• 157 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Pertaining to RP's or characters start a question with "Why is it that" then complete the question with whatever you want as long as it has to do with RP or characters.  See what people say and what they ask.

#2 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

why is it, that we relate more to our characters than we do with the real us?

#3 Edited by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"why is it, that we relate more to our characters than we do with the real us?"

because its called an rpg which is a role-playing game and means play a different role other than your own unless you did what i did and put some of your real self into your character


why is it that there are hardly any human characters
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
lionel hunter said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"why is it, that we relate more to our characters than we do with the real us?"

because its called an rpg which is a role-playing game and means play a different role other than your own unless you did what i did and put some of your real self into your character


why is it that there are hardly any human characters
"
Do you mean, with no powers? Cause there are quiet a few enhanced humans on the site.
#5 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

yes that's what i mean no powers at all and im guessing someone will say or is thinking because there weak

#6 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"lionel hunter said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"why is it, that we relate more to our characters than we do with the real us?"

because its called an rpg which is a role-playing game and means play a different role other than your own unless you did what i did and put some of your real self into your character


why is it that there are hardly any human characters
"
Do you mean, with no powers? Cause there are quiet a few enhanced humans on the site.
"
Det. Vic Mackey rules!  Yeah, he's the best non-powered character, lol.
#7 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spartan said:
"Nobody said:
"lionel hunter said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"why is it, that we relate more to our characters than we do with the real us?"

because its called an rpg which is a role-playing game and means play a different role other than your own unless you did what i did and put some of your real self into your character


why is it that there are hardly any human characters
"
Do you mean, with no powers? Cause there are quiet a few enhanced humans on the site.
"
Det. Vic Mackey rules!  Yeah, he's the best non-powered character, lol.
"
  that's an opinion not a fact
#8 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that some people put so much useless drama into everything?

#9 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spartan said:
"Why is it that some people put so much useless drama into everything?"
  because they like to be right
#10 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it cus drama has some points of fun and info that can help in real life, or help you get away from some of the drama in your real life by having a differnt kind. I like drama, lol.

thanks lionel..But i dont quiet get it..

we are all humans, really, But then, why do i feel more alive and myself with the elf mutant?

#11 Posted by lionel hunter (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"I find it cus drama has some points of fun and info that can help in real life, or help you get away from some of the drama in your real life by having a differnt kind. I like drama, lol.

thanks lionel..But i dont quiet get it..

we are all humans, really, But then, why do i feel more alive and myself with the elf mutant?"


humans and mutants and gods are serarated by their powers and where they come from humans are people supposedly put on a planet with no powers or come from an amoeba billions of years ago with no powers. mutants are humans with powers and gods are made from a god or something else i dont know what it is and why you feel more alive is your own reasons you will have to find them because you know more about yourself.
#12 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it so hard for some people to lose or at least take some hits? There are way to many people on here who either cant or simply wont sell. Nobody wants to fight someone who doesn't know how to take a hit, or wipes out an entire army of NPC characters in one post.

#13 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats why i dont do battles most of the time. I fear my character mght be to powerful. I try not to make her that way. but with the powers I've given her.. I'm afraid people might think her to be a good seller.

#14 Posted by Alexander Nexus (163 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"Why is it so hard for some people to lose or at least take some hits? There are way to many people on here who either cant or simply wont sell. Nobody wants to fight someone who doesn't know how to take a hit, or wipes out an entire army of NPC characters in one post.
"
I guess some people dont like the fact that they lose despite the fact thats not what RPGing is about and i guess some people could let pride get in the way of there RPing.
#15 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it is like comicbook fights. Just cause you take some hits or even some serious damage doesn't mean you'll lose. Its okay to go a lil over the top and have your character survive being thrown off a roof or hit with electricity etc etc.. Ham it up is what I say. It makes for a better read then someone who doesn't get hurt. Invulnerability is the lamest power you can have in my opinion.

#16 Posted by Alexander Nexus (163 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"The way I see it is like comicbook fights. Just cause you take some hits or even some serious damage doesn't mean you'll lose. Its okay to go a lil over the top and have your character survive being thrown off a roof or hit with electricity etc etc.. Ham it up is what I say. It makes for a better read then someone who doesn't get hurt. Invulnerability is the lamest power you can have in my opinion.
"
That i agree with that and making your character do a load of god power moves where there is no chance for the other guy to survive even in a RPG.

Why is it that some people wont read others posts and enjoy them?
#17 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to admit it, but i skip some peoples posts. But only the ones that cant stay within the frame work of the Rpg. Like in Civil War there where a couple people posting about Lord of the Rings. I ain't reading that sh!t. LMAO

#18 Posted by Alexander Nexus (163 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO Yeah thats all a bit strange and you think people would notice a god knows how big flying nazgul. Ill dmit i dont read those posts but i can be a good laugh when you do.

#19 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

#20 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"I hate to admit it, but i skip some peoples posts. But only the ones that cant stay within the frame work of the Rpg. Like in Civil War there where a couple people posting about Lord of the Rings. I ain't reading that sh!t. LMAO
"

ha ha ha coughdreadcough
#21 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that a story RPG can grow so much over a night that I've lost all hope of catching up? coughcivilwarcough

#22 Posted by Alexander Nexus (163 posts) - - Show Bio
Twilight Man said:
"Why is it that a story RPG can grow so much over a night that I've lost all hope of catching up? coughcivilwarcough
"

I think you should read through but if your not use to a RPG of that size start of smaller work your way up get use things first.

#23 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

TM, because we want the story to move along and not haev twelve people stuck in one moment. It pays to move them or you'll never get anywhere with them.

#24 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"TM, because we want the story to move along and not haev twelve people stuck in one moment. It pays to move them or you'll never get anywhere with them."
Yeah I know, it was sort of a rhetorical question xP I think the main reason I've lost all hope of catching up in Civil War is that I didn't start read when I first saw it. I had no problem catching up with CV. :p
#25 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that as well. If an Rpg takes off as soon as its put up, and you dont come on until the next day, or in some cases later that same day you'll be buried by like 3 pages of posts.

#26 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
*rolls her eyes* You are the one telling me to move things along sometimes :P
#27 Edited by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"*rolls her eyes* You are the one telling me to move things along sometimes :P"
No No, moving the story is  great. I'm saying I hate when I miss the start of an Rpg and by the time I see it its already two pages deep. Thats alot of reading to catch up on.
#28 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

LMFAO Yeah I agree. Thats why I havent really done RPGs in awhile. By the time I get to them its to far ahead.

#29 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that people make teams that don't participate in RPG's

#30 Posted by ronin alexsnder (7817 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"I hate to admit it, but i skip some peoples posts. But only the ones that cant stay within the frame work of the Rpg. Like in Civil War there where a couple people posting about Lord of the Rings. I ain't reading that sh!t. LMAO
"
totally agree. when that happen i had a hard time not losing interest
#31 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"Why is it so hard for some people to lose or at least take some hits? There are way to many people on here who either cant or simply wont sell. Nobody wants to fight someone who doesn't know how to take a hit, or wipes out an entire army of NPC characters in one post.
"
I totally agree
#32 Posted by Zoom III (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I can take out an entire army of NPC in one post, but i dont...that's not how u make someone better!

#33 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?

#34 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Risky said:

"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"

I wonder that too.

#35 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"
I don't think post count means a thing.
#36 Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

pfffffft I was noticed before a thousand

*lies*

#37 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"

I was highly recognized before I even had 100 posts.
#38 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"
I don't know if its the post count as much as  what you do. What I mean by that is (and no offense to anyone) but if your new to Rpgs and your first fight is against.....Midnight Lantern, not to many people are gonna take notice. Now I'm not saying thats right its just the way it is. Personally I believe if your a good Rper eventually your gonna be noticed, regardless of post count.
#39 Posted by Sephirim (4274 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"
yea ive been on vine since jan and still no one knows who i am lolz
#40 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio
Sephirim said:
"Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"
yea ive been on vine since jan and still no one knows who i am lolz
"
What have you done (RPG) wise to be recognized? Just asking.
#41 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"Risky said:
"Why is it that you have to have 1000 posts or more before people start recognizing you?
"
I don't know if its the post count as much as  what you do. What I mean by that is (and no offense to anyone) but if your new to Rpgs and your first fight is against.....Midnight Lantern, not to many people are gonna take notice. Now I'm not saying thats right its just the way it is. Personally I believe if your a good Rper eventually your gonna be noticed, regardless of post count.
"
.........
#42 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnight Lantern said:
.........
"

Ok, your little elipsis post isn't gonna change anything, nor will it have any desired dramatic effect whatsoever. And it's always been like that, by the way. So I would just stop because it's a waste of forum space.
#43 Posted by Sephirim (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

ive posted in forums ive battle rayne twice i think..iv posted my own forums i joined a team(tenth magnitude and was a soildier and Vv)


and when i go to acknowledge someone i get completely ignored(by everyone accept for a few people)

but all together i had at least 6 battles ..and im battling rite now

#44 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that battles are more popular then story RPG's?

#45 Posted by The_Superior_Sapien (1716 posts) - - Show Bio
Sephirim said:
"ive posted in forums ive battle rayne twice i think..iv posted my own forums i joined a team(tenth magnitude and was a soildier and Vv)


and when i go to acknowledge someone i get completely ignored(by everyone accept for a few people)

but all together i had at least 6 battles ..and im battling rite now
"
Well if you've been on the VV as well as Tenth Magnitude then clearly you've been recognized no? And I really don't know Rayne so.... The best way to get noticed is to put in some nice writing in a Story Rpg, or fight someone everybody knows. Drifter has like 200 posts maybe, but he's fighting Kurrent. If he comes with strong posts he'll be elevated and a wide range of people will recognize him.
#46 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Why is it that battles are more popular then story RPG's?"

Good point.
#47 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that members don't post "powerless" much?

#48 Posted by Sephirim (4274 posts) - - Show Bio
Florian Kincaid LeBeau said:
"Sephirim said:
"ive posted in forums ive battle rayne twice i think..iv posted my own forums i joined a team(tenth magnitude and was a soildier and Vv)


and when i go to acknowledge someone i get completely ignored(by everyone accept for a few people)

but all together i had at least 6 battles ..and im battling rite now
"
Well if you've been on the VV as well as Tenth Magnitude then clearly you've been recognized no? And I really don't know Rayne so.... The best way to get noticed is to put in some nice writing in a Story Rpg, or fight someone everybody knows. Drifter has like 200 posts maybe, but he's fighting Kurrent. If he comes with strong posts he'll be elevated and a wide range of people will recognize him.
"
well im fighting ladydeath im not to sure if shes known shes on the hfc and you dont know rayne? hes on the ice dragons




oh yea even with being Vv and Tenth magnitude people still ignore me and stuff(except a few people)
#49 Posted by Feral Nova (47425 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Why is it that people make teams that don't participate in RPG's
"
I can kinda speak for WAL on this, lol

The reason why we dont really participate in RPG's is because the people in our group were never really trained for story RPG's only to simply just battle. So you'll see the people of WAL do numbers of battles and some tourneys, but when it comes down to stories.... most of us are kinda lost on how to do them. Kenobi and NeVann have done a good job (I think) in trying to represent WAL in RPG's that they participate in.

But like for me, when I was doing the Civil War, I was so  lost on what to do, I'm so used to doing just battles that I really didnt know how to make a post without wanting to fight with someone.

But... yeah, were trying though! XDD
#50 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
Feral Nova said:
"Kurrent said:
"Why is it that people make teams that don't participate in RPG's
"
I can kinda speak for WAL on this, lol

The reason why we dont really participate in RPG's is because the people in our group were never really trained for story RPG's only to simply just battle. So you'll see the people of WAL do numbers of battles and some tourneys, but when it comes down to stories.... most of us are kinda lost on how to do them. Kenobi and NeVann have done a good job (I think) in trying to represent WAL in RPG's that they participate in.

But like for me, when I was doing the Civil War, I was so  lost on what to do, I'm so used to doing just battles that I really didnt know how to make a post without wanting to fight with someone.

But... yeah, were trying though! XDD
"

You're doing a great job in "The Cowboys" right now.

Yes, NeVann and Obi are both really good and have proven themselves in RPGing.