Follow

Sana Starros

Character » Sana Starros appears in 99 issues.

A bounty hunter active during the Empire Era.

Major New Character added to In-Canon STAR WARS Comic

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The current STAR WARS comic has been establishing events in the Star Wars timeline between the events of Episodes IV and V. Some have wondered why this decision was made and others have felt having the series take place in this time period is restricting. We already know what happens after so what new things could be added?

All that has changed with STAR WARS #6.

In issue #4, we saw a mysterious female character, most likely a bounty hunter, inquiring about Han Solo.

No Caption Provided

We know this was when Han was basically on the run from Jabba the Hutt. He owed him money so it would be no surprise to see a bounty hunter looking for him. This particular woman was all business. She brutally sought out some answers on Tatooine and made it clear Solo was her target.

In STAR WARS #5, Han and Leia found themselves running from Tie Fighters. This woman was there as well and was about to catch up with the Millennium Falcon.

No Caption Provided

It was still unclear who she was. As a determined bounty hunter, she almost seemed to be taking the pursuit to a personal level. It was starting to look like Han must have caused her some grief in the past. Perhaps that was the reason she was set on finding him and claiming any reward for herself as retribution.

When she finally caught up to him in issue #6, the truth was revealed. Obviously there are spoilers below.

No Caption Provided

Han Solo has a wife. What the heck does this mean?

There's several things that could have happened. It is possible they were married and had a falling out. That would mean Han has been flirting with Leia while still in a marriage with someone else. It could be possible they had to get married as a matter of convenience. Perhaps they were fellow smugglers and had to give the pretense of being a married couple. They could have also been on a planet where the idea of marriage is established through other means.

Is Han still married? Are they separated or divorced? Do they even have divorce in the Star Wars universe? Needless to say, this changes some things for Han's future. We know the flirtation is still there in Empire Strikes Back. It's possible Sana will meet her end before then or they do get an official divorce or annulment. Looks like we didn't know all there was to know about Han Solo.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, I can't really say I'm surprised. Han Solo having a wife that he's on the outs with and willing to collect a bounty? nope. Not surprised. Having her be a woman of color is even better. Wonder if she's related to Lando lol.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Jesus christ. Now Im the same, knowing Han this makes sense. I cant wait to see how this unfolds.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no surprise. Smugglers and scoundrels should have multiple wives. Han is a player, he probably has one on every side of the galaxy.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dedpool said:

Wonder if she's related to Lando lol.

I wondered the same soon as I read it. Would make sense if it's true...

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cool. Maybe Finn is Han's son in The Force Awakens

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for Starkiller..........

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

@bigl: I joked that Han and Chewie have been missing for the past 30 years and Finn is Leia and Lando's kid. That's why he was seen with a lightsaber in a character model sketch.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedpool: If Han banged Lando's sister AND stole his ship from him in a card game, no wonder he turned him over to Vader in ESB!

And I want to say that Han had an ex-wife pop up in the EU comics as well. Dark Empire or Dark Empire II maybe?

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghe big reveal pic didnt show up properly for me. all hype, no substance...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

So Sana is like the Zoe to Han's Malcom huh? Makes sense...I think

It's no surprise. Smugglers and scoundrels should have multiple wives. Han is a player, he probably has one on every side of the galaxy.

Han be like, "Don't hate the scruffy looking nerfherder, hate the game."

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sana Solo lol

Hyena_Lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hyena_Lobo

Image Comics' SAGA did it better. But, let me stop. I really want to absorb all this new canon Star Wars material, but I feel plot twists in between the original films and the new sequel won't have ongoing stories and actually change a lot of perception of the galaxy at the time of the Emperor's reign.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

I can't seriously be the only one who thinks that with that hood and mask she looks like Sub-Zero, can I?

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sana solo is hot.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Not sure how I feel about this but I'll wait and see what they do with it in the coming issues. The one thing I will say is that I'm glad the extra media for Star Wars has been allowed to add things to the story we may not expect. The reveal of what is under the Jedi Temple on Coruscant in the pages of Tarkin and now Han Solo's wife in Star Wars #6. Glad to see them taking some chances and not playing it completely safe.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I didn't see this coming. I'm really surprised that Marvel would be able to do this. I thought for sure they were going to have their hands tied till after episode 7 came out to really start playing in the universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

it means he isn't married to leiah. seeing what they did with the ONE black woman they cast in star wars yeah you wont see this chick out side the comics. sad she is in a star wars comic, she looks pretty cool/badass. ill wait for a solo series.

LordRyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordRyus

I feel this is a total Mrs Reynolds situation to keep Han and Leia apart until the series gets post Empire Strikes Back. For this purpose it's an amazing plot device.

Nice twist though, totally didn't see her as his wife but was thinking Girlfriend. Guess the old Expanded Universe of Hans old girlfriend was clouding my thinking.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, maybe Sana is why Lando greets Han in Empire at Bespin with, "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, after what you pulled."

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever this lady is, Han could have married her so her father or brother could give him something, similar to what Kevin did with the Tetramands in Ben 10 Omniverse.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This better go somewhere.

Becuase I am tired of diversity for diversity sake.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: Changing or adding for the sake of inclusion of different races genders or religons for a badly or not at all thought out and or explained reason.

Just my opinion. I really hope they take this somewhere and Sana dose not become a plot hole in disney,s SW EU.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Who is she and what's her connection....?

Not again!!!! :P

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By COBRAMORPH

SOO glad we ditched the 25+ year EU for THIS fanfic bullSHIT.

Honestly, Disney Ep7 is starting to look worse & worse. Unneeded Ball-droid toy, worthless comic retcons , pointless spin-off movies for Obi-Won trilogy, young Han, Boba, Leia, & Deathstar codes. Typical Marvel, comic book retreading the same stories over & over.

I'll bet the next generation Skywalker will be Luke's kid, instead of Jaina Solo. How long until Han sees his ex-wife & future wife kiss??

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3
    deactivated-64fa9d029dbb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess it's time to get back into SW comics.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe: The EU was not fan-fic. The EU was officially sanctioned by Lucas. After the 1980's All SW comics and books had to fit into a continuity and be hacked off on by Lucas books. the death of any major character had to be personally approved by Lucas. Sue Rostoni was his right hand who helped keep all the authors on track. every book/comic had to mesh with what was previously established.

THEN CAME the 2008 Clone Wars TV show which completely jacked up the previous continuity of the EU (which had covered the Clone Wars in books and comic in great detail with many awesome stories) so you get what happened a couple years ago where Lucasfilm officially declared that all the previous EU material was non-canon.

Now keep in mind that non-Canon DOES NOT mean the same thing as fan fiction. Given the popularity of SW there has always been a goodly ammount of fan-fic for it also.

as a general rule, if it is a published book or comic and sold in stores, it is not fan-fic.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Cool, maybe Sana is why Lando greets Han in Empire at Bespin with, "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, after what you pulled."

^

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oops, I mean, I wasn't even close ...

When the Falcon lands on Cloud City and Han meets Lando, what he says is, "Why you slimy double-crossing no-good swindler ... you got a lotta guts comin' here after what you pulled ...

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betaraybdw: I don't think you know what you're talking about, actually. Fan fiction is created by the fans, not the actual creator. As far as I can tell, anyone writing for Lucas was inspired by the original trilogy (for instance, Timothy Zahn). Here's the kicker: fan fiction can also be commissioned by the creator and be canonized. The official logo works like a charm. People eat it up.

The book Scarlett received similar positive and negative reviews. The narrative completely changed and the characters went through a devolution, throwing out the trials and tribulations in the original novel. The author was commissioned by the publisher, although she lacked the fundamentals of rich, southern culture.

I guess it just bugs me that people will bring up fan fiction while completely ignoring the ones they already recognize. On that note, Faust.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BetaRaybdw

@sesquipedalophobe: Just because Tim Zahn, etc are fans does not make their novels Fan-Fic. It is not like they wrote them and then went to Lucas books hoping to get Blessed . In most cases with SW Novel Lucas books approached the authors and asked them to write books/series.

True Fan-Fic resides in fan-fic websites and back in the day in, hard copy Fanzines.

The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of mass-published Star Wars books and Comics are NOT fan fic

I DO KNOW WHAT THE HECK I AM TALKING ABOUT AND AS A MATTER OF FACT I HAVE READ EVERY PUBLISHED SW NOVEL AND COMIC FROM 1977 TO ABOUT 2009, after that not everything, but plenty of it.

And dude we are talking about Star Wars here no Gone with the Wind and Faust.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betaraybdw: I read most of them, too. I liked how Lucas ignored them for the prequels.

BetaRaybdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sesquipedalophobe: Apologies for "yelling",I see we will have to agree to disagree, though to be honest there was very little "If nothing" written about what we have come to know as the "prequel era" until after TPM came out. ( For the purposes of this discussion, I'm going to ignore the late 70's/early 80's Han & Lando books, and Splinter of The Mind's Eye & the Marvel & Newspaper Comics were all post Battle of Yavin) Everything SW book and comic related I recall from before TPM came out either dealt with time periods thousands of years before Yavin or after Yavin (and usually post-ROTJ). I fuzzily recall an interview with one of the SW authors from the 90s saying they had been told to leave alone the Clone War & times immediately leading up to it. No doubt because GL had the prequel in the works.

I have a feeling we could send the convo spiraling into EU book minutiae that would have most people scratching their heads.

Fav EU : Thrawn Trilogy, Karen Traviss' Republic Commando books, Bane Trilogy, Bounty Hunter wars Fett trilogy & The Last of the Jedi books published by Scholastic. And Star by Star

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orga777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know what this means for me! The new EU makes me miss the old one more and more. :/

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old EU is better IMO.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.