• 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Lawful good-The Lawful Good alignment can be thought of as the goodest of the good guys. Utopias tend to be comprised entirely of good, honest Lawful Good citizens. A Lawful Good character believes in Truth, Justice, and the [Nationality] Way, but may believe in them a little too much. A lawful good character often hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Differing interpretations of 'good' may lead a Lawful Good character to become Lawful Stupid. In most RPGs, it is compulsory for Paladins to be Lawful Good. If they stop being Lawful Good, they lose their powers. Written well, a Lawful Good character can be incredibly interesting, and occasionally face some very difficult decisions. What's really right? Shall I do the Lawful thing, or do the Good thing? Obey the letter of the law, or save the innocents? Characters who are Lawful Good but avoid becoming Lawful Stupid often end up being deliberately contrasted with one or more Lawful Stupid characters to show precisely what Lawful Good ought to mean (in the eyes of the authors). Alternatively, too much weight on the "Law" side and too little on the "Good" can easily inspire a Knight Templar, though those tend to be Lawful Neutral. This leads to unceasing debates over whether these people are playing the alignment "right", or whether they should belong to one of the other lawful alignments. Seriously, just check out any given Dungeons And Dragons forum. We're not kidding about "unceasing". Lawful good can be the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. Lawful good can be a dangerous alignment because it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Neutral Good-The Character Alignment of sweetness and light. A Neutral Good character will usually comply with laws they agree with, but rebel against those they consider unjust or which conflict with the greater good. Neutral good can be the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. Neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable. A Neutral Good character is not too caught up in Order Versus Chaos; they are concerned with moral goodness, but often not willing to enforce it in others. If The Messiah isn't Lawful Good or Chaotic Good, they're probably Neutral Good (Dark Messiahs are another matter). A Neutral Good character is sometimes a Friend To All Living Things and/or a Technical Pacifist, but they don't necessarily have to be either. Just think "basically nice person" and you've probably got it. If they do decide to take up arms, they may have a particular affinity with kneecap and other non-lethal shots. Neutral Good states may be really nice places to live, but depending on how idealistic the setting is, they may be deluding themselves.

Chaotic Good-Chaotic Good characters are rebels and free spirits who believe in doing good, together with a fierce sense of individualism and belief in personal responsibility. Some don't have a problem with greater systems such as laws as long as they leave them alone; others are anarchists who believe that too much order is bad for everybody, and the betterment of all can only be achieved by actively rejecting any higher instances of power. Occasionally, you get a character who doesn't care for the law, but is not above exploiting it for their own gains, such as a Technical Pacifist vigilante who sees to it that a Serial Killer is arrested and put in jail to prevent any more deaths. One of the most common usage of this trope is the Chaotic Good freedom fighter(s) battling the Lawful Evil Empire. A Chaotic Good character will do good out of a personal motivation to help others, but will in no way claim it to be his "duty" or "obligation" (unless they're a part of a do-gooder cult that simply isn't so keen on local law). "Helping others to help themselves" is essentially Chaotic Good credo.  

Lawful Neutral-Lawful Neutral characters believe in order above all else. This might be a moral code, or an extremely structured way of life, or obedience to an external ideal such as a code of laws. They will always seek to obey and preserve such a law, even if they themselves admit the law in question is a bad one. While a Lawful Good character may justify breaking his principles by appealing to the greater good or a cosmic Justice that transcends all things, a Lawful Neutral character rarely will since the greater good does not enter intro it. Some do, however; monks, for example, tend to be Lawful Neutral and believe in such a Cosmic Order. Lawful Neutral characters aren't bad characters, they may simply have no wish to actively help other people like a Lawful Good person would. Alternately, they consider good and evil to be entirely subjective, and homogeneous treatment of others to be the only true form of fairness. The border between Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil is usually lined with whether or not the character is willing to treat other people as tools as a means to uphold order. 

True Neutral-True Neutral (also known as Neutral Neutral) is the Character Alignment that takes no side. There are several ways this can manifest: 1. They just don't care about anything, including their own hygiene or reputation or moral values. The stereotype stoner character who doesn't hate anyone enough to want to hurt them. 2. They don't care about the conflict between Good versus Evil and Order versus Chaos. The Neutrals have their own ideals, concerns, goals and needs that are different from either side of the fence, so to speak. These kind will be very committed to the Prime Directive (but not too committed...) This may be explicit in the declaration that they are Above Good And Evil. 3. Similarly, animals in Dungeons And Dragons are not credited with the ability to make moral or ethical distinctions. Since their existence is amoral and they have no way of changing this, all animals are True Neutral. Often called "Neutral Hungry" if they'll leave you alone if you leave them alone (and aren't tasty). 4. They are committed to the philosophical or cosmic principle of Neutrality or Balance itself, and they actively seek to preserve the Balance Between Good And Evil. They only intervene in conflict to prevent the underdog from being wiped out - should their allies gain the upper hand, the True Neutral will probably switch sides from the point of view of his friends; in his eyes, he is keeping true to his own convictions. This can manifest as Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. 5. A variant of the True Neutral mindset is a character so completely amoral that he acts more like a force of nature than a person. His actions may seem cruel or random, as he can be kind and helpful and then vindictive the next moment, or worse, acts in a manner that he considers kind but is horrifically amoral from the point of view of a human. Many fairies from folklore, i.e. The Wild Hunt, fall into this category, as does the Stranger in Mark Twain's tale "The Mysterious Stranger". 6. Often, a character will want to do what's right, but due to their various personal flaws will end up doing as much harm as good. 7. These types could also be seen as Fence Riding Bastards. People who just can't make a tough (possibly morally gray) decision. So they try to avoid getting put into that uncomfortable position. Could also be both friend and or Ally to both protagonist and antagonist. 8. Characters with a very low intelligence will be True Neutral pr. default. They are simply to stupid to figure out the consequences of thier actions, and are utterly unable to put any planning, motives or logic behind them. Any good or evil they might inflict are therefore completely unintentional. A True Neutral character or organization is usually introduced as a Wild Card, neither aligned with the Hero or the Big Bad. They may become friend, foe, or neither (and may even switch sides), depending on how their goals align (or conflict) with the Hero's. Muggles and Punch Clock Villains are often the "don't care" variety of True Neutral. In RPGs, Druids are generally of the True Neutral alignment, siding with the animals and the forest. (That's only neutral if you do not consider the animal world and nature elementals a side of their own, as the game designers apparently did.) Essentially, a True Neutral is somebody whose solution to any dilemma is 'what would a bear do?'. (The problem is, a bear, being an animal, does not think as such, and has no viewpoint.) Such a character can slide easily into amorality or tribal thinking. Oddly, Bears themselves are Chaotic Evil, while WEREbears are Lawful Good. When dealing with the examples of specific characters, remember that assigning an alignment to a character who doesn't come with one is pretty subjective. If you've got a problem with a character being listed here, it probably belongs on the discussion page. 

Chaotic Neutral-Chaotic Neutral characters do whatever the hell they like and damn the consequences. Some say they're the ultimate free spirits, others that they're just crazy. Either way, there's no telling what they'll decide to do next - their main, and often only, concern is freedom. Whose side are they on? It's doubted they even know themselves. Nobody else does. Chaotic Neutrals detest the self righteous, beleive in power to the individual, and notably power to themselves. Also useful in any story that involves something that isn't damnably black and white in the outcomes. The Chaotic Neutral character is sometimes a good character with a wild streak that lands them in trouble, and sometimes just an amoral nutjob. Occasionally, if a character runs the entire gamut of alignments with their actions (inevitably failing at Good), they can be classed as Chaotic Neutral on average. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. Chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment because it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society, but not always! In fact, they can also be apathetic to the whole issue. Or maybe they wish to improve society in a more logical context than that which actually helps the innocent. Or perhaps they wish to exploit what exists in the societal net worth itself, but they aren't amoral enough to go all the way. A chaotic neutral character might even practice law as a career, enforcing their own beliefs on the system and exploiting it with more liberty than anyone of the lawful axis seeks to. In Tabletop Games, Chaotic Neutral is often times the choice players who want to do bad things when the GM forbid playing evil characters, and perhaps break up the party and kill P Cs for the hell of it (or maybe simply because there character's complex personality demands it). It's also the favorite alignment of The Loonie (though in his hands it might end up descending into Chaotic Stupid territory). 

Lawful Evil-Lawful Evil comes in two flavours. The first is an evil villain who either believes in keeping order at all costs, or that it's much easier to become ruler of the world by exploiting the existing system than by tearing it down and starting anew. If the villain is supreme ruler of their realm, then they are probably either Lawful Evil or The Caligula. This is the canonical alignment of devils in Dungeons And Dragons. Lawful evil can be the most dangerous alignment because it represents methodical, intentional, and frequently successful evil. The second type is a baddie with a code of honour that prevents them from doing truly heinous things. The second type tends to either perform a Heel Face Turn or suffer death by redemption. These tend to be reliable allies in an Enemy Mine situation where alignments would fizzle out. A variety are evil characters who don't care if what they do is "heinous" or "horrible", but who will always follow certain rules. Such characters are, for example: A gangster who would kill anyone who crosses him—except, say, kids, and never forget a favour he owes; or a psycho who hunts people for fun but always gives a fair warning: or a villain whose word is absolutely binding; or any kind of evil character that might deliver a Hannibal Lecture that borders on Mind Rape but Will Not Tell A Lie. Or a character who does, without flinching, anything their master orders them to do, anything, because their one rule is absolute obedience.
Still, turning hero is the farthest thing from any of these characters' minds. An Obstructive Bureaucrat may be Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil, depending on how much they enjoy what they do. A Lawful Evil bureaucrat will take perverse pleasure in strangling the heroes with red tape and burying them in as much paperwork as possible, while a Lawful Neutral version will simply insist that everything has to be done by the book.

Neutral Evil-Sometimes known as the "Asshole Alignment" or "True Evil". Neutral Evil characters are primarily in it for themselves, and will follow or disregard laws only as much as doing so advances their own interests. While they are usually villains, they can also swing to the good guy's side, like the Magnificent Bastard they really are. They may also just happen to be on the Good Guy's Team because it's better for them at the moment. Neutral evil can be the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation. Why are they so bad? It could be that Evil Tastes Good or maybe Evil Feels Good. Could be that they've given in to The Dark Side. They could be part of the Religion Of Evil. They could just be, you know, sociopaths (Heroic Sociopaths included). Or it could be for no readily apparent reason. Or it could just be because they're a real asshole of a bastard who enjoys a job where they get to inflict pain. Whatever it is, these characters are essentially the embodiment of malice - if they get a Start Of Darkness, expect it to make you like them less. In Dungeons And Dragons, characters who are selfish above all else are Neutral Evil by default. There is some debate as to what differentiates Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil, as both have been described as "do anything without alignment shift" alignments. The difference generally lies in that a Neutral Evil character is more consistently selfish, while a Chaotic Neutral character can vary more drastically depending on mood. It's unlikely a Neutral Evil character would ever set out to help stray kittens unless they were given to petting them already, but a Chaotic Neutral person might decide out of nowhere that kittens are adorable and need saving, at least until his next idea came along. Expect any Neutral Evil state to be Mordor, and a Neutral Evil city the Wretched Hive. Neutral Evil characters are likely to be Unfettered.

Chaotic Evil-If Chaotic Neutral indicates the truly free spirit, Chaotic Evil is the truly evil free spirit. They do whatever they feel like doing, and what they feel like doing is evil. Nowadays, too much emphasis is often put on the Chaotic. It's not hard to see this slip into Chaotic Stupid, resulting in an insane character who does evil things for the sheer hell of it, without the slightest consideration of the consequences for himself. A Neutral Evil character will slaughter a village if it gets in his way, without the slightest remorse. But a Chaotic Evil character will slaughter a village just because he feels like it, and probably enjoys it at the same time. Neutral Evil will cover his tracks for the good of his evil plan. Chaotic Evil will only cover his tracks if he feels like it, plan or no plan. Chaotic Evil characters might intentionally help the heroes save the world by doing terribly evil things. Being Chaotic Evil does not mean one can not be Crazy Prepared, or have a complicated Xanatos Gambit plan leading to completion of a plan that kills people for no reason. Chaotic Evil characters are incredibly self-centered and evil, but can get along with good guys by being eerily charming at times. They are often crazy, but they don't have to be. Only Chaotic Stupid characters will trek a thousand kilometers to slaughter a random village for no reason. Chaotic Evil's goals may well make no sense to anybody but himself, but he does have goals. He may "want to watch the world burn", or prove that he's the best, or the most feared, or get the most attention. Chaotic Evil rarely wants to rule anything though - that's way too much responsibility. The Religion Of Evil is more likely to be Chaotic Evil than Neutral Evil. Not to be confused with Always Chaotic Evil, which is about entire races falling under any Bad Guy alignment.

Taken from this site. 

All of my characters are Lawful Evil.

#2 Posted by Kado (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaotic Neutral

#3 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Lawful Stupid - "How dare you break the traffic laws! Taste steel, fiend!"
Also known as Lawful Anal or 'Awful Good, these people often call themselves Lawful Good, but seem to completely forget about the "Good" part. Rather, they lean toward such rigid adherence to the law that anybody who breaks any law, anywhere, is the enemy. Even saying an unkind word to someone is an act of utter evil, and the Lawful Stupid can and will act as judge, jury, and executioner. They refuse to hide from even overwhelming threats, and believe that letting evil win in any sort of way (by, say, helping the village to retreat from the advancing dark army) is against their alignment. Woe be to the fellow party member who fails to live up to their almost obsessive-compulsive standards. If the thief so much as jaywalks, Mr. Lawful Stupid will insist on turning him in to the "proper authorities" (regardless of what alignment said authorities actually are), or perhaps even execute him on the spot. Then he'll berate the other members of his party for "condoning" the thief's behavior, and may turn on them as well. This makes this guy highly irritating, to the point where despite usually calling themselves Lawful Good, they look a lot like Lawful Evil. Or maybe Chaotic Neutral - For newbie D Ms, the best solution is usually a blunt force object applied to the head of the offending character. In tabletop roleplaying games, it's apparently such a common behavior for paladins (see Leeroy Jenkins) that it seems this is what everyone expects paladins to do these days. When one person attempted to play a "rather quiet, unassuming sort" of paladin, they ended up losing their character sheet because all the other players expected them to do stupid things. In fact, it's so common that the Dungeons And Dragons Sourcebook Book of Exalted Deeds spends a good number of pages explaining how to be Lawful Good without being a total dimwit. The creators themselves got sick of it. Lawful Stupid characters often also hold very reactionary attitudes, such as that women should Stay In The Kitchen - Although this is of course based on conservative values and again not all Lawful characters need be conservative old goons.

Stupid Good
- "Stop picking on those poor, defenseless hellspawn!"
The Messiah taken to its illogical extreme, this type of character stands in contrast to the smite-happy Lawful Stupid. The Stupid Good character is a friend to all living things, unliving things, Always Chaotic Evil things, and so forth. In short, the type who would Save The Villain no matter how many dogs he kicked. This often extends to such utter pacifism that they refuse to kill or attack anything. They'll attempt to talk down the enemy even as they're charging with swords drawn, howling for their heads. This is the kind of person who would, against all logic, attempt to convince the devil himself that his evil crusade is wrong and that he and his good counterpart should resolve their differences with a kind word and a handshake. And then gets angry when the logical result happens and the Stupid Good moron ends up as a red stain on the wall. The other players often see this kind of character as a nuisance, as well, especially if they just want to crack some heads and she won't let them because she doesn't want to make orphans of the 'cute little baby orcs'. Of course, given the pacifistic nature of Stupid Good, this often amounts to little more than finger-wagging and threatening to cry. These other players should beware though, for occasionally the Stupid Good character is pushed too far and descends into Lawful Stupid mode, calling the party 'evil' for wanting to steal treasure from the 'nice monsters'. This is, of course, not the way to play a paladin either. They do get those weapon proficiencies and smiting powers for a reason, after all. Suffice to say, though, there are a few settings where this kind of play actually works. Of course, such settings also tend to be so idealistic they crap rainbows and/or home to a blatant Mary Sue. If becoming good results in Stupid Good, see Good Is Dumb or Dumb Is Good. The Book Of Exalted Deeds didn't provide so much advice for these players (indeed, they left a paladin to choose between "destroying evil and honouring love" when said love was between two Always Chaotic Evil succubi), but they did indicate a good character could ask "How big is that dragon, and does it have any friends?" with an eye towards knowing if they stand a chance at all. Guess Wizards of the Coast thought it was more important to avoid being Miko Miyazaki than it was to avoid being Piffany.

Stupid Evil
- "KILL! MAIM! BURN!"
The logical extreme of the Obviously Evil motif. These are the people who seem to think having an evil alignment means doing nothing but evil every waking moment, even out in broad daylight. Like, say, stabbing a peasant for no reason other than you were bored. If the other party members are lucky, this sociopathic behavior will extend solely to the NPCs. If the other party members are lucky. The Stupid Evil character is frequently the type who will betray and murder his teammates on the flimsiest of pretenses (even if he'd gain no advantage in doing so), simply because it's EEEEEEVIL. Oh, and they get angry when they have to suffer consequences for their actions, like guards and bounty hunters after them. It's All About Me. If a Stupid Evil person has a choice between accepting a reward for accidentally finding a dog or killing the reward giver they'll choose killing. (Somehow figuring out how to do both usually requires systematic patience and intelligence that isn't part of being Stupid, although if there's no real benefit to doing so, or that effort could be better spent doing something else, can still fall under this category.) Similarly, the D&D sourcebook Book of Vile Darkness spent a good while detailing how to run an evil character without being a mass-murdering lunatic; but it does give tips for that, too, since even cartoon supervillainy has its place. Sadly, if a Computer RPG offers an "evil" path, it's usually Stupid Evil, and it involves committing completely random acts of violence just to get those precious Karma Meter points. Only relatively recently did they start adding options for players who want to play sneaky evil characters, with opportunities to manipulate other characters into doing your bidding, or even pulling a Xanatos Gambit.

Chaotic Stupid
- "I drop my trousers and whiz on the king!"
There is a subtle distinction between Stupid Evil and Chaotic Stupid. Sure, the Chaotic Stupid character is also likely to Kick The Dog. But he's just as likely to Pet The Dog, Shave The Dog, Paint The Dog Purple, or even Ignore The Dog Entirely To Run Off Chasing Butterflies. In short, the 'true' Chaotic Stupid character is the one who thinks that being Chaotic Neutral means being batshit insane. And by "insane", we mean more Looney Tunes than Hannibal Lecter. This guy is willing to prove his madness at any time he feels it needs proving, which is all the time. Expect all sorts of "wacky hijinx" from talking in Word Salad to annoying important NPCs with stupid jokes (as well as the other players). While a little comic relief can be refreshing once in a while, the Chaotic Stupid character takes it to a level which threatens to turn the entire game into a farce, or even gets the other party members killed. Suffice to say, the Chaotic Stupid should never be let within ten feet of any sort of magic, especially the type that can be exploded in the middle of the party for multiple d6s of damage. He's also at a risk of suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, but it might not be lethal to whoever he betrayed, since he's as likely to kill them or pull down their pants. Often overlaps with The Loonie, a player archetype from the famed Munchkin Files. Needless to say, several player's handbooks have attempted to disabuse clueless players of the notion that chaos is a blank check to loosen their screws. Though the Second Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons guide described Chaotic Neutral as the alignment of "lunatics and madmen", even this was not intended to be Chaotic Stupid. A similiar guide once said of the Chaotic Neutral alignment, "Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it." Some people just didn't get the memo, though.

Stupid Neutral
- "Good, they're both dead. The Balance has been preserved."
Some True Neutral people are devoted to the Balance Between Good And Evil - They fight only because the forces of darkness grow too strong. The problem comes when they become ''militantly'' neutral; so devoted to not taking sides that they lash out against both Good and Evil without distinguishing between friend or foe. This usually takes the form of always siding with the underdog; the moment one side gains the upper hand, they'll pull a Face Heel Turn to make sure both sides are 'equal'. This can lead to a very unreliable fellow and a Wild Card whose misguided morals lead his former allies to cut him down despite his protests that he was only following his heart. Stupid Neutral people tend to think of morality as balancing a metaphysical checkbook; any evil deed can be 'cancelled out' by committing an equally good deed. No remorse or atonement is needed; to these people, there is no Moral Event Horizon past which their actions cannot be forgiven by good works (or evil works, as the case may be). In short, these people are the types who will build an orphanage and then 'balance it out' by burning down the orphanage across the street. This pattern of kicking the dog and then stopping to pet it immediately afterwards just results in a very neurotic dog... and a very confused audience. This type of 'stupid neutral' may occur in Video Games with a Karma Meter that offers no middle ground between 'cackling villain' and 'absolute saint'. So the 'neutral' route, if it even exists, ends up consisting of doing enough good and evil deeds (with no regards to common sense or reason) to balance the meter in the middle. For more on Lawful Stupid and Chaotic Stupid, check out the LJ post by The Ferrett in which he introduced the terms. However, note that his definition of Chaotic Stupid is closer to our usage of Stupid Evil.

Unfortunately my characters are stupid evil at the moment.
#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"
Lawful Stupid - "How dare you break the traffic laws! Taste steel, fiend!"
Also known as Lawful Anal or 'Awful Good, these people often call themselves Lawful Good, but seem to completely forget about the "Good" part. Rather, they lean toward such rigid adherence to the law that anybody who breaks any law, anywhere, is the enemy. Even saying an unkind word to someone is an act of utter evil, and the Lawful Stupid can and will act as judge, jury, and executioner. They refuse to hide from even overwhelming threats, and believe that letting evil win in any sort of way (by, say, helping the village to retreat from the advancing dark army) is against their alignment. Woe be to the fellow party member who fails to live up to their almost obsessive-compulsive standards. If the thief so much as jaywalks, Mr. Lawful Stupid will insist on turning him in to the "proper authorities" (regardless of what alignment said authorities actually are), or perhaps even execute him on the spot. Then he'll berate the other members of his party for "condoning" the thief's behavior, and may turn on them as well. This makes this guy highly irritating, to the point where despite usually calling themselves Lawful Good, they look a lot like Lawful Evil. Or maybe Chaotic Neutral - For newbie D Ms, the best solution is usually a blunt force object applied to the head of the offending character. In tabletop roleplaying games, it's apparently such a common behavior for paladins (see Leeroy Jenkins) that it seems this is what everyone expects paladins to do these days. When one person attempted to play a "rather quiet, unassuming sort" of paladin, they ended up losing their character sheet because all the other players expected them to do stupid things. In fact, it's so common that the Dungeons And Dragons Sourcebook Book of Exalted Deeds spends a good number of pages explaining how to be Lawful Good without being a total dimwit. The creators themselves got sick of it. Lawful Stupid characters often also hold very reactionary attitudes, such as that women should Stay In The Kitchen - Although this is of course based on conservative values and again not all Lawful characters need be conservative old goons.

Stupid Good
- "Stop picking on those poor, defenseless hellspawn!"
The Messiah taken to its illogical extreme, this type of character stands in contrast to the smite-happy Lawful Stupid. The Stupid Good character is a friend to all living things, unliving things, Always Chaotic Evil things, and so forth. In short, the type who would Save The Villain no matter how many dogs he kicked. This often extends to such utter pacifism that they refuse to kill or attack anything. They'll attempt to talk down the enemy even as they're charging with swords drawn, howling for their heads. This is the kind of person who would, against all logic, attempt to convince the devil himself that his evil crusade is wrong and that he and his good counterpart should resolve their differences with a kind word and a handshake. And then gets angry when the logical result happens and the Stupid Good moron ends up as a red stain on the wall. The other players often see this kind of character as a nuisance, as well, especially if they just want to crack some heads and she won't let them because she doesn't want to make orphans of the 'cute little baby orcs'. Of course, given the pacifistic nature of Stupid Good, this often amounts to little more than finger-wagging and threatening to cry. These other players should beware though, for occasionally the Stupid Good character is pushed too far and descends into Lawful Stupid mode, calling the party 'evil' for wanting to steal treasure from the 'nice monsters'. This is, of course, not the way to play a paladin either. They do get those weapon proficiencies and smiting powers for a reason, after all. Suffice to say, though, there are a few settings where this kind of play actually works. Of course, such settings also tend to be so idealistic they crap rainbows and/or home to a blatant Mary Sue. If becoming good results in Stupid Good, see Good Is Dumb or Dumb Is Good. The Book Of Exalted Deeds didn't provide so much advice for these players (indeed, they left a paladin to choose between "destroying evil and honouring love" when said love was between two Always Chaotic Evil succubi), but they did indicate a good character could ask "How big is that dragon, and does it have any friends?" with an eye towards knowing if they stand a chance at all. Guess Wizards of the Coast thought it was more important to avoid being Miko Miyazaki than it was to avoid being Piffany.

Stupid Evil
- "KILL! MAIM! BURN!"
The logical extreme of the Obviously Evil motif. These are the people who seem to think having an evil alignment means doing nothing but evil every waking moment, even out in broad daylight. Like, say, stabbing a peasant for no reason other than you were bored. If the other party members are lucky, this sociopathic behavior will extend solely to the NPCs. If the other party members are lucky. The Stupid Evil character is frequently the type who will betray and murder his teammates on the flimsiest of pretenses (even if he'd gain no advantage in doing so), simply because it's EEEEEEVIL. Oh, and they get angry when they have to suffer consequences for their actions, like guards and bounty hunters after them. It's All About Me. If a Stupid Evil person has a choice between accepting a reward for accidentally finding a dog or killing the reward giver they'll choose killing. (Somehow figuring out how to do both usually requires systematic patience and intelligence that isn't part of being Stupid, although if there's no real benefit to doing so, or that effort could be better spent doing something else, can still fall under this category.) Similarly, the D&D sourcebook Book of Vile Darkness spent a good while detailing how to run an evil character without being a mass-murdering lunatic; but it does give tips for that, too, since even cartoon supervillainy has its place. Sadly, if a Computer RPG offers an "evil" path, it's usually Stupid Evil, and it involves committing completely random acts of violence just to get those precious Karma Meter points. Only relatively recently did they start adding options for players who want to play sneaky evil characters, with opportunities to manipulate other characters into doing your bidding, or even pulling a Xanatos Gambit.

Chaotic Stupid
- "I drop my trousers and whiz on the king!"
There is a subtle distinction between Stupid Evil and Chaotic Stupid. Sure, the Chaotic Stupid character is also likely to Kick The Dog. But he's just as likely to Pet The Dog, Shave The Dog, Paint The Dog Purple, or even Ignore The Dog Entirely To Run Off Chasing Butterflies. In short, the 'true' Chaotic Stupid character is the one who thinks that being Chaotic Neutral means being batshit insane. And by "insane", we mean more Looney Tunes than Hannibal Lecter. This guy is willing to prove his madness at any time he feels it needs proving, which is all the time. Expect all sorts of "wacky hijinx" from talking in Word Salad to annoying important NPCs with stupid jokes (as well as the other players). While a little comic relief can be refreshing once in a while, the Chaotic Stupid character takes it to a level which threatens to turn the entire game into a farce, or even gets the other party members killed. Suffice to say, the Chaotic Stupid should never be let within ten feet of any sort of magic, especially the type that can be exploded in the middle of the party for multiple d6s of damage. He's also at a risk of suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder, but it might not be lethal to whoever he betrayed, since he's as likely to kill them or pull down their pants. Often overlaps with The Loonie, a player archetype from the famed Munchkin Files. Needless to say, several player's handbooks have attempted to disabuse clueless players of the notion that chaos is a blank check to loosen their screws. Though the Second Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons guide described Chaotic Neutral as the alignment of "lunatics and madmen", even this was not intended to be Chaotic Stupid. A similiar guide once said of the Chaotic Neutral alignment, "Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it." Some people just didn't get the memo, though.

Stupid Neutral
- "Good, they're both dead. The Balance has been preserved."
Some True Neutral people are devoted to the Balance Between Good And Evil - They fight only because the forces of darkness grow too strong. The problem comes when they become ''militantly'' neutral; so devoted to not taking sides that they lash out against both Good and Evil without distinguishing between friend or foe. This usually takes the form of always siding with the underdog; the moment one side gains the upper hand, they'll pull a Face Heel Turn to make sure both sides are 'equal'. This can lead to a very unreliable fellow and a Wild Card whose misguided morals lead his former allies to cut him down despite his protests that he was only following his heart. Stupid Neutral people tend to think of morality as balancing a metaphysical checkbook; any evil deed can be 'cancelled out' by committing an equally good deed. No remorse or atonement is needed; to these people, there is no Moral Event Horizon past which their actions cannot be forgiven by good works (or evil works, as the case may be). In short, these people are the types who will build an orphanage and then 'balance it out' by burning down the orphanage across the street. This pattern of kicking the dog and then stopping to pet it immediately afterwards just results in a very neurotic dog... and a very confused audience. This type of 'stupid neutral' may occur in Video Games with a Karma Meter that offers no middle ground between 'cackling villain' and 'absolute saint'. So the 'neutral' route, if it even exists, ends up consisting of doing enough good and evil deeds (with no regards to common sense or reason) to balance the meter in the middle. For more on Lawful Stupid and Chaotic Stupid, check out the LJ post by The Ferrett in which he introduced the terms. However, note that his definition of Chaotic Stupid is closer to our usage of Stupid Evil. Unfortunately my characters are stupid evil at the moment."
These are the extremes, My Current character is Lawful Stupid Evil.
#5 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess i'm lawful good

#6 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I guess i'm lawful good"
O.k are you stupidly lawful and/or good, or are you safely away from the extremes?
#7 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

definitely chaotic evil

#8 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaotic Neutral

#9 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually Neutral Good

#10 Edited by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O I'm not really sure what I am

I think I might be neutral good.... O_O Or am I?

Mehh.. I'm too neutral to pick.... I'm not a true neutral since I shower, and although wherever I go too I leave a massacre, I actually believe more in good than evil..Still... I'll blow anyone's brains out if asked...Mehh, I don't know what am I....

#11 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"O_O I'm not really sure what I amI think I might be neutral good.... O_O Or am I? Mehh.. I'm too neutral to pick.... I'm not a true neutral since I shower, and although wherever I go too I leave a massacre, I actually believe more in good than evil..Still... I'll blow anyone's brains out if asked...Mehh, I don't know what am I.... "
Chaotic Neutral.
#12 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah you're right XD

THE CHAOS MERCENARY!!!!!!!!!! :D

#13 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I guess i'm lawful good"
I'd say you're chaotic good.
I think I'm neutral good.
#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
The Genesis said:
"Kurrent said:
"I guess i'm lawful good"
I'd say you're chaotic good.I think I'm neutral good. "
So are you stupid good, which is "Would cry if someone killed a virus" or are you safely away from that extreme?
#15 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"The Genesis said:
"Kurrent said:
"I guess i'm lawful good"
I'd say you're chaotic good.I think I'm neutral good. "
So are you stupid good, which is "Would cry if someone killed a virus" or are you safely away from that extreme? "
Away from that extreme, I'd of said if I was stupid good.
#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, always avoid someone who's lawful stupid, they'll kill you if you so much as rip the tag off a mattress.

#17 Posted by Clutch (2835 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Evil.
:]

#18 Edited by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Clutch said:
"Neutral Evil.:]"
Oooh that's a new one, first one to chose neutral evil.
#19 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Neutral Evil-Sometimes known as the "Asshole Alignment" or "True Evil". Neutral Evil characters are primarily in it for themselves, and will follow or disregard laws only as much as doing so advances their own interests. While they are usually villains, they can also swing to the good guy's side, like the Magnificent Bastard they really are. They may also just happen to be on the Good Guy's Team because it's better for them at the moment. Neutral evil can be the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation. Why are they so bad? It could be that Evil Tastes Good or maybe Evil Feels Good. Could be that they've given in to The Dark Side. They could be part of the Religion Of Evil. They could just be, you know, sociopaths (Heroic Sociopaths included). Or it could be for no readily apparent reason. Or it could just be because they're a real asshole of a bastard who enjoys a job where they get to inflict pain. Whatever it is, these characters are essentially the embodiment of malice - if they get a Start Of Darkness, expect it to make you like them less. In Dungeons And Dragons, characters who are selfish above all else are Neutral Evil by default. There is some debate as to what differentiates Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil, as both have been described as "do anything without alignment shift" alignments. The difference generally lies in that a Neutral Evil character is more consistently selfish, while a Chaotic Neutral character can vary more drastically depending on mood. It's unlikely a Neutral Evil character would ever set out to help stray kittens unless they were given to petting them already, but a Chaotic Neutral person might decide out of nowhere that kittens are adorable and need saving, at least until his next idea came along. Expect any Neutral Evil state to be Mordor, and a Neutral Evil city the Wretched Hive. Neutral Evil characters are likely to be Unfettered. "

#20 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Neutral Evil-Sometimes known as the "Asshole Alignment" or "True Evil". Neutral Evil characters are primarily in it for themselves, and will follow or disregard laws only as much as doing so advances their own interests. While they are usually villains, they can also swing to the good guy's side, like the Magnificent Bastard they really are. They may also just happen to be on the Good Guy's Team because it's better for them at the moment. Neutral evil can be the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation. Why are they so bad? It could be that Evil Tastes Good or maybe Evil Feels Good. Could be that they've given in to The Dark Side. They could be part of the Religion Of Evil. They could just be, you know, sociopaths (Heroic Sociopaths included). Or it could be for no readily apparent reason. Or it could just be because they're a real asshole of a bastard who enjoys a job where they get to inflict pain. Whatever it is, these characters are essentially the embodiment of malice - if they get a Start Of Darkness, expect it to make you like them less. In Dungeons And Dragons, characters who are selfish above all else are Neutral Evil by default. There is some debate as to what differentiates Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil, as both have been described as "do anything without alignment shift" alignments. The difference generally lies in that a Neutral Evil character is more consistently selfish, while a Chaotic Neutral character can vary more drastically depending on mood. It's unlikely a Neutral Evil character would ever set out to help stray kittens unless they were given to petting them already, but a Chaotic Neutral person might decide out of nowhere that kittens are adorable and need saving, at least until his next idea came along. Expect any Neutral Evil state to be Mordor, and a Neutral Evil city the Wretched Hive. Neutral Evil characters are likely to be Unfettered. "
"
I meant that no one really picked that one.
#21 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Neutral Evil-Sometimes known as the "Asshole Alignment" or "True Evil". Neutral Evil characters are primarily in it for themselves, and will follow or disregard laws only as much as doing so advances their own interests. While they are usually villains, they can also swing to the good guy's side, like the Magnificent Bastard they really are. They may also just happen to be on the Good Guy's Team because it's better for them at the moment. Neutral evil can be the most dangerous alignment because it represents pure evil without honor and without variation. Why are they so bad? It could be that Evil Tastes Good or maybe Evil Feels Good. Could be that they've given in to The Dark Side. They could be part of the Religion Of Evil. They could just be, you know, sociopaths (Heroic Sociopaths included). Or it could be for no readily apparent reason. Or it could just be because they're a real asshole of a bastard who enjoys a job where they get to inflict pain. Whatever it is, these characters are essentially the embodiment of malice - if they get a Start Of Darkness, expect it to make you like them less. In Dungeons And Dragons, characters who are selfish above all else are Neutral Evil by default. There is some debate as to what differentiates Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil, as both have been described as "do anything without alignment shift" alignments. The difference generally lies in that a Neutral Evil character is more consistently selfish, while a Chaotic Neutral character can vary more drastically depending on mood. It's unlikely a Neutral Evil character would ever set out to help stray kittens unless they were given to petting them already, but a Chaotic Neutral person might decide out of nowhere that kittens are adorable and need saving, at least until his next idea came along. Expect any Neutral Evil state to be Mordor, and a Neutral Evil city the Wretched Hive. Neutral Evil characters are likely to be Unfettered. "
"
I meant that no one really picked that one."
OK.
#22 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Every big bad villain to rule them all gets a species or two *or trillion* of always lawful/neutral/chaotic mooks to boss around.

#23 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Teh bump.

#24 Posted by Trauma (5889 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Evil

#25 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Trauma said:
"Neutral Evil"
Alright are you stupid evil or are you away from said extreme?  In other words has your character passed the morality event horizon where their actions have become so horrific that no sympathy can be felt for them?
#26 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't read everything, but I'd say I'm a neutral good ^^

#27 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Trauma said:
"Neutral Evil"
Alright are you stupid evil or are you away from said extreme?  In other words has your character passed the morality event horizon where their actions have become so horrific that no sympathy can be felt for them? "
Are you going to ask that to everyone?
#28 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Trauma said:
"Neutral Evil"
Alright are you stupid evil or are you away from said extreme?  In other words has your character passed the morality event horizon where their actions have become so horrific that no sympathy can be felt for them? "
Are you going to ask that to everyone?"
Pretty much.
#29 Posted by The Genesis (294 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Trauma said:
"Neutral Evil"
Alright are you stupid evil or are you away from said extreme?  In other words has your character passed the morality event horizon where their actions have become so horrific that no sympathy can be felt for them? "
Are you going to ask that to everyone?"
Pretty much."
I think they'll catch on after a while.
#30 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"The Genesis said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Trauma said:
"Neutral Evil"
Alright are you stupid evil or are you away from said extreme?  In other words has your character passed the morality event horizon where their actions have become so horrific that no sympathy can be felt for them? "
Are you going to ask that to everyone?"
Pretty much."
I think they'll catch on after a while."
What do you mean?
#31 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Akwa is Chaotic Neutral but leans towards Chaotic Good at his best moments and leans towards neutral Evil at his worst moments. He occasionally may go into a bout of Chaotic Stupidity but that is becoming less frequent.

#32 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good thing no lawful stupid people exist on the vine.  "You jaywalked!!!  DIE SPAWN OF THE HELLS!!!!" 

#33 Posted by Arcana (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Arcana is Chaotic Good.
Gloom is Chaotic Neutral.

#34 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral Good

#35 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

That's too much to read ....someone figure out what I am please!

#36 Posted by Sovereign Son (1901 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"That's too much to read ....someone figure out what I am please!"
Redneck Good 0_o
#37 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"It's a good thing no lawful stupid people exist on the vine.  "You jaywalked!!!  DIE SPAWN OF THE HELLS!!!!" "

HIIIILARIOUS
#38 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol

#39 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher
#40 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

More lawful stupid quotes. 

"By the gods, what kind of fiend wound tear the tag off this mattress!  I shall kill this vile creature and behead his kin without mercy!!!!" 
#41 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?
#42 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid Good quotes. 

"Don't hurt these innocent omnicidal maniacs or I'll cry!" 
#43 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures
#44 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found our first Stupid Good person. 
#45 Edited by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found our first Stupid Good person. "
  oh put a sock in it and have some respect for other people. its not like being a servant of these insanely powerful and evil deities from the lovecraft universe is so spectacular just get the hell off my back already I don't wanna hear it
#46 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Sovereign Son said:
"Hawk said:
"That's too much to read ....someone figure out what I am please!"
Redneck Good 0_o
"
LMAO!!!!
#47 Edited by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found our first Stupid Good person. "
  oh put a sock in it and have some respect for other people. its not like being a servant of these insanely powerful and evil deities from the lovecraft universe is so spectacular just get the hell off my back already I don't wanna hear it"

Actually this is the heirarchy of the omniverse from least to most powerful, exemplars are beings like the dreadnoughts, paragons are beings like Satan, Micheal the Archangel, The Incarnates are the embodyments of a concept, for example the Baernolar is the incarnate of evil itself, so in effect, it's evil given a shape and form, Neospawn are spawns of the incarnates..  Mortals<Immortals<Paragons<Gods<Exemplars<Neospawn<Incarnates<Great Old ones<Elder Gods<Outer Gods<Pandorym.
#48 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

There are exceptions to the heirarchy, for example the prodigal mastermind is the equal of a exemplar, and the scrin overlord is the equal of an incarnate.

#49 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found our first Stupid Good person. "
  oh put a sock in it and have some respect for other people. its not like being a servant of these insanely powerful and evil deities from the lovecraft universe is so spectacular just get the hell off my back already I don't wanna hear it"

Actually this is the heirarchy of the omniverse from least to most powerful, exemplars are beings like the dreadnoughts, paragons are beings like Satan, Micheal the Archangel, The Incarnates are the embodyments of a concept, for example the Baernolar is the incarnate of evil itself, so in effect, it's evil given a shape and form..  Mortals<Immortals<Paragons<Gods<Exemplars<Incarnates<Great Old ones<Elder Gods<Outer Gods<Pandorym."
thats not the point if your just gonna diss me or other people just cuz they stand on the side of righteousness then you might as well have made this thread for villains and neutrals only
#50 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"Rather ashamed to admit it but although I like to think of myself as pure neutral I am rather a Chaotic Good. lol"
so your basically like the punisher"
Don't think so, the Punisher leans towards Lawful Evil in my eyes. He does everything to get justice served. I do everything to get the good work done. A fine but important difference. What's your alignment Nahero?"
well the side of good of course and the kind thats semi virtuous yet can freely express himself like a real person and Im definitly not the type of person to kill anyone knowing that all life is sacred down to the smallest of creatures"
Ladies and Gentlemen, we found our first Stupid Good person. "
  oh put a sock in it and have some respect for other people. its not like being a servant of these insanely powerful and evil deities from the lovecraft universe is so spectacular just get the hell off my back already I don't wanna hear it"

Actually this is the heirarchy of the omniverse from least to most powerful, exemplars are beings like the dreadnoughts, paragons are beings like Satan, Micheal the Archangel, The Incarnates are the embodyments of a concept, for example the Baernolar is the incarnate of evil itself, so in effect, it's evil given a shape and form..  Mortals<Immortals<Paragons<Gods<Exemplars<Incarnates<Great Old ones<Elder Gods<Outer Gods<Pandorym."
thats not the point if your just gonna diss me or other people just cuz they stand on the side of righteousness then you might as well have made this thread for villains and neutrals only "
Righteousness involves fighting evil, being a hippy gets one nowhere.  If you want to get rid of evil and chaos, you'll have to actively try to destroy them, pasificism never works out.  Ever.