What was the best RPG/s You were ever apart of and why?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Basic above.

If you feel it was a specific user that made it bettersay what it was they did that made the RPG better. 'Their just great' and 'love everything they write' is bullsh!t lol

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Wolf_Spider_

Loner's nightclub was honestly more enjoyable than most large RPGs. Back then random interaction happened all the time. I don't care about the quality or novelty of writing. If I did, I'd go read a book. I care about fun.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By superstay

@_animus_:

I think my KoV match with LastPyde because it was the funnest.

d^_^b d_2_b d^_^b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_wolf_spider_: I can agree with that, thats one factor thats mission now. But I'm asking about RPG's for a referance.

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Well, I suppose one of my favorite standalone RPGs was Light Wars, Waaaaay back. Was a noob then, but still a Lantern fanboy. Maybe I'm biased, but I enjoyed reading it. Didn't post a lot though- me being a newb. Too bad that can't happen again, what with the CVnU's laws.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Again, it may of been because I was a biased Lantern fanboy. On to what made it unique, it put everyone on a level where EVERYONE could participate. I saw many, many flavors the CV writing in that RPG.

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it was the LoS Vs. JLI RPG we did back in Prime. The diversity and the amount of characters that was in that was crazy. There was a great build up to the RPG as well. There were a couple of subplots in the RPG too, it wasn't just a villains against heroes thing, I remember Brynhyld trying to use her magic to coerce LL into joining up with the JLI, it was pretty tight.

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andres_knightfall: I wished I had stayed throughout the entirety of the RPG, instead of going off to play Pokemon or yell at the power company or whatever made me get off the computer. I remember about to get into it with Impero and Libs before I procrastinated out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bogeyman

@_animus_: No doubt, no doubt.

@_wolf_spider_: Yeah I remember that, if I remember correctly, when we were facing off, you used Liu Kang's kicks against me hehe, that was nice.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it was the LoS Vs. JLI RPG we did back in Prime. The diversity and the amount of characters that was in that was crazy. There was a great build up to the RPG as well. There were a couple of subplots in the RPG too, it wasn't just a villains against heroes thing, I remember Brynhyld trying to use her magic to coerce LL into joining up with the JLI, it was pretty tight.

DUPE CREEEEEEED!

O_Din

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By O_Din

For me it was the Conference.

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why's that

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_wolf_spider_: LOL its all good. To this day I haven't seen anyone else try to use that move like you did :P

@andres_knightfall said:

DUPE CREEEEEEED!

Good times son, good times.

O_Din

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_ said:

@valkerie_ said:

Why's that

It was classic Villain vs Hero.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Still mad that I wasn't around for that era.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_ said:

@valkerie_ said:

Why's that

It was classic Villain vs Hero.

Your saying you liked it because you knew you were on one side or the other, clean cut right?

_Wolf_Spider_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andres_knightfall: Probably because it's incredibly hard to do and incredibly ineffective... unless your Spider-Man.

Looked that RPG up, and it hit me- my posts in that RPG were probably the best I've ever written.

O_Din

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Yes, there was also a long string of cannon that went into that rpg; (I believe it was during the Lebeau-Cotalliard Era) Babs and G were the biggest and BEST villains on the site at that time. The ZS, Mobb Deep, LOVE , ICE were all teams that failed against that faction. (I may be wrong about ICE though)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valkerie_: So your sayin what made it the best was

• Build up
  • diversity
  • clear moral line
O_Din

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for the topic at hand. (In no particular order.)

Andferne vs Gambler: What happens in Vegas. Why? It was the ending of a chapter for me, and after that rpg wise nothing was ever the same.

The old G.I. Joe rpg we did. It was laid back and fun.

Every ICE rpg we put together. Why? Because it was never about who was the toughest, best, etc. It was a group of like minded individuals getting together to tell a story. From the first rpg where we put the team together, to the second where Darkchild turned back into his evil self. To reality hoping to save a doomed Earth from LstPaladin's time, and even space fairing escapades to resolve Paragon's love life (lol). Best times I ever had on the Vine.

My battles with Nighthunter that are too numerous to list. Why? Because he was one of the few who kept surprising me as his writing evolved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alurvelve: That's the kind of input I was lookin for. Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: There are more I can name.

Loner's was a location thread named. Another location thread that was great for a time with interaction was the Nine Lives Cafe.

@valkerie_ said:

(I may be wrong about ICE though)

This part would be correct. ICE never tangled with them when they were the power couple of the Vine.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My best rpg has to be Olympus. It sprouted a multitude of storylines and I attained a network of good friends as well as dope writers. As far as I remember everyone sold one another as best as they possibly could. Charmix and Clara Mass working together, Alceus and his crew falling prey to their mischevious mechanisms, and truth be told it felt like an actual story. It had build up, character, everything in my opinion. A heroic couple (Alceus/Angeni) plagued by a selfish woman who only desired power and recognition through shameful deeds. It would have ended with the death of Clara, but Angeni went and left -___- Overhaul that's my shining moment. That's the rpg I'll be proud of the most. A group of people, not considered the A List, put together a nicely crafted story in our own little corner and did some amaze ball stuff. That was a summer I evolved as a writer. I embraced the villain role, happily learned from others, and had a good time logging on to see what was happening in my absence. I could go into more detail, but that's enough niceness for today =P

@andres_knightfall: @angeni: @madame_blossom: and Victor Grey (wherever he may be).

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite RPs was one "Tonight We Die Like Heroes!" It was Closure's idea to have a parallel world overlap prime with our counterparts entering our world. This was a great RP because you could make a "What If" version of your character and you got to see different versions of other characters. It was also great because you had the option of fusing both characters and creating a bigger 'what if' character.

Now a question looms, what if we had finished the RP? Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_eagle: That sounds like mad fun, too bad the rules stop that. Unless it was noncanon.

@closure: Can I get a link?

@alurvelve: That second one I never heard of. We do need more threads like that though,laid back interactions.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crimson Eagle

@_animus_: It was actually pre-nU. When we could do what we wanted in Prime (within reason of course).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite RPG was probably the destruction of Liberty. Not only is it the most significant rp I have done, it is also an rp where my actions made a big difference. I hope to be a part of or make similar threads in the future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre said:

My favourite RPG was probably the destruction of Liberty. Not only is it the most significant rp I have done, it is also an rp where my actions made a big difference. I hope to be a part of or make similar threads in the future.

So you liked it because your own actions made an impact, got it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@_animus_: We all enjoy that though, don't we? Why would you enjoy something you feel you had made no impact in, or got no notice for? Pyre done top notch posts in that RP, he made impact for a reason, but that's a personal reason why an event is good. Not so much the event in itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It happens. Sometimes there's too much going on for everybody to do something worth remembering.

LastPyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animus

It was not just because I had made an impact. It was one of my earlier RP's, in fact it was the first open RPG that was on a scale this big. Which is a big thing if you are new. Imagine that in your first rp you destroyed the Empire State Building. You would remember it for a while for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lastpyre: true. I see your point, the impact was mutual.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andres_knightfall said:

No doubt Eddy vs dupe creed was great fun from my end.

Though i did really enjoy the the first major rp i was in. It was about rescuing a pregnant Dark Huntress from Gambler and whatever team he had at the time. The COP's all went in i just remember somebody saying they liked that i pulvaized some guy with a sewer cap lid.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1