Strength and Honor (Wolf Pack vs. Veritas, Inc.)

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The Hunter

Outskirts of Miami, Florida - Mid Day

The lush Miami estate of a Florida Senator had been taken.  Corpses of highly-trained bodyguards were scattered all over the site and blood stained the hardwood floors.  The Senator, his family, and four military officials had been assembled in the large dining room.  The members of Wolf Pack had them surrounded and bound.  Stepping through the pools of blood which covered the floors of the estate, the Hunter walked into the room towards the group of individuals.

Without even making eye contact, he grabbed onto the Senator by the back of the man's collar.  In a display of physical power, the Hunter pulled the full grown man to his feet with ease and pushed him up against the wall for all to see.  Without pause, Greystoke drew out one of his large hunting knives and stuck it into the Senator's neck.  The Senator's wife and children began to wail as the Hunter then pulled the knife down - cutting open the Senator's torso, thus allowing the man's blood and intestines to pour out upon the ground.

With the man gasping for air and barely alive, the Hunter reached over with his spare hand and grabbed up two forks from the dining table.  He then took each fork and literally crucified the dying Senator up on the wall.... all without saying a single word.  The Senator's grieving wife watched helplessly as her husband was dying before her eyes.  She then tried to cover the eyes of her two still wailing children.

"Let your children see what their father has brought upon himself.  Let them see, woman...." the Hunter said in a low tone.  In rage, the Senator's wife jumped up and tried to attack the Hunter where he stood, only to be struck down by the back of his hand.  Looking at the other government officials in the room, the Hunter picked his knife back up and said, "They are next.  Make examples out of them....."

By the end of the day, the four military officials died slow and painful deaths.  Their bodies were decapitated then hung upside down in the main foyer.  When it was all done, the only survivors were the Senator's two children.  Frozen and in need of intense psychological treatment, the children were left outside sitting on the front doorstep as Wolf Pack left the scene.

As he walked away, the Hunter turned back towards the house.  He then walked up to the door and extracted the adamantium claws of his right hand.  On the door, he carved a large "W" followed by a "P" before turning away and leaving with the members of his team.

The Hunter had been taken away from earth; and in his absence, much had changed.  Now, HE was back.  WOLF PACK was back; and they had a job to do.  In truth,  they were just getting started...

OOC Thread Here.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

The thumb-print scanner made a soft buzzing noise, followed by an audible click as the heavy steel doorway slid open, revealing six men sitting back in reclining computer chairs and staring lazily at a dozen different monitors, each one showing a different room of the expansive Miami estate. A seventh man stepped in, yawning as he did, and set down the two cardboard cup holders and the large, caffeinated drinks that rested in them; taking a sip from his own cup, the new entrant took a seat at the one empty chair, spinning once in it to help wake himself up.

"Took you long enough, Lou," one of the other security guards snarled as he reached for one of the super-sized coffees. "A few officers show up for God knows what reason and we all need to pull a double shift. What's so f@cking important that Martinez needed to keep me away from my baby girl?"

"Shut up, Dave," One of the others called out as he rolled his eyes angrily. "We're all stuck here, so just shut the f@ck up before I do it for you."

"How about I save you the effort?" All six of the other guards looked towards Lou in with a questioning look on his face, one that instantly changed to shock and terror as the seventh guard raised his arm up and his forefinger stretched out like a blade, passing through the windpipe of each of them before they could upper a word. Ripping his arm back, Lou pulled his finger free and ripped all of their necks in half, severing their spines in the process. "Too easy." As he spoke Lou body seemed to ripple as it changed into that of Felix Black. Without another word, the shape-shifter rolled his chair over to the computer console, pushing the no longer recognizable bodies aside like rubbish. He rapidly began typing away at the keyboard for several moments before leaning back and taking another sip from his coffee cup. Ferro reached up to his ear and activated his comm. link. "The security system is down and the guards are taken care of. The mission is go." Felix observed on the monitor as the rest of the Wolf Pack moved into position; he watched with morbid fascination as the Hunter proceeded to gut and crucify Senator Martinez with practiced precision, and then again as the four military officers were dispatched with equal carnage. 

The last ten minutes had seen more bloodshed on this land then had been seen in the last twenty years. As the Pack finished their cold-blooded task Ferro struck several more keys, causing the disk from the video cameras that had recorded the entire ordeal to eject. He plucked it up, placed it in a protective case, and turned on his heel towards the door. The Pack was back.

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pulsar

As Pulsar sat by the window in the center of the Veritas' Warroom, he watched as Kurrent dragged himself through the doors. It had barely been a week since his last fight in the KOV tourney, and here he was was his stern face about to bark out orders. It was easy  to see the loss of his powers was getting to him, but he tried his hardest not to let on to it. He was just a man now. A human. The thought of it made Pulsar's blood run cold like being a human was a disease you could contract. Looking at him standing before them in his Black and Blue uniform, Pulsar could tell he wasn't fully healed, but knowing Kurrent, that wouldn't stop him. The man made a living going where the action was. Standing before the united members of Veritas, Kurrent held a large folder in his hands and began to speak.  

"Team, I appreciate you all making it here and  I hoped this to be a time where we can all relax and have a little fun but that  has suddenly changed. In my hand I have information linking several people that we all know , some of them are our friends but what has happened cannot go unpunished. In their nature they will not go down easy they will push hard but we will push harder. I hate the fact that I found this out but this is all part of the life. Team get ready because in the next few hours we have to take out, by any means necessary, The Wolf Pack!"   

Tossing the folder on to the large mahogany table that was in the center of the room, The various members of Veritas all looked at each other as if they hadn't heard Kurrent correctly, but the cold look on his face told the truth. Kurrent was deadly serious about this next mission. The Wolf Pack was known as a hard nosed team who specialized in results. And god help you if you were in their sights. They didn't stop. They didn't quit. They got the job done no matter who or what was in their way. Honestly, it was only a matter of time before Veritas was going to have to go after them. The Wolf Pack wasn't a group who's goal was to help anyone but themselves. They played their own game. And they played for keeps.  

Hopping up from the window seal, Pulsar walked towards the table and began to look over the picture of the group. They were a freakshow. A group of experiments gone wrong with a supernatural twist. Mutants, Lycans, Clones. This team had it all. As well as a body count that was almost ten times that of Jim Jones. If they weren't so goddamn screwed up they might have been an actual force for good, but they're lives had twisted them, made them hard. They had seen the worst humanity had to offer and were warped by it. It was time someone someone brought these puppies to their knees. And like always, Veritas was the ones to have to do it. Looking up at Kurrent as he grabbed the spread sheet of their overall powers and known weaknesses, Pulsar rubbed his head with his hand, and looked over towards Kurrent. 

"Haven't you learned by now, Kurrent. Veritas never has it easy. If we did, we might as well be in The Ice Dragons. Now, point us in their direction and watch us work." 
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Midnightist

A wolf

1.  any of several large carnivorous mammals of the genus Canis, of the dog family Canidae, esp.  C. lupus, usually hunting in packs, formerly common throughout the Northern Hemisphere but now chiefly restricted to the more unpopulated parts of its range. 

2.  a cruelly rapacious person.

"An animal he's an animal and we have to put them all down." Those are my orders now not to protect not to save lives but to hunt down and kill. I can't even add a noun at the end of that sentence because for the longest time I've been killing just about anything that you can describe as alive. I laugh out loud sometimes when I think about the kind of things I do just because someone told me to do them. 

For the last couple of....... god i've lost track of time but basically I've been losing my mind. I can't keep anything straight anymore. Things are just starting to not make sense anymore not like they used to my thoughts.... my thoughts are of killing." The black clad man in vision the sight of him standing over a mass of dead bodies. Not innocent civilians but fighters armed to the teeth with guns, knives and even teeth and claws. 

"I'm crazy. Thats why he sends me to do things because I'm crazy and he knows it."   
The wind blows by him. A cool breeze does a man good a times and sometimes it's the d@mn winds of change. He rises from the back of a stone gargoyle. He sniffs the air like a dog, no like a wolf. The irony is not lost on him all he's doing but he does it.  
"You caught it ,the smell. It's close enough. Almost taste but not quite. Isolate it. Process it. Engine Exhaust, a dog peeing on some grass. Focus don't lose it now." He sniffs again Whiskey, blood, fear. Got it." Reaching for his ear piece he tells his boss. "Kurrent I've located the scent I'm moving in"

A Few Hours Ago

His mind leaves this place and goes back a few moments to when he got his orders. He was walking to the briefing room once again like he has done before  and just like before he will listen and get a new mission. "Mid hold up a second." He held for a moment. He didn't need to turn around. He could recognize how the mans voice cut the air. He knew the odor of his cologne, but then again it doesn't take bioboosted senses or even a genius to know when Kurrent his talking to you. When you get to become a leader every word out your mouth start to sound like you barking orders. 

Midnightist: "Last time I checked you and me talking was saved for briefing rooms with tables and chairs and hot or cold beverages." 

Kurrent: "Shut up"  

"Something was wrong or maybe something had just changed. I heard it I've spent years with it and I know it anywhere. Self righteousness. When someone feels like their better than another human being based of off what they've done or said. I hate self righteousness but Kurrent where it well. "

Mid: "What do you want I see your letting your balls do the talking. I am impressed." 

Kurrent: " Do you know why dogs get put down. When dog starts to bite the wrong person for the wrong reason you can't have it around others. It becomes a danger to others and itself. It's not a fair process but people need to feel safe so they do anything they can to provide them with that safety. And then sometimes the dog is just to sick and crazy that your really doing them a favor. People are the same way. Prison isn't enough all the time sometimes we have to put humans down to. That why I created this team to put people down." 

Mid: "So what was the point of that little confusing @ss speech. Are we going to start putting dogs down or just stick with people" 

Kurrent: "I guess you could say where going to do both." 

Mid: "Whatever the f... that mean. Look either way I don't know why you came to me with this. You know I'm the crazy mass murdering one right. Do you remember when Andferne was alive I never heard the end of it when I killed someone what's the big deal. We're killing some bad guys like always right. 

Kurrent: "No. Thats the thing were not going to be killing bad guys. Where going to be killing good guys. 

Mid: "I'm not deaf so I think where bout to scrap cause I think by your tone where doing hero hunting work and I've had enough of that bull sh!t to last me a life time and you know that so why are you coming to me with this. ?"

Kurrent: "Because you don't follow orders. I could tell you not to jump off a bridge and you would do it. Thats why your on the team because you have a conscience and a gut and a free will a lot of other super hero teams don't have. Where about to be in some sh!t. I know some of it's going to hit the fan. I just want you gut ready for when that happens. But thats for later right now I need you to find someone."
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By G'bandit

Just a about a week had passed since the mercenary of greatness had returned from retirement after promising death to the one other than himself to dare wear the colors of the king of death dealers. The mask was once again back where it belong and the abilities even if they are not the same as before been de-powered but the skills of Band Lone under the mask are as sharp as ever.

The Red Brotherhood was in business once again, Band’s family was reunited.. However, the brotherhood was not the only reunion which fate had in store for him.

Gazing upon the beauty that can only be achieve at a perfect location and at a perfect evening, the Bandit been a nostalgic fool was contemplating the Hudson river as it reflected the moon’s lighting. “I am such a lady sometimes.” He said to himself as he sighed and keep staring at the river. “Don’t worry river, I can say all the awkward sissy comments I can about you because nobody knows I’m here.”

A loud stop is heard right behind the mercenary who quickly reacted by grabbing his gun and laying back on the rooftop pavement aiming his guns at whoever was behind him. “Band! There you are!” The merc hears the familiar voice and holds his itchy trigger finger. “Rain?” He rhetorically inquires toward his comrade. P. Rain his best field agent reaches the merc and sits just next to him on the ledge of a random building. “I was looking for you.” She said.

“What are you doing here-- How did you find me?” Inquired the mercenary who has great reputation for been a hard man to reach. “I knew you were escaping again when you said you needed some air, so I planted a bug on you when I fix up your utility belt. Is hard to detect a bug without your cyborg implants isn’t it?”

The mercenary quickly reach his utility belt and found the tracer and stare at it right before crushing it within his middle finger and thumb. “Yeah, those are quite expensive--But anyways“ She then reaches into her tight pants and retrieves a small enveloped. “-- I’m here because I went a few rounds with a man who claimed to be a messenger to your ex-doggy leader. He said he could smell you in my clothes- I guess we shouldn’t hug so often-- He claimed to have been searching for you over the past week seeking for your sent to deliver this thing.”

The merc opens the envelope and inside it was the a note from his family outside of the Brotherhood. The note was not a speech, it was a simple: “I need you.” from the king of the lycans… The Hunter.

With a smile on her face for the trill of a new mission Rain cheered: “Ooh, this means we are getting paid in medieval collectors again, huh? Can‘t wait to kick some ass!”
 Its been a while since Band had turn away from Wolf Pack seeking to cut the ties.. A mercenary shouldn’t have ties, for everyone is suppose to be expendable, but when it came to Wolf Pack in Band’s eyes it was an exception. “No, we are not taking the mission.. Red Brotherhood will stand down, only I am to answer this.” Tightening her brow Rain seeks for an explanation: “But, we are a team, why don’t you want us to help?” She inquired.

Band stood to his feet and placed the enveloped in his utility belt. “For someone like Hunter to ask for my help directly it must be something large,  you and Albany will just get on my way.. I can’t have you two on the field-- Besides, you have to fill in for me in R.O.R while I’m gone… Concentrate on that.” Band then looked down and focus on the street below before he turned to his comrade to give her a farewell. “Don’t bother in tracking me this time… I’m getting naked the first chance I get..” He said before winking to his comrade which brought a smile to her face. “Goodbye.” Said the mercenary before he energized and just disappeared.

Present time:

Growling filled the wind as the blade held by a shady crimson dark mercenary was placed back on its sheath. Several guards were just laying on the ground as the pack entered the premises. From outside while the merc provided guard on the outside, inside the yelling of women and children could be caught by the ears of the blood-merc. Gasping was also caught by the merc’s ear as well as the banging of a blunted weapon as it hit a surface of a metallic object. There was blood in the air and the words of the hunters could be heard as well.

"Let your children see what their father has brought upon himself.  Let them see, woman...."

It was obvious that a great level of carnage had taken place and the senator was no more. The sharp sound of a blade been dragged or picked up from the floor then reach the merc’s ears before Hunter’s voice did as well. “They are next, make examples out of them.” And there it was.. The song Bandit was waiting to be played. While the wolf pack exited the premises G’bandit then walked in to finish the job like a real torture specialty would……

Nothing but agony was heard from the government officials just before the merc walked back out of the room. Like meat in a butchery they were hanged by titanium wired, blinded and castrated. From their lips hanged their own privates…

Bandit then walked out leaving nothing but a chuckled behind as he teleported away.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Sovereign Son

Her voice was full of worry as she spoke to him, MR always kept an eye on all goverment lines and one just went black, she had hacked into a goverment satelite and did not like what she saw from the sky. It finally happened, he thought taking a puff from the cigar, the thick cloud danced in the air as he walked to the weapons room. So many times people had taken justice into their own hands and placed the meta and vigilante community at risk because of not wanting to trust the justice system they pretended to fight for. So many innocents had fallen over the years, friends and families torn apart in battles to up hold justice. But even justice has a line, if you want to fight to save yourself how far is one man willing to go. Reaching out his fingers wrapped round the katanna Gambler’s daughter had given him and he placed it on the back of his black battle suit, placing two silver magnums in their holsters on his hips he pulled over his mask and the world came alive as Intel flooded in along his visor. So many heroes and friends had fallen, Andfere, RL, Nano, Nighthunter and the list continues all to up hold justice they believed in each one had a had a story of revenge of hate. Sovereign Son himself had watched his family die at the hands of one of the most evil men in the world and then was forced to watch it again and again years later and in those moments he sought to kill the ones he held accountable. But Andferne showed him that Justice was something worth fighting for, Cyro Wolf had saved him from hanging himself the day his family had died and from all that pain came a new life, a new family and a new sense of right and wrong.

Hunter had acted out of his own selfish egotistical way. He wanted to send the world a message and that was what he had done, now the world only had one answer. To send friend against friend and there would be blood their was no doubt, Sovereign Son had once spoke to hunter and reminded him about brining innocents into the battle field when he lay waste to a prison facility. He knew of the senators past and his dealings and the justice system had already began building their case, but that took years and some people wanted answers now, blood paid with blood. But that will only ever lead to more blood. Walking down the halls of vetrias Sovereign Son sighed and walked past the hall where the team where getting briefed, they would slow him down in the long run. The elevator door closed and the soft tone of music distracted him from his thoughts for a moment, Vetrias tower had that new smell as the elevator came to a stop he walked out without making a noise and there she sat. His black beauty, a 1967 chevy impla, opening the boot he moved his cd collection and guns to the side and found what he was looking for. Placing it in his hand he suddenly teleported from the spot, a golden glow around his body.

Reappearing in a room covered with blood he stopped his ears listening for any movement but they where gone, the bloodshed around him flashed into his mind every detail was being processed at once, the smells, the depths of the cuts he could tell which members of Wolf Pack had played their parts, every body had a story to tell, each cut was a clue to who had to be brought in. Bodies hung from the walls and with a quick cut of his adamanitum blade they fell to the floor and he reached over closing each of their eyes. “God what did they do” he heard a voice in his ear piece “not yet honey” he said in a gentle voice, he had heard the children as he first came in and walked to the front door, they looked up at him in fear and he said nothing but kneeled down and sat beside them, no words escaped his mouth he just sat and slowly the children began to let their tears take them over, reaching out he pulled them in and they let him, hugging into him “Lets get you somewhere safe huh” then the voice came back “Hon the police are   on their way along with the service, I was lucky I caught this on the wide band and got you there before they walked all over the scene, how are the kids.” Mike saw the red lights in the distance a light fog had began to surround the building.

“Okay kids the police are going to be here soon,” he held out a small device. “I need to go “ they held tighter scared to let go “Mike” her voice said in his ear, he knew what he had to do, chasing down wolf pack was not important right now the rest of the team would do it soon enough holding the children close “Don’t worry im not going anywhere yet okay, I will look after you” Mikes mind went to Hunter, only a coward would do this to children, a man with no honour. I do not need to make him pay; he is not even worth the time of day. Standing up the right lights flashed over mikes armour as he stood the children hanging on each of his arms. He walked over and looked at the medic’s that where running towards him “They are in deep shock, lets get them to the nearest hospital”. A government agent ran into the building and instantly came out again throwing up. Mike placed the children in the back of the ambulance and sat with them “Don’t worry im here” he removed his mask and he watched as the door shut on him, the government where on the scene and now the battle would start, but Mike would find himself not fighting the villains but helping the people they left in their wake. The Wolf pack where not a team, they where not even people any more they where simply animals.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Vine Prodigies Academy

“god what did he do?" she asked of her husband as he walked the debris that was left  "not yet honey" he replied, his voice strained as he saw what they had done, she held back the vomit rising in her throat. Photos flashed across the screen of what the Wolf Pack had done to the senator and his family, she knew the senator well, several government bodies had been focusing carefully on his actions and his possible links to drugs, terrorism and even child pornography. Apparently  Wolf Pack had decided to take matters into their own hands, though how they went back to their kennels and validated what they had done in that house was beyond her. Their behaviour reflecting that of the Vine Villains, pure sadism mixed with a glory in death that was specific to people who bathed in the blood of their victims, revelled in it, she had followed the Wolf Packs movements absently throughout the years, nothing they had done ever really making her stand up and notice them until now. She had sent out word to every government and non government department she had contacts with, to keep this situation as quiet as possible, in and out and let Veritas handle the aftermath, no publicity for them. 

Sending out word to Kurrent and Veritas was the only course of action for her, she knew he had plans of playing  with the dog den, but that was a plan that was in the smaller stages, Kurrent being the keen thinker and brave man he was, wanted to take down the team for their brash behaviour, for him it would be more of a tournament of wills, but now it was a matter of taking down those that have caused so much suffering, even if the man deserved it, none of those around him did. Seeing now what he was capable of, she had learnt fast that Hunter was a cruel and horrid man, hiding behind honour and strength he knew nothing of either. 

The monitors in front of her flashed as her fingers moved deftly over the keys and buttons, pushing the pictures aside and monitoring the Veritas Tower, her husband and the police and services dealing with the Senators home, finishing talking to her husband, relieved that those children were safe she rubbed her eyes. A blonde woman appeared on the monitor in front of her, Solaces reflection grave as she watched Sarah work, neither woman said anything to each other as Sarah worked, Solace had been joining Sarah in a lunch when the word came through, both women shocked at the horrors that the Wolf Pack had thrust upon that family. “Can I do something Sarah?” Solace’s voice was stern as she addressed her old teacher, “just stay with me for now Maya, soon they will need you, but for now Sovereign Son will handle the cleanup” Maya took a seat behind Sarah and watched the photos and images, information flooding across the multiple screens “how could they do that to that poor man Sarah?” Mayas gentle voice spoke next to her as Sarah held back tears “The Senator was known for being a supporter of… well things we would rather he wasn’t, but his family were innocent, Greystroke stepped over the line on this one” nodding Maya crossed her long legs next to Sarah and sighed slightly, Sarah reached out and touched her leg “don’t worry honey, we are going to rip them apart, there is more than one way to skin a dog you know” the screens in front of them flashed as the multiple notes on the Wolf Pack began to appear from all over, information on their base, their funding, their history, Sarah would learn it all and attack where it would really hurt if, she could find where that was. 

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By talon_x23

“If you make a mistake in your life and don’t fix it that is a mistake.” Confucius

Those were the worlds that preoccupied the immortal mind of the young lycaness known as Talon. The young feral warrior has braced herself her mind and her momentum on concentration and stability of the mind itself. The lush forest green surpassed the long mountainous.   Peeks that surrounded her as each single blade of grass was tossed aside buy the strong gale that flew over the mountains pillaging its grace through every single crack and stood with in its path. It’s icy chill stung like daggers to the young girls exposed skin its strong gale wrapped around her body like unclasped hands that prepared o wrap itself around her figure. It caused the rough soil to harden and the autumn leaves to blow uncontrollably to wherever it desired.

Her eye lids were shut as she deeply inhaled and exhaled the fresh air of nature. All the elements seemed to be in balance as she deeply breathed in and sighed it out all the same. Laura…that was her name appearing to be as simple as the forests that grew around her. Yet it was the space after it as complex as the mazes in sand dunes of the Sahara.  She endured the pure silence that managed to be bestowed upon her by her own desire. Her mind was deep in thought but meditation she was never going to be able to enter. She saw no point in it and she knew that it was something her tormented soul would never be able to achieve.

Instantly the silken was shattered like a bullet shooting through a glass window, the blades of broken crystal scattered across the floor. On cue her emerald eyes shot open, fully alert like daggers being thrown across an empty room she soon searched the area. The shuffling of ground swiftly flowed as Laura’s prompt leap to her feet followed almost perfectly after. Her neck turned almost completely around with her back  faced to whoever was approaching. Her heel soon dug deep into the earth as she forced a 180 degree turn as her emeralds now faced the intruder. Instantly with out hesitation or remorse or even getting a good look at the new comer her hand moved to her belt and she swiftly threw with great speed yet powerful accuracy her Winchester Riot Dagger.

It literally sun through the forceful gale that pushed in the counter direction she had thrown in. And as if the panicle of its song the blade finally lodged itself into an unaware animal hunter’s chest, more precisely the heart. Her emerald eyes for a moment flared to the colour of the dawning sun as she realized what she had done. Cruces filtered through her lips as her feet slowly approached the now dead carcass. Crouching down to observe her prey she briskly pulled out the dagger that was tightly lodged with in his chest. As her left hand tightly griped the hilt she wrapped her right around the blade itself wiping the blood onto her own hand.

With this completed she placed it back into its sheath that was attached to her leather belt around her hips and walked onward. A single sniff of the air told her one thing: Wolf Pack was nearby it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure that out just a clone. As she continued her feet sliding against the grass scorching the soil a run she soon broke too the when smell of blood entered her nostrils. But her run soon stopped dead as her eyes laid upon the building that resonated death itself. Now her mind shifting gears from attack o cautious she slowly approached the vicinity. It was Wolf Pack alight the scents, the smells their paw prints were all over it. Felix Black technology genius, Chameleon stealth and speed ‘resembled the entrance. Risky, Laura’ could detect her bullets from anyone else’s. And finally William Greystoke, the leader of Wolf Pack and her adopted father along with being King of The Lycan Underworld but what where titles? They were everything in this world.

Slowly her hand pushed against the already splintered door as a slight and almost silent gasp escaped her lips. The floor had been laid with blood, bodies mutilated beyond understanding or compare was stranded upon the hall way like a welcoming gift. It was at that point that little Laura’s mind soon took control as it whispered the screams that these people must have given off the terror they must have felt. You would have thought like a monster like her would simply walk away with no emotions…not Laura not now. Anger: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong personified as one of the deadly sins.

Memories not of the present but of the long dreaded past that had somehow been kicked up by what she witnessed. It was strange she had committed monstrosities far surpassing this, but the fact that Wolf Pack had done this, and with not a reason, at least she was not aware of one. Like always when not on a mission or being called by Hunter she resided away from the based either in the ICE Dragons Lair with the woman known as Cellywyn or searching for her mother. This was odd because she had never had contact with anyone outside of Wolf Pack, this woman this goddess which is what she was had happened to be the first.

Flashing before her eyes was her own child hood, she remembered it well just like it was yesterday and in truth in her mind it was.

Fire, it consumed the mansion consumed the rooms that she had once spent ages in. It consumed the office that she remember sitting in those countless times, being lectured about how things are done in humanity, but now all to show for it was simple wood being consumed by the constant blaze that spread from one room to another. And in this fire there was a child no younger than the age 9, her feet hitting against he heated meal sizzling over the heat. The girl panted without hesitation gasping in smoke and coughing it out almost at the same time. Her bright bottle green eyes searched every room she passed hooping to see someone anyone yet that was not to be.

Eventually reaching the door to the cafeteria her already burned hands pressed against the metal door that halted her run. She let out a small cry and salty tears slid down her grubby cheeks now stained with ash. Coughing greatly as she pushed aside the silver door she found herself dripping as the door just managed to give way. Staggering to the floor her whole body face down she cringed slightly as she felt a wet substance soon enter her nostrils and her mouth. Slowly sitting up her eyes shut she wiped it away only to open her eyes and see pools of it scattered all over the room now filled with debris. Her eyes wide with terror scanned the area as she finally realized the horrific truth that what she thought was debris was actually bodies…or body pieces to be more specific scattered across the marble floor. She didn’t move she didn’t cry she remained immobilized staring in pure pain and anger at what had unfolded her mind connecting the dots of what had happened. This was her first home, her first family her friends and they were all dead…

Like that she snapped into reality but the sight still remained the same. Aside from the fire everything was almost identically heads with horrified expressions of maids and servants just killed instantly by horrible painful ways. As she found herself slowly exiting the house of the dead she found two tear eyes children that sat on the porch crying their hearts out. Another memory flashed yet like lightning, she saw herself as a girl,   surrounded by the ash of her home, the bodies of her family and stained with their own blood, much like these two children were. The moment she came in sight they turned to look at her she felt slightly unnerved by their stares as she only asked “What happened…” neither replied as they looked at the doors that she has pushed open. Taking a step forward Laura turned to observe it and what was on it scared her…but even more angered her, WP in scripted on the door.

“I’m so sorry…” was all she managed to utter before following the scents of that of Wolf Pack, they left more than scents they left a blood stained trail of death! AS she ran gasping for air the anger boiled strong and stronger within her. Eventually a deep growl erupted as they came in sight making good time and going fast but she was faster. Talon didn’t know what was happening but she knew that what ever   it was she was going to deal with it. Wolf Pack were many things but no monsters…no that was her job. She did things like this all the time and many times Wolf Pack had done it as well…then why was she feeling this way!? Why, why were long lost memories and her child hood being brought to the front just because of a massacre!?

Eventually she managed to take a short cut and then stopped right in front of her team but more importantly The Hunter. Her emerald eyes stared Daggers at Hunter as she found herself panting hideously. Her eyes were focused on Hunter and only Hunter as her twin claws in both hands instantly unleashed. She didn’t know what to say she didn’t know why she was doing this but she only had this to say “You monster…” there was a deep pause as she attempted to slap William Greystoke himself “I don’t care what you have to say why you did it I don’t care at all” her voice was as hard as stone “But all I have to say is you are a monster…..I hate you”. Those words were out of her mouth before she could stop them, and with that she turned her heel and walked toward   Wolf Pack base…to back her things and go.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kurrent

As some members of the team scattered other remained in the the War Room with Kurrent. He hated waiting and not being in the fight but it was the right move. To go against a team like Wolf Pack they were not only going to need courage but brains as well and with the roster that made up Veritas they had each of those to spare. About 3 hours had passed and the Kurrent was starting to receive word from the members in the field. Mid was first to call in followed by Sov, both men had special talents and they were exactly where they needed to be considering the situation, it was easy to lead a team with these guy on it. 

Looking around he could tell that the team was ready to do something. What Wolf Pack had did was inexcusable. Kurrent had suspicions about them for some time now and had someone tracking their every move. The guy was good but for Hunter not to know he was being followed was unlikely so that made it sting even more. He wanted Veritas to know what The Pack was doing, he wanted his message heard loud and clear and that was how it was received.  After taking a second to gather his thought he began to speak on the open com link so that all Veritas members could hear...

Mid -Following the trail of The Wolf Pack "Stand down!!! I need you to follow The Pack let us know what moves they make and when they make them. Try to stay as high as possible. Only attack if you are provoked and don't be all John Wayne, if you need help call it in."

Sov - "He is on ground where the Wolf Pack first attacked "Do what you can, if anything to keep this from getting out to the media. I have a feeling that this is going to be the first of many attacks. Get the government to understand that this needs to be handled as quietly as possible and that we are making it our top priority" Kurrent hoped the agents on ground would listen to Sov. They didn't stand a chance against Wolf Pack and if the people found out about what they were doing The Hunter they would be playing right into what The Hunter was more than likely trying to do. 

Red - "Coordinate with Sov, if the family need a place to stay The Academy will be the safest place. Also can you see if you can find any connections with the dead officials to anyone else that might be the next target." 

Solace - "I need you to do what you can to locate Talon. If she is with the Pack get her away from them. We might be able to cripple them emotionally by taking her down first" It was imperative that Solace take down Talon. That girl is the wild card! 

"Pulsar you are with me, the rest of head to were the rest of you start heading to Mid's location. Stay at least 500 meters away from where he is so that they don't track you. When it goes down and it probably will get to him as fast as you can and separate the members of Wolf Pack from each other. They fight well as a unit but one on one we can take them....Pulsar and I are headed to New York. They wanted to send us a message we will send one right back" 

New York HQ of Wolf Pack (30 minutes later)

The last remaining zoom tube got Kurrent and Pulsar to NY from Orlando very fast but still Kurrent feared it might nowt be fast enough. By now other innocent people could be dead or worse the way The Wolf Pack was handling things. He assumed that being in the US they would more than likely staged up in this location and any plans that they might have made were here.  Looking at Pulsar he said "this place is probably guarded by Hunters puppies, we need to get look around and find whatever intel we can gather to find out who is next on their hit list and if any dog gets in the way, well you know what to do" Together the two me cleared the gate. The darkness of the sky was the perfect cover and the moon gave perfect light. Before reaching the door it seemed too easy but that idea was crushed when the hair behind Kurrent stood and as he looked around all he could see were about 8 pairs of red eyes. He slowly pulled out his silver knives keeping them at his side while walking forward. His mission was not to fight but to get intel and saves live but if he happened to be attacked the right thing to do would be to answer the message The Wolf Pack had sent with one of his own. 
The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Hunter

North American Wolf Pack HQ - New York (11:35 P.M.)

Eight hulking lycans surrounded Kurrent and Pulsar.  With their eyes glowing red, claws prepared to slash, and their bared fangs dripping with saliva, they truly were the thing of nightmares.  As they all crouched preparing to lunge, the beasts held back.  A slow clapping sound could be heard from behind them as the Hunter made his way into plain view.  "Well done, old boy..." he said to Kurrent.  "Well done....  Now, I assume that you are here regarding that little 'incident' which took place in Miami this morning.  Correct?"

Placing his hands behind his back, the Hunter slowly walked right up to Kurrent and looked him in the eye.  "By getting yourself involved, you may think that you are intervening on behalf of honor and justice." he said.  "For every action, there is a reaction.  That is how the universe works - always has, always will.  What happened this morning had its purpose.  However, when certain individuals get involved, it defeats that purpose."

With just a look, the Lycan King summoned his warriors to stand down.  "I will allow you to live, Kurrent." he said.  "For I believe that you are destined for a greater purpose in solving this puzzle.  You now have three options.  You can either join us in our quest, or you can simply stay out of our way.....  Then there is the third option:  You can try to oppose us."  With that, the Hunter's adamantium claws silently slid out.  "In less than one hour, a detachment of Wolf Pack will begin an assault on the precious Vine Prodigies Academy and they will NOT hold back.  There is no way that you can stay here to fight me and STILL make it to the Academy before it is too late.  Keep in mind, this is what will happen if you pick that third option."

The lycans then stepped away, clearing a path towards the Veritas zoom tube.  With his hands still behind his back, the Hunter stood firm.  A slight smile began to creep upon his face as his eyes occasionally glanced upon the features, posture, and eyes of Kurrent and Pulsar.  In an almost mocking tone, he then said, "Decisions, decisions, decisions....  What will it be Kurrent?  Join us and learn the truth behind our actions, simply stay out of our way, or go down while trying to stop us?"
Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Midnightist

His breathing was unusual and rough. His feet where no where near the lower levels of the ground. Like the classic street level vigilante he was running across the roof tops. It doesn't take him long to reach the center of the scent he was tracking. After one more massive leap from one roof to another he lands silently on top mansion. The ceiling has a glass window perfect for looking in on what;s going on. This is a recon mission after all. What can be the harm in getting a peak of what's inside a massive stone structure when it's your job after all. He makes himself quiet holding his breath slowing down his heart rate he watches in on butchering of an evil man.  

He knows what's going on and he knows he has time to save a mans life. Keep a family intact, save the children and wife from being scared for the rest of their lives and maybe allow someone to be redeemed for years of bad deeds and turn a new leaf. He reaches for his sword and pushes the hilt up with his thumb. He has it all planned out. "Jump through the roof like a hero. Make him back up from the sudden entrance. Slice his arm off taking away his weapons. Pry the knife from his dead hand jab it into his neck then spin it around cutting off his head the finis him off by slicing him in half with your sword in 3......2......"  

"Stand down!!! I need you to follow The Pack let us know what moves they make and when they make them. Try to stay as high as possible. Only attack if you are provoked and don't be all John Wayne, if you need help call it in."      He puts his sword back in it's sheath. No need to break orders he thinks. He feels like this is the right decision. Their are no assurances aside from death. So why not use death to make the world a better place.

Hunter is a killer with no remorse. No more like an artist he jabs a knife in a corrupt man's neck and opens his body up like a package in the mail. For a second Midnightist almost swears he saw him smile for a second as he tore him open and bathed in his blood.  "Let your children see what their father has brought upon himself.  Let them see, woman...."  "They are next.  Make examples out of them....."  

The Alpha male marks his territory before leaving on the hunt once more. He waits for them to leave a little bit before making the time to radio in to Kurrent and keep him informed on what's going on. This thing has to be precise and he needs to keep them involved. "Kurrent they're on the move. Will continue to move with the pack. Your going to need to send the other members ahead of me. These guys aren't going to waste time and keeping my distance just means I'm slower than I should be. I'll contact you later when I get more information Midnightist out" He turns back to look at the tears of the wife and the blood of the husband. He wishes he could care, he wishes he could feel like the others feel that this is wrong and Veritas is right, but he's just not sure. He leaps off the roof going back on the hunt.

Morning_Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Morning_Dew

It had only been two weeks time since; Maya was attacked in her Hotel, the scars still visible on her face however, there wasn’t a bigger shock coming to her than what she was watching on TV. The U.S Senator had been executed, but Solace really could care less about HIM, she never saw eye to eye with him on his views; he made comments about Haiti that Maya herself couldn’t excuse; however his family was completely innocent. It was murders like this that sometimes made Maya wish the SHRA was still in place, Hunter and the Wolf Pack, were too wild, and they needed to be put down.

Maya’s former teacher Sarah was helping her get through the tragedy, for the moment her orders were to stay put. Looking at the photo’s before her she bring herself to tears, the sickening images caused her mascara to smudge, She had to put the pictures down, they brought anguish and despair through her chest.   Placing her face in her hands she began to cry and pray for the souls that had been lost. Turning to Sarah she couldn’t help but voice her opinions.

“They are murders; They need to be put down themselves, nothing but Cowards, WHEN’S THE LAST TIME HUNTER FOUGHT SOMEONE STRONGER THAN HIMSELF! NEVER! HE PICKS WITH THE HELPLESS, JUST BECAUSE HE GET’S AN ERECTIONS THAT PEOPLE CAN’T FIGHT HIM BACK. I FOR ONE WILL NOT STAND BY AND LET THIS COWARD LIVE ANYMORE!   Maya’s anger began to manifest it’s self her eyes flashed purple, while a mystic aura surrounded her body.

“I must be going to pick my son up from school” Maya exited the room, with her feelings, at a fever pitch.

She remembered her Mother had picked Rameek up from school, so She switched her consciousness to the clone sitting at the VERITAS HQ, She “Arrived” while Kurrent was giving, orders, she could only assume that he was talking about the Hunter thing.

He walked right over to her sternly and commanding and looked Maya in the eyes, she was probably the youngest thing on the whole team, she had little experience and she was having a real hard time with Acne, all that aside he gave her, Her very first mission as a member of VERITAS.

"I need you to do what you can to locate Talon. If she is with the Pack get her away from them. We might be able to cripple them emotionally by taking her down first"

Maya didn’t know who Talon was; they had never encountered each other’s or crossed paths, she nodded her head, understanding, but then again not understanding her orders. She knew that the Wolf pack’s leader: Hunter needed to be brought down, however Maya saw no reason to kill Talon because of it.

She didn’t even know how to kill, it wasn’t one of ICE’s Principals, however she needed to remind herself that, She was no longer a dragon…”Kill one…Save a thousand” she whispered and then headed off to her room to dowse for Talon.

“Ugh, can’t locate her…Maybe my mother can” Pressing both of her hands together she disappeared from Veritas in a Indigo light and reappeared at the LOVE HQ. Many of the scientist, were busy doing other things to notice her, however she slipped into the room where her mother was sitting, with Maya’s son.

“Mommie!” Rameek screamed running over to her, and jumping in her arms. “Hey little one, how was school.” He looked at her and then replied. “Fun! We finger painted!” Maya gave him a smile and then kissed his cheek. “Why don’t you go play with Feral Nova, I need to speak with Grandma” he ran off leaving the secluded exit.

“Hello Dear, I thought you were spending the day at the Academy with Desiree?” her mother said not looking up from her work.

“I am…well kind of, listen I need you to locate someone for me…” Maya knew convincing her mother to find Talon was like getting Hitler to attend a Synagogue.

“Locate who, and for what?” Gwen said not looking up still from her work. Maya could never draw her attention; she hated to see her mom so wrapped up in work, that it owned her life. “I need to find Talon” Gwen dropped her pen and glanced up at her 17 year old daughter, and raised her eyebrow. Maya hated when her mother just watched her, she felt uneasy and jittery. “What do you need to find her for…this has nothing to do with the attacks on the Senators does it?

Maya looked around, but then finally made a stand. “MOM I just need you to do this for me!” Gwen stood up, calm and collected; she never yelled, she only spoke with a stern tone. “You want me, to let you…a 17 year old girl…go chasing after a savage animal.”

“Yes! The same way you let a 18 year old girl go off to war on another planet and get herself killed!” Maya’s words hit Gwen deep, while it was true Gwen, never got angry, she always regretted. “Fine…Maya…you want to be a big girl now…you want to take orders from Kurrent and become a murderer like the rest of them…fine go.” Gwen typed Talon’s name into the database, and in a way similar to how Google earth worked, the satellites found Talon a few miles away from the WP base.

Gwen turned her back on Maya with her hands folded, Maya hated this feeling, however it couldn’t be helped she exited the building.

“You’re not really going to let her go are you?” Taki said coming in after she left. Gwen turned to Taki and then dropped down holding her head. “What else can I do….<Sigh> get me Kurrent’s number”

Maya teleported again, now she was not far from New York, she spotted Talon, like her mother said she was.

“Talon, I’m sure you heard about the attacks on the Senators… because of your alliance, with the WP, your coming with me conscious or not” Maya’s eyes were flashing red, ready to attack, hoping for a surrender.

Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Day Hunter

A Few Hours Ago

The smell of alcohol now fumigated Samuel's room in the Veritas HQ. Empty bottles of Jack Daniels lay scattered across the floor amoungst the empty ammunition shells and cloths. In the far corner of the room Samuel lay hidden under his bed sheets, another bottle of Jack Daniels slowly slipping from his tired grasp as he awoke. His eyes opened and for a few moments appeared glazed before his super human abilities erased all evidence of his drinking from his own body. Slowly he sat up and tossed the blanket away from himself before standing and crushing a couple of bottles under his feet. The shattered glass dug into the flesh of his feet cutting away at the muscle and digging deep until he felt a few pieces dig into a few of his tarsals. He didn't even acknowledge the pain, the pain that was now spreading up through his shins like a disease, as he walked over to his dresser. As he slipped into his typical dress the sound of metal crashing against metal rung out from his door. Instinctively he reached over and grabbed his beretta93 and spun his now bloody heels as his door opened revealing the new team android mid had named Andrew. A strange sound rung out from the droids metal mouth as he peered into the room. 

My my sir. It appears you've been drinking. Tell me, though your room's current state is clear evidence of your drinking your body currently does not register any indications of the drinking? Samuel couldn't help but laugh to himself at the question. "Super human abilities mate, its gonna take alot more alcohol than this to even get me buzzed." Ah very good sir. I'll begin cleaning this immediately, meanwhile Kurrent has called a meeting at 7 o clock sharp sir. Samuel simply grunted to himself, ever since his fight with Talon he hadn't felt like doing anything with the team. Nothing in the KOV went as Samuel had hoped, first Talon got away, then he suffered defeat due to her escape, then the love of his life left him claiming she couldn't deal with the stress anymore and she just wanted "some time alone". 

"Andrew? What time is it?" Its 6:15 sir. Might I ask why you inquire? "I got somewhere to go, thanks for cleaning guy." With those final words Samuel holstered a gun and a knife before walking out to his car and driving away from the HQ. 

Moments later Samuel's car pulled to a stop infront of a large house. There he pulled out a pair of binoculars and began spying into the house. Suddenly a young brunette woman walked across the bedroom window and spied out. Suddenly she froze and simply gazed out, Samuel wondered if she could see him as a smile suddenly formed across her face. Before he had time to react a red sports car pulled into the driveway, after a few seconds the driver honked the horn. Samuel began to observe the man, he had short brown hair, he appeared to be between 25 and 29, white/caucasian, and apparently loaded with cash. Suddenly the beautiful young woman emerged from the front door wearing a short red sundress, low cut, she wore matching red heels and her hair down. She ran out to the car and jumped into the passenger seat. The man threw the car in reverse and flew out of the driveway. As the car began to speed down the road Samuel sunk in his seat as the young woman glanced over at him. He looked into the rear view mirror to see the girl peering back at him, her hair flowing like a waterfall in the wind. 

After a few moments of sitting there in his car Samuel peered down at his watch, "6:45" he mumbled to himself as  he started the engine to head back to the V tower. Upon reaching his destination he quickly made his way to the conference room to join his comrades and listen to Kurrent speak.  

"Team, I appreciate you all making it here and  I hoped this to be a time where we can all relax and have a little fun but that  has suddenly changed. In my hand I have information linking several people that we all know , some of them are our friends but what has happened cannot go unpunished. In their nature they will not go down easy they will push hard but we will push harder. I hate the fact that I found this out but this is all part of the life. Team get ready because in the next few hours we have to take out, by any means necessary, The Wolf Pack!"  

The entire time Kurrent spoke Samuel had been spacing in and out, he had alot on his mind these, but then three words snapped Samuel back into focus. Those three words made a giant grin form across Samuel's face as he began thinking about what he was being granted here, the team was, going after none other than, WOLF PACK! This was his opportunity to get back at Talon, to get back at her for all she had caused to happen to him. As the team got up and dispersed Samuel followed suite but paused at the door for a moment as Kurrent pulled Mid off to the side. On some level Samuel was curious as to what was happening but then he let it go, he decided he didn't care, he was going after Talon and no one better get in his way, this time he wasn't going for a mission, or to protect anybody, or even to fight for the people, this time he was going for blood!

Minutes Ago Time

Samuel had followed agent Sovereign Son hoping on stumbling across Wolf Pack or more importantly Talon. As he pulled to a stop a short distance away from the Miami estate another devious grin formed across his face as he saw his target, "TALON!" He grumbled to himself as grabbed his mask to put it but he stopped as he suddenly saw the girl running away and none other that SS himself appearing. He paused for a few moments as his eyes fell upon a picture of he and Moriah. Suddenly her words rushed to him in one big wave...

Babe, I don't know whats happened to you but whoever this Talon is...I hope you find what your looking for ok? Listen if push comes to shove don't get yourself killed, please! 

With that his head cleared again and he refocused he flipped a switch on the dash of the car and drove off in the direction that Talon had gone. 

"Yo Kurrent I want you know, while I'm with the team on bringing down Wolf Pack, I need you to keep everyone away from Talon. She's mine and I'm not letting anyone get in my way. This is personal, give your orders but I know that if I get the chance to strike her down....I won't hold back!" 
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pulsar

Sitting on the War Room's table watching Kurrent shout out assignment to the other members of Veritas over the Com links they all wore in their ears, Pulsar read the list of confirmed hits the Wolf Pack had been linked to since the team started. It read like a phone book. Arms Dealers, Government Scientists, Various members of the Intell community. Most of their targets all fit the same profile. Double dealing bastards who thought they were smarter than they actually were and wind up getting caught with their pants down. Intelligent people with power were historically known for letting their intelligence screw them over. There's always someone smarter willing to do the things they weren't. And in making the decision to go after The Wolf Pack, Kurrent would have to no only outsmart them, but be willing to do things and go to lengths that even they would deem crazy. 

Looking away from the Wolf Pack's files, Pulsar could feel Kurrent's eyes on him. Turning to meet his gaze, Kurrent spoke quickly while continuing to give orders over the Com Link. 

"Pulsar you are with me, the rest of head to were the rest of you start heading to Mid's location. Stay at least 500 meters away from where he is so that they don't track you. When it goes down and it probably will get to him as fast as you can and separate the members of Wolf Pack from each other. They fight well as a unit but one on one we can take them....Pulsar and I are headed to New York. They wanted to send us a message we will send one right back"  

Finally, they were getting out of that damn Castle. He had no idea why he was going with Kurrent, but it didn't matter to him. He had his orders and it was time to carry out their mission. Following Kurrent out of the War Room and down to the Sub-Basement towards the Zoom Tubes, Pulsar mind was raced with images of violence. Whatever was in New York was about to find out it's not good to be on Veritas' bad side the hard way.  

Stopping just shy of the Zoom Tube as Kurrent began to arm himself with an assortment of silver knives, Pulsar spotted Doc, Veritas' Medical officer simply staring at Kurrent and walked over to him. It was no secret amongst the members of Veritas that that was no love between Doc and Pulsar, but they tried their hardest to push it to the side and work with one another. Standing side by side with Doc, Pulsar smiled as the man didn't even acknowledge his presence. The man liked like a frail child next to him but in reality he was 5'9" and weighted 180lbs. Unfortunetly for him, Pulsar was 6'5" and 240lbs. Sidestepping closer to Doc to the point where he was almost standing over him, Pulsar began to laugh almost directly in his ear, but even this didn't unnerve him. Staring at him from the corner of his eyes, Doc spoke in his normal hushed tone. 

"So he choose you to go with him. He must really be crazy to trust you. If anything happens to him, I'm holding you responsible. And trust me when I say, You don't nt want me to be your enemy." 

Turning his head towards Doc, Pulsar actually felt a newfound level of respect for the man. He knew there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of him even harming him, but the man was loyal to Kurrent. Pushing him to the ground as he saw Kurrent finishing arming himself, Pusar didn't even waste time on quieting Doc's fears. Kurrent's death wouldn't serve his best interest so he was safe. Walking past Kurrent's armorment, Pulsar spot a pair of silver brass knuckles with long silver blades that swung into place with the flick of his wrist and snatched them up. It never hurt to have a little silver when hunting Lycans. 

Entering the Zoom Tube, Pulsar flipped Doc the bird as the small underground shuttle's cockpit hatch closed, and in minutes, they were off. He hated being in the Zoom Tube with Kurrent. He was always so quiet before a mission. This ride was going to be boring. Sliding the bladed silver knuckes over his fingers, Pulsar began to flick his wrist to get the rhythm of the long blades that along the inside of his forearm. Flicking his wrists back and forth, Pulsar looked over at Kurrent who just sat there with his eyes closed. And unable to help himself, Pulsar began to annoy him with a song. 

"Ohh Oh, Here she come. Watch out, boy. She'll chew you up. Ohh oh, here she comes, She's a man-eater!!"  

At that moment, the faint trace of a smile crossed Kurrent's face and just as quickly was gone. Just then the Zoom Tube erupted from the ground busting through the concrete and steel of the Big Apple city street. As the hatch opened, the dark New York sky greeted them. Crouching low behind Kurrent, Pulsar listen as The man formerly known as the "Electric Ace" began to speak. 

"This place is probably guarded by Hunters puppies, we need to get look around and find whatever intel we can gather to find out who is next on their hit list and if any dog gets in the way, well you know what to do. Oh, and for future notice, if you're planning on singing in the Zoom Tube during a mission, you might want to make sure your com link is off. " 

Scurring over the steel gate that separated them from the estate they were watching, Pulsar followed Kurrent's lead to the closest door to the estate, but stopped when Kurrent spun around with a pair of Silver daggers in his hands as eight pairs of crimson eyes began to lurk around them. Damn, it was a set-up, Pulsar thought as he slid over behind Kurrent to watch his blindside. They were surrounded and they didn't even see it coming.  

Just then, a low clapping sound could be heard from behind them and turning to see who or what it was originated from, Pulsar made sure to keep his focus. If he was going down, so was every lycan within a hundred yards of him. As the hulking lycans began to creep from the shadows, Pulsar wondered if this was how Doc felt when he circled him. As the clapping got closer, It was revealed to be coming from none other than the leader of The Wolf Pack. The One called "The Hunter." He was right in front of them and they couldn't do anything about it. He had an arrogance about him that could be respected if they weren't there to kill them.  

Watching Kurrent from the corners of his eyes, Pulsar saw as Kurrent watched The Hunter absorbed every movement around him. It was a testament to how long he had been doing this. As The Hunter began to speak, Pulsar noticed the ear bud of Kurrent's com link was flashing red. Good, it was still on. The other members of Veritas were hearing everything straight from The Hunter's mouth. As The Hunter began to move closer to them, Pulsar stepped slightly in front of Kurrent to hide the flashing ear bud. And with a short and dismissive chuckle, The Hunter stopped moving and his detail of lycans stood down and opened a path towards the Zoom Tube.  

"Decisions, decisions, decisions....  What will it be Kurrent?  Join us and learn the truth behind our actions, simply stay out of our way, or go down while trying to stop us?"  

It wasn't a decision at all. Leaving was a sign of fear, and dogs attacked when they sensed fear. And fighting wasn't any better. They're only choice was to stick around and see what was the cause of all this craziness. Kurrent was an old soldier. There was no quit in him, but right now, cooler heads needed to prevail. 

"If those are our only options, screw it.  Where do we sign up?"

Paradox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Paradox

She had heard the news but she didn’t believe it. Those many nights ago when her leader known as Kurrent announced they were going after the gallivanting neutral team well known as Wolf Pack she would never have believed him, she needed reasons. Paradox was one who disliked partaking in battles and fights yet she somehow had been instantly thrust into one. Nevertheless the moment she received the intimation about a massacre in Miami Florida, and the people responsible resembling the neutral team in question she did some gallivanting of her own and bolted off toward the location.  

Currently the strong gale force wind punched against her chest relentlessly. Her long stretched hands were before her both meeting to form that of an acute angle. Her bright Crystal blue eyes glared at the passing houses, High-ways and stores that simply passed her by each building lodging their own amount of people that had no a care in the world about the current events that each second were being taken. That probably did not know of the occurrences that dwelt beyond their outer walls of cares.  They were so ignorant humans were so ignorant they cared about things, brittle things that would always come to pass. Yet it was the important things that always escaped their grasps.

But the same could be said for heroes, Villains and neutrals alike. They fought they battled they got everything that most ordinary people desired, powers, adventure yet at the same time those super powered beings missed what was right in front of them, they missed out on having a normal family, a normal life yet Paradox would not desire either if it was a matter of choice. She was very content with the life she had lived and the choices that had caused her life to become this way, she would not ever want to change it.

A swarm of Police came into view as she landed upon the manors roof. In a presently crouching position she looked at all the commotion had occurred, truthfully she didn’t know exactly what had happened she was not one to watch the news and she hardly ever carried a communicator. Sliding her hands across the roof she slid down the one slanting point on the roof and reaching the edges she preformed a summersault landing first on her palms and catapulting her back on her own feet.   Her emerald locks battered against her face as her blue eyes fell upon the blood stained marble that her feet stood upon.

Staggering backward out of disgust she found herself falling backward down the yards steps. She managed to fall on her rear before feeling something propping her back up. Slowly her neck turned to view and what she saw caused her to jump one whole step back. Paradox was not use to seeing dead things in general. She had only recently gotten use to the fact of Violence and killing seeing an actual dead body was not on her check list, yet it somehow had become that way.

Observing the lifeless body before her she staggered backward before turning herself fully around to face the building before her. She could see the blood hand prints on the windows and in truth it all came out of h horror books she use to read as a little girl. Eventually gathering up the courage she slowly entered the house, it appeared that the authorities were still to cautious or scared to enter for they didn’t have healing factors or powers to protect them. Slowly approaching one of the larger rooms she slowly pushed it open to reveal a ghastly slight. Bodies more than a few scattered and mutilated across the floor the bodies of several people in high ranking power. This was a curious sight all the same but nevertheless she scanned it took a few images with her own camera and continued to the next.,

Slowly she wandered through the halls and even though there were   a mass of police outside there was utter silence beyond those doors. She knew the truth would emerge about Wolf Pack to the Media and she didn’t want that to happen, she needed to be fast and use the back door when leaving. The only reason she came here was to assure the guilty art was well….guilty. And this place proved that and much, much more. Wolf Pack either had gone insane their leader rouge and the team with them or….slowly pulling up her communications device she held It up to her mouth contacting the only person she knew “Hay Mistress Redhead when you get this know that I might be popping in for a spell at the academy.”

Placing the device in her pocket and heading back the way she came stepping over bodies avoiding lager blood pools she had made a choice. She didn’t want to get involved in the fight that’s what the rest of the Veritas were for, she would observe and evaluate taking in facts…the defective in a way. She already know MR would have been assigned for that, but weather she could help her out in any way gather any information she was going to do it and do it right now.

Returning to the same back porch it was only a matter of seconds before she burst toward the skies in light speed hovering for a moment taking one last look before flying toward the Mistress’ location. In truth she knew where the woman was, it was a guess but she knew. No doubt her current whereabouts were at the Vine Prodigies mansion. The mysterious hidden school for people with amazing gift and talents she wondered if she might have turned out better if she attended.   A slight smile came to her face as she tried very hard to imagine not having the secret password to the place, with all the security and magic surrounding that island she would probably not have stood a chance without it.

Gladly though she would avoid the whole dyeing scenario thanks to Mistress Redheads kindness in allowing her the keys necessary to enter without losing life. So the young girl and hero in training finally found her way into the magnificent abode of the Vine Prodigies HQ. Walking along the hall ways she managed to be directed to the woman’s location. Eventually after some time she found herself in the same room as the woman she was seeking. Technology obviously was not something hard to come by for this female member of Veritas was talented in that department magnificently. Taking in a deep breath she spoke her desire “Miss I wanted if you would allow me to aid you on your quest for knowledge about the team formally known as Wolf Pack…I never really liked fighting so I was wondering if maybe I could help you in any way you see fit?” she finally said taking in a deep sigh and awaiting the woman’s response.

Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Sovereign Son

Everyone’s eyes feel on him as he sat in the waiting room of the hospital, normally he would have laughed but his mind was on more pressing matters, these two girls had saw horrors far beyond their age. Very few ever walk away from carnage like that without some mark on their character. Mike had signed up for this and had seen worse in his days working for the government. He knew what was coming it was only a matter of time, with a sigh he pushed up from the plastic chair what he had sat on and walked over to the reception. Two green eyes looked up at him as he walked over and the nurse gave a small smile as she looked at the blood on his hands, her night could not get any worse already she had dealt with the numerous secret service agents that had followed in his wake as well as several dead bodies being taken to the morgue. He could look past the smile and tell that she was both frightened and worried for the two children and the man that stood in front of her, she was a mother herself. The pen marks on her arm told him a story that very few others would see. Mike would have thanked her for the smile but she needed it as much as he did. “They are okay, a bit shaky but the doctors have cleaned them up and a member of the secret service is in with them now.” Her face turned pale white when she saw the rage rush over his face, moving from her Mike started past the rows of curtains and towards the door with two men in black suits.

They both looked at each other at the same time and one put out an arm to stop him, Mike caught the mans wrist and twisted it back forcing him to the floor, the other had gone for his gun, the safety already off as he began to pull it up. Reaching over with his free hand Mike forced the gun back down and into the mans holster and then followed it with a head butt to the bridge of the nose at the same time as brining up his knee into the others face. Both men hit the floor hard and never got back up as Mike walked into the room to see a female agent talking to the girls. “Can you tell me what the man looked like” the Girls had tears in their eyes and the female agent looked up at Mike and then at the two agents laying on the ground behind him. She went for her gun but before she could say anything the two girls sat up in bed and looked over at him, their tears stopping in an instant. All they knew was that Mike was safe and at this point in time that is what they needed. It was the first time he had seen them with out blood all over them, they ran ages with his own daughter and one had brown hair and the other blonde, they where the spitting image of each other bar that one oddity. Both had brown eyes and pale skin.

The agent looked at Sovereign Son and put her gun down and held up her hands “Okay” she said with a flash in her eyes, the two agents behind her began to groan. He walked over and smiled at the girls, “Hey” they both gently nodded and Mike Sat down and pushed out the chair next to him for the Agent “This is my friend” he waited for her “Susan” she said in a gentle voice, he placed her from New York and judging from how she had acted, she was a veteran , he placed her round thirty two, she kept her self in shape for the job and it seemed to him that’s all she ever knew, perhaps a third generation of working for the government. “Susan Mike continued is going to take you somewhere safe.” The girls eyes filled with worry and Mike quickly winked “Don’t worry I will come by later, I also have another friend that you will meet when you get there, he lives in a bowling ally” Susan looked at him as if he was crazy, “That will be fun, he will let you do what ever you want and will look after you. We have a lot of ice cream” the girls where still hurting inside and he knew that Ice Cream and fun where the last thing on their minds but he needed them save and somewhere that wont draw attention. Kurrent had suggested the VP but that was to much, too many people and screaming kids these two need sometime alone, in a safe space.

Mike turned and looked at the Agent and handed her a card and then removed a phone from his pocket. “Hey Crazy im sending a federal agent to the bowling ally meet her there.” And he hung up. The bowling ally had door ways all over the world that no one a part from section 8 knew about, they used them from time to time so they could meet and have a safe place to relax and store things. “Knock three times then twice again, if you don’t he will shot you”. Turning back to the girls he smiled “I have to go but I swear I will come back okay.” Turning back to Susan he smiled and spoke only so she could hear “go now, speak to no one, if you get these kids hurt I will kill you, you know who I am and what I can do go now” she stood up and left taking the girls with her. Walking past the two agents Mike smiled at them and pulled out his phone the gentle ring had broke his attention and the two agents moved up behind him.

“Mr Lockhart” the voice said on the phone, Mike knew instantly who it was, everyone in the world knew that voice. “Mr President”, “The two men behind you have been asked kindly to bring you to me. It would be in both are interests if we could meet face to face. Before the president could finish his sentence Mike vanished and appeared in the oval office, removing his finger from the teleporter, he looked up and the most powerful man in the free world sat behind his desk with an empty look on his face. The president pointed to the seat in front of him and Mike sat down, “I of course have to ask how you managed that?” he said Mike removed the teleporter and slid it across the desk “Sorry one of your predecessors gave that to me encase of an emergency, it breaks past all the extra protection you have.” With a small  push the president passed it back to him “Keep it, I have a feeling im going to need your help more then once.”

Mike placed it back on his belt and smiled as did the man on the other side of the desk. “Well this has become a mess, seven years of work and all gone because one team deiced to jump the gun. You know I was against the registration act but when this happens I have to wonder.” Sovereign Son shifted in his chair “That’s a road you don’t want to go down sir” the president nodded “Your right, but it may be one the other senators want to take.” He sat back in the chair a hard brow across his head. “Sir if I may, we need to keep this out the press give Kurrent and his team time to find Hunter and question his actions. If this goes public” The president cut him off “I would be forced to take action.” The threat hung between them .

“Yes and no one could stop you from doing so. The Meta community is struggling with more then half the population turning to crime then to Justice, but that’s something you can help us with here, these are the first steps we need to take. If you start a hunt for the wolf pack it wont stop with them, but will bleed over into the other witch hunts and then you will have to deal with the bigger threats coming out to defend themselves. Wolf Pack may have acted alone but in the eyes of the people we are all the same something to be feared.” With a heavy sigh the president held up two fingers “You have two days Lockheart, two days to deal with them, bring them in or punish them, I already have several stories to spin to the press, but if this goes public in a way I can’t control these witch hunts will be the least of your problems. In two days I will be meeting with several chiefs and if nothing has happened then Action will be taken.” Mike stood and walked to the center of the room, “I hope it does not come to that Sir” and with that Mike was gone already relaying the message to the rest of Vetrias

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chameleone

Dimly lit, computer mainframes lined the walls, their red, yellow, and green lights blinking on and off throughout the room. This... was Dvorak, the most complex computer algorithm creating machine in the world. It’s location: not a hyper secretive NSA complex located dozens of feet below Washington D.C., sealed by fourteen ton doors. No. It was in a far less assuming location. The lone sound of the tip tapping of fingers on a keyboard was the only thing that filled the otherwise empty void of a room.

The estate in which Dvorak was located appeared to be nothing more than a standard ranch, complete with free range thoroughbreds and long, unending rows of apple orchards, a sight not uncommon in upstate New York, hours away from the hustle and bustle of the big city to the southeast. In fact, there wasn’t a state highway for miles, leaving the house’s occupants with the ultimate luxury of privacy.

But there, in the basement sat one man, barely old enough to be called so. A black, tight latex suit hugged tightly against his green, scaly skin.  The blue light from the lone computer monitor among the gigantic mainframes running it shone upon his face. His piercing slit pupiled, yellow eyes stared at the screen with sheer concentration as his scale covered, green hands typed away at the keyboard with purpose. His reptilian tail hung lazily behind the desk chair until it was resting on the floor.  At the top right of the screen read: Top Secret: Department of Defense Eyes Only. Rapidly changing numbers were centered in the screen, slowly stopping one at a time as the algorithms did their work, linking to the satellites orbiting above the Earth. 

9-7-1-2-3-5-3-2-5-2-3-3-2-1 Linking Complete

With a push of a button, he had the power to shut down all satellite communications in the continental United States for over 72 hours. Do You Wish to Execute? Y/N flashed in green text in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Note: ALL SATELLITE COMMUNICATION WILL BECOME INOPERABLE FOR AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME RENDERING THE UNITED STATES TO FOREIGN ATTACK. With a deep breath... Sam reluctantly...

Accepted.

Sam exhaled deeply as he wondered what kind of pandemonium he had caused for the employees of the National Security Agency as their contact with the world changed to black. Or what he had done to a group of soldiers requesting support from headquarters in some Middle Eastern hellhole. Whatever the consequences were... he prayed to God that it was worth it. 

The very existence of the Wolf Pack and the lives of its members depended on absolute secrecy, and it was all for not if they had some Veritas satellite snooping around the globe for Hunter or trying to get an inside look at Greystoke Manor in Scotland. Taking out his phone, Sam texted on thing. “Phase one complete. Initiating Phase two.” The message sent, and without any emotion, he threw the phone to the cold concrete ground of the basement. The phone bounced back up like a ball before lying there motionless, a small crack forming on the screen. With a clawed, armored foot, he stomped on it as hard as he could, completely obliterating it, and any evidence that it had ever been used. Nothing to call... nothing to track.

Sam brushed the bottom of his foot off with the back of a scaly hand, making sure none of the plastic had pierced his skin. It hadn’t... then again, not much could. Brushing his hands through the hairlike, reptilian spines that covered his head, he began to open up a new document. In it, he found everything he needed for Phase II. A picture, a description, personal history, political affiliation, favorite food, personality, family, it was all there, printed out before him. Grabbing a copy from the printer, he headed upstairs.

The ground level of the Wolf Pack’s New York Estate was lavish indeed. Leather chairs dotted its interior upon hardwood floors, and enormous, wall size windows could be seen throughout, giving it the appearance of a vacation home, rather than a safe house. Outside, mother horses could be seen running playfully with their colts in the fenced in prairie. 

The sunlight coming through so many large windows blinded Sam at first, who covered his yellow eyes with his arm. “Been down there too long?” a strong feminine voice inquired. Sam nodded and smiled while his arm still covered his face, his pearly white, venomous fangs becoming visible.  

“I’ve got everything we need right here.” He finally managed to say, blinking a few times as he did. Awkwardly, he handed the dossier he had printed out downstairs to Risky, missing her hand a few times as he continued to try to get used to the light.  She read it with conviction. “You ready? Sanderson’s waiting outside in the Dauphin.” Risky nodded. “The guns are on the chopper. Let’s go.”

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By G'bandit

Two mercs one fort:

Two guards posted in a small hut were keeping a tight guard before a electric gate. A long arm with red and white stripes extended from the hut making sure anyone wishing to enter the foundation was ID’d before going forward into the location. “Hey Larry, how was Vegas? I heard you got married.” Said one of the guards to his co-worker. “What? How do you know that? Look man, I was  incredibly drunk and all I remember was meeting this broad at  the bar and waking up broke in a motel the next morning with the mother of all hangovers.. I had to call my [Perfect] little brother to pay for my plane ticket and be lecture by him all the way back here.”

Inside the west side of the facility in the hall way a middle aged very well ranked colonel suddenly drops to his knees and face first against the floor. Dark Crimson books are spotted in the foreground as several needles can be easily spotted in his neck. The body is then dragged across the hallway and into a broom closet where the assailant began to undress the ranked officer and claiming the uniform for himself.

“Are you set?”  A voice said through the communicator in the ear of the assailant. The dark crimson gloves then reach the mask of the blood-merc with his bare hands it began molding its face to resemble the coroner. The crimson assassin was now in disguise and using the voice of his victim he replies to the second in the communicator: “Affirmative.”  

The false coroner then calls the front hut. “Screw you, Melvin! It was a woman, I remember that part, trust me--” The guard then picks up the phone and is informed of a pizza delivery into the location. “Oh, ok, I’ll let him right in, sir, don’t worry.” Confirmed the guard. The coroner then hangs the phone and reach his ear “You got clearance..”

Not far from the location a young man was left tied up naked and unconscious to a tree as someone carjacker his delivery truck.

Reaching the gates the truck pretty much spoke for itself as it was the delivery and Melvin the guard just opened the large gate and let the truck go right through while he kept arguing with his friend. “It was a broad!” Assured the guard. “Yeah, a broad with a nine iron between her legs I bet, Hahaha!” Responded his clumsy friend as the base was been infiltrated right under their noses.

The delivery truck was parked just in front of the office building. At the back of the delivery truck were several pizzas on the floor while several weapons filled the pizza boxes instead. Also the delivery truck had a crimson motorcycle on the rear along with several extra packages tagged with a smiley face. “Lets make some magic..” Said the driver as this one fit a delivery hat and carried the pizza boxes over to the premises.

Walking undetected and meeting with the coroner who had been replaced the delivery man prepares to cause chaos. “I hope you guys are ready.” Said the mercenary through the Wolf Pack communicator to his comrades: “Cause I’m bringing the house down in: 5.…4...3...2...1..”

The countdown is over and both the false coroner and the  delivery boy then ripped their clothes to shreds revealing to be a pair of G’bandits. Not one, but two. The mercenaries each strapped on a pair of katanas and set their utility belts filled with hard artillery. Dropping one the pizza boxes it is reveal that each contained several pounds of C-4 rectangular packages. “Christmas came early!” Teleporting back and forth visiting each room and slicing anyone in their way the twin Bandit set several pounds of explosives all over the office building until the box was emptied. Shooting his finger toward the exit the mercenary then order his twin for a retreat. “To the G-car!” Both Bandits then teleported to the stolen delivery truck. “OK, take us to the next building!” Said the mercenary as hes twin jumped onto the motorcycle. Meanwhile the merc was having his fun he was sure his Wolf Pack comrades were doing their part in the other side of the location: “Explosives set on foundation number one boys, moving towards number two, get moving! I want you to enjoy the light show!” He said through his communicator to his allies.

The delivery truck moves fast through the street as finally the alarm goes off on the office. “The office?” Inquired Band Lone from behind the wheel. “Seems like we missed one!” He said as a surprised look came to his face. The king of merc couldn’t believe the fact he had overlooked someone. The locating becomes live as several army vehicles become active. “Oh, well” He said looking at the remote “This should take care of him.” The merc without remorse he then turned the key on the remote which initiated a five second countdown before the whole office building is destroyed.  

“My first target has been blown to bits, in case you didn't notice. My next stop: The armory! Over! - GB

The delivery truck with a none stop schedule it flew through the street as the trainees used large artillery to try and take the truck out of commission in the act. Several privates set their mortars aiming at the van. “Ready? Set! FIRE!” The mortars explode loudly and their load drops on the field from the heavens near the delivery truck but missing its mobile target for very few feet. “What was that you bunch of morons?! I want that delivery truck in flames! RELOAD!”

The missiles kept dropping from above like Chris Brown’s fist on Rihanna, one of them was bound to hit at some point and Band was not really interested in been part of it. “Wolf Pack, go!”

The merc on the bike looked over his shoulder towards the front and saw the armory was not too far away. Band looked over the mirror and thumbs up to his twin as he gives the farewell: “Be seen you my friend!” He saluted his twin before this one accelerates the motorcycle and crashed through the van’s rear door falling on the street. The blood-merc on the bike had now only one new purpose: To serve as distraction while the van reached its destination.

Grabbing his twin Uzis as he balanced his ride, the mercenary set the motorcycle towards the enemies who were shooting at him from the distance.  Bullets crossed through the twin mercenary’s body as this one growled in pain and poured in blood as he simultaneously shoot at random toward the enemy lines. Soldiers were falling, blood was pouring but then the mercenary looked above and saw an RPG coming straight at him. [BOOM!]

Band under the mask of the Bandit he kept going on his mission. He activated the C4 cargo he had on the back of the truck and accelerated the delivery truck toward the entrance of the armory building and several yards before the truck collided The mercenary of greatness then grabs on to a large missile launcher and jumped off the van before rolling on the floor and posing. The truck crashes through the wall into the armory and explodes creating a wonderful light show in the sky that only a sick mercenary could appreciate.
 Bullets and rockets crash near Bandit as the army was still trying to nail him, the merc then kneels and set the missile launcher upon his shoulders yelling “Here comes the crescendo!!!!!” before he activates the weapon which propels a powerful rocket toward the infantry blowing them up to bits creating a large cloud of dust, smoke and flying body parts decorated the skies and ruined foundations.

The merc dropped the very large missile launcher before reaching his communicator. "Ok, boys, my part is done. This place will never.. EVER, Is say, EEEEEEEVEEEER! Be the same.... Again." He said into the communicators to his comrades after a self laugh. The Bandit then ran away into the darkness while unleashing his twin swords disappearing from praying eyes seeking to reach his post.

Wolf Pack GB Mission: Washington State: Destroying Government Facility and Killing All Personnel, accomplished.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kurrent

With the sudden appearance of The Hunter, Kurrent's plans got thrown out the window.  To be honest having The Wolf Pack leader in his line of sight was something he had been thinking about for a while now. To go one on one with the so called Alpha, hell any Veritas member wouldn't mind a crack at him but this mission was one that needed to be fought on multiple fronts, brains first than brawn. Still when The Hunter began to speak the frustration inside of Kurrent was all but ready to explode...

"I will allow you to live, Kurrent." said The Wolf Pack leader.  "For I believe that you are destined for a greater purpose in solving this puzzle.  You now have three options.  You can either join us in our quest, or you can simply stay out of our way.....  Then there is the third option:  You can try to oppose us."  After saying that, the Hunter's adamantium claws slid out in an act of aggression. It was a good gesture like something you would see on and old western but Kurrent was hardly intimidated.   "In less than one hour, a detachment of Wolf Pack will begin an assault on the precious Vine Prodigies Academy and they will NOT hold back.  There is no way that you can stay here to fight me and STILL make it to the Academy before it is too late.  Keep in mind, this is what will happen if you pick that third option." 

With Midnightist and Day Hunter in his ear in his ear Kurrent softly answered "Day do your thing, Mid my location stay out of sight" he said it low enough that The Hunter could not hear so the element of surprise was still in Mid's favor.Having Mid in the immediate area was a bonus and having Day Hunter and Solace  get Talon would ensure her not in the way.   As Hunter was talking The Veritas Leader had counted 5 possible exits in his head for himself and Pulsar. They were not easy but they were exits as he was about to give the code his train of thought was halted by The Hunter..  "Decisions, decisions, decisions....  What will it be Kurrent?  Join us and learn the truth behind our actions, simply stay out of our way, or go down while trying to stop us?" 

By now Kurrent had had enough of his lip it was time for action it was time to neuter The Leader of the Pack and he began to say as he began making an aggressive march towards him "Do you take me for some kind of idiot, no one knows the location on the Prodigies base so save your tricks for someone who hasn't been around the block and listen here Scobby Snack , you may speak this way to your little cubs but you remember who the hell you are talking too when you flap your gum's to me" Before Kurrent could preform any proper attack Pulsar of all people intervened....

"If those are our only options, screw it.  Where do we sign up?" 

The Veritas Leader stopped and looked at him with disbelief but he was right. With a nod Kurrent looked at him and said "Cooler heads huh" but in his head he was saying "for now"...."Alright Hunter be very clear with us about what is going on, no BS no secrets"

Midnightist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Midnightist
"F%^^& " . "How the he11 did those sons of b1tches get away from me so fast. F**** I told Kurrent that he was telling me to stay to far away from them , they had to big a gap between the both of them and now I'm falling behind. I'm barely picking up their scent and it's going to rain. The rain's going to disperse the scent to much. Just got to keep following what I can pick up but the scent's getting weaker and weaker. Did they figure out I was tracking them. I would really be surprised but his name is Hunter. F*** I'm going to really hurt that dog breathed.......". His mouth went quiet.  

He stopped jumping from the buildings and sky scrappers and opened up his senses to the city. Sucking in all the excess stimulus and then weeding out what he was looking for. Slowing pealing off the scents like a package and finding his surprise. He once again gained Hunters scent and with his the rest of Wolfpack. Renewed in his hunt he began to track and pace after his target. He broke his orders and got closer to the ground. Leaping from car, buses, power lines anything he could find to substitute for the ground beneath him. It wasn't to long before he found his prey. He made contact with his fearless leader again only to hear  

"Day do your thing, Mid my location stay out of sight"    "That doesn't sound like my teammates are in trouble at all."  

He went on the hunt for his allies and even better he found the beast's nest. The beasts den was full of the Pack and their leader. Midnightist wasn't afraid and got closer. Maybe not the smartest of actions but he wasn't going to lose the scent again. He didn't need the hassle. He may have allowed Hunter to finish off his last target but he could see that the wild animal was unraveling slowly but surely. He was going to a place Midnightist had been before and it is not a place where good things happen only good intentions twisted into rotten corpses of those in your way.  

"Decisions, decisions, decisions....  What will it be Kurrent?  Join us and learn the truth behind our actions, simply stay out of our way, or go down while trying to stop us?"   He really just did the join us or die? Yep he's crazy it's a wrap no coming back from one of those. Kurrents going to say something defiant like     " Do you take me for some kind of idiot, no one knows the location on the Prodigies base so save your tricks for someone who hasn't been around the block and listen here Scobby Snack , you may speak this way to your little cubs but you remember who the hell you are talking too when you flap your gum's to me" 

Kurrent: "Do you take me for some kind of idiot, no one knows the location on the Prodigies base so save your tricks for someone who hasn't been around the block and listen here Scobby Snack , you may speak this way to your little cubs but you remember who the hell you are talking too when you flap your gum's to me"     

"Yeah I knew that was coming and if i know Puls the way I do he's about to be a b1tch"  
Pulsar:"If those are our only options, screw it.  Where do we sign up?" 
"Which in turn is going to make Kurrent re think his whole thing because now he doesn't feel like Puls is going to be to usefull if they try and kill both of them so he's going to say something that going to make him sound like an even bigger b1tch" 
  Kurrent: "Alright Hunter be very clear with us about what is going on, no BS no secrets" Mid: "B!tch" 

"Maybe those two should take Hunter up on his offers. They are acting like some real b1tches. I'm sure Hunter needs someone to fetch his papers lick his boots a bunch of crap like that. He's got enough teammates with some back bone no mean I'm stuck with these puss!es who are wimping out just because they got found by a killer and his dogs. Sign well I'm not bout to ruin the mood. Maybe they'll do something like reveal this was all a trap. Oh well it's smarter for me to wait and see what happens anyway defiantly does me no good to jump around like the only real superhero."

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sylver

Senator's Home -- Florida -- 1 day before 

"Oh gosh, oh gosh no!  Please!  I don't wanna die!" 

"Then you should have never been born." 

An iron-solid fist slammed into the guard's chest cavity; the force caused his heart to explode.  As he twitched, blood spurting from his mouth as he body ceased to function, Sylver, the vampire member of the Wolf Pack,  picked up a stone, turned around, and chucked it with all her strength.  The guard, who had been running up behind her, fell to the ground.  Missing the top part of his head.  As the gory, brain and blood scrambled mess seeped onto the lawn, Sylver found that she was not the only one watching.   

On the front porch were the Senator's children, both young, both scarred for life.  Sylver could tell from the look in their eyes: they would never be the same.  But Sylver understood; they had had to choose the lesser of two evils.  These two children's mental stability would simply have to be sacrificed for a greater purpose. 

Calmly, but with unwavering control, Sylver walked over to the children, who began to whimper louder as she approached.  Without slowing down, and with a smile on her face, Sylver knelt before them, a face of compassion replacing the killing machine she had been not a minute before.  She reached a hand out and stroked the little boy's face.  His whole body seemed to tence, like he wanted to scream, at the touch of her frigid, undead hand. 

Behind them, the Senator screamed horribly as the rest of her team went to work inside.  The little girl started to sob louder.   

"Ssssshhhh....heeey.  It'll be alright."  She said, gently, lovingly, "It will be.  You'll see.  Someday you'll understand."  But her soothing voice did nothing but make the little boy shiver more under her touch.  She pulled back and stood up.   

"You see, children...your father is a monster--"  Sylver's senses locked onto the position of the attacker behind her.  The vibrations in the ground...the sound of his breathing...  In the flash of a moment, Sylver spun around, backhanded him with her fist, shattering his skull and jaw.  Then she turned back to the shell-shocked children. 

"--and we...are here to save you." 

Almost ironically, the screaming in the house started again; this time it was the women.  Sylver's face froze over in an unreadable mask, stone-still, emotionless.  Yes.  They were all monsters.  And she hunted monsters...even the human kind. 

Walking out into the yard a dozen feet, Sylver clapped her hands together, uttering a spell, her conscious locking onto the remaining guards still running around the house.  When she had them, she opened her eyes: glowing a supernatural blue with the scar over her eye.  A ravinous, angry growl resonated throughout her, as she focused her fury on the spell. 

"Kill them."  She uttered.   

Within minutes, magical "bugs" had eaten through the veins and arteries of every guard surrounding the house, then vanished.  But even though Sylver's spell would not leave behind her name, Sylver wanted to drop a calling card.  She picked up a fallen guard, almost completely dead now that he was bleeding internally, and protruded her fangs farther. 

Sylver never liked to let people know of her existence, she never left behind any traces...but now...  Now she was angry...and thirsty.  She wanted those who found the bodies to know what they were dealing with.  If they wanted to bring the fight to her, so be it.  They would suffer the same fate as the guards and their Senator.   

The Wolf Pack was back. 

Sylver tore her razor fangs into the man's jugular, the sweet, warm blood reviving her after the spell.   

The children screamed louder. 

General Timothy Rider's Private Residence -- California -- Now   

"Target in sight.  Stand-by."  Sylver whispered into her com-link.  There wasn't an answer, or even a "rodger that" from her companion, a hundred feet behind her.  There hadn't been this whole operation, and it was somewhat starting to irk Sylver. 

Come on, Laura...what's up with you today? 

The target, a tall, well-built man with a sharply cut, brown hairstyel, walked in front of his window and sat down in his recliner, back to the window.  Sylver pushed Laura from her mind.  She would simply have to deal with her later.  Sylver would not allow personal confusions to distract her from this mission.  If anyone was going to be the mature one here, it would be her.  After all, she was over 238 times older than Laura. 

The plan was simple: kill the man without going in or near his house.  The infrared cameras and sensors around the house would trip up anyone who got near this guy.  Anyone with a heat signature, that was.  Sylver assumed that was why Hunter put her on this mission.  The undead rarely emit any heat.  Talon was here in case things went wrong and they needed to accumulate some collateral damage fast.  They were both quite good at that.   

Actually, Sylver believed that Laura was the one who was supposed to kill the General, the one who wanted to....but her actions were starting to leave Sylver wary.  When they'd met up, Sylver'd asked how Laura would kill him, the back-up plan...the usual.  She'd muttered answers and then moved into the position she was in now.  Sylver could tell from the pounding of Talon's heart: she wasn't going to kill him...or rather, she didnt' want to.  And time was running out.  They had to do this now.  With a firm, but unsettled consciounce, Sylver decided that she was going to do this herself.

Sylver, dark as a shadow in her sleeveless, skin-tight black suit, hung upside-down from a pine branch, preparing herself to strike.  She had chosen a simple spell, one that would leave no trace.  Anyone who would be stupid enough to try and solve his death would be baffled.  Sylver liked it that way. 

"Alright.  I'm ready.  Target in position."  She muttered to the com-link.  Then, she retreated into the strong magic-subconscious of her mind, pulling it to the forefront of her power.  In the unseen realm, Sylver reached out her mental hand and locked onto the one item she needed to kill the man.  The metal spring in his recliner. 

With her mind, and magical powers behind it, Sylver grasped the spring and held it right behind the upholstry in the chair, right behind the General's back. 

Suddenly, her com-link buzzed wildly.  Sylver didn't answer it.  Even from here, she could here Talon yelling to her.  Apparently she wanted Sylver to stop.  Sylver held her frustration in check.  No.  They were too close now.  Whatever personal problems Laura was having, she would have to keep to herself until the General was dead. 

Sylver could hear Laura approaching her now.  Sylver gritted her teeth.  She would have to do this quickly.  Forcefully melding her grip around the spring again, Sylver positioned it behind the man's heart--- 

---Talon was close now....getting very close--- Sylver felt her physical hands starting to shake.  Her concentration was dividing.  Come on, Sylver! Focus!--- Closer, she was getting closer---   

The metal rod speared General Rider's heart, dead center, came out the other side of his chest and then plunged into his stomach.  Sylver could hear the skin rip...the muscles tear...his breath constrict....  then he was dead.  Sylver let out a sigh of relief as she pulled her mind back into her physical body.  She was almost too whoozy to sit up straight.   

But then, Sylver heard Talon right beneath her, and her mind came back into sharp focus.  With precise and quick movement that would have scared anyone else, Sylver dropped in front of Talon from fifty feet up, landed on her feet, and approached her.    

"Darn Laura!  What were you thinking?  You knew I had to focus for the spell, and you knew that the sensors could pick you up!  What's your deal tonight?"  She spat out.   

Without giving her a chance to answer, Sylver continued, "Ya know, you're the one who told me Hunter needed me on this mission.  You're the one who gave me the location.  For goodness sake, you practically ran the mission!  I just did the dirty work.  Why?  Because you've been to unstable all night.  I can tell.  You don't want to do this.  And I can't imagine why.  So I took matters into my own hands.  You can hate me, hit me, bite me...whatever.  But enough's enough."

Sylver walked a little closer to the silent figure, the fierceness in her eyes relenting somewhat.  "Now if there's something you're not telling me, I want to know.  If there's something bothering you, I need to know.  No more silent treatment.  If there's something wrong, then I as your friend and teammate am not going to let you run around with personal issues screwin' your head."

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By talon_x23

Anger that’s what ran through her vines anger not toward William Greystoke but herself as she slowly realized the amount of irrationality she had given off in front of her own team mates. For what reason? The death of a few innocent civilians, that always happened they were just mere causalities playing a game that proved to be too big for themselves. If so why could she not get over it why could she not forget   and move on like she always had? Was her heart becoming so soft that she now cringed at the fact of killing another person? Had she been so inactive was this now the present result? Was it spending to much time with Cellywyn and Emiel Chabot to realize that slowly each day it was changing her? And if It was, what was she going to do? Being part of Wolf Pack and now enjoying the slaughter of innocents were entirely controversial, meaning obviously once more, she had a choice and she needed to choose.

The darker shade of black soon fell upon the forest filled grove that she found herself in. Her bare and blistered feet had run many a mile and still she had not found the courage with in herself to return to the manor. But courage was not the issue it was the words that managed to pass through her lips without any hesitation. Yet Laura’s main concern was not getting to base on time. With her head sagging and looking down at the lush overgrowth that had covered a long left path all young Laura cared about was trying to regain control of herself, erase the emotions within her and become an animal once more. For a battle was raging within her, maybe it was because of who she was or something else yet despite all odds she needed to chose sides in the battle, was she going to continue like she always had killing relentlessly without a second thought or was she going to take action and change....obviously not the latter.

It was then that she thought back to her mission she had recently completed. She didn’t know why she did it maybe to replay Hunter maybe to somehow regain some kind of statues in her eyes.

A few hours before.

Gaining distance from Hunter it was no sooner than the Lycan king was out of sight that instantly her eyes shot up as she almost wanted to throw the thing in the river a few feet away yet she restrained herself enough to flip it open. To her surprise it was William Greystoke, she quickly wanted to apologize for her actions but he ignored it. Instead he instantly informed her of a mission she had that would hopefully make take Veritas off guard, she was reluctant until he mentioned she would be teamed with her fellow team mate, killer and indeed close friend Sylver.

She agreed to the mission as he divulged the location it would be taking part at along with the reason for doing so. She was slightly puzzled but from her incident earlier she did not want to place him in a more embarrassing situation by actually questioning him.   Finally he said for her that no doubt Sylver would be in contact with her soon which she did not mind. She desired to speak to her. There were very few people in this world that Laura could divulge her soul and main thoughts to but at the same time she didn’t wish to tell her friend anything there was a mission and it needed to be completed. As she finished her call with Hunter she placed her communicator on vibrate and instantly teleported to her location.

The whole mission she was slightly overwhelming for her but it did not matter. She knew the secrecy and she knew the upmost importance of this mission but she didn’t want to do it. Despite everything she did her best to conceal it from her "Target in sight.   Stand-by."    She heard Sylver hiss over the com link. Her mind was clouded and she didn’t bother to reply for she was thinking. She could hear her claws crying out for the blood of the innocent for the blood of the unjust but she held back she didn’t know why but she held back. The target was General Timothy Rider she had orders to take him out from Hunter she had to take him out it was her mission. But she knew that if faced with the opportunity she would somehow mess up that was why she twisted the situation so that her team mate Sylver would eventually happen to kill the man.

"Alright.   I'm ready.   Target in position." She soon heard Sylver call through the com link. Instantly her emerald eyes fell upon the thing as she slowly placed her hand around it and stared at it a moment in silence. She knew within moments another person would die, he had children, friends despite everything. Clutching the communicator device she soon activated it as she said through it “Sylver don’t do it” feeling the guild seep in that it was her fault Sylver was here she gave her the information she gave her the location it was her fault “Sylver stop!” she said again though her friend didn’t answer finally she yelled louder “For heaven and hells sake Sylver stop it!!”

No answer. Letting out a deep breath   she leaped from her present position and charged toward Sylver, she could follow that girl anywhere. The scent was strong and standing at the bottom of the building she could instantly smell the sweet taste of blood. She muttered curses under her breath as instantly the Vampire appeared before her angered fuming off her body. "Darn Laura!   What were you thinking?   You knew I had to focus for the spell, and you knew that the sensors could pick you up!   What's your deal tonight?"  “I jeopardized the mission again.” She whispered under her breath but Sylver didn’t hear she continued in her grilling tone.

"Ya know, you're the one who told me Hunter needed me on this mission.   You're the one who gave me the location.   For goodness sake, you practically ran the mission!   I just did the dirty work.   Why?   Because you've been to unstable all night.   I can tell.   You don't want to do this.   And I can't imagine why.   So I took matters into my own hands.   You can hate me, hit me, bite me...whatever.   But enough's enough." With that her team mate and close friend walked closer to her as she finally uttered "Now if there's something you're not telling me, I want to know.   If there's something bothering you, I need to know.   No more silent treatment.   If there's something wrong, then I as your friend and teammate am not going to let you run around with personal issues screwin' your head." It was then that Laura’s emerald eyes stared into the death like ones of Sylver. She was unsure of what to say unsure of anything but sure of what needed to happen.

“I’m sorry” her voice said it was almost unexpected Laura never apologized but she did she did to her  “I jeopardized the mission and placed both our lives in danger along with the larger plan and I am sorry.” Looking away a moment trying to get a grip of herself she continued “The only thing I can figure is that I’m becoming more human more emotional and I need to stop it.” She clenched her fist “Due to something someone I don’t really know I’m losing the walls of control I built within myself and I must regain them, I’m malfunctioning and need to be fixed before I continue my active duty as a member of Wolf Pack”. Finally she stopped as she turned her back to Sylver and took in a deep breath looking outward “When you see Hunter tell him I’m taking a leave of absence to figure out why this is happening..” she paused to look over her shoulder one more time at her friend showing a warm smile “And I know who’s responsible at least I think I know” another pause as she began to walk away and finally whispered but knew Sylver would hear “Day Hunter.” With a flash of light the Lycaness was out of sight all that remained where her last words.

Present

Lost within the steel boundaries of her own mind she kicked aside any rubble that lay at her feet as to unleash some of the anger upon anything that held her glance. The breeze recently and simmered down as a cold gently gush pushed against her blushing red face. Her hormones were raging her emotions were losing control and her logicality was being tested at this very moment. Trying o gain some sanity she finally came to a halt as she brushed her back against the bark of a tall seedier. With the palm of her hand she flicked her long locks of velvet hair across her face as her jade eyes slowly slid shut a moment. Silence echoed through the woods and she found herself finally in control enough to logically think of a way to cure these emotions…more like extinguish them from her subroutines.

“Emotions I have always desired to feel constantly longing for the deep sense of feeling the true sense of feeling. Yet now that I finally have my taste of humanity I feel as if I am lost and unable to control what I feel with in---“her words were cut off as instantly she sensed the presence of another being. Her eyes dashed over to see a young woman standing before her she had no time to react for she spoke “Talon, I’m sure you heard about the attacks on the Senators… because of your alliance, with the WP, your coming with me conscious or not” her first inner animal wanted to attack she wanted to lash out and kill this girl who dared disturb her serenity. But the words progressed in her mind this woman was obviously a member of Veritas, Day Hunter was a member of Veritas, bingo.

“I see” she said a moment her deceptive emerald eyes looked deviously upon the girl that resembled her age.   A slight smile appeared on her face as instantly her claws unleashed. Placing both her wrists together she looked up at Solace as she finally said toward her “Well then I don’t have all day and you have a mission…I shall accept your offer and you may take me as prisoner captive slave which ever your leader wants but in return…I want 2 hours alone, no distractions nothing with a member of your team, I think you know him to be Day Hunter.”

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The Hunter

North American Wolf Pack HQ - New York

With a smirk, the Hunter said, "Very well."  As his adamantium claws silently slid back into his hands, he looked at Kurrent and said, "You alone may enter my lair.  Leave the com-link, Pulsar, and the mouth-breather that you have had following us."  Turning away, William walked into the mansion and allowed Kurrent to follow.  The ferocious lycan guards prevented anyone else from following.

Once they were alone in a large conference room without anyone else present, the Hunter took a remote and activated the main viewing screen.  The first image revealed a map of the forty-eight continental United States.  Instantly, four locations were highlighted on the map: Washington State, California, Maine, and Florida.  "These strikes that my team has been carrying out," the Hunter began.  "Look at their locations.  You will see that they take place on all four corners of the continental United States.  Also, look at the targets.  They were everything from military lab technicians to highly-recognized state senators."  As he said that, images of the faces of his victims began to be displayed up on the screen.

"As it turns out, they were all key members of the Shadow Initiative.  They were sleeper cells that were waiting for the return of none other than Jean-Luc LeBeau.  Certainly, Gambler's presence in the United States is no more; but his followers were ready and waiting for him to make his return.  When the time was right, they would all rise up and launch a plan from all four corners of the country.... thus launching this nation into another Civil War."

Images then came up on the scenes of carnage from Wolf Pack's handiwork.  "You see, Salvador....  these people were going to cause the deaths of millions.  They HAD to be dealt with permanently.  Furthermore, simply putting a bullet in their heads would not work.  We had to send a message that we could reach ANY person on ANY level, and that the penalty of such actions on their part would be dire.  By doing so, we have SAVED millions of lives.  Gambler's Shadow Initiative is no more.  Its seeds have been crushed and he will NEVER regain his power in the United States."

The following images were of written documents with certain words circled.  "However," the Hunter continued.  "We do not believe that LeBeau is finished yet.  At all locations, on the map, we found written correspondence between our targets and LeBeau.  There were certain characteristics in the letters which seemed to be some sort of code.  Repeatedly, we found reference to 'an ancient power rising once again' and 'the Order.'  In the letters, there was also mention of 'a greater Power.'  Since the word 'Power" was capitalized, one might suspect a religious connotation."

Finally, the Hunter put up a map of Europe and said, "The next step of our journey takes place in Europe.  I believe that crushing Gambler's Shadow Initiative is not good enough.  Whatever he is working on must be stopped once and for all.  We have to find out what this 'order' is and what it has to do with LeBeau."  Turning to Kurrent, he then said, "If you are still interested in joining us.... the next steps of our quest will take place in Italy and Ireland.  There is supposedly something in both those places of importance, so we will have to go there and find out exactly what it is."

The Hunter then said, "I will be going to Ireland with a detachment of Wolf Pack.  The remaining members of Wolf Pack will be going to Rome.  You may decide to split your team up however you want and go in whichever group that you please."  The Hunter then uploaded the gathered data onto a memory drive and handed it to Kurrent.  "Share this information with the rest of Veritas." he said.  "After that, bring them to Greystoke Manor in Scotland and we will launch our attack from there."

With that, Kurrent and the Hunter both shook hands.  Though skeptical about letting in outside forces to his plan, the Hunter decided that Kurrent would be greater as an ally than as an enemy.  Thus, an alliance was formed between two of the most powerful organizations on Earth.  Perhaps their joined might would be enough to bring evil to its knees once and for all....
Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hawk
The V have joined our hunt. Gather intell and engage only if needed. No cowboying Hawk..... The time for a slaughter will be later. The alpha's voice came over the earpiece as the wind whipped by. 10-4 I'll be the eyes in the sky for now. His feet set down gently on an ancient roof top and he stopped to look over his surroundings. Rome was beautiful this time of year. The sun was shining and tourist were out looking at all of the ancient sights. Hawk sat down on the edge of a 800 year old cathedral letting his feet hang off the edge. He wasn't here to take in the scenery. He had a job to do. 

Scanning the crown of tourist and vendors he located a man in a dark suit. Josephe Badaracko, a man of interest is how most agencies would describe him. Large and ruthless he wasn't Hawk's target but he would lead him to the target without a doubt. Hawk watched as the Italian made his way through the crowd, shaking hand with the vendors and buying things for people like he was running for mayor. He put on this mask of the ever noble gentleman until a bum started to cling to his jacket. The begger crawled after him as Badaracko walked away, brushing the scum off his jacket. Hawk made his mark. 

Coming down quickly from his high place, Hawk picked up the begger from the ground and spoke in perfect Italian. "My friend, let me help you up. I'd like to buy your jacket and hat from you...$400 is a fair price I think?" The old man quickly took of his long jacket and his wool beanie and thanked Hawk over and over as he walked away putting on the clothes. He's long hair stuck out of the beanie half covering Hawk's face and the smell from the coat would make anyone cringe. In an instance Hawk appearance changed from a larger than life WWE look - a - like to a homeless man looking for his next meal. 

Badaracko's pace was slow as he made his way through the crowded streets. He often stopped to talk to those he sought important enough for his time. A gold watch and pinkie ring stood out as he shook hands with another man, slipping him an envelope full of cash. Hawk crept closer and closer. He was able to overhear a bit of the conversation they were sharing. ".....Gio will be on vacation over the weekend at his cottage in ....." That is exactly what Hawk needed to hear. Walking close by him Hawk pulled out a dagger and brushed up against Badaracko. He hit his knees without as much as a whimper. The two holes in his lungs made sure his would be a quite death, even in the midst of a crowd. The other man's face was full of fear seeing him drop. He didn't even move as the knife slid across his throat. Blood spilled and the two men lay on top of each other. Hawk grabbed the cash and walked away slowly dropping the jacket and the hat as he went. 

Target is accounted for. -Well done AOD
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pulsar

"You alone may enter my lair.  Leave the com-link, Pulsar, and the mouth-breather that you have had following us." 

Staring at The Hunter, Pulsar was shocked as Kurrent brushed past him, plucked the com-link from his ear, and tossed it over his shoulder to him. Catching it in his right hand, Pulsar began to voice his concern, but stopped as Kurrent turned towards him and simply nodded his head. Shutting his trap as Kurrent and Hunter walked into the New York stronghold of the Wolf Pack leaving him with The Hunter's Lycan entourage. Pulsar didn't know what was worse: their looks or their smell? They weren't the most vocal of creatures, but Pulsar prouded himself on being a people person. 

"So do you shed like other animals or what?" 

Laughing at his own joke, Pulsar watched as the Lycans looked at the biggest one in their pack. It was a wolf standing about seven and a half feet with jet black fur and sliver eyes. He was a brutish looking creature. The perfect type to lead a security detail. Walking towards the Black furred Lycan, Pulsar made sure to keep his hands in plain sight for the Lycan as they snarled lowly and flashed their teeth as a sign of warning. looking each of the smaller lycans eye to eye as he walked past them, Pulsar flashed his own toothy smile at them. When out of nowhere, a huge paw swatted him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. With this the lycans began to work themselves into a frenzy of snarls.  

Looking up from the ground, Pulsar could feel blood as it trickled out of his nose onto the ground below him. Shaking his head to stop the ringing sound caused by the blow to his head, Pulsar made his way to his feet in a matter of seconds and began to laugh. Wiping his nose of the blood as it trickled down to his lips, Pulsar turned and looked at the black furred lycan as he upturned his palm to him and flashed the welled up blood to him as he spoke. 

"Is this what you want? Did you want them to see how easily I bleed? Is that it?" 

Raising his blood fulled hand until it was at eye level with the black furred lycan, Pulsar spun his hand and flicked his wrist forward as the silver claws from off his forearm and down into the face of the oversized lycan ripping into his flesh and fur. Howling in pain, the black lycan batted Pulsar away from him sending him flying backwards through the air and crashing into the iron gate he and Kurrent had hopped over to get on to the estate. Grabbing a hold of the gate as the lycan detail began to rush towards him, Pulsar's body erupted with thermo-plasmic energy which caused the lycans to stop in their tracks. Hunched over on all fours, they're eyes looked like their feral nature was getting the best of them. Fire was a big no no to them much like water was a no no to Midnightist.  

Looking at his wrists, Pulsar saw the silver brass knuckles had melted to the ground, but he had a much better weapon now. As he began to right himself using the smashed gate, Pulsar reached towards the closest lycan to him, but it jumped back beyond his reach. Finally back on his feet, Pulsar arms began to flare up with dark blue flames. Rushing straight for the black furred lycan, Pulsar held his arms out, and as the lycans began to run away from him, he brought them together and a bright blue light flashed from his body burning the fur and most of the flesh from the two lycan closest to him. Turning back to the iron gate, Pulsar ripped four of the large iron gate headers from the mangled gate and thrust two of them into the stomach and chest of both of the burnt lycans, spearing them into the ground then twisting the long pike part on them through their necks and tied them together. It would be harder for them to heal themselves with those spikes in them, but by the time they pulled them out him and Kurrent would be long gone. Stepping back to take a look at his handy work, Pulsar smiled as they leaked their dark blood through their mouths, necks, and stomachs before blasting them with his superheated plasma igniting them on fire in an instant. Their howls were like music. They were full of pain and suffering. Just his kind of tune. 

Running along the side of the estate, Pulsar began to fire bursts of his thermo-plasmic energy at the cowering lycans. His first few shots didn't connect as the lycans began to run in separate directions, but he wasn't after all of them. It was the big one he wanted. As small fires began to sizzle all around the side of the estate, Pulsar continued to blast away at the lycans. It didn't matter if the Hunter or any of the other lycans came out. He wasn't going to stop until he killed the one with silver eyes. He kept his eyes trained on him. The bastard was fast for such a big creature. He had to give him that, but it didn't matter if any lycan on the compound was killed, Pulsar was going to get his way.  

Just then, a small cub came limping out towards him and everything around him stopped. The little cub walked straight in front of him and growled at him was all it's might. Pulsar looked at the cub for a long time. It was a brave cub. And bravery was something that was to be rewarded. Unfortunely for the cub however, Pulsar was a piece of sh!t. Grabbing the cub by the curly grey tuft of hair on it's head, Pulsar walked back to the front on the estate and in front of the two lycans he had speared into the ground and set ablaze.  

"I want the one with the silver eyes or I will hunt down every cub on the compound and kill it just like this one." 

Look out toward the way he just came, Pulsar tossed the small cub into one of the pillars of fire and smiled. He knew that he had sent a very clear message. The death screams of the young cub would have been enough to break a normal person's heart, but he was at war. And unfortunely for them, it was open season on lycans. It wasn't long before the silver eyed lycan trotted towards him with a sword. Blasting at it with a barrage of plasma bolts, the silver eyed lycan dodged them all and slashed at Pulsar, who jumped back. There was no way he could take the lycan on the ground. His speed was cut to a mere fraction in the ground. Letting the plasma energy flow from his body, Pulsar rocketed into the sky about him and the lycan, as his white hot protective aura began to flow all around him. Staring down at the lycan with the sword, Pulsar watched as the lycan jumped in the air towards him with both his hands clutching the sword hilt overhead. Flying down towards it, Pulsar made sure to pour on the heat as he collided with the lycan and divebombed with it into the ground creating a large crater. Throwing punch after punch at the lycan as they both westled for the upperhand, Pulsar grabbed it by it's oversized jaw and began to pump it full of his thermo-plasmic energy until after a few minutes it exploded in his hands covering Pulsar in his insides and blood.  

Looking up from the crater, Pulsar saw a large gathering of lycans surrounding it and crawled his way out of the pit. Looking up to make sure none of the lycans tried him, Pulsar stood next to an old grey furred lycan who spoke to him.  

"You have just made yourself an enemy of the Lycan Nation, young mutant. Make peace with whoever you believe in. We're coming for you. Today however is not that day. We will bury of dead and mourn, but when we are done, we will come after you." 

Pulsar just smiled as he walked to the Zoom Tube and fired her up. He knew the lycan was telling the truth, but if he knew anything it was that the day you die was the day you stop having anything worth living for. And he had alot to live for. Revving the engine of the Zoom Tube, Pulsar steered the Zoom Tube towards the New York HQ of the Wolf Pack and drove straight through it's doors, sending bits and pieces of the door flying through the air.  

"Computer lock on to the transponder in Kurrent's suit and plot a course for it." 

As the Zoom Tube's on-board computers rerouted the course of the ride, Pulsar sat back and figured he'd enjoy the ride. It wasn't everyday you become marked for death by the entire Lycan Nation.   

Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27  Edited By Day Hunter

Samuel drove slowly down a back road just outside Orlando Florida. Having lost Talon in the darkness he drove back home and found a few drinks. Suddenly Samuel's Veritas Com Link began buzzing as he slowly pulled the car to the side of the road. 

"DH here whats up?" Hey its Joe you need to get here ASAP Solace tracked down Talon and she's bringing her. Talon came peacefully, said as long as she gets two hours with you she will do whatever we want. Samuel's eyes narrowed with suspicion, he knew Talon well enough to know she had something important otherwise she would never just give in. "I'm on my way." 

With that Samuel tossed his com link into the passenger seat and preformed a 180 as dust and rock flew away from the rear end of the car as it sped toward the Veritas HQ. 

A Few minutes later

Samuel immediately jumped from the car slamming its door as he made his way into the heart of the HQ where the integration rooms were. Joe stood patiently in the hallway looking through the two way mirror at Talon who had been chained to a metal chair preventing her from moving at all, and slightly restricting air flow to assist in keeping the subject dosial. Samuel quickly made his way around the corner to the door, Samuel and Joe only casting each other glances as he passed by. 

"Alright, I'm here. You wanna talk, lets talk." Samuel pulled up the other metal chair on the other side of the table where Talon sat before tossing down the file Veritas had on her and sitting down himself.   

Two Hours Later

Samuel's eyes suddenly glazed over a an expression of pure anger flooded through his body. Suddenly without a moments notice he leaped from his chair thrusting the file to the floor and kicking his chair across the room. He moved so fast that it almost appeared as he had merely flinched at first then he suddenly stopped a moment and peered at the mirror for a moment. "Joe's still watching, I can feel it." Samuel mumbled to himself as he slowly turned and picked up his, then he quickly thrust it under the door handle and bent the metal hinges with a few punches preventing the door from being opened before making his way back to Talon. He immediately thrust her head into the table so ferociously that a light imprint of her facial features in the table. 

He quickly followed up this move by thrusting his fist into her stomach until blood slowly began dripping from her mouth. Suddenly the sound of Joe's voice pierced through the door along with the sound of fist pounding into the metal while Samuel proceeded to pound on Talon. Finally as Joe began prying the door open as Samuel picked up Talon, chair and all, and thrust her into the mirror shattering it and sending both flying through the non-existent wall. Samuel leaped out of the emptiness that was the mirror and began pounding on Talon yet again. Joe quickly ran over and grabbed Samuel in a full nelson as blood flowed like a small stream from Talon's mouth and back due to the glass and other internal wounds she had received.  

"I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU B!TCH!!" Samuel shouted as Joe drug him around the corner and into another interrogation room before releasing Samuel.

Jesus Christ dude. WTF did she say in there? Samuel angrily paced the room for a few moments before answering Joe's question. "Don't worry about. This thing that just happened this isn't about Veritas, this is personal. Joe you shouldn't have stopped me, you don't get just how much that sticking dog has taken from me." Your right I don't know because you don't talk to us any more bro. All you ever do now-a-days is drink and preform missions with the team, and you hardly do that anymore. "A drink.....yeah your right thats what I need. I'm out of here." With that Samuel left the room and began quickly walking down the hall to his car. As he passed through the hall he glanced over as Andrew was attending to Talon's quickly healing bruised body. 

Thirty minutes had passed since Samuel had the altercation with Talon. He had downed 4 bottles of whiskey already and only felt slightly buzzed. He had been pondering what he should do, he knew that being a member of Veritas prevented him from participating in anymore involvements with Talon, heck Joe had apparently contacted Kurrent and K gave the order to make sure he wasn't anywhere near Talon. A few more minutes passed along with a few more drinks before suddenly Samuel's super model grin formed across his face as he suddenly threw the car into gear and drove off in the direction of the Veritas HQ. 

Samuel made his way toward the power box of the HQ before grabbing his Com link and linking with Kurrents. "K-man, I want you to know this has nothing to do with you or anyone else on the team but I want you to consider this as me taking a temporary vacation. I'm sorry." With that Samuel ripped open the box and dropped a small timed explosive inside before shutting the door and laying his Veritas ID on the top before walking away. He stood at the door of the HQ counting down with the explosive he had planted earlier at exactly 1 second he opened the door and rushed in, just as he made his way to the room where Talon was being held the explosive detonated and the power shut off. He could hear Joe's feet rushing down the hall in the other direction as he kicked open the door to the room and ran to Talon's side where he hastily unchained the restraints holding her to the chair. He then picked her up and thrust her over his shoulder as he sprinted down the hall and back to the garage. He opened the passenger door and forcefully thrust Talon's motionless body into the leather seat and slamming the door shut before sprinting around the car and jumping into the drivers seat. 

"I want you to know you were the one that made this personal. You wanted my attention, well you got it. Full and undivided, Veritas...F*CK them, you know what....F*ck the rules!" With those final words Samuel threw the car into gear and floored it. The front of the car lepted into the air as it sped down the street, in the rearview mirror Samuel could see Joe sprinting out of the door only to realize he was to late. After a few hours of driving Samuel pulled infront of an abandoned warehouse, as he looked over he saw Talon had passed out. He quickly reached over and grabbed her by the hair on the back of her head and thrust her forward bouncing her head off the dashboard before speaking to her. 

"I hope you got your beauty sleep b!tch because now, now the real fun begins." 
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kurrent
CLAP CLAP CLAP

That is what Kurrent did after shaking the hand of The Wolf Pack leader. He had heard his plan, intel and way of handling the situation. It was a good plan and even though the way the Wolf Pack handled it was morally and wrong those bastards deserved it, well if they were guilty.  With a bravado mimicking that of The Hunter, the Veritas Leader responded 

"Bravo Greystoke, you managed to do exactly what Gambler probably wanted all of us to do. The layout that was set, the people involved, it was all smoke and mirrors Hunter. Haven't you noticed how Veritas has not had any run in's with The Cajun for months now we were planning, waiting for him to slip just a little and now that you fell right into his plan he is probably making that move.  Since he came back Sov Son and I have been on his trial doing our best to stay out of the radar of  the Master of Manipulation and now we are left with this.  Why do you think we came after you and your team, you really did kill innocent men they had noting to do with the Shadow Initiative that info was probably planted to make us believe that and now  you are sending your team to kill more people. The Shadow Initiative is nothing compared to what he has going on now. Some big players have joined him and you animals instead of sitting back and pacing yourselves go on a blood rampage. Call your men off Hunter before they kill more innocent people or the next blood that sheds will be yours by my hand"

The Veritas Leader didn't even wait for Hunter to respond. What else could be said after finding out the Gambler had just played you. "I'll see myself out" Kurrent said before leaving the room Greystoke had taken him to. When he reached the entrance he heard a crash then he saw the Zoom Tube "AHH HELL" he said seeing Pulsar in the drivers seat and took off in a sprint jumping into the Zoom Tube "Get us the hell outta here" he said with a giggle knowing that now this would definitely not be the last Veritas heard from Wolf Pack and that Pulsar probably did something crazy.

Traveling in the Zoom Tube back to base Kurrent informed the team of the plan. Since he didn't have his com link with him Pulsar told him about what Day Hunter had done and his only response to that was "Damn"

Veritas HQ....later

"Something is not right" Kurrent said as he and Pulsar entered the HQ. "You smell that it smells like gas" Kurrent said as they walked deep into the heart of The Castle. Suddenly the left wing of the building shot up in flames and Doc walked from that area mortally wounded. "Doc what the hell happened" Kurrent yelled as he wrapped his arms around him and tried to help him up. "Pulse go get Despair and Andrew and get out of the building" As Pulsar sped off in a dash Kurrent looked at Doc "What happened" he asked again. Tears started falling from his eyes and he began to apologize profusely. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" he said and before Kurrent could answer with words of encouragement Doc said something that sent a chill up his spine "The money was too good Kurrent". 

The Veritas Leader's eyes open wide and with anger in his voice he said to Doc "What did you do". The smoke was now getting bad and Doc began to cough as he spoke but Kurrent was able to make a a few words. "The Order" and most importantly "Gambler"

"GAMBLER"
Kurrent screamed in anger after dropping Doc to the ground. He looked around to see the HQ, his and his teams home burning. Quickly Kurrent took off in a mad dash hitting the fire alarm but nothing happened he didn't bother with it anymore and went to his objective. He ended up in the computer room that was starting to catch flame. Rapidly he connected the main cpu to his watch and began to upload the hard drive. Once it was completely he had to acrobatically maneuver his way out of the burning room. He made his way to where Doc was again and saw the man trying to crawl away towards the door that lead to the stairs as that room had been engulfed as well. Before Doc could reach the stairs Kurrent grabbed his leg and began to drag him back close to the flame. After letting go Doc was near the flame of that room and he frantically began to crawl out. By now Kurrent had made his way to the stairs he looked back once to look Doc in the eye. His old friend said "Please help me, I am sorry" but it was too late he made his bed and now he was going to sleep in it. His leg caught on fire and the screams erupted. 

By the time Kurrent made it to the first level the screams were done and Doc, the traitor was finished. Pulsar had saved Despair and Andrew and together they watched the left wing of The Castle burn. Kurrent didn't know if Gambler had information he could not check the contents of his watch. The fire trucks started coming and the firemen took control putting out the fire of the HQ in a professional fashion. The Castle didn't suffer that much damage, the worse damage came to the Veritas members personally. 

Looking at the steam coming from the building Kurrent spoke into his com link that was back on his ear. "Veritas we have been infiltrated, tie up whatever loose ends and abort this mission and meet me at my parents old house until further notice that is the HQ, Kurrent out"
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By talon_x23

Gemini was tightly clasped in her right have as her fingers curled around the deadly blade itself. The sword that fell from heaven to earth had once again fell into this young and dangerous Lycans hands. Its bright blue celestial blade shattering the darkness that hung over in the sky. The iridescent moon light pierced through the elderly oaks that surrounded her as she continued walking, her footsteps carrying the power of death itself. Her blade seemed to slice through air itself wit a blade that reflected the light of the moon and seemingly bounced it off into the young girls eyes as she moved, causing them to seemingly glow with that of the resilience, and splendour of the heavens above.  

There was no sound in the midst of this silence, for all that could be heard was the breathing of this animal that lingered within these woods. Tired, tattered and torn she didn’t know how to progress from this point onward. All that laid ahead of her was a cold, and dark future one that she knew she either had to embrace or simply live the rest of her solemn life in denial. Recognition she used as she walked, the smell of her surroundings filling her nostrils as she continued her light and dark stroll in the wilderness. Her raven locks of hair slithered down her back like snakes as her eyes darted from each location to the next. She senses it that’s why she came, that was why she was here and that was why she needed Sylver out of the way.

Eventually she came to a pause as darkness consumed her entire body fully without mercy. She could smell him, his scent mixed with that of blood and roses, his footsteps echoing in the back of her mind, she knew him. Her fingers began to twitch as slowly but surely an emotion of slight fear entered her system. She caused herself to tighten her fists as she eventually yelled out to the darkness her voice as strong and confident as she could make it. “Felix…I can smell you, what are you doing?” she was caught back at the familiarity she had just used, Felix, that was his name was it not, but she never wanted anything with anyone on a first name basis.

Eventually she heard the bustling of bristle and on the ball of her heel she instantly spun around to lay eyes on him, but just as she faces him just as her eyes were about to focus her cheek suddenly received a full force hit with an unknown object. This caused Laura to be throw aside and landing on her feet she didn’t arise. Instead she wiped the blood from her jaw and finally laid her eyes on the team mate before her. It had been a while since se was this close to him, no this was the first. Felix, Wolf Pack member joined almost when she had, alias Ferro Vida, past unknown. She managed to see what had hit her so hard as her eyes fell onto his hand. She was aware her team mate possessed some kind of morphing ability but she was unsure to what extent.

His hand had been morphed into the shape of literally some kind of firearm. Spitting out the blood that had swelled into her mouth she simply uttered “Why..” her eyes were of that of certain astonishment as she could feel her jaw healing. Though instead of retaining the silence which was what she suspected him to do, he spoke, he spoke to her “Because” by now her eyes were on the weapon his hand had turned into not in the words so when she saw his muscles prepaid to move it she moved. Forming a toll and dash into the more congested area with wood work she heard the firing of bullets toward her position. Her back was leaned against a tall tree that got its own taste of lead.

Sitting comfortably in this situation Laura finally looked at the facts “Why didn’t you shoot me….I was slow but you hit me…you would have been able to kill me why did you hold back Felix!” she shouted before springing into a different direction to avoid for fire power being aimed at her. The young boy remained silent and slowly the firing stopped and once again silence had domination. Laura knew how precise Ferro Vida was, if he wanted to shoot her or kill her especially a this time those bullets would have to be silver, but the moment the gun hit her she managed to not detect the presence of silver which was odd. “Why are you slacking…what’s wrong with you” she whispered to herself. But just as her sentence finishing another string of bullet aimed in her direction went of this time she was unable to move, and happened to be pillaged in the chest before she gathered the strength to find a different location.

Laying flat on the ground Laura then realized something. “What am I doing…” she thought to herself. In any battle despite team mate or friend her claws should have been out, her animosity should have been erected and her opponent dead, this was a problem.   But before she could think onward she heard the cocking of a gun as she felt the cold metal against the back of her head. A deep sigh escaped her as she prepared herself for the pain that awaited but as the seconds went by…nothing, not gun fire, no words nothing. Using her sense she could feel some reluctance that Felix black was hold, he was holding back.

Slowly and cautiously she turned now laying on her back as her emerald rays stared at him dead in the eyes. “Felix…what going on?” she could hear his breathing it was out of sync uncontrolled as he pulled the gun away with force to s tagger back a few feet using a tree to sustain his balance. Quivering, as Laura moved toward him he moved his hand and placed it toward her, as if telling her to stop. He began muttering something under his breath something that she could not detect, but as she gained distance between hi it came entirely clearer “Talon what’s wrong with you…kill me…” he said it over and over repeating himself. And in truth she could understand the question: What was wrong with her? Why did not   even attempt to fight back, why was she standing here and not sending her Talons into his neck and end this fight. He was a liability…unstable a lose end of Wolf Pack that needed to be tied off…by attacking her he proved this...but why.

She was not as aware of Ferro’s mental state as the others in truth her mental state caused her not really to mind, he seemed quite sane to her possibly because she was insane and maybe because he was too? At least right now he was and right now she was the sane on in the situation. Cautiously moving forward she began to ask “Felix…what’s going on?” Her voice was filled with compassion as she hoped to break through to him somehow some way, she was not hurting this boy! But then like a lightning bolt he leaped toward her, unable to move right or left she did the only thing she could she commenced in a backward flip but as she finished he grabbed her by the wrist and flung her like a rag doll toward one of ht larger trees.

The truck cracked as she moaned slightly staggering to her feet but he was quicker, he grabbed her by the wrist and pushed her against the same monolithic stump with all the force of a lightning storm. Not with his elbow he placed it at her beck and grabbed her wrist pinning it there, in a sort of lock. Now he was the one staring into her eyes and he must have noticed something in them. The seconds ticked but neither moved as he then merely uttered “Why aren’t you fighting back dog!?” there was anger, strife in those words she could feel it but he was waiting for a response, so she knew one was needed “Because..I won’t hurt Felix!” she said sternly but the observed her words, implying that she would not hurt Felix she could have simply stated ‘I will not hurt you’ but she did not she referred to Felix as in the third person as if he was not present and something else was.

“You kill every day, killing guys much younger than him…why you holding back?” she could see a glimmer of Ferro in that question but she knew the moment would not last long and he had a fully open shot to take her out…permanently. Instantly her other hand moved toward his chest as she used her back and the force to push her legs toward his chest in a manor attempting to loosen his hold, and so it did. Managed to detach from his grasp she…didn’t move. She knew he was not holding back she knew if she continued being this way there was no chance, this needed to end she wanted it to end…so why could she not end it!? “He came here because he knew you’d be the one not to hold back…he thought you’d be able to end it, I guess he thought wrong of you..” With that instead of using the firearm a blade took its place…a silver blade.

He thrust it toward her while he took off in a dead sprint aiming the weapon at her heart. He came closer…she didn’t flinch…closer she didn’t move. With the blade nearing a single inch from her chest instantly a sound shattered the barrier of silence and stillness that surrounded her. Her adamantium claws were unleashed as she used them to block the oncoming attack by having her claws slide through it and then twisting her wrist as then sliding under the weapon only to gain distance and…run. As Laura ran with all her might pushing aside branches leaping over logs not looking back she suddenly stopped as she reached a road. Her whole body was now shaking as the fear of killing Felix was getting to her. She could hear him following after her, either it was determined to kill her or…Felix was determined to die. He came after her knowing that if anyone could kill him and survive this…thing it’d be her.

Taking on this new information she spun around as her instantly came into view. She was out the fear as she whispered to herself “I kissed thee ere I killed thee. No way but this: Killing myself to die upon a kiss.” With slight tears swelling in her eyes she let out a large cry as she ran toward him, her once clear emerald eyes had transformed into bright yellow, as the feral animosity fell into place. He retained his sword and what commenced was this. Metal against metal the clattering of steel on steel could be heard. Growling and snarling while the other let out cries of rage. Blood spewed like ribbons from both of the as they both became littered with scare upon cuts upon wounds.

As they both began to tire Laura finally performed her final strike. Her twin talons aimed for his shoulder, and then commencing in a frontward kick in his ribcage. This caused him to lose his momentum and that was where Laura took control, charging toward him and did the same hold that he did to her. With his back against the tree’s trunk, her blades at his neck as her elbow kept his chest pinned and her other hand clasping his wrist. Her eyes were alight with anger, rage toward this man and she knew that what happened her was simple. Pushing her claws slowly against his neck she prepaid to sever it until she looked into his eyes. They were Felix’s and this caused her to lose her own momentum.

“Do it...” he managed to whisper looking back at her. But then she replied swiftly “I won’t kill you Felix Black, you are my team mate it would be against all..of my law to kill you.” “You don’t get it” He swiftly said finishing off her sentence “I am a liability to the team…once its done with you it’ll go after Sylver…Risky The Hunter…you need to stop I before it has that chance!” Finally her mind began making sense as she then paused in the silence before letting him go and taking a few steps backward. “I can help you Felix…I’m not…I’m not killing the only person that somehow some way I managed to see myself in!” With that she then turned to walk away slowly she could hear Ferro’s struggling but ignored it, she’d not hurt him further. But then with a loud cry he lunged at her preparing to stabber his silver blade into her back.

On hearing him she on instinct did what any one would do to survive, instantly she performed a spin on her heel evading his blade only to send her talons deep into his chest. Out of shock she gasped staring into his wide eyes as blood ran down his chin. He fell to his knees Laura staggered back as if about to fall herself. Her eyes watched as his body fell to the ground motionless. Then looking at her blood stained claws she instantly ran toward him and turned him over to observe the wound. It was worse than she wanted to know, she could have punctured his spine along with that his heart either was near or part of the wound and if so he only had a few moments.

Propping his neck against her body she was unable to hold back the tears and slide down her blood stained face. She placed her hand on the wound to attempt and stop the bleeding but it didn’t do much. “Felix…I’m sorry” she said her voice all choked up. “You were always strong…dependent trustworthy you deserved Hunter’s approval not me. I was…I was always betraying Wolf Pack going on my own missions holding secrets when you..at your age you were the strong one the one that I looked up to for strength. Not once did you break did you differ you were the pillar of truth…” her words trailed off as she hung her head a moment but soon enough she felt his hand on her cheek and her eyes dashed over to look at him as she saw his face exhibit a small smile. With all the strength with in his he managed to utter “Thanks…Laura” Slowly bending over her lips touched his for a moment, as they shared a single kiss before his arm fell lifeless and he passed.

And at that moment, Laura died. Like Felix she died, inside. Laura Greystoke had vanished. And the young Laura that Wolf Pack had known was gone, and something someone else took her place. Unable to contain herself she let out a desperate cry of pain and hurt as she slowly slid away from his body. Quivering slightly she raised the com lick of her communicator setting it that all Wolf Pack members could hear “Wolf Pack this is Talon, Ferro Vida is dead, died in the line of duty, cause of dead, dying in my stead, and saving my life. He will be honored for his courageous acts and if you do not I’ll kill anyone who disagrees…I shall take care of his body, and Hunter" she said pausing a moment "I resign  as a Wolf Pack member... temporarily or permanently, effective...today." Lowering the com link she looked at the moment a moment letting out a deep sigh as she whispered “It should have been me…” 

Days later.

The eerie feeling of a grave yard was something she didn’t want to experience she had a better Idea. His body was buried at the tip of Mount Everest in a location that was cloaked using Ferro’s own technology so that only Wolf Pack members or she would be able to find it. And so dressed in only skimpy attire Laura’s body stood over the grave a cold icy wind beat against her body as her tears froze the moment they fell from her face. Her long locks of hair blew in the strong gale hiding her emerald eyes that continued to tear even after these days had past, the pain remained. Eventually gathering the courage she knelt down by his grave and in scripted this writing into it “He entered this world with nothing, and left behind nothing except this: The impact that he placed in each and every individuals life that had the pleasure of encountering him.”   And then below those words were Laura’s own inscription:

“I kissed thee ere I killed thee. No way but this: Killing myself to die upon a kiss.”

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sylver

Present - Mount Everest - Ferro Vida's Gravesite 

Bloody tears.  Dark red in nature, cold as the wind over Mount Everest, where she was standing.  Vampires have no real tears of water, just blood; it is the only thing inside them not frozen by their immortal curse.  The only thing they lived and died for. 

Heh...living and dying.  The tragedy of it all.  Sylver thought, a hint of mirth and blatent sarcasm painting her thoughts.  Living and dying: it was a strange subject for her.  She wished for both and got neither.  Was she so selfish then, as compared to those who wanted life?  Would they trade places with her, since they had loved ones to leave behind, while she had but a few thread-thin anchors?  She was sure they would...but she wouldn't.  Not after knowing what it was like. 

What it's like...to feel nothing.  Sylver pondered.  It was true.  Despite the fact that her teammate had died, despite the knowing that she'd almost lost her best friend in the process, despite everything that had just gone on....she felt nothing.  She had become calloused to death.  It was too easy to create...much easier to watch.  Even now, she shed no tears...no bloody red, vampire's tears. 

I should have been there...I should have followed her.  Stupid unfeeling thing that you are Sylver! Why didn't you follow her?  Her thoughts screamed at her.  Sylver clenched her teeth, her eyebrows narrowed.  She shut the guilt down and turned the consciounce off.  It hadn't helped her before...she didn't need it now.  And she wouldn't need it...ever again.

“I’m sorry”

Sylver blinked, not expecting these words from the ever-persistant Talon.  She'd just chewed Laura out and now she was...apologizing?  What the crud? 
     “I jeopardized the mission and placed both our lives in danger along with the larger plan and I am sorry.”   Talon continued, her head hanging low, but high enough for Sylver to see the sincerity in her emerald eyes.  Sylver felt as if she should say something then...but what?  "ummm, that's ok" or "yeah, no biggie" just didn't seem right.  But Laura kept going, “The only thing I can figure is that I’m becoming more human more emotional and I need to stop it.  Due to something someone I don’t really know I’m losing the walls of control I built within myself and I must regain them, I’m malfunctioning and need to be fixed before I continue my active duty as a member of Wolf Pack”.     
     Sylver blinked.  What was she getting at?  Sylver reached her hand out to touch Laura's shoulder, but Laura turned away, her back to Sylver.  Sylver recoiled her hand, her eyes trying to discern Talon's behavior.  Yes, Laura was quite erratic...to anyone who didn't know her....but there was a pattern to what she did...a soul that wanted something.  For the most part, Sylver could relate to her, understand her...but now, reacting to her was the only debatable issue. 
     “When you see Hunter tell him I’m taking a leave of absence to figure out why this is happening..” Sylver took a step forward as Laura said those words.  "Laura...don't do this.  We've been over this...running away won't help.  Let me help you."  She implored, and it seemed that her plea had some affect...Laura paused, but then turned to Sylver with a faint, gentle smile.  A smile saying goodbye.
     “And I know who’s responsible at least I think I know”

"Laura---don't do this--Laura!"  Sylver shouted as her friend vanished in a flash of light.  But Sylver paused, rooted to the spot.  Had Laura said "Day Hunter"?  The one responsible?  Laura was going to need her help.  Sylver clasped her hands together, summoning the magic within.  With the warm sensation spreading through her fingers, becoming subdued under her control, Sylver opened her mouth to begin her spell...but stopped. 
     Would Laura really want her help?  Sylver knew, that if it was herself going through a personal issue, she'd want to do it alone.  But if it was Sylver going through it....Laura would always help her.....  The fiery sensation died and vanished.  A firmness had settled onto Sylver's face.  Laura was old enough to know what she wanted, what she needed to do....and Sylver was not her babysitter.  She'd followed Laura into countless situations, hoping to help her...restore her...but had she really helped?  Maybe it was time to let Laura do things on her own.  She was strong enough and definitely powerful enough to face Day Hunter, and truely, the only person who could help Laura, was Laura. 
     Sylver tapped her com-link, connecting to Laura's.  "Listen Laura...I'm not going to follow you.  You're old enough to know what you want and how to fix your own problems, and I mean that as a compliment.  If you need me, just call."   
     So Sylver walked away, telling herself that her instincts were wrong...telling herself that her consciounce was wrong...she just needed to keep walking.  Why?  She wasn't sure.  It wasn't because she was ignoring Laura....she just....she didn't know.  There was nothing inside her calling her in a different direction.  Nothing contradicting her and her set mind-frame.  She felt....blank.  She had just gotten through killing a man, and that had only thrilled her for a moment...and then the thrill was gone.  Was violence really the only point of emotional arousment for her? 
     But then her com-link beeped, calling her to regroup with the rest of the team.  Shutting down the issues swirling in her head, Sylver teleported away, focusing only on following orders...and telling Hunter of his daughter's desision. 
     But it wouldn't take long for Sylver to get a call on her com-link, and it wasn't the one she was hoping for.  Talon had called...to tell them that Ferro Vida was dead.  But horribly enough, it wasn't that that pulled Sylver out of her cold state.  She could hear Laura under her breath saying that it was her fault...that it should have been her.  The knife in her undead heart was set, and it burned.  The guilt and the regret stung like a hot iron, searing that stupid, stupid, unfeeling soul of hers.   
     Sylver was teleporting over to where Laura was the instant the call came in, but it was too late.  Too late for Ferro Vida, too late for Laura...too late for Sylver.  Sylver had knelt next to her sobbing friend, but no words of comfort were spoken.  The finger of blame was obviously pointed at Sylver...but the only one it was crushing was Laura. 

Sylver placed a white marble rose next to Ferro Vida's headstone and stepped back.  It was sickening....the feeling that she was trying to say sorry for something she so obviously caused.  Hypocritical dead thing...  Her mind hissed.  The wind whipped Sylver's black cloak, pulling it into the air like a dark shade.  Without thinking, she took it off, and placed it around the shoulders of a shivering Talon.  Sylver knelt next to her, placing her arms around her, even though they brought no warmth....she had something she needed to say. 

"I am sorry, Laura...I truely am.  You should not feel the pain that I deserve."  Sylver said, her eyes staring at the gravestone before her.  "I should have followed you....I knew you needed help...but I didn't.  And do you want to know why?"  She muttered, her voice suddenly shaking with anger.  She took her hands off of Laura and clenched them tight. 

"Because I feel nothing."  She uttered, a hiss of anger trailing it, "I feel nothing at all.  I feel no sadness at his passing, "  She said, waving her hand at the gravemarker, "nor any pity for you, my dearest friend."  She said, a cruel hint of sarcasm depicted in her words.  Her empty, dark words.   

She looked at Laura's tear-stained face, as if staring at her longer would inflict some sort of pain...something to revive her....but nothing came.  With her face firm, with no hint of emotion showing, Sylver continued, "You deserve better, Laura.  You're a wonderful person...a very unique soul.  Your emotion is a gift, even if you hate it.  It gives you discernment and power."  Sylver stood and began to turn away.  "You deserve better friends than I, Laura.  I have nothing to give you, nothing to help you with.  Save pain." 

"Stay away from me, Laura.  Seek your comfort from the rest of the Wolf Pack.  They care for you.  And tell Hunter to contact me when I am needed.  I will be waiting." 

And with that, Sylver took off, flying into the raging winds and frigid blasts. 

Strength and honor....Ferro Vida had given his full measure of it in his death, Laura in her attempt to save him.... 

Strength and honor: qualities of heroes and beings with souls, definition of the great fighters of earth, of heroes and neutrals, of soldiers and kings.... 

But not of a vampire who could shed no bloody tears.