_All_The_Lords_Huntsmen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Little Hollow... or is it?
The Little Hollow... or is it?

"Hello friends, and welcome to Little Hollow, our little traveling village. We come from a distant land, with nothing but our caravan and what lies inside them. Feel free to speak with our townsfolk of our history. If you wish to take one of our wondrous artifacts with you, I, Karl the Trader, will satisfy you in that regard. Please, visit me at my stall if you seek adventure!" The mustached trader continues to ramble on about his wonders, drawing many curious ones who came thinking the place was a sort of carnival. Around, simple men and women went about their lives. Cooking, eating, telling stories to the curious. The cover had obviously fooled the unwary, so they didn't get too nosey. One of the larger caravans sat slightly away from the others. The door? Locked. If one were to find a way inside, they would realize what was hidden in this camp. The door opens up to a new world, as if going outside rather than inside. A forest with scurrying animals, a sky locked in twilight, and mountains in the distance. The rouse outside this hut were the homes of the gatherers. Inside this caravan, the actual Little Hollow, was the home of the hunters.

Did they fight for what is right, or for what they believed? I'd like to think both.
Did they fight for what is right, or for what they believed? I'd like to think both.

Perhaps a history lesson is in order here? It starts in Europe. The Crusaders, the Templar, the Knights of the Holy Order and- well, I'm sure you get the point. They are the original Huntsmen- Warriors and the like dealing with the enemies of what was seen as Holy at the time. Granted, the Church became corrupt, the the Knights lost their holiness in hindsight. But, they were still the originals. Originals are always rough. They inspired Fairy Tales, in which brave warriors and sometimes peasant hunters would aid in the destruction of creatures of the dark side of magic.

These three started something... what was it?
These three started something... what was it?

As the world progressed, knights Templar became less knightly, and more a society. A society that still believed in magic, and the evils of it. So, when the time was right and they had done their planning, three of them, whose names were lost in history (perhaps on purpose) attacked what they had determined to be a cult. What Deity were they worshiping? Nobody knows. Facts are, the fanatics were right, and though they made a big public mess, they took care of what may of became a problem in the future. Maybe.

Lets zoom in a bit in the future. A somewhat modern age, with most believing magic never existed in the first place. Because, you know, it didn't, right? Well... then the Gods showed up on Earth's doorstep. Yep, yep, the Gods decided to do some business on Earth. Brought almost every other myth with them. Olympians, Asgardians, does it even matter? Fact is, it showed people how ignorant they were. That's where Derrick comes in. Who is Derrick, you might ask? In his own words, he's "the one who thinks vampires aren't really a big problem". Jokes, always with the jokes...

Derrick, Witch Hunter and Optimist Extraordinaire
Derrick, Witch Hunter and Optimist Extraordinaire

Yea, Derrick doesn't like to talk about his life. What I personally have dug up is that he has a Druid heritage, and likes disposing of the retched, sometimes with thinking. He's the one who pulled "us" (we'll get to that some other time) together. He's a Witch Hunter. The first thing he did was kill some hag that had gotten bold with all the chaos in the world. She did a bunch of hokus pokcus and, poof, she summons a giant monster slug thing in a small town in... Russia? Maybe, I'm not good with all this history and stuff. Anyways, I'm not gonna tell you about what happened specifically, but he thought the best way to fight magic is with magic... and stuff. That's why he pulled us together. Maybe he just wanted to be lazy and make us do all the work? No, he'd never do that... right? Anyway, welcome to Little Hollow. The real one, I mean. Fight the good fight and all that.

OOC

I'm getting braver as I go along. This is a team thread and location. Rules, qualifications, and stuff are listed belooooow-

Qualifications/Rules/Stuff

• In order to join, character must be of obscure mythology. Feel free to add your own twists on things. Only rule here is NO gods, angels, OR demons.
  • I determine what is and isn't considered a god, angel, or demon here, not you, the President, or some raging Pastor in a Church
  • Anyone may enter the thread IC. That doesn't mean your guaranteed to get a response. However, only team members may enter the REAL Little Hollow, unless we've worked something out and you have approval. By multiple members.
  • All standard RP rules apply (/obvious).
  • Be respectful.
  • If you are going to be absent for some time, say a week, tell please.
  • Have Funs.
Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ishin

Good luck with this :)

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Roman

@Premonition said:

Excuse me? I think I TOTALLY have the right to decide what a god, angel, or demon is.

Because I'm the [censored] President. B)

itislaw.gif

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By _Psy_
@Premonition: :p
Madame_Blossom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Madame_Blossom

Your now my arch-nemesis. ♥ Witch-hunters are my fav.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Urban_Ronin

This looks kind of tight. Almost wanna go into Alt Mode lol

_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Octavius_
@Madame_Blossom: "OH but hum hum ma lady, you do not seem the wicked type! Perhaps Derrick could determine it better, but you seem swell!"
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Octavius_

@Brother_Yaga: Karl the Trader, as he was attempting to sell a balance to a tourist began to wobble as the House walks to the camp. As the boy slides off, Karl bites his finger before running off to the separated caravan. He knocks hastily on the door, before Derrick opens it up. "What is it, Karl? Another tourist being cheap? I told you, I don't manage that."The witch hunter says, a bit tired of the salesman. "No, no, no Derrick. That was an isolated incident, I assure you. Look, over there!"Karl points towards the house on chicken legs, some tourists examining it. Derrick raises an eyebrow.

"I know that building. Has anyone, or anything, came out of it? Should I get Octavius out here?" Karl removes his top hat, scratching his bald head. "Yes sir, a boy." Derrick's eyes widened. "Get back to your stall, I'll handle this." Karl nods, wandering back to his caravan. The smell was one of the gatherer's cooking. Miss Layla, she cooked for the caravans, and sold to the tourists. Seasoned rabbit stew, dumplings, simple things they had gathered in their travels. Derrick took a seat, nodding to Layla to play along, hoping the kid would approach, and not make the house stampede for some reason. He knew of Yaga's tricks and schemes.

_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: The woman looked at the house for a second before eying the young visitor. Before she could answer, Derrick jumped in. "Usually it costs some amount of coin, but that's just for the average ones. I'm guessing you've had quite a journey." Derrick said, turning towards the boy. "And such journeys cause hunger. Layla, fix the lad something, I'll give you a tip afterwards." The cook nodded. She made up a plate and set it on the counter in front of the young man. Derrick took his notes all the while, silently.
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: "Boy, if the Snow Queen was out here she would of already of paid me a visit. Just eat." Derrick said, removing a pipe from his jacket. "The only thing I'm interested in is you and your history with miss Mortar and Broomstick, and how you managed to steal her house." Derrick takes a puff as his eyes turn towards the bird legged structure. He chuckles lightly.
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: "I'm sure it was a horrid experience. I've never personally met the woman, but she doesn't sound like the motherly type from the tales I hear." He took another puff of smoke, coughing lightly. "And now you have her house. I suppose the next question is, what to do now? Keep running with it an hope she never finds you would be an obvious answer I reckon?" Derrick yawned.
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: He nodded. "Reminds me of a tale of a mountain with in Japan... Yama-Uba I think her name was. A bit more grisly than Yaga, but she also was known to steal children. One of them grew into a hero in some tale, but I'm sure your not interested in that." Layla places a bowl of soup in front of Derrick before going back to work. "Point is, maybe I could help you, and you help me. Maybe you won't need to go to Germany." Derrick lifted the bowl with up to his mouth and drank the soup like any other beverage before setting it down. "Less running away, more hiding. Even with a Witch, numbers will always offer one some degree of strength."

(Gotta go now. Feel free to post a reply, we'll just have to continue this tomorrow! :p)
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: "I assumed you had had enough with witches. I'll tell you the tale another time."He chuckled as he put up his pipe. "See, you have experience with witches. Individuals with that trait are hard to find these days. I run a band of.... hunters, with creatures like Yaga as our prey. The caravans here are just a mask. I'm always looking for others to help in this cause."
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Octavius_
@Brother_Yaga: "Witches aren't quite the only beasties we hunt. but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Derrick places a pouch of coin on the counter for Layla before standing up. "Glad your on board, still. If you need to see me, or the one other hunter currently with us, visit my caravan."He points off to the secluded homestead a little ways off from the main Hollow. "Layla serves hunters free, assuming your still hungry."Derrick chuckles before walking off.

(Oh, and bump.)
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Octavius_

Octvaius scurries around his hut within the confines of the parallel world within Derick's caravan. Two brownies carried supplies around his workstation as he mixed and matched ingredients into a potion. "A dab of sap, some mashed pine needles... Hum Hum." He mumbled as he looked through his recipe books. "Alright, alright. The shell of a dead snail, and then a bit of grass roots." The brownies carried around the items needed, and Octavius added them to his concoction. "Alright, now we have to boil it in sunlight." The brownies scratched their heads at the statement, but Octavius pats them on their heads, setting a piece of bread next to them before grabbing his hat off his door handle and running out. Knowing full well no sunlight would exist in this world, it trapped in eternal Twilight, he heads for the standing door to the over world. He places on his enchanted headgear, and it cloaks him, making him appear human. He opens up the door, and sees the over world. The caravans had made their way to a nice field, and it was bright and sunny. Smiling, he runs out and begins setting up a area outside the tourist attraction to do is experimenting.

Avatar image for _all_the_lords_huntsmen_
_All_The_Lords_Huntsmen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the mood to bring this back.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#26 Icarusflies  Moderator
_Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Legion_
_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Octavius_

And I saved the bio somewhere! Praise da plants!

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Constantine

Octavius sounds like octopus, do you have eight legs?

_Octavius_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5