#201 Posted by AmazingAngel (4044 posts) - - Show Bio
#202 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio
#203 Posted by AmazingAngel (4044 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_liberty: Here' my favourite one though.

Oh.....I can't find it.

#204 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

Z always made me actually want to write a post. I'd read hers and think 'damn, I can't wait to think up a response to that'

Writers like LL, Arashikage, and (even though I've never actually written with him), Armistice always make me want to step my game up. They string together sentence with the right amount of depth yet the least waste of words

#206 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

Risky

Gambler

Mercy

#207 Edited by Armistice (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit said:

Z always made me actually want to write a post. I'd read hers and think 'damn, I can't wait to think up a response to that'

Writers like LL, Arashikage, and (even though I've never actually written with him), Armistice always make me want to step my game up. They string together sentence with the right amount of depth yet the least waste of words

Finally, I knew one day being years out of practice would be considered a "style" :)

#208 Edited by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

Risky

Gambler

Mercy

Yo chick she so thirsty

@surkit said:

Finally, I knew one day being years out of practice would be considered a "style" :)

haha you sell yourself short man

#209 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (3840 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: What? You only confused me with that statement... I have no idea what you are saying.

#210 Edited by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: What? You only confused me with that statement... I have no idea what you are saying.

Lyrics

#211 Posted by Armistice (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit:

I used to write and RPG a lot more often and my game was a hell of a lot better than it is today. A 3 year break with nothing but sporadic work since does not bring out your best.

My most recent works (especially the RPG's with Mercy) are petty good, but just about everything else I have done on here is IMO, drivel in hindsight.

As always the recognition is appreciated.

#212 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: From an RPG standpoint I remember your Prime guy, and I enjoyed reading your posts at that time. Writing styles had really stagnated at that point and yours were structurally different; capable of expressing complex concepts clearly and illustrating who your character was.

Same with Armistice in the nU, you wrote your posts using a different structure. It suited your character well and opened up more diverse styles of writing.

#213 Posted by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: I disagree but every writers his own worst critic so I doubt I could tell you different

#214 Posted by Armistice (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: From an RPG standpoint I remember your Prime guy, and I enjoyed reading your posts at that time. Writing styles had really stagnated at that point and yours were structurally different; capable of expressing complex concepts clearly and illustrating who your character was.

Same with Armistice in the nU, you wrote your posts using a different structure. It suited your character well and opened up more diverse styles of writing.

The broad strokes and overall structure are sound, but the fine detailing is still forced and lacks luster. I still gloss over too many aspects due to being used to a conversational instead of a long post style.

For starters

@surkit said:

@armistice: I disagree but every writers his own worst critic so I doubt I could tell you different

I am a very hard critic on others (SHOCKER!), but I am twice as bad on myself. The worst part is knowing you can do better because you still have the past works that show it and yet still fail to even match, much less exceed it years later.

Nothing I really beat myself up about, but to say it does not need work would be BS'ing myself.

#215 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: To be honest? I think skipping all the stage direction keeps your posts from being bogged down in minutia.

#216 Posted by Armistice (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: To be honest? I think skipping all the stage direction keeps your posts from being bogged down in minutia.

I agree some people lay it on too thick, but I tend to still leave things unsaid that cause questions when a simple added descriptive sentence could have done the job. Clean is good, but sparse, not so much.

#217 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Its good to have diversity in styles, some thick in detail, some sparse, simply because I get bored reading the same stuff all day :-P

#218 Posted by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Gambler
  • Sha
  • Duchess
  • LL
  • Risky
  • Surkit
  • Impero
  • Dad
  • Obi
  • Esther
#219 Posted by Armistice (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:
  • Gambler
  • Sha
  • Duchess
  • LL
  • Risky
  • Surkit
  • Impero
  • Dad
  • Obi
  • Esther

Grrrrrrrrrr......

#220 Edited by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit:

I used to write and RPG a lot more often and my game was a hell of a lot better than it is today. A 3 year break with nothing but sporadic work since does not bring out your best.

My most recent works (especially the RPG's with Mercy) are petty good, but just about everything else I have done on here is IMO, drivel in hindsight.

As always the recognition is appreciated.

It'll definitely take time, but it's like riding a bike. You start remembering tricks and styles you forgot as you go and learn new ones, most of the time better than the old ones.

Course

@mercy_ said:
  • Gambler
  • Sha
  • Duchess
  • LL
  • Risky
  • Surkit
  • Impero
  • Dad
  • Obi
  • Esther

#221 Edited by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: :D tis true

The Patrick GIFs kill me.

Also points for using a cat.

#222 Posted by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Aww haha I'd say the same but it's been too long :P

Might not after you go into T T's lol

That's hands down my favorite movie for 2012

#223 Edited by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit: I still haven't seen it >__>

#224 Posted by Clara Mass (7749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just a potato

#225 Posted by Surkit (11107 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by Clara Mass (7749 posts) - - Show Bio
#227 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

All the active rpgers motivate. Even if I've never rp'd with you directly I can almost guarantee I've read at least one of your posts and gotten hyped from it. Sounds cheesy but its fact lol

#228 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Sincere Gambler is a special sight.

#229 Edited by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

(lol cracks me up people forever call me gambler no matter the account)

#230 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1884 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Edited by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez: You mean start using the account or change the name back? I already changed the name back if thats what you're referring to.

#232 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1884 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by superstay (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

All of you

d^_^b

#234 Posted by Tranquil (3346 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurrent- When Ice Dragons wouldn't let you join without votes and Zero Squad had no idea who I was Kurrent was the first person to give me a spot on his team. And in those days, you couldn't do any real rpging without a team. Something about his style of hero and the way he wrote always spurred me to try and up my game.

Arashikage- Every time I battle him my writing skills literally grow. By the end of the fight I feel like I've progressed more as a writer in a day then I have in three months. He has a knack for making me want to add a lil extra to every sentence I write.

I got more but I gtg right now. Finish up later.

#235 Posted by Pyrogram (34966 posts) - - Show Bio
#236 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (7304 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly the people who give me feedback, or i write with occasionally a critique of something i have written.

#237 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

@tranquil said:

Kurrent- When Ice Dragons wouldn't let you join without votes and Zero Squad had no idea who I was Kurrent was the first person to give me a spot on his team. And in those days, you couldn't do any real rpging without a team. Something about his style of hero and the way he wrote always spurred me to try and up my game.

Arashikage- Every time I battle him my writing skills literally grow. By the end of the fight I feel like I've progressed more as a writer in a day then I have in three months. He has a knack for making me want to add a lil extra to every sentence I write.

I got more but I gtg right now. Finish up later.

Thanks dude!

#238 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

@kurrent: Thats all it takes to get you back here? You're like Candyman.

#239 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

All the people I've rpged with every time I read your guy's posts I feel I gotta step up my game.

#240 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

@ TLA- HAHAHA

#241 Posted by Crimson Eagle (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Just everyone around me. I know I can write up to the level of great writers on the vine, I just have to really push myself.