Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By -Eclipse-
@Constantine said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
" According to Con, I was inspired by Harry Potter! :P "
when did I say that? xP  well Con was inspired by HP as well so it ain't too bad "
There was another thread similar to this where you pointed out a great many similarities between Eclipse and Harry Potter (chosen one, dead parents, similar 'ultimate destiny', even the same hair!) which made me realize I was probably subconsciously inspired by Harry :P 

It makes sense, since the HP books were among the first proper books I ever read, lol 

Anyway, as for the topic, I'm sure I've mentioned this before but Eclipse's powers came to me in a Physics lesson. I was bored and my boring teacher was talking about the fundamental forces of nature. As I was bored, all I could think about was how cool those forces would be as superpowers... xD
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Constantine
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Constantine said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
" According to Con, I was inspired by Harry Potter! :P "
when did I say that? xP  well Con was inspired by HP as well so it ain't too bad "
There was another thread similar to this where you pointed out a great many similarities between Eclipse and Harry Potter (chosen one, dead parents, similar 'ultimate destiny', even the same hair!) which made me realize I was probably subconsciously inspired by Harry :P  It makes sense, since the HP books were among the first proper books I ever read, lol  Anyway, as for the topic, I'm sure I've mentioned this before but Eclipse's powers came to me in a Physics lesson. I was bored and my boring teacher was talking about the fundamental forces of nature. As I was bored, all I could think about was how cool those forces would be as superpowers... xD "
I thought that was what you were talking about
Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Chameleone

2 words. Cryo-Wolf
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By Nighthunter

I choose a character I love, pick the core of the character and sumarise it into a single sentence. 

Ex: 

Batman-The ultimate human 
Nick Fury-The world's outlawed cop 
Doctor Fate-The most powerful magical being 
Aquaman-The protector of the sea 
Martian Manhunter-The man whose life was stolen infront of him  

Then I transform that core and create my own mythology around that character

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#105  Edited By talon_x23

Well it was pretty simple Talon/X23 started out as an alternative version of X-23 all the things I wanted to happen to the comic character X-23 I wrote about in blogs I posted ages ago. (Like after I joined) I didn;t know about rpging back then so she remained so. It was only in my first RPG The Storm that I realized I wanted to do more than a average version of X-23 so them I gave her Gemini built a stronger foundation on her past (Her coming from a different reality) and expanded her personality along with giving her, her own feral desires and weaknesses. It was then I started watching several amine series (Too many to count) and I got Ideas of it, Bleach etc so yeah, I took several Ideas from some fantastical books I wrote and obviously The Lord of the Rings, and yeah compiled all these different things into one and made Talon, though I ensured that she woudl always have conflict I think I got that from the X men evolution episode where X made her first camo in media where it showed how she could never find a place to belong, and she would always be hunted, Giving that a constant part in my characters life she got the personality that she woudl always be in conflict between being constantly hunted and never being able to settle down or else endangering the lives of those she cares about so yeah never ending paradox on her part.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#106  Edited By Mercy_

I took inspiration from River Tam, X-23, Hope Summers with a little bit of Meredith Grey thrown in. 

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By thegreatfour

Jason Vorheeves. I was watching Freddy versus Jason and thinking "Hey. He would be an awesome hero" and then I just went crazy off of that. There was also a little bit of ghost rider in there too.

BlazeEmblem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By BlazeEmblem
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Storm Shadow
  • Iron Fist
  • Mortal Kombat
Charge up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By Charge up

Well .....I was watching the Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes since I'm a fan of the family and I really loved Invisible Woman, so I just decided to take on the look and use her powers. :)

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
Donnie 
  • John Constantine
  • Superman (Believe it or not)
  • Castiel
  • Spawn
  • Star Wars
Avatar image for victorianvigilante
VictorianVigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V.V. started as a Victorian version of Batman.  But I wanted to add other elements, especially since Gotham by Gaslight has already been done.  Then I heard the song, "Victorian Vigilante" by Abney Park and that helped fill the blanks of my concept.  He speaks to the dead to track down killers.  But he's more of a Punisher types since he's not above using leathal force.
Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Vitality

Vitality was most definitely inspired by Superman. 

When first created (in City of Heroes)...he had all the powers...heat vision and psuedo-frost breath. 

However, once I became attached to the character...I changed him to not be Superman.  
Took away the heat vision and "frost breath". 
Left him with superhuman strength, durability, speed, stamina, reflexes and flight. 

He became my own character...and I've been "fleshing" him out ever since.
Queen_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Queen_Cobra

Queen Cobra was inspired by the Batman villainesses, especially Poison Ivy. 
I was a little inspired by the classic film noir femme fatale.

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van Helsing Mostly.I gave a ring simply because I didn't want to be overpowered too easily.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Paragon

Paragon - Initially a combination of Wolverine and Nightcrawler, with a dash of myself, but ended up evolving into a more Flash-like character with a hint of Green Lantern and Captain Mal for fun, since I love those characters.
Tempest - She was in initial original idea I had for Paragon, but I put the powers on the girlfriend instead only to later discover it was a rip-off of Aspen Matthews.
Brooke - Totally ripped off Iris West. Haha. 
Tobias Leitner - Vampire with a bit of a twist. Almost like a bizarro Paragon.
Lady Winter - Wanted it to be a long drawn out story that I never got around to writing about how she was Paragon's partner, but suffered from amnesia and becomes a villain. It sort of played out in the end of Lost Dragons RPG, but not to the degree I pictured it. Kind of an Emma Frost-type.
Whitehawk - I really wanted a street level character, and had been watching the JLU cartoons, and loved how Black Canary was done, so I ripped her off. Haha.
Vengeance II - Winter Soldier-type who would be like Paragon, but without the powers. The jealous twin.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Precise

Precise - Was watching Troy and I loved Achilles his arrogant personality and pride. Powerwise he was much like Pete Wisdom and from there on he evolved. 
Dupe - Wanted something fun and lighthearted so i pretty much copied Madrox with a little of me.
Aiden Cross - Much like Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly with some of me in there.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Paragon
@Precise said:
"Aiden Cross - Much like Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly with some of me in there. "
The Captain is so great. Haha.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Precise
@Paragon: Got that right, Nathan Fillion is my favourite actor in any of his roles lol.
Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Paragon
@Precise: Yup. The only reason I watch Castle. Well, him, and the Firefly references. And The girl who's name I forget...
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Precise
@Paragon: lol same here. I loved it when he put on his Malcolm Reynolds costume for halloween in the show xP

Edit: This one!

power surge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By power surge

the idea behind power surge came from a thought. what would i look like if I was human-dragon hybrid there you go
mantoidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By mantoidx

Aspen and my love of the ocean.

mantoidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By mantoidx
@power surge said:
" the idea behind power surge came from a thought. what would i look like if I was human-dragon hybrid there you go "
Wouldn't it have to come from thought, unless it was a direct copy?
power surge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By power surge

it did come my mind i love dragons and aliens so i just fused them together with myself
Jay_August

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Jay_August

Uh... me? Tehehehe... ;)

thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By thegreatfour
@Portrait: Uh Good Country People?
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By thegreatfour
@Portrait: Damn you Google!
Jay_August

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Jay_August
@Portrait: Would it be in Everything that Rises Must Converge? That's the only collection I've read. :P
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By thegreatfour
@Portrait: *Gasp*! Google I'm sorry!!!
Jay_August

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Jay_August
@Portrait: @thegreatfour: Hahahahaha.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Portrait said:
" @thegreatfour: That's right, apologize to Google. IT DID NOTHING WRONG, IT ONLY WANTED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY! "
....................."Google doesn't find Chuck Norris,Chuck Norris find YOU."
Queen_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Queen_Cobra

Queen Cobra was the result of watching Batman the Animated Series... I wanted to make my own villain to destroy Batman!!! And she had a team, and a series of tunnels throughout the city called "snake holes" which the team could sneak through and/or spy on people. 

I also made a character named Grey Wolf who became a thief because he was inspired by Catwoman. He developed an obsession with her. They had a brief relationship, but she eventually betrayed him... Awww... :(

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@Queen_Cobra said:
" Queen Cobra was the result of watching Batman the Animated Series... I wanted to make my own villain to destroy Batman!!! And she had a team, and a series of tunnels throughout the city called "snake holes" which the team could sneak through and/or spy on people. "
That's kinda cool :P
Queen_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Queen_Cobra
@Donnieman v5.1: Really? Cool. :P Glad something comes from watching cartoons as an adult...
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@Queen_Cobra: Haha x)
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Lost_Rellik

Nothing really inspired my character. Its just somebody I can escape into and be somebody else for a change. I can be somebody id rather be instead of Marshall Strowbridge. I guess their are elements of certain character I like in my character like Kraven, but they certainly didnt inspire the creation of him.
*Infinity*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By *Infinity*

Superman and myself and bits and pieces of a few others like Spiderman.
queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#143  Edited By queenfrost_

Well I signed up using this name just to show my love for Emma Frost, then when I went to DaggerKlutz for training he assumed i'd based it on RPG and so we settled on ice based powers. From there, I tried to make my character the Emma Frost of the Vine ;)

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By The Psyentist
@queenfrost_: And then I beat you up because *I* want to be Emma Frost of the Vine!!
ScornXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ScornXY

I'm not really sure what inspired Scorn. He started out as this severely strange reptilian person, scales on his arms and legs, bone spines coming out of his back, more prominent claws. He was very technologically savvy, a weapon's master, and a great fighter. He was originally evil.

I wanted to incorporate him into my universe by having something to do with the Psyentist. I tried having them in a romantic relationship, but it just felt weird. Those two would NEVER date. But I did like their dynamic together. So, I made them siblings, which was still a bit confusing, but it worked alright.

As Alexandra become more evil in my mind, Scorn became more good. He's technically a neutral. And he thinks he's a total bad@$$. And he isn't really. I decided to make his technological side more intuitive and holistic, so he's less refined, but still very effective. I gave up on trying to speak German, a language he originally spoke a lot in his early development, and I gave up on him being a freaking awesome fighter and have him mostly rely on his agility and healing factor.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#146  Edited By queenfrost_
@The Psyentist: Oh please. Become a mega B*tch first and we'll see... ;)
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Clutch

Clutch- In basketball,when your good and can make the shots when most needed your called Clutch. This character and name to me embodies being there when needed and making big moves to win the big game. Its the fighting spirit.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By The Psyentist
@queenfrost_: Hm... dominatrix, Monolith of Lust, vampire. I'm Dr. Alexandra B*tch Steele! (Seriously, I've even been a werewolf. DEFINITION of B*tch... hehehe...)
ScornXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ScornXY
@Clutch: Clever. I like it.

Mine's just:
 scorn |skôrn|
noun
the feeling or belief that someone or something is worthless or despicable; contempt : I do not wish to become the object of scorn | [in sing. ] a general scorn for human life.
verb [ trans. ]
feel or express contempt or derision for : he accused America of scorning the Arab nation. See note at despise .
• reject (something) in a contemptuous way : opponents scorned Noriega's offer to negotiate.
• [ intrans. ] refuse to do something because one is too proud : at her lowest ebb, she would have scorned to stoop to such tactics.
Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Clutch
@Scorn; Thanks.