• 136 results
Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Surkit

Poll What U would You Choose? (71 votes)

Vine Prime (original) 46%
Vine New (Current) 54%

I've seen people talking about prime since it crashed. Let's see what the actual consensus is and either build it back or lay it to rest and keep making New U moves. If you came into read this come on, one click won't kill you.

When you vote it's optional but encouraged to put down why you made your choice

• 
Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe it's because people who like the "Prime" but not the "New" voted, and they're there, but not doing anything because they prefer the "prime."

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Surkit

My point, (not even sure when I strted advocatin Prime :P) , is it looks like CV could use a new spin. I'm not saying bring it back for the p0eople who want their canon, or the ones who don't like Nu. I'm saying it's different...just ride the wave and stop being stubborn., Why not try it

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Auralaria
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By Mercy_

@surkit: Me, stubborn? That doesn't sound like me at all.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@surkit said:

Why not try it

Thats pretty much what even the stubborn people have said to be honest. If you (not you specifically) want to play, revamp, rebuild, tweak, etc, Prime, all you have to do is write. Get those who want in together and do something. The 40% who would rather rp in the Prime U should start by posting in a thread and getting some interaction going.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Surkit

@mercy_ said:

@surkit said:

@mercy_: Not really though, for the fact that was then and this is now. Then, people were fighting the Nu and losing their Prime canon, now it's been done , it happened, it's over. All you'd have to do now is sticky a thread listing what major events went down and passed,. Reading that you'd think "You still need ti ask permission"

Thing is, not if we call the time period a sort of golden age and make the rebooted prime a silver age, where both Prime originals can exist as well as a lot of room to leave behind the old character you used and bring over an nU ones or even make a new one but within prime canon. Guys like @pyrogram could see the reboot experience with fresh eyes because he wasnt around for the first one, might get more creativity from it.

Sure you would. If you're rebooting a universe, your choices would either be to A. Change canon around, thus effecting people's characters without their permission or B. create a new universe, which is exactly why CVnU was created - to avoid that. You would absolutely need everybody on board. You think the hate was bad for the people behind the creation and support of CVnU? This is us doing something that doesn't even effect others' canon. Try changing their canon around and see what the reaction you get is.

There's no crossover allowed between CVnU and Vine Prime, it's stated in the CVnU rules. Aside from that, I don't see what the difference is between 'golden age' and 'silver age' and 'pre-reboot' and 'post reboot'. You are talking about the time before and the time after, right? It's still changing canon and thus changing characters.

It's a cool idea, don't get me wrong and it seems that what you're aiming for is a soft reboot - change some things, but not everything. I see a couple problems with that, including the problems pointed out above.

My whole point is...who would get offended? The ones that probably don't RP here anymore, or the ones that accepted those characters canon not existing anymore :P

I dooz wut I wuntz.

Golden Age: Any milestone RP's done in the old prime that effected the future of the prime itself in a way that wasn't considered undermining or godmodding

Silver age: All that sh!t was ten years ago lol With ten years of passing time being sold early on and guys who were around for some events like me, (Only a few but enough) could sell those events as canon at the beginning, setting the base to build from until the point where their basically irrelevent because the U will have grow to the point of being it's own separate U from the original prime because of natural story growth. Ja feel?

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Surkit

@surkit said:

Why not try it

Thats pretty much what even the stubborn people have said to be honest. If you (not you specifically) want to play, revamp, rebuild, tweak, etc, Prime, all you have to do is write. Get those who want in together and do something. The 40% who would rather rp in the Prime U should start by posting in a thread and getting some interaction going.

No doubt. gotta sway mercy first though :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit said:

@mercy_ said:

@surkit said:

@mercy_: Not really though, for the fact that was then and this is now. Then, people were fighting the Nu and losing their Prime canon, now it's been done , it happened, it's over. All you'd have to do now is sticky a thread listing what major events went down and passed,. Reading that you'd think "You still need ti ask permission"

Thing is, not if we call the time period a sort of golden age and make the rebooted prime a silver age, where both Prime originals can exist as well as a lot of room to leave behind the old character you used and bring over an nU ones or even make a new one but within prime canon. Guys like @pyrogram could see the reboot experience with fresh eyes because he wasnt around for the first one, might get more creativity from it.

Sure you would. If you're rebooting a universe, your choices would either be to A. Change canon around, thus effecting people's characters without their permission or B. create a new universe, which is exactly why CVnU was created - to avoid that. You would absolutely need everybody on board. You think the hate was bad for the people behind the creation and support of CVnU? This is us doing something that doesn't even effect others' canon. Try changing their canon around and see what the reaction you get is.

There's no crossover allowed between CVnU and Vine Prime, it's stated in the CVnU rules. Aside from that, I don't see what the difference is between 'golden age' and 'silver age' and 'pre-reboot' and 'post reboot'. You are talking about the time before and the time after, right? It's still changing canon and thus changing characters.

It's a cool idea, don't get me wrong and it seems that what you're aiming for is a soft reboot - change some things, but not everything. I see a couple problems with that, including the problems pointed out above.

My whole point is...who would get offended? The ones that probably don't RP here anymore, or the ones that accepted those characters canon not existing anymore :P

I dooz wut I wuntz.

Golden Age: Any milestone RP's done in the old prime that effected the future of the prime itself in a way that wasn't considered undermining or godmodding

Silver age: All that sh!t was ten years ago lol With ten years of passing time being sold early on and guys who were around for some events like me, (Only a few but enough) could sell those events as canon at the beginning, setting the base to build from until the point where their basically irrelevent because the U will have grow to the point of being it's own separate U from the original prime because of natural story growth. Ja feel?

I'm really just arguing the basis at this point. It's not a matter of who would get offended, it's a matter of who has the right to alter canon like that? What precedent does that set? Who signs off to give the okay? If you could get the approval and find a way to make this idea work for the majority, or if there are no large naysayers, then by all means. But if you're making radical changes to a pre-existing universe, there has to be an overall vote of confidence in it or else it simply isn't going to work.

I want to make it clear - I'm not against this idea. Anything that can breathe life into something that's so dead isn't a bad thing and good on you for taking the initiative. But if you're going to do it, it has to be watertight.

I get it now lol. And I kind of like it.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit: Is the "no av" thing on purpose? Its strangely fashionable lol

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Me, of course.

Jokes aside. It would strictly be cut, no paste. The majority would vote democratic style over what stays and what goes. tbh in the future when it goes down I would like your help because your basically like a sexier Uatu but if you wouldn't I'd get it. Only thing I'd really need ar epeople with enough knowledge and experience with the Old U to make it happen and get the full perspective of what was a good event and what was a bad one. It'll all come down to majority rule.

No doubt. I'm not talking about blatantly disrespecting anything, if someone takes it as an offense, they just need to talk to me. I'm known for being flexible and theres always a way to make it work.

Thanks.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@surkit: Is the "no av" thing on purpose? Its strangely fashionable lol

lol yeah. I couldn't find one I liked, ended up liking no av better than any of em

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mercy_
_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By _Xander_Slade_
Avatar image for _the_poorest_serpent_
_The_Poorest_Serpent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to get into a single RPG since I got back. Tried the threads, tried making threads. This place is stagnant, just as stagnant as prime. I'd even argue more so because of the fact a bunch of writers, good ones, have jumped ship; including the individual who made such a rant to get nU created.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh oh.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to get into a single RPG since I got back. Tried the threads, tried making threads. This place is stagnant, just as stagnant as prime. I'd even argue more so because of the fact a bunch of writers, good ones, have jumped ship; including the individual who made such a rant to get nU created.

To some degree...I agree. Things have gotten...I wouldn't say stagnant, I'd say less active, less momentum. They haven't come to a stop.

The rest, I disagree with. I don't know what it is that isn't working for you, but I've seen lots of motion and stuff in the past couple weeks after the Venezuela incident.

Sha...Sha is who you're talking about, I'm assuming. And aside from her and Nova and Surkit (to a degree), who else has 'jumped ship' (as opposed to simply going inactive due to whatever reason).

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Its a Punk alt. Doesnt matter if it were Prime or CVnU he'd be having some sort of crisis.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Arquitenens

@mercy_: Its a Punk alt. Doesnt matter if it were Prime or CVnU he'd be having some sort of crisis.

Thoughtit.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

43 votes?....okay I'm calling bullsh!t :p

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Arquitenens

No way in Hell.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Lux_Invictus

I voted, but only because without the cvnu I probably wouldn't have even bothered to write here.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By _Xander_Slade_
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75  Edited By Pyrogram

Someone is using an Alt army xD

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the vote poll even matter really?

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Urban_Ronin
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mercy_
_Harper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By _Harper_

Why?? D:

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By _Psy_

@quintus_knightfall: Look, I'm an emotional person. I know this, it's who I am. It's the way good ol' nature made me. It's in my genes. I know I get out of control, I know I can seem like a whiney b!tch, because most of the time I am. But I'm still entitled to an honest opinion just like anyone else.

@mercy_:

Isn't that the definition of stagnant? Because Prime was the same level of activity, more or less, when Liberty started using the word stagnant.

I was talking about Liberty, though I may of just been adding to my initial argument. She said she was "retired" or something in a post and I assumed. When I said "jump ship" I didn't mean ditched the site, I meant stopped RPGing here. Zombie, Shadowknight (to a degree), I haven't seen FALLENprophet do anything in a while, Angeni, and last but defiantly not least Longshot. If these guys have all gotten themselves some new alts while I was gone, ignore this, but from what I remember they had stopped. Maybe it wasn't because of the nU, but it doesn't make the argument any different.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_punk_: When she said retired, she meant the character Lady Liberty. Not as in gone from RPG. It's also (in my mind) the way you said "hissy-fit" that's more problematic.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Okay, then I'll retract that statement. My wrong.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Urban_Ronin

@_punk_: You are entitled, but if you redirected some of that emotional energy towards promoting the rpgs and universe you like instead of taking passive aggressive shots at the one you dont, you may facilitate the type of change you want.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mercy_

@_punk_ said:

@quintus_knightfall: Look, I'm an emotional person. I know this, it's who I am. It's the way good ol' nature made me. It's in my genes. I know I get out of control, I know I can seem like a whiney b!tch, because most of the time I am. But I'm still entitled to an honest opinion just like anyone else.

@mercy_:

Isn't that the definition of stagnant? Because Prime was the same level of activity, more or less, when Liberty started using the word stagnant.

I was talking about Liberty, though I may of just been adding to my initial argument. She said she was "retired" or something in a post and I assumed. When I said "jump ship" I didn't mean ditched the site, I meant stopped RPGing here. Zombie, Shadowknight (to a degree), I haven't seen FALLENprophet do anything in a while, Angeni, and last but defiantly not least Longshot. If these guys have all gotten themselves some new alts while I was gone, ignore this, but from what I remember they had stopped. Maybe it wasn't because of the nU, but it doesn't make the argument any different.

I think there's a whole lot more to stagnation than just a temporary dwindling of activity, but that's another conversation.

But how many of those left BECAUSE Vine Prime pretty much died? You can't attribute one to another just because they happened around the same time, y'know (and I'm not saying that you necessarily were, just throwing it out there)? Zombie had stopped RPGing before the switch, Longshot's real life got busy. Angeni definitely had gripes with the CVnU, but is also in high school and busy. The others I can't speak for, but I know that SK's had a pretty busy personal life going on lately, judging by OOC posts.

The only way it would make a difference in your argument is if you were insinuating that they left because of CVnU, in which case it makes a HUGE difference. I'm not entirely sure what your argument is, tbh. That CVnU is as stagnant as Vine Prime had gotten because some good writers left? If so, I disagree entirely. Writers jump ship all the time. Good writers jump ship all the time. It doesn't mean that things are destined to go belly up and it doesn't mean that they're never going to come back.

And Lady Liberty has been around and active.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By _Xander_Slade_
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Mercy_
_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HERE'S AN IDEA, IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT PRIME, POST IN IT. IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT CVnU POST IN IT. "PROBLEM" SOLVED.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

I wasn't insinuating they left for that reason; my argument was that the current lack of energy was potentially worse than Prime's due to the fact that now the vine has significantly less writers and little to no new members coming in; Gambler's jokes about the poll's number of voters encourage the fact that there are significantly less writers. That was secondary to the main argument that the nU was a good bit stagnant at the moment.

Westlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By _Grifter_

Are people still seriously fighting about this? It's actually very simple. As Gambler and Fallenprophet and others have pointed out, if you want prime post in it. If you want CVnU then post in it. If you wanna do both then do it. Just stop griping about it and do it. Now, I know I shouldn't be talking cuz honestly I really, really don't contribute to the RPG section. And I'm one of the world's worst when it comes to committing to anything rpg related, posting, and throwing ideas out to the community. In truth you should blame this....stagnation on RPGrs like me. But back to the point that's been made several times over already. If you want Prime back then start posting. If your happy with CVnU then keep at it. If your not happy with both then make your own sandbox.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bloop

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now say it with me guys... Thread Locking Fights! Thread locking fights! Punk vs Mercy

Tank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can (in some cases) vote with different accounts. Not sure how many people are aware of that, but it's always been on the case on the Vine.

_Xander_Slade_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of you need to calm your tits or get out.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

we have 56 rpers?

hell yeah

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. No we do not.

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Totally voted for prime. Not interested in CVNU.

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even retired I find this thread hilarious

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Theres nothing in NU that couldn't be in prime also.