Who Watches Them?

Vesigrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vesigrae

After the murder of noted superhero Antoine La Vida, also known by the codename Vida Eterno, cities around the world began to turn on the super crowd in general. Now, it isn't just the villains in the limelight. Heroes, fences, villains, anyone with extraordinary abilities or inhuman traits were targets of propaganda, vicious attacks, and attempted murders.
In Philiadelphia, people are campaigning for superhero banning, with no compromise. In Chicago, they are using militant force on any known or proven super. In New York, Cairo, Hong Kong, Milan, Paris, Buenos Aires, and Los Angeles, supers are being attacked on sight.
Behind it all sits one man, one person who wishes to recreate society, as just normal humans, through assassination and public humiliation. Now, it is up to the entire super community to band together to stop this unknown evil... before it stops them.

Who Watches Them?

Vesigrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vesigrae
Vesigrae stepped off the bus in Manhattan, his dark leather trenchcoat and black fedora hiding his cyborg features. He sidled over to the sidewalk, where an older gentleman sat on a dirty metal bench. The older man glanced up at Vesigrae, and muttered a hello. Vesigrae stopped walking, taking note of the man and the bulge in the waistband of his dirty, torn jeans. A gun. And a big gun at that. Vesigrae decided to get some answers.

Sitting next to the old man, Vesigrae made sure to only reveal the human half of his body. He held out his hand, which was awkward considering he was sitting to the man's right, and used his left hand. The man ignored it, and Vesigrae decided to try words.

"
Good afternoon, sir. I am Angel Ramos, perhaps you've heard of me. I own a recording studio in Los Angeles and have signed a few hardcore bands to my label..." He watched the old man, who was unmoving. After a moment of silence, he continued.

"Well, perhaps not. Anyways, I was wondering... What is this major craze I continue to hear rumors of? I believe I heard a woman say she was going to... murder... any non-human... Is this true?" Vesigrae kept note of the man's left hand, which inched closer to his gun. Instead of continuing, Vesigrae decided to just walk away. Up quickly, he fell into the crowd, blending quite well considering the relatively low hustle and bustle of a chill Manhattan day.
Misericorde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Misericorde

Raged filled cries rent the air as Nicholas mounted the roof top, grabbing hold of the red brick chimney and taking a sharp left turn, quickly leaping across the gap to the next house. The locals were unrelenting in their pursuit of the hunter though. “This is the last time... I ever take a job from a F***ing anonymous source!” It had sounded simple enough at first. Kill a local vampire that had been acting up a little too much. Not his favourite pass time, but work was work. Unfortunately, Nick hadn’t heard a news report for weeks now, and it was over this course of time that one of the world’s most beloved heroes, Vida Eterno, had been murdered. Ever since, the world’s public had begun turning on the meta-human populace. Even the small German village he had been hunting in was out for blood. He shuddered as he thought of what they had done to the vampire. “He may have been a nasty little blood sucker, but no one deserves to go out like that.”

It had been nearly half an hour since the chase began, and Nicholas was beginning to grow bored. He was sorely tempted to just turn and wipe them out, but that kind of press wouldn’t help anyone in the long run. Still, he had to do something. With a sigh, he plucked a small, black grenade from his belt, pulled the pin, and tossed it over his shoulder to the street bellow. The hunter chuckled as he heard the collective cry of fright come from the mob, and the scrambling of feet as they scattered. Screeching to a halt, he turned and strode back to glance over the edge. There was a small popping noise as the shell of the black ball broke open, revealing a bright yellow smiley face. “Now, I suppose it would be most prudent to find out just what is going on here.”

Two days had passed since the botched hunt. Misericorde made his way down the Berlin Street, his dark green jacket concealing the gear he carried, ranging from silver hunting knives to Uzis. A single sheathed Katana was slung across his back, garnering him a small amount of attention while also telling any would be attackers to keep their distance. The hunter had just recently heard the details of why he had been attacked and the repercussions of it were staggering. “One little hero gets killed and suddenly the whole world goes to hell!? I mean, I like a little chaos as much as anyone, but this is pushing it!” He shakes his head as he makes his way towards an old lady, addressing her in perfect German.

“Excuse me, ma’am. I’m looking for someone who can take me to America. Could you direct me to the nearest dock?”

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ferro Vida

The music blared as Felix’s fingers flashed across the keyboard, trying find some clue as to who killed Antoine La Vida. The world had been descending into chaos ever since the hero’s death. People were edgy, and beginning to lash out at the super human populace. There had to be something or someone orchestrating everything. The question was who or what would do this.

He let a quick sigh as he glanced around his room and then down at himself, his simple red shirt, boot-cut blue jeans, and black runners were a welcome change from the costume he had been stuck in for the last week. It was good to be back at WAL tower, in living conditions that he could, well, live in, but he couldn’t help but miss something. Or rather, he missed someone. In the brief time he had known Abam Sasaki, he had developed some very serious feeling for her. Some might think that it was because of his youth that he felt this way, but they had already faced life or death situations together. The boy was beginning to think he was in love, and, at least part of him, thought that she felt the same way.

A sudden uproar from outside, loud enough to drown out his music, stirred him from his thoughts. With a quick push off from his desk, the hero sent the rolling chair traveling towards the window overlooking the city. Nothing could have prepared him for the sight that greeted his eyes. A riot had broken out just outside the tower. It looked like the entire city was sitting on their door step. Something near the center of the group caught his attention. They all seemed to be converging on one point. Straining his eyes, Felix caught a glimpse of a gloved hand just as it disappeared under the masses.

“Oh god, there killing someone!” The words ripped from his throat as he dashed out the door, calling for the rest of the team as he went, to no avail. It seemed it was up to him to stop the massacre. The young hero took a deep breath as he reached the main entrance. A thin metal gate and one hundred yards was all that stood between the tower and the mob, and his appearance would surely rile them even further. There was no choice, though. Whoever was being attacked wouldn’t last much longer on their own.

Vesigrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vesigrae
Vesigrae moved quickly through the crowd, not one of them turning to see him or talk to him, or in other way notice his existence. He stopped outside a hotel, one called the Nova Regency, and he walked in to the well-decorated lobby, his one blue eye visible from under his fedora. As he scanned the lobby for an old friend, Maria Dark, a young, hispanic bell-boy came up to him, and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Perdonme, senor. Oom, can I take yoor bag, senor?" Vesigrae smiled as he reached into his shoulder bag, and pulls out a ten dollar bill.
"No, but here. This is for your generosity in a time of such terror. Sorry it isn't much, I've been traveling." Vesigrae smiled as the kid took it, and the elevator opened to reveal the lovely, and quite busty, Maria Dark. He smiled at her, his dark blue skin appearing black to any onlookers, but she knew better. She froze in the elevator and subtly motioned for him to come to her.

As he entered the lift, Maria motioned for him not to speak until they reached her suite. Vesigrae smiled and waited as the lift rose quickly, and they stepped off on the 13th floor. Maria took his hand and pulled him quickly to her room, and shut the door behind her. She spun quickly and firstly slapped Vesigrae, then hugged him with such ferocity it put them off balance and they fell in a heap together.

"You son of a--" Maria began, her velvety, chocolatine voice sounding hurt and excited at the same time. Vesigrae stopped her with a finger over her enticing lips.

"It was better my way, Maria. Parting is always sweet sorrow, and I couldn't afford not to go." Vesigrae could only hope she would understand.

"Lindon, I swear to God, if you ever leave me like that again I will hunt your dark blue ass all over the Earth, and I will kill you myself. Now, why are you here? And don't tell me you're just visiting an old love interest, because I heard about Vida, God bless his soul." Maria's dark brown eyes sparkled as she talked, and Vesigrae.. Lindon, to her, took note of that sparkle.

"I need a place to hide-out here in Manhattan for a little while... And I was looking back into an old love-interest... I was not disappointed." Lindon smiled, praying she would accept.

Even better, Maria kissed him passionately, and in one quick, graceful move she was up and half-way undressed.
"You owe me, Lindon, and you're going to pay me back for years of heartache. You're going to pay me back right now. Into the bedroom!"

Lindon didn't need to be told twice.