We Are Legend: Tokyo Force

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@clara_mass: Closure! Yeah, I remember you. You were in WAL when I left right? How have you been?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jacob_stark: OoC: Not much, I've gotten a bit of a Skyrim addiction though.

Good, good. By the way, I know of a trick I could PM to you if you want, how one uses multiple CV accounts on the same email address, I'm just not 100% certain on how allowed it is (I asked Mercy to look into it but she didn't get a clear response).

Uhm..I'd say Jedi Knight, though if this is for CVnU, using characters and concepts from comics (and I'd expect other franchises too) is frowned upon. So maybe call it something other than Jedi (likewise with the Force)?

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: Pretty sure I was actually. Good, good. I'm kinda back from my own hiatus. Trying to get a feel of things to see if I really wanna stay. Hbu? What made you come back?

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: OOC: I tried playing Skyrim. Hated it. :/

Yeah, PM away. Any help would be appreciated.

Frowned upon by whom?

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: I missed it a lot. I'm working at a job where creativity is frowned upon so a little creative writing is great for me.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: Use comics! Be different. I'm two seconds away from using a big hero 6 look lol

@jacob_stark: Ouch. That sucks, but hey at least you're here.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Izaiah

@jacob_stark: OoC: Seriously? On what console?

On my way.

Well..the community, for starters xP I recall I brought the subject up when the CVnU rules were being decided, and as I recall basically everyone in PM agreed on no external characters & concepts being imported. Hence why there's the Lantern Sects and not any of the Lantern Corps from the comics, for instance.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@clara_mass said:

@izaiah: Use comics! Be different. I'm two seconds away from using a big hero 6 look lol

@jacob_stark: Ouch. That sucks, but hey at least you're here.

OOC:Use it : )

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: ON PS3. I remember falling in a space between two rocks and not being able to get out. Also, lots and lots of glitches when in 3rd person view. A game with that little movement is not a game I want to be a part of. I guess I just don't like RPGs at all. (Though I absolutely loved Kingdom Hearts)

Lantern Sects? but that's my issue with that. That's such a superficial change that it doesn't really seem to matter that you've changed the names. Everything else is a complete ripoff of the Lantern Corps, anyway.

Maybe I can change Jedi to "Sentry" or something like that and the Force to "The Power". That sound super lame tho.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Definitely gonna happen. It's just a matter of icons >__>

@izaiah: Well duhh I'm gonna use what I want. I was referring to the whole frowned upon bull. It'll be a cold day in hell before I...well you get the point. Also, have you been writing here? I'm always surprised to see you lol

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: Ah. You need to play it on PC and with mods then :p

It's a superficial change that I personally like. If you're gonna rip something off you might as well make a token effort at originality :p

Maybe 'Aether' in place of the Force? I'm already using it (well, were using it when I was still somewhat RPG-active...), and I suspect the concept is similar and malleable enough to work for you.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: OoC: It was my suggestion all along to frown upon, blame it on me all you like :p

LOL. Nope. Don't have any characters (that I want to use anyway) that satisfies the Japanese pop culture influence rule. Also, I have somewhat of an idea drought, so suppose I want to join (I kinda do though), it'll take some time before that happens.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@izaiah: OOC: Have you played any Kingdom Hearts games?

Aether does sound pretty badass. I don't want to steal it from you though. Aura, Current, Flow, Presence, Tide, Surge, Torrent can all work too. Thanks for letting me know about this. These are the kinda things Ima need a bit of help with before I even start to think about RPing again.

You think Sentry is an okay replacement for Jedi?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: Nope.

I'm offering it, how would you be stealing it? xD Tide sounds pretty good if you insist though.

Sentry sounds okay, just not outstanding. (Though neither does 'Jedi'.) Don't have any better suggestions though xP

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright peeps, gotta go to work now -__-

I'll see you guys later. Tell Acer, Wando, and Mercy that I can't wait to see them <3

Mercy is gonna lose her mind LOL.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@izaiah: I'll think about the Force a litle bit as I write my back-story. I'll see what word feels the most impactful/iconic to me. Aether, Surge, Torrent, Tide, Presence all sound pretty awesome so far. I really like presence since I think it would fit in with the whole Jedi spirituality thing and it sounds a little bit more purposeful and less plot devicey than the rest if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I'm not loving Sentry. I might have to run some words through google translate till I find something that sounds good lol

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By Izaiah

@jacob_stark: OoC: Or, how about 'Vine' in place of the Force? xD I even have an explanation for that, that ties into CVnU's (now inactive) Vine Titans.

Presence could work, I'm just not a great fan.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By Jacob_Stark
Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@izaiah: OOC: lol, pretty cool. Care to explain?

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: I don't believe so. I think you disappeared not too long before I joined...but I've heard good things :)

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: (OoC: Quoted from the VT PM, brainstorming on why to use a name such as "Vine Titans".)

"The Vine" could be a supernatural force that connects all life in the universe, and sometimes causes powers to manifest in different ways even when it defies logic and/or science. Some mystic-aligned would-be member of the Titans discovers the existence of this force, and perceives it as a 'vine'. It could even be a cousin (or whatever) of Norse-mythological Yggdrasil, the world tree. Spontaneous idea of mine...thoughts?

(Mostly everyone in PM who commented, seemed to like this idea. I consider it canon now.)

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: I actually really like that. I'll see if I can make that fit into the Sentries' backstory a little bit. Interesting.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: Yours too :D My main account is/was Duchess, if that helps.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: For whatever difference it makes, I decided that the Aether and the Vine are the same things, so you're oh-so-heinously 'stealing' anyway. :p

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: OOC: :O Copyright infringement.

_Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern Sects? but that's my issue with that. That's such a superficial change that it doesn't really seem to matter that you've changed the names. Everything else is a complete ripoff of the Lantern Corps, anyway.

OOC:

Except it wasn't "a complete rip off", if you actually read it. :P

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_paragon_: Wrong word choice there. Didn't mean to sound so derisive. I'm just saying if anyone was reading that, they'd immediately know it has a strong basis in the Lantern Corps from DC comics. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I was trying to make the argument that it's fine to use some well-known comic book concepts in our RPG world.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: LOL.

Hmm, I've been wanting to revise my Xantroan mythos somewhat...would you want to connect your Sentry Order (or however you name it) to that? That is, if you think such a thing could work smoothly.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: Do you remember that Acedawg is actually an experiment from your evil Xantraon king or something?

I'm not sure how exactly I want to establish the Order of the Sentries yet since up until now I was still planning to go the Jedi route. I have to think about it a bit but I'd love to hear any ideas you may have.

I think Cosmic Vine is very underused. Or was, at least when I was still around.

_Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: I got that you didn't mean it that way, just didn't want other people to get the wrong idea about the Lantern stuff (I really enjoyed those concepts).

And yeah, I think it's completely fine to use well known concepts. Buuuut I think you should throw a little bit of your own ideas into it as well.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_paragon_: Yeah, that's what I'm going to try to do this time around with my character, now that Wando has shown me the light. Sort of make my own spin on the Jedi/Force concepts.

_Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By _Paragon_

@jacob_stark: That would be cool! The space side of the vine is currently going a bit slow, Force stuff might change that. Would be happy to help out ^-^

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@_paragon_: btw, are you the same Paragon that used to use Quicksilver/Speed as his/her look?

_Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Izaiah

@jacob_stark: OoC: Yep. Sutekh (the Desert King of Pre-Dynastic Egypt) exists in largely the same fashion in CVnU as Vine Prime, so I doubt anything would have to be changed about his origins if you don't want to revise it.

I don't have any immediate ideas about the Sentries but I welcome brainstorming, as well as if you have any ideas about the Xantroans (I begun hating that name incidentally, so it's one of the things I intend to revise xP).

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@_paragon_: Well in that case, it's very nice to meet you.

@izaiah: I'ma send you the raw skeleton of what I'd like my/the sentries mythos to be later tonight/early tomorrow and maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other.I'd welcome any connections we could make between our mythos.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: Looking forward to it. Anyway, do you recall anything about what you were planning to do in regards to Aztec mythology before?

_Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izaiah: Now that you mention it, I absolutely remember talking to you about it. But I can't quite remember what the heck I was planning/thinking.

Was it something like an ancient and powerful Aztec king/god arose from the dead in Mexico and WAL had to stop him? It's slowly coming back to me.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacob_stark: OoC: Might have been Tezcatlipoca (the god of earth, night, war and a bunch of other things, and the rival of Quetzalcoatl). I don't remember exactly either.

Jacob_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By Jacob_Stark

@izaiah: Is there any possible way you could find that PM or is it impossible now? I really liked that concept.

Donara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Curious Donara strides in

Kabuto_Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Mr. Roboto approaches the visitor, carrying a silver tray of food.* "Good morning. State your name and your business with We Are Legend."

Uchiha Hotaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hotaru sat silently in seiza position in the middle of the cherry blossom forest, her eyes were closed as she was dressed in her umanori hakama and her blade "Musashi" laying on the lush green grass before her. She sat there for a few minutes, utter silence all around her as she meditated, the sweet smell of the blossoms lingered in the air and gave a serene feel to the atmosphere. Then... a gust of wind blew through the area. The branches of the beautiful cherry rose colored trees began swaying with the wind, almost dancing as sakura peddles began floating down slowly from where they once were all around the young woman.

Her eyes shot open and her yellow cat eyes quickly converted into a keep crimson aura as grasped the hilt of her blade and leap up from where she was once sitting. she could feel every cell in her body quickly reproducing, cloning themselves exactly where she needed them to be in her reticular formation of the brain along with her muscle fibers, ligaments and tendons. Unsheathing her katana with a 'zing' she began slicing through the air around her, her movements were rapid, almost impossible to keep up with the naked eye, but each movement was graceful and carefully placed as her entire body moved with her blade. Within about a minute she finally stopped, her blade extended outward as the tip of her sword had pierced through a blossom right in the center. To the normal human, it would have seemed she was simply doing fancy footwork and practicing her swings. But to the trained eye, they would have seen that each of the cherry blossoms that were now laid on the ground were sliced in half. Taking in a shaky breath from being slightly exhausted she flicked the blossom off her blade and slowly re-sheathed her weapon.

Disappointment in herself filled her eyes as they shift from their eerie crimson to their original yellow, she became too fatigued too quickly. She needed to work on her stamina with her abilities, how was she suppose to be ready for a mission when simply chopping at cherry blossoms was making her tired?