Awesome Toy Picks: Scarlet Witch--Marvel Legends Infinite Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. With Avengers: Age of Ultron getting closer to being released in theaters, we thought it'd be the perfect time to check out the Scarlet Witch figure from the Marvel Legends Infinite series.

No Caption Provided

We have previously looked at the Captain Marvel figure from this line. It's great that we have two female characters in the line joining Iron Fist, Machine Man, Sentry, Hawkeye, and Thor. With this being a Build-a-figure series, you can build the All Father. It's just a little strange having a couple pieces if you don't have them all.

It's odd that they don't have the names of the figures on the front of the packaging.

No Caption Provided

This Scarlet Witch figure has a bit of attitude to her look. She's been portrayed in different manners over the years. Unfortunately sometimes she's been written as the victim. It's always nice when she takes charge or isn't written as insane.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her hands are positioned in a hexing pose. She's about to unleash her chaos magic upon your other action figures. She does come with some attachable hex spells you can put on her wrists.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm torn about the pieces. It's a nice effect. They are a little large and obviously very plastic looking. It's cool that they're included so Scarlet Witch isn't just standing around when you put her on display.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Of course you won't be seeing this costume in the movie. As with most classic costume, it's not the most practical one. But it is classic for her. The figure does show off her kind of ridiculous proportions. She's pretty thin and it shows in this molding. That's how most comic books are drawn. I'm sure some would say we're dwelling on this a little but looking at the detail of the figure is part of the point here.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This figure is a little difficult to put in a standing position because of her cape. You can tweak her stance a little and have her lean back on the cape since it's a solid piece of plastic.

The cape from back looks like it's just hanging off her. It won't provide her with any warmth in the cold weather but with her powers, she can easily take care of that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Marvel Legends figures do have a good amount of articulation. But again, because of her cape, it's a little difficult to put her in natural positions.

No Caption Provided

But with the cape, you can get her to stand.

Her head does come off so you can take off the cape if you want. Cave_Duck did ask if the All Father head can be put on when we looked at Captain Marvel. It's a little disturbing...

No Caption Provided

Brrr...

Here's Wanda with her cape removed.

No Caption Provided

Aside from the fact that she's a little thin and it looks like her costume's painted on, it's cool to have this version of Scarlet Witch as an action figure. That's the great thing about the popularity of comic book collectibles these days, we're getting more variety as the manufacturers realize they can't just keep making the same figures (Spider-Man and Batman).

No Caption Provided

It'll look good on display. All we need is a classic version of Vision to go along with her.

That's it for this week. Let us know what you think of the figure. The female ones are usually harder to find in stores. We'll have another item featured next time.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By leokearon

The reason for the lack of the characters names is because Wanda and Carol are running change figures, it saves on Packaging and is something Hasbro have been doing for quite a while now.

We need a new Vision the last ML Vision was ages ago, still we are getting a movie Vision so that will do..Shame they are ripping people off over here with these figures, so I can't get them yet

Michiel1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice action figure.... i have collected the entire wave so i could build Odin.......
Can't wait for future build-a-figures....

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Hahaha I like how you put Odin's head on her. The magic rings are a really cool accessory. Please post the Odin figure if you end up getting all the parts. You don't see many Odin figures.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. Lets see if I can find her at my local stores.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Scarlet Odin

No Caption Provided

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UltronMk7

I saw her and cap marvel in store but decided to pass. She's a good looking figure but I was grabbing them for my desk at work and I only have so much space. Did end up getting Thor, Iron Fist and Hawkeye. Opened Thor immediately but I think I'll return Hawkeye at least, possibly Iron Fist as well, although he looks fantastic. I need to grab an Iron Man when that comes out. On a side note I now have 3 of the Batman:TAS/New Batman adventures figs and they are pretty awesome. Joker, Batman and Two-Face. They all look great, but Two-Face looks incredible. So if anyone is a fan of the old animated series they are worth getting IMHO.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is one serious looking Scarlet Witch. I'm not messing with her.

And isn't her outfit basically painted on anyways? I've always wanted Scarlet Witch to upgrade her wardrobe to something more practical. She's a cool character with terrible design.

PinkCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking for this in stores. Is it still available?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I wonder if she'll get her real costume in Avengers 3, Part 1 and 2.

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pinkcrusader: Yes they are still available. I was in Walmart this morning and there was a ton of them. The entire wave was still on the pegs. I actually grabbed a Spider-Man 2099 today because I'm an impulse buyer, lol.

PinkCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PinkCrusader

@ultronmk7: Guess I have to keep looking. I haven't seen them anywhere. Always ebay. Thanks.

Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Omgz I need a bunch of her! I'm so behind in action figures.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Her face looks so pouty. Is she mad that they're not using her costume in the movie?

:p