from what was only a relatively small detail of the world-building, and thinking all the fun you could have with it... The easiest way to sum it up is if the Night’s Watch [from ‘Game of Thrones’] had an even more impossible task, and were recruited from across the entire marvel Multiverse.”

SIEGE goes across many warzones of Battleworld and includes many different characters from Battleworld. Gillen took some of his favorite characters and put them into the same group and Gillen calls it his "hymn to the glory of the Marvel Universe."

On this team is an older version of Abigail Brand, Leah of Hel, Illyanna Rasputin, The Endless Summers, Lady Katherine Bishop, as well as a few others. Some of the names may look mildly familiar but there are twists to all of this with each character. In addition, Kang is joining the party as well and Gillen is excited:

Most of all, there’s Kang, who is Abigail Brand’s new second on the wall and has…something of a personality clash with Abigail. Honestly, I just love writing Kang. I mean both the character and the name. Just writing the word ‘Kang!’ is awesome. Kang! Kang! Kang!

Filipe Andrade will be providing the art for this book and Gillen said Andrade adds a lot of energy and excitement to the book. Watch what happens when the south tries to take down the Shield to head to the north in SECRET WARS: SIEGE.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I spot Leonardo in the back.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

As long as he is not gonna wank Miss America, who he confirmed to appear, the same way as in young avengers, this might be worth a read. I wonder whether Lady Katherine Bishop is the same character that is said to appear in war Journal.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Since it has Kang in it, I will definitely give it a shot.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I don't understand how what I'm seeing can make the connection being called Siege.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I don't understand how what I'm seeing can make the connection being called Siege.

I can see how you can call it Siege, but yeah no connection to the event called Siege aside from name and cover.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it has Kang in it, I will definitely give it a shot.

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As long as he is not gonna wank Miss America, who he confirmed to appear, the same way as in young avengers, this might be worth a read. I wonder whether Lady Katherine Bishop is the same character that is said to appear in war Journal.

What do you mean by "wank"ing?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where there's Kang, awesomeness happens. Avengers Forever and Kang Dynasty taught me that.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This looks like the kind of book I want. I'm fascinated by the interaction and combat between realities. I'm adding this to my pull list for sure.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stahlflamme

@stahlflamme said:

What do you mean by "wank"ing?

for example having her claim that she saves entire worlds, while she was originally part of a behind the scenes superhero team.

For example having Loki manipulate her into being there, despite not needing her for his plans and only displaying annoyance about her being there even in his mind

For example giving her a new superpower that contradicts both her original series and her backstory and making it necessary for the plot by having loki claim that he and wiccan can't travel to parallell worlds despite both demonstrating the ability in the same series. And having Noh-Varr forget that he has a spaceship that can do so as well.

For example intimidating the guy who went one-on-one with doctor doom with a glare, when he has perfectly valid question, and having nobody on the team care about it.

For example keeping unncessary secrets to make her seem more important.

For example having her opponent, who is completely out-of-character, admit he could never ever hit her with his weapons

For example having her take a hit for loki, which leads to resolve the battle, despiting being before and after that both the least friendly with loki and the worst team-player on the team.

For example having the final panel of an action scene have three people shoot of panel from the background while she punches the enemies, that managed to equal the force of every teen-hero on the planet including skaar, genesis and kid gladiator before. then stop them by yelling at them and have conveniently open a gate back to earth just so that she can leave last.

For example having her hold a pepp-talk to Wiccan when he expresses doubts aggain, despite not having doubts was what saved them. A pepp-talk about a different topic.

For example making her both a princess and have her have the harshest upbringing. Superhero since age six without any help, yeah right.

For example that she is the center of attention of every damn group pic, unless loki is.

Okay, maybe this is most of what I mean and not just a few examples....

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I agree what does this have to do with siege ?

TonyChu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The gimmick wars continues.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 owie  Moderator

I was randomly thinking about the Secret Wars stuff this morning, and thought it would be cool if they included some of their better all-ages characters--like Chat from Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, Thor the Might Avenger, or the all-ages Power Pack. It would be a nice way to bring back some of that stuff.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The picture used on the main comic vine page looks like James Stokoe art and I got excited thinking he was doing a secret wars book.

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Nice. I'm in.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I think maybe its supposed to be sorta a play on the idea of the heroes being in a world ruled by the bad guys and trying to over throw it? That's about the best guess I've come up with. Kang could have the kind of role Osborn did and the X-Men?(what ever that mean is meant to be :P ) will have the kind of role the Avengers did.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlueJay2324
@teerack said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@teerack said:

I think maybe its supposed to be sorta a play on the idea of the heroes being in a world ruled by the bad guys and trying to over throw it? That's about the best guess I've come up with. Kang could have the kind of role Osborn did and the X-Men?(what ever that mean is meant to be :P ) will have the kind of role the Avengers did.

Yeah, the Osborn connection was the most I could come up with, but at the same time Siege was about the siege of Asgard while it was chilling over Oklahoma, so maybe there will be a fortress/stronghold as well. Weird.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teerack

@teerack said:

@sasquatch888 said:

@teerack said:

Yeah, the Osborn connection was the most I could come up with, but at the same time Siege was about the siege of Asgard while it was chilling over Oklahoma, so maybe there will be a fortress/stronghold as well. Weird.

Maybe at the end Kang is brought back as a little kid. haha.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Very close to adding this to my Secret Wars pull list!