Welcome to the Jungle (Non-Canon Horror RP)

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Geth

"Good Morning. You are test subject PA-112198710191990772010813200412252007. You have been selected to participate in the testing of Project: Anubis. In your pod you will find basic forest survival gear and a gun. Take them both and exit your pod. Walk to the red smoke signal as the other test subjects have been instructed to do. There you will find food, water, and shelter. Good luck."

You had just woken up minutes ago. You don't know where you are or how you got here. You're strapped into a pod, just large enough to contain you and the supplies to your sides. The straps have released since your awakening. That message has been playing for hours. You've arrived at Project: Anubis. The pod door cracks open, and smoke escapes through the top. "Depressurizing. Please stand by."The pod makes a beeping noise from an unknown source, before it stops, taking the smoke with it. The pod door falls the rest of the way down, creating a small ramp for you to walk down on, over the mound of dirt that had formed around the base of the pod. You were airdropped from somewhere. Upon exiting, your ears are ringing. Your vision is blurred. As it clears up, you realize you're in a jungle. It's mid-day, birds are chirping, wind is blowing. Through the trees you can see a pillar of red smoke rising high into the sky. Before you can take another step, you notice something to your side. A dead body. It's not human.

No Caption Provided

It's been stripped of it's weapons, and appears to have been killed by a stab wound to the chest. It's covered in what appears to be it's own green, luminescent blood. It has burned onto it's chest, visible beyond the stab wound, "Anubis MkIV." On a tree near the dead alien, you find these words carved on to a tree. "If it bleeds, we can kill it." Something isn't right here. Lost in your confusion, you fail to notice a noise coming from the forest near you. You turn to see a skinned human body strung up to a tree. Who, or whatever did this, didn't appear to be here, but something had made that noise. Then you notice it. A shimmer. Like water, just hanging in the air, shapeless. An unmoving curtain in the shape of a humanoid. As you stare at it, it moves, away form you. Leaves part for the translucent creature as it makes its escape. Base camp would be a good place to be right now.

OOC

This is a non-canon location, so what happens here has no effect on the CVnU. Keep that in mind.

This is for Street Level characters and below, but given the non-canon nature, it is perfectly acceptable to nerf your character.

There is no escape. As far as you know, you're on an entire different planet, all jungle.

There is no civilization. The normal rules of society do not apply here. Survival is your ultimate goal. You will not have the luxury of food unless to find it. You will not have the luxury of shelter unless you take it. You can work with others or don't.

For the sake of the RP, you don't know anyone else. They are total strangers. It is your decision on how you react to them, and if you feel comfortable sharing supplies with them.

Every character starts according to the OP, with basic survival gear and a gun, about 5 miles away from the smoke signal. Said signal is leading to an abandoned military base, with limited rations and munitions still there.

Character deaths are both welcomed and encouraged. How many chances do you get to kill off your character with no repercussions? And besides, this is a horror RP, and what's horror without deaths?

This RP is open to anybody who wants to play. Alts are perfectly acceptable to use here along with other characters, as a way to keep playing even after a character death. Which there will be a lot of.

You are being hunted. Staying together exposes you to the hostility of your fellow man, splitting up exposes you to Anubis MkV, the Hunter. Anubis has superior technology to you.

Think of Anubis as a really bad RPer. As the sole villain of a horror anything, expect some no-hitting, auto-hitting, and other such things. Make it realistic as a horror story in a superhero's world. Don't worry, you can trust me to not be a dick about it, I wouldn't just kill off your character for sh*ts and giggles. Only to further the story, and with your consent.

Sell the confusion. You don't know why you're here, anyone else here, where you are, what's hunting you, or even that it is hunting you, or how many of them there are.

I will be stopping in occasionally to play the part of the Hunter. Make appearances. Changes. Alleviate the confusion periodically (for both the readers and characters, depending on how straightforward my post is).

Last, but not least, good luck. We'll be watching....

Avatar image for arthur_macgargan
Arthur_MacGargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arthur_MacGargan

>INB4 somehow manages to make a street-leveler whose primarily ability is all about survival

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jack_

There's a line people like me don't cross under any circumstances. We save lives, not take them. Killing is always wrong, even if we have to die to avoid doing so. We don't care about our own safety. We do what we do for other people's sake. Because we're the real heroes. Not vigilantes...heroes. But if we cross that line, we'll never come back.

A man stumbled from a smoking pod, wearing jeans and a ripped white shirt. His face, normally clean-shaven, was beginning to show bits of stubble, and his eyes darted around, checking his surroundings for any sign of his kidnappers. He realized he was holding a gun. He placed it in his back waistband, never intending to use it under any circumstance.

My name is Gregory Graham. I used to be the Telescopic Man. This is the story of how I crossed all the lines...

OOC: This sounds awesome, more people need to join. The Vine needs originality like this!

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Indigenous to this planet Creecher, awakes after seeing a crash in the distance, watching the new arrivals from a distance. Translucent and monitoring their habits, food, as well as sleeping patterns. Creecher was used to being coming to his planet and made a habit of collecting their skulls making weapons out of the bones from the rest of the body.

No Caption Provided

An cash of weapons designed from the bones of his victims. A toxin from local insects causing paralytic effects is a favorable weapon of choice, it's effects not to kill merely immobilize. Other melee weapons require close quarter combat.

staying int the tree tops he stalks, and waits.

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Placing bodies out to dry, for jungle insects to clear the flesh so he could collect the bones and skulls he captured them for. Creecher, hanging them far away from his actual stash location but keeping an eye from a vantage point at his prizes.

The bodies being booby trapped with blended in nature for the unaware to get a sharp surprise,, as if tampered would be releasing fallen trees on swings to collide in the center crushing the target.

Meanwhile polishing his collection admiring his trophies.

No Caption Provided

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Posting sometime in the near future)

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Forgive my terribly written bio, I haven't worked on it in years)

The hiss of the pod opening awakened Crimson. "...the f*ck?" Crimson groggily twisted in his metal shackles before they released him, causing him to collapse tot he ground. Wherever he was, he had been there for a while, as evidenced by this muscle atrophy. He stood and stretched, before becoming aware of his surroundings. He wasn't wearing his normal costume, and had none of his gear. Instead he wore military fatigues. Upon hearing the pre-recorded message in the pod, he slipped on his survival pack and holstered the pistol. He intended to use it.

Crimson stepped outside, finding himself on a grassy cliffside overlooking the jungle, the red smoke signal clearly visible. Upon seeing the dead creature near his pod, he attempted to loot it, before hearing a gunshot not far from him. He drew his weapon and primed it, rushing to the source of the sound. Another pod was close. After a few minutes of running, he reached the pod, to find a dead body. Killed himself with the pistol. "@mcjames? Seen this guy on TV. Damn lawyer. Found an easy way out." As Crimson turned away, he noticed motion behind him. He heard breathing from inside the pod. The gunshot wound was gone. McJames stood, wiping blood off of his suit. "Sh*t. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t!" McJames stomped around momentarily, pacing back and forth inside the pod, turning on his heel after every short step. He leaned, and pressed his forehead against the side of the pod. "What are you gawkin' at? I was supposed to rematerialize at my office..."

"And you're stuck here." Crimson turned away. Sitting on a nearby rock, speaking to McJames behind his back. "Was it that hard to figure out?" McJames sighed, picking up his pistol and tucking it into his waistband. Crimson stood, and pointed to the smoke signal. "See that, out there? Sounds like that's where the others are headed. It's where I'm headed. You can travel with me, or you can travel alone. Seems like you've got a damn convenient power."

Plan-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Cough.. cough ugh where wha... I.. i'm in a pod and why am i in prisoner pants" i nudged out till the door fell over i walked out thinking -Where the F*** am I- "IS ANYBODY THERE" i saw a multiple shimmers in the air "wha.." I started to freak out and ran as i saw the shimmers hod tree to tree after me it took a few minutes before they stopped chasing me. i got to a stopping point until a blade was next to my neck i grabbed it but t couldn't just take it off it was a wrist blade so i shoved the blade into his belly twice before he fell over. i grabbed a sharp but not sharp enough to fight and cut off the arm brutally with the small blade then toar his arm out of the blade and put it on my ar and started running some more

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crimson_vigilante: @plan-b:

No Caption Provided

Monitoring the borders of the Jungle arena, Hunters stand by to scare the prey back towards the game zone.

Creecher,secure in his canopy camouflage creeps across the jungle vines translucent and watching as new pods open releasing more potential trophies. The only thing he fears is the genetically engineered perfect prey which his people release into the jungle arena to test it's value as well as Creecher, for his own superiority and recognition of his peoples honor.

No Caption Provided

These carnivorous prey wander the jungle in seeking out flesh to consume while they lay eggs which hatch out a parasite which attacks while you slumber. It then enters your body feeding off you until it's matured then bursting through your chest as an infant species of the prey.

Creecher,keeps a sharp eye out especially for this prey along with the many others whom are trying to survive the game. One tactic that he likes to do is copying sounds he hears then using it as either a decoy or to flush out. "is anybody there? " one of his latest recordings. Using his visor, the bio-heat readings indicate that the humanoids are massing in the central location, this being a mistake that species all seemingly do primarily. This usually rectified by night fall as the nocturnal species begin their hunts.

Traversing the treetops Creecher heads towards the convergence to examine their defenses and possibly catch an easy target.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maverick_6

Perhaps take part in, using Pax.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: If I ever retcon Crimson back to normal, we're gonna have to do an interaction. Maybe with Armory.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: Why would he need to be retconned back to normal? Not like Elliot wouldn't interact with a cyborg.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This wasn't part of his contract. Getting taken from his trailer at night and put in this cheap prop? He was so calling McJames about this. Cade reached into his pocket. "Damn, no phone. F*cking costume." Cade wore olive drab cargo pants and vest, with black combat boots and stripes of jungle-camo paint on his face and arms. He was filming a movie, Hunter. But this jungle was real. It wasn't a set. Cade strapped the survival kit to his waist, and picked his sunglasses up off the ground. He even sleeps with a pair on. Cade took the gun, and upon exiting, firing it into the dirt by his feet. "Holy sh*t, this thing is loaded." This was real. The jungle, the gun, the pod, the broadcast. The smoke signal was there, too.

"Oh, f*ck me." A dead body near the pod. Not even human. Had some green stuff on it, maybe blood? "Anubis? F*ckin' Anubis? Anubis is my god damn movie villain!" Could this all just be an elaborate prank? Some kind of terrible joke? "C'mon, guys, am I getting Punk'd? Cameras! Where are you..." Cade's voice lowered as he noticed something through the trees, not far from him. Red. The leaves were rustling around the out-of-place color. He approached to find skinned bodies hanging from a tree. "Oh my god, guys. Where did you get these props?" They were so lifelike. Cade reached out and touched the head of one of them, only for a section of it to burst, spraying his lower arm with blood, pus, and liquefied brain matter as native larval insects burrowed out of the skull. "Uuugh! Nasty!" Cade recoiled back, contaminated hand over his chest. "W-what in the..." Cade was out of breath. He noticed the skull juice he had smeared on his chest and vest. "F*ck!"

This place wasn't good. Not at all. This was real, and this was horrible. He had to get to the smoke signal, the recording said the others would be going there. Cade worked well with others. And he really didn't want to be alone out here. Something skinned those bodies, and if that Anubis by his pod was the real deal, he had to move, and quick.

Killer_Rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Nasty!"

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be an AI.

Don't need food.

Don't need water.

See corpses.

Nope_nope_nope.exe

Grab pod lid, put back on pod, sleep mode reengaged.

(jk, I will probably post later, unless you think a robot would not be a good fit...)

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Encriptor

@ironphantom: something able to die, would be funner to play with in this setting, kinda an arena for mortal supremacy.

Else I would've jumped in with one of my many sentient beings. lol

Plan-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wearelegion: @geth: "Hey you!!" i waved my hand as i ran to the person i saw "you hey you" i ran faster to him

Gas_Mask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gas_Mask

Just hearing the crash woke me up (WHOA!? i gotta get out of this pod, crap im not in my armor, HEY!, i, i can survive, breathe real air, i thought i needed my armor........, hum my burns must of healed up" cutting me of from my rambling, the door opens with a loud slamming sound, i grab the gun to my right made fire with my pyrokenetics in my other , i will kill every hostile the awaits in this jungle.

XxHEROxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Breaking out of his pod, noticing his now in a jungle setting Hawkeye decides to open his prosthetic limb casing where he keeps Baby his Snipe rifle which compacts to fit snugly inside the false limb. A design of his own configuration Baby is whisper quiet but lethal at a 1000 ft, Baby being of a unique design able to replicate ammunition internally using a built in synthetic creator module.

Hawkeye, climbs the first tree and begins smearing moss on his suit, standard military attire. The foliage reducing his visibility by others whom may be a threat, he begins scoping the area for signs of movement. A rustling sound rips through the tree tops but nothing is in sight, perhaps the wind he figures. Noticing the impression on moss covered tree, he realizes there more to that sound then he thought and begins to start carving out a hollow he found to camp at for the night. He spreads more moss over the hollow to cover his trail.

weARElegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: @palidan: @plan-b: Creecher, swiftly passing by as a human scent caught his nose but sensors weren't showing any life signs nearby so he kept heading towards that place where he heard the humanoids were going. Reaching the location, he noticed a perimeter of armed humanoids. All sorts of species were present and nervous of their whereabouts, as his translator was picking up. Keeping to the trees and translucent he started rigging the canopy with thin fiber resembling webbing with a much higher tinsel strength able to hold his own weight for aerial type maneuvers. The webbing also being a conductive element he was able to string pull traps for people to walk through and dust away in ignorance setting off the trap.

No Caption Provided

some fine lining was places at head level to catch unsuspecting runners, as the fiber wire was just as sharp as it was thin and near impossible to see being clear as glass. Creecher then retreats to the top of the canopy waiting and listening for screamers caught or worse.

No Caption Provided

moments before going translucent, peering down at the men conversing.