• 62 results
#1 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome one and all to the one and only weekly roast of one of our very own RPG writers. Am I being mean and setting someone up? Why no, because every person roasted is a volunteer (and Icky can ban-hammer me). Here are the rules:

1 - The person being roasted can post but cannot defend themselves until the week is up. Suck it up if you put yourself on the chopping block.

2 - All jabs are meant to be in good nature so nothing persona-l or out of line

stares at Morte

3 - These will run Monday to Monday and then a new one will be created for the next victim :)

The KOV heckling thread was just the warm-up, I expect better so do your worst.

#2 Posted by Clara Mass (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are we even doing this? Not like Icky's even relevant. Got so many accounts yet hasn't rpged with more than three smh

Roast. Roasting. Roasted. I can't wait till it's Morte week *evil laugh

#3 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@clara_mass:

That's not fair there is always one good post before the eventual disappearing act. Maybe that mattress detective squad should find all those missing second posts....

#4 Posted by Clara Mass (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: It's like false advertising whenever she posts. Great writing, but than poof! It's a conspiracy :O

#5 Edited by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

>raises finger as if about to say something, then stops< >repeat<

This is going to be a LOOOOONG week. xD

#6 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@clara_mass:

I bet she blames the guinea pigs for eating the posts, even the broken updated site does not eat that many

#7 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

Soon Icarus is going to have so many accounts she is going to think she made all of ours.

#8 Edited by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy! I wanna give it a try! But I dunno. I might be bad.

#9 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramjam: You've been given permission to taunt me with basically no consequences, show me what you've got. ;)

#10 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an awesome idea.

#11 Edited by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies: This isn't about you! This is about me! If I'm bad I'll be a laughingstock. I'll never live it down!

#12 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramjam: You've been given permission to taunt me with basically no consequences, show me what you've got. ;)

WOW

you actually made a second post on the same subject in the same day, we are so proud :)

#13 Posted by RamJam (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh! Ooh! Icky is the worst date ever! Quickster couldn't count how many times he got told (or how many times he called to say) "let's fool around," and when the time came, Icky wasn't there for me! Y'know, we've been planning to get together since the first time she almost banny banned me and it's never happened!

Always standing me up. What the heck!?

#14 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

Well... Well... Well... Where do I begin.

She was the weirdo with the guinee pig av for the longest time to me. I mean, when she first started I was like, she'll never last. Unfortunately she's still here. Anyway, she and I have about 65 unfinished RPGs lying around the negative zone somewhere. If she could only take her addddddddhd she might be able to finish 4 of them.

#15 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

do me!!!

#17 Edited by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

do me!!!

I will make a list of people who volunteer and everyone will get their turn.

These will change weekly Mon-Mon

#18 Posted by Street_Samurai (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are we Roasting?

A Guinea pig?

*Walks out... Slams door shut.*

#19 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

If you feed a collection of hallucinogenic drugs to a monkey holding a pack of crayons it would come up with similar ideas as Icarusflies has, and its handwriting may even be neater.

#20 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, Icarus has always been too nice for me to really Roast the hell out of her :P

If you feed a collection of hallucinogenic drugs to a monkey holding a pack of crayons it would come up with similar ideas and Icarusflies, and its handwriting may even be neater.

omg I love this.

#21 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@cellphonegirl:

When I mentioned this idea she dove at the opportunity to be the first victim, best not to disappoint one so eager, yes?

#22 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

@cellphonegirl: she is my master and thus she deserves nay demands my participation

#23 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know where the heck this big alt-sell out is but Icky certainly took advantage of the big "create one rp and 25 alts" deal.

#24 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: Trueeee :P and omg my notification system actually worked.

#25 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@risky said:

I don't know where the heck this big alt-sell out is but Icky certainly took advantage of the big "create one rp and 25,000 alts" deal.

correction

#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

Gurl, you aint a Guinea Pig. Wake up.

#27 Edited by ReEnforcer (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good thing the Vine was created cause if Icarus couldn't get some of the ideas she has out I'm afraid she'd end up on some news broadcast advising people to approach with caution.

#28 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this all you got? ;)

#29 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this all you got? ;)

Sadly I actually do not know you well enough to have a lot of ammo.

#30 Posted by Clara Mass (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkchild said:

do me!!!

No. Not even with a twelve inch ruler

#31 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by superstay (10124 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies said:

Is this all you got? ;)

Your AV is too cute

d>.<b

#33 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice said:

@cellphonegirl said:

@clara_mass: I can't wait until it's your week ;]

volunteers only

I totally thought Clara did! damn. That's disappointing haha

so far only Icky and myself have confirmed to my knowledge.

a few others have shown consideration, but until I get a concrete yes, no go

#36 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: I would for sure wanna be roasted :P

#37 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice: I would for sure wanna be roasted :P

then you are officially the 3rd confirmed to be roasty toasty

#38 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dear... a roast is it...? And what's that you say? You want more? Very well, I suppose I can take a swing at the green gerbil.

@icarusflies:

Hah, that's like taking all the best qualities of Sha, and then combining them with all of my worst qualities. The end result is like the biggest RPG tease there ever was. On the one hand you have the ability to mass produce incredibly varied and interesting characters, places, plots, and who knows what else. Build all of the excitement, get everyone jumping with anticipation, throw out one big epic ball of awesome, and then... we get tossed off onto the other hand. After all the hype and excitement: nothing. Bam, end of story. Unfinished cliffhanger..... BUT WAIT! LOOK AT THIS NEW AWESOME IDEA! *throws out confetti* It's like she can't actually think of any way to end anything so she just tries to distract us with the next plan instead, hoping nobody will call attention to the thirty or so unfinished events that came prior.

Rinse and Repeat.

On a side note, has anybody noticed that the only characters she seems to stick with* (read: use more than once) are characters that are completely insane? We're talking the type of crazy that would think a pirate themed bar mitzvah held in Antarctica would seem like a perfectly reasonable event. And then get mad that none of the guests could make it. Which would probably be for the best, considering the previously mentioned crazy character throwing the party would be just as likely to hurl the guests into the ocean and take bets on how long before they all stopped moving as they would be to start serving cocktails and appetizers...

Might want to take a step back re-evaluate the characters you can get the most enthusiastic about Icky... Can't be healthy... Especially when it seems to come that naturally to you. I suppose the medium of internet superheroes is a better outlet than the padded cell and a coloring book you would otherwise be forced to work with...

To summarize,

I still <3 you Icky :D Even if I don't come to visit you at the institution when the doctors assure me it's been at least two weeks since you gnawed somebody's hand off because you thought they were hiding strawberries.

#39 Posted by _Quickster_ (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember during the spam attacks when Icky was on constant duty and I did this!

And I also remember when she almost killed me when I got here and I made this.

And you'd think I'd be the one most shaken up about it, but the way she acts, it's like she killed someone. And I keep trying to tell her it's fine. She only killed my dreams.

She's so incoherent she hired Zem the Mattress Squad to find her lost guinea pig, only to find it was on her head!

Her head is so crazy, you could recognize it from the back at a con and know her immediately! It's like, aliens could see it from space!

Worst president ever.

#40 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Time's running out! If you want to make fun of me, now's the time to do it!

#41 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't you go do something productive like make another alt never to see the light of day :)

#42 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

@icarusflies said:

Why don't you go do something productive like make another alt never to see the light of day :)

hahaha

Maybe I could start asking her to make my alts for me.

#43 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice said:

@icarusflies said:

hahaha

Maybe I could start asking her to make my alts for me.

Only if you want to be a guinea pig, mattress, or jump through paintings for a living

#44 Posted by ReEnforcer (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the kind of thrilling conversation Icky brings to the table

#45 Posted by ReEnforcer (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the cage design of an avid guinea lover, I don't even dare think what @icarusflies design looks like. Based on some of her stories finished or more likely not its either magical, horrifying or a combination of both.

#46 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had a nickle for every time Icky ditched an RP, I could have bought ComicVine instead of CBS

#47 Edited by Clara Mass (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

@armistice said:

If I had a nickle for every time Icky ditched an RP, I could have bought ComicVine instead of CBS

Haha x infinity

#48 Posted by Pyrogram (40883 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahaha

#49 Edited by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited to respond to this tomorrow. >_>

#50 Posted by Armistice (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited to respond to this tomorrow. >_>

You are free to do so starting midnight EST

At that point unless there is another confirmed volunteer I will put myself in the line of fire :)